Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
Wonder if replying to them with a link to this topic and saying that it lays out everything will help. Probably not but it would save some wasted typing efforts.
Oct 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
ZeroDragon said:
Wonder if replying to them with a link to this topic and saying that it lays out everything will help. Probably not but it would save some wasted typing efforts.

Already did that.
Oct 20, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:

Phew. I glanced over few comments and immediately hit Ctrl-F4 and returned to Tsukihime (I'm close to the end of the Ciel route). It's bad enough that I'm starting to get Nostalgia Critic rank seizures when seeing idiotic comments...
Can anyone kind enough provide me with a quick summary of the video itself?

Summary? This: hid images for readability

RinPriest said:
TL;DR - if your a new guy coming to the show prepare for a clusterfuck of information being spewed at you from all sides, and some of them are straight up bullshit (no offense but some people who watch zero think they know everything about fate) so it will confuse the fuck out of you when you see multiple confusing answers to your simple questions such as "should I watch fate/zero first?".

Thanks, both of you. So basically what I more or less expected.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Oct 20, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
RinPriest said:

and than people ask me why I keep being annoying and telling people to not watch zero first when I have like thousands of these guys running around spoiling shit for new viewers.

When I see shit like that I end up spending a hour going through entire comment section of the video correcting people and shaming idiots.

I guess I have a twisted personality

He's the hero the comment section deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
Oct 20, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
I'm so sick of hearing that Dark Knight bullshit, seriously.
Oct 20, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
insan3priest said:
A video by Sawyer that pretty well illustrates how confusing and frustrating this can be for newcomers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtnoMn4mRM&list=UU_LDTZuy4FWeVcsVU2kfoww

And the top comment is literally "hey guyse if your confused watch Zero first~"

*facepalm*

Hm an example of someone who hasn't seen / read FSN, my sister watched Fate / Zero and said that it's not that good because it was super confusing and made little sense(And she has very good taste in anime in my opinion).
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 20, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
insan3priest said:
A video by Sawyer that pretty well illustrates how confusing and frustrating this can be for newcomers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtnoMn4mRM&list=UU_LDTZuy4FWeVcsVU2kfoww

All I can say is that this FAQ is VERY important.

The breakdown here of what order you should approach the Fate series is pretty much the consensus of anybody who knows what they're talking about. The VN should ideally be your starting point, but if you don't want to read, there are other options.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2014
Added some tidbits that should address the issues of secondaries complaining why they're getting repetitive information and DEEN-only viewers complaining why everything seems to be the same so far.
Oct 25, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
So far there's been more nods to F/Z than I expected.
Oct 25, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2007
ZeroDragon said:
So far there's been more nods to F/Z than I expected.

Not more than in Fate route.

I don't see things added as nods. I see them as overcompensating for mysteries from Fate/Route

Illya needs build up for thist hat fate route produced - so they added it in here.
Oct 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
Added the UBW Bad Ends topic and references to the pages where explanations for episode 3's big question can be found to the FAQ.
ZeroDragonOct 26, 2014 6:06 PM
Oct 26, 2014 7:06 PM

Sep 2014
No.

F/SN is a visual novel, where (some of) your choice(s) can affect the plot and ending of the novel. UBW is one of the possible routes the MC can take
Oct 27, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2009
Should be added to the faq

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images so you don't stretch the forum layout.
LunaNov 16, 2014 9:08 AM
Nov 2, 2014 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
Tsundereppoi said:
Should be added to the faq

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Thank you for that, my friend.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaNov 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
It's basically answered already, but perhaps you should put the question, whether it's just a remake of the 2006 anime, at the beginning of the OP.
Nov 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
So, my decision to put Fate/Zero in hold is a right one? I am in 5 minutes in Episode 1.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Nov 13, 2014 4:52 PM

May 2014
peeyaj said:
So, my decision to put Fate/Zero in hold is a right one? I am in 5 minutes in Episode 1.
With the information we have that certainly sounds like the right move.
Nov 13, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
One secret is already out, but that won't matter. Enjoy FSN and afterwards FZ.
Nov 14, 2014 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
peeyaj said:
Well FZ spoils stuff since the first few seconds....at least you avoided everything else...
Nov 14, 2014 3:29 AM

Sep 2014
2 spoilers in the first 5 minutes i would say.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Nov 14, 2014 3:36 AM

Aug 2009
RejoicingPriest said:
Only the scenes with Kiritsugu and Kirei&Tokiomi are in the first 5 mins.

