Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
Sigh, anticipated this to be the next Nagi no Asukura. But after reading forums about how crappy this show is,... sigh. Just throwing this out there, im curious, is there anyone out there who does not think this show disappoints? if so please give reasons why and try to convince me to watch this show. To the 696 pplz who gave this a 10 on myanimelist. Give me Hope.
Oct 7, 2014 8:16 PM
Apr 2014
powerofemo said:
Sigh, anticipated this to be the next Nagi no Asukura. But after reading forums about how crappy this show is,... sigh. Just throwing this out there, im curious, is there anyone out there who does not think this show disappoints? if so please give reasons why and try to convince me to watch this show. To the 696 pplz who gave this a 10 on myanimelist. Give me Hope.

I don't think so... in fact, i would think people who voted this over 8 are... crazy.

I was following this, but at half the episode, i would close the window and watch the next one cause NOTHING HAPPENS. I mean, this whole season and NOTHING happened, like, wut.

I'm still wondering what was supposed to happen in this anime.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 7, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
Idk, if you liked the huge love polygon in Nagiasu especially, this show also satisfies that. If you want world-building, good dialogue (oh man, the Glasslip dialogue is hilariously bad) and other aspects, there are better shows to suit your needs.
Oct 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
If you enjoy watching shows with great visuals (background pictures, etc.), then Glasslip does not disappoint. The OST isn't bad either. But besides that...I wouldn't bother.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2010
As a fellow huge NagiAsu fan I can tell you this is a complete waste of time. The only good things about this series is the OST and the visuals everything else is either boring or laughably bad. There is no hope only despair~

Go watch Shirobako instead
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 9, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
If you're ready to leave Nagi no Asukara need back, then you'll enjoy this. People who complain about this show and call it trash are simply butthurted. Watch it.
Oct 30, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
Its not perfect by any means, but I think its a very solid and entertaining show somewhere between a 7 or a 8
If you liked Nagi no, then give it a shot, its not as good but its by no means as bad as everyone is claiming it to be :)
Nov 19, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
I came from watching Nagi no Asukara to having some reasonable expectations for this.

I am not exaggerating when I say this show is complete shit and a waste of your time, sometimes you can overcome a poor plot line to some degree via characterization and maybe even art and sound in few circumstances, there really is nothing to be desired about this show though.

It sucks, I wanted it to be good, but it simply isn't good.
Dec 28, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2014
After watching the series, I kind of wondered if the experience would've changed if I hadn't looked at review and rating. I am going to try to watch anime without looking at other people's thoughts first, and just focus on what I actually think of it. I think you should do the same. I actually made a thread similar to this one before I started Glasslip.

I'll tell you the good things about it since you're asking. The signature Nagi no Asukara/P.A. Works animation is amazing. However I am sure you've heard that there are some still shots used. All I can say if that there were sometimes I honestly couldn"t tell whether I was looking at an anime or real picture or not, but other times where the animation quality became somewhat standard. But the anmation to me was pretty amazing and I didn't really mind still shots that much. The OP is really good, just like eb and flow which is my favorite. There are some really good OSTs in there too, and the signature OST for the dramatic moments is great as well.

The problem with this show lies in its characters and plot. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but just give you the jist of it. I haven't read too many people's reactions of it yet, but I'm going to guess most people didn't like it because they hated one of the ships, characters, or the ending. I just suggest you watch it through and decide for yourself. If you like th characters and the couples they end up in you'll probably like the anime.

Who did you ship in nagi no asukara? The characters reflect nagi's characters a lot.

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.