What's the 2nd spoiler?
Nov 14, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2013
FakePriest said:
RejoicingPriest said:

What's the 2nd spoiler?

Nov 14, 2014 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
RejoicingPriest said:

What's the 2nd spoiler?

Nov 14, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
RejoicingPriest said:
FakePriest said:

What's the 2nd spoiler?

The second one is not a spoiler, it's outright revealed at the beginning when you meet him.
Nov 14, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
CorePriest said:
FakePriest said:

What's the 2nd spoiler?

Those go together for me.

And I dont know about Kiritsugu...I mean only
looks like a spoiler.

Both and especially the first,are twists you expect while reading Fate route.
Nov 14, 2014 4:50 AM

Sep 2014
CorePriest said:
RejoicingPriest said:

The second one is not a spoiler, it's outright revealed at the beginning when you meet him.

Oops I forgot that part, although it wasn't outright stated in this anime though.

I need to get started on that re-read.
Nov 14, 2014 6:23 AM

Jul 2007
Since there's no fate route and they are adding those twists into UBW, they are still spoilers.
Nov 16, 2014 8:55 AM

Jul 2013
WAIT OH MY GOD WHEN DID THIS BECOME A STICKY

DID THIS JUST BECOME A STICKY?
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 16, 2014 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck yeh
Nov 16, 2014 9:09 AM
Nov 16, 2014 9:16 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned.
As some people already noticed I made this thread a sticky thread and removed all the off-topic posts. And I don't only mean the "bump" posts but also the chatting and off-topic discussions about other series and other things. This is an FAQ thread about Fate so please keep it about Fate. To keep this thread helpful for users (which is the intention of the thread) please use it as a question/answer thread around the Fate universe. Please refrain from spamming and move longer discussions etc. to separate threads.
Nov 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Oct 2012
Yes! It's stickied! Thanks, mods.
Nov 16, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
A miracle has been achieved.
Nov 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
ZeroDragon said:
A miraclemirakura has been achieved.

You're welcome :3
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 26, 2014 12:35 AM

Sep 2013
Getting into this series is enough of a clusterfuck without all the secondaries spreading nonsense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
What are the HF movies the op is referring to and are they released?
Nov 26, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Letitbe said:
Not released yet. ufotable will work on them once they are done with the UBW series. Heaven's Feel is the final route of FSN, that was unlocked after you had played the first two routes Fate and UBW.
Nov 26, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
Letitbe said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25537/Fate/stay_night:_Heavens_Feel
Not yet
Nov 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
There seems to be some other movies too, should I watch them and if so, when?
Nov 26, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2011
If you are referring to this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6922/Fate/stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works

Avoid it, it just a butchered version of the currently airing series, not bother with it.
Nov 28, 2014 12:49 AM
Jul 2014
I screwed up by watching F/Z first. I'm confused. Are UBW, HF, and F/SN all to do with the F/SN visual novel? What are "routes"? And how long does it take a show from the Fate universe to be dubbed? Because, though it's highly unpopular, I prefer the dubbed versions of anime, especially F/Z.
Nov 28, 2014 1:04 AM

Sep 2013
Pyrowombat said:
I screwed up by watching F/Z first. I'm confused. Are UBW, HF, and F/SN all to do with the F/SN visual novel? What are "routes"? And how long does it take a show from the Fate universe to be dubbed? Because, though it's highly unpopular, I prefer the dubbed versions of anime, especially F/Z.

Fate, UBW, and HF are the 3 routes in FSN. Each is an alternate timeline that takes place during the 5th holy grail war. Each one tells a different story but are all centered around Shirou as the MC.

All 3 routes were in the VN, but only UBW and HF are being adapted into an anime (or more accurately, are the only adaptations worth spending your time on).

It will probably be a while until the show airing now will be dubbed (a year at least) - so you'll have to decide whether you're willing to wait that long.

No need to belittle your own preference for the dub. It was very well done and holds its own against the Japanese easily.
Nov 28, 2014 1:08 AM

May 2014
Pyrowombat said:

Depends on how popular it is, considering the push to get F/zero dubbed I wouldn't be surprised if FSN got the same treatment.

The FSN visual novel. Consists of three parts: Fate, Unlimited blade works and heavens feel. Those are the 3 chapters if you like.
Nov 28, 2014 1:14 AM

Apr 2014
Also, some questions that are brought up or details that are largely ignored in one route may not be explained until a later route.
Nov 29, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 2010
I know that Fate/Stay Night was made before Fate/Zero, but I disagree that Fate/Zero requires some form of prior knowledge, I think it makes a great stand alone series. I tried watching 2006's Fate/Stay Night at first, but I couldn't make it to the end of the first episode. I thought the characters were predictable and annoying, and more importantly, it started like every anime ever made. On the contrary, I got hooked on Fate/zero instantly. It felt fresh and mature and the fact that it was a bit hard to follow in the beginning made it that much more interesting. I don't like when an anime is dumb, when the obvious is overstated, so I think not having any prior knowledge made it fun and challenging.

Now I'm trying to watch Unlimited Blade Works, and it makes me cringe to have to watch the same first episode again. I seriously wonder if it's worth it. I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the setting in Stay Night as well. In Fate/Zero, the big magi families from around the world have to assemble in one place for the war, and they are sworn enemies, yet 10 years later all their children conveniently attend the same high school and are buddies? It seems like they put way more thoughts into making the prequel than the original. Stay Night sounds like it was created as a poor excuse to make some generic high school drama happen.

I guess my question is: are we going to be served the same kind of brilliant dialogue, subdued narration and great characterization that we saw in Fate/Zero, or are we going to spend 25 episodes listening to Sakura call Shirou "sempai" twice in every sentence she utters?
Nov 29, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2014
Flashmud said:
I know that Fate/Stay Night was made before Fate/Zero, but I disagree that Fate/Zero requires some form of prior knowledge, I think it makes a great stand alone series. I tried watching 2006's Fate/Stay Night at first, but I couldn't make it to the end of the first episode. I thought the characters were predictable and annoying, and more importantly, it started like every anime ever made. On the contrary, I got hooked on Fate/zero instantly. It felt fresh and mature and the fact that it was a bit hard to follow in the beginning made it that much more interesting. I don't like when an anime is dumb, when the obvious is overstated, so I think not having any prior knowledge made it fun and challenging.

Now I'm trying to watch Unlimited Blade Works, and it makes me cringe to have to watch the same first episode again. I seriously wonder if it's worth it. I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the setting in Stay Night as well. In Fate/Zero, the big magi families from around the world have to assemble in one place for the war, and they are sworn enemies, yet 10 years later all their children conveniently attend the same high school and are buddies? It seems like they put way more thoughts into making the prequel than the original. Stay Night sounds like it was created as a poor excuse to make some generic high school drama happen.

I guess my question is: are we going to be served the same kind of brilliant dialogue, subdued narration and great characterization that we saw in Fate/Zero, or are we going to spend 25 episodes listening to Sakura call Shirou "sempai" twice in every sentence she utters?

Fate/Zero ending isn't fully explained/make sense unless you've read the Heaven's Feel route of FSN.

There are only three 'big' magi families associated with the Holy Grail War. Tohsaka, Eizenbern, and Matou. Two of the three live in Fuyuki so of course their kids go to the same school. The three families had to have some level of cooperation to even create the holy grail war.

The high school isn't even the main focus of the series so I don't see your point.

I guess you will have to watch more than one episode of the show to find out.
nocorrasNov 29, 2014 11:05 PM
Nov 29, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
Judging FSN from Deen's anime...sigh...

People should stop judging something when all their knowledge is from sources like a wiki made by a 5 year old or works that are made based on the original work and serve only as an expansion.

Seeing you failed to understand that the big families that created the Holy Grail War are only 3, FSN knowledge is DEFINITELY required.
Nov 30, 2014 12:14 AM

Jul 2013
oh boy here we go

just had some spicy ramen, it's 2 in the morning, i'm fired up kind of, let's go

Flashmud said:
I know that Fate/Stay Night was made before Fate/Zero, but I disagree that Fate/Zero requires some form of prior knowledge, I think it makes a great stand alone series.

lol that's wrong

There's a reason literally the only people who say Fate/Zero works great on its own are people who started with it; they don't know what's missing from it. You may have enjoyed it on its own, but you would have enjoyed it far more with the beforehand knowledge from F/SN.

I tried watching 2006's Fate/Stay Night at first

That was your first mistake.

[Fate/Zero] felt fresh and mature

Why, because most of the characters are over twenty years old?

Now I'm trying to watch Unlimited Blade Works, and it makes me cringe to have to watch the same first episode again. I seriously wonder if it's worth it. I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the setting in Stay Night as well. In Fate/Zero, the big magi families from around the world have to assemble in one place for the war, and they are sworn enemies, yet 10 years later all their children conveniently attend the same high school and are buddies?

It's almost like you don't get all the necessary info from Fate/Zero alone. There is just so much wrong in your post that would be fixed by knowing what you're talking about.

It seems like they put way more thoughts into making the prequel than the original. Stay Night sounds like it was created as a poor excuse to make some generic high school drama happen.

Do you ever wonder why the fanbase is considered rather hostile towards people with "different opinions?" It's because you use intentionally provocative words like that concerning a franchise you don't even know much about. It's because you pretend to know what you're talking about and then go on to make uneducated remarks that are embarrassing to read.

Well, there is a reason why some Type-Moon fans consider Fate/stay night as a whole to be a better piece of work than Fate/Zero. There is a reason why Type-Moon fans like Fate/stay night so much. There is a reason why fans get so defensive when people go on about how Fate/Zero was so "deep and mature" and then dismiss Fate/stay night as "generic kiddie shit" in comparison.

But with your attitude, it looks like you've already made up your mind on what you think of F/SN. And from the sound of it, you haven't even made it to Episode 3.

Ugh, at this point, I'm going to become the next Fai.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 30, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2014
Flashmud said:
I tried watching 2006's Fate/Stay Night at first, but I couldn't make it to the end of the first episode.

Then you know nothing about F/SN.

Now I'm trying to watch Unlimited Blade Works, and it makes me cringe to have to watch the same first episode again.

It's a different story.

I seriously wonder if it's worth it. I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the setting in Stay Night as well. In Fate/Zero, the big magi families from around the world have to assemble in one place for the war, and they are sworn enemies, yet 10 years later all their children conveniently attend the same high school and are buddies? It seems like they put way more thoughts into making the prequel than the original. Stay Night sounds like it was created as a poor excuse to make some generic high school drama happen.

Einzbern, Matou, Tohsaka are the big three, two of whom lived in Fuyuki even in Zero and the Einzberns still don't. There are no other major families. And if you watched Zero you'd know that other than said highschoolers there are no viable participants for the HGW from said families.
Shirou happens to go to the same highschool because Kiritsugu also lived in Fuyuki. If anything these faults are from Fate/Zero, not Fate/Stay Night.
As for "generic highschool drama"; what the hell does generic even mean here? And it's hardly been a highschool drama if you've actually been watching.

A Japanese person using proper Japanese etiquette when speaking to her senior? My, what a garbage show.

And yes, though I have this creeping feeling it's going to go over your head and be dismissed as shounen harem nonsense.
Nov 30, 2014 2:52 AM

Aug 2014
Let him drown in his ideals and die.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.