Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2021 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
Noland died like Roger
The Golden City of Shandora and The Bell = One Piece!

Aug 4, 2021 2:36 PM

Oct 2020
Amazing episode !
Both Calgara and Noland's backstory is just sad when you think about it
May 30, 2022 4:47 AM

Jan 2021
Damn bro what an amazing story it’s so sad that everything tragically ended this way

Jul 7, 2022 8:07 PM
Feb 2022
Una pena lo que le paso a Noland. Siempre dijo la verdad, pero murió porque nadie le creyó, y su amigo mantuvo la promesa hasta que la corriente disparo la isla al cielo. Los dos fueron grandes guerreros.
Jul 8, 2022 12:30 AM

Aug 2020
When a small part of an arc just carried it altogether
It was inevitable...
Jul 17, 2022 2:59 PM

Oct 2019
Those episodes about Noland made me feel really bad about the whole Shandian situation... His story is pretty sad, he died without getting to meet his friend once again and with everyone thinking that he is a liar, although he was telling the truth :/

Those 3 episodes were one of my favorites in this arc.
Jul 21, 2022 3:41 PM

Apr 2018
Freakin' A... I am balling my eyes out. Didn't expect this ep to get me good. I feel bad for saying this, but it's a good thing the King didn't get what he wanted. If the island was intact at that time, I feel the King would've killed the villagers due to greed; it would've destroyed the relationship between Noland and Calgara.

I'm so sad that those two didn't get to see each other one last time :( ...
Aug 2, 2022 2:26 AM

May 2020
This 3 episode mini story perfectly encapsulates One Piece

the writing for back stories ends up being better than the actual one piece story itself lol.
Aug 3, 2022 12:32 PM

Dec 2018
pretty good, but horrible timing.
Sep 1, 2022 4:48 PM
Sep 2020
5/5,my favorite flashback story in one piece ,Noland the Warrior
Oct 12, 2022 8:32 PM
Aug 2022
The true story of Noland the Liar left me in tears, not only was he branded a liar then killed for it, he also never got to reunite with his good friend. I'm so sad they never got to see each other again :'(. Their romance was so beautiful.

The nerve of Eneru/Enel destroying hundreds of years of precious history he knows nothing of. Luffy kick his a** already!
DedeeChanOct 12, 2022 8:36 PM
Jan 14, 2023 7:49 PM
Aug 2021
Beautiful. The power of friendship.
Feb 23, 2023 9:47 PM

Dec 2022
this episode was really rough on my collar, got stretched a lot and a lot of snot on it
Mar 17, 2023 6:19 PM
Nov 2022
Episodes 187-189 were just so well made. I'd argue they were the best part of this entire arc so far. Honestly would have preferred more of them over all these back and forth fight scenes. 
And the little plot twists that did so much for this story in just 3 episodes was just epic.  
Apr 26, 2023 7:10 PM
Oct 2019
So it's Noland crews that chopping the trees but because it already got infected by the plague.
It just a misunderstanding.

Damn what a heartbreaking backstory.
I'm not crying, you crying šŸ˜­
Oct 9, 2023 10:45 PM

May 2019
Great storytelling and nice touch to the storybook from Jaya. So sad though. I don't understand why Noland would tell the King there's a city of gold (unless he's just very honest) for the king to invade when Noland cared so much for the people of Jaya (despite the island being blasted up by the knock up stream). Either way, I enjoyed these episodes.
Feb 24, 7:18 AM
May 2017
It was a great reveal about Noland. I thought we only heard about him in the beginning and nothing else.
Mar 19, 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
in the vestiges of history the courage shown by the Shandians will be heard as long as the bell tolls.
Rather happy the two didn't meet .The king was upto no good and would have soured the relation between two great men.
Verifies and showcases why the Shandians have deep sheathed hatred for Skypiea.Attacked with all might without warnings when they were at their absolute low.
Wyper my man don't die ,as a descendent of Calgara you have a duty to fill
Apr 13, 2:39 AM
Mar 2024
Well, besides all I'm glad the king couldn't reach Shandia. If he could, he would kill how many he needed to steal all their gold. Although OP characters react to things differently, the king's greed was shown so I don't doubt it. I am disappointed in Norland, he is not that naive to think the king would come in peace. When he heard the king's orders, I expected him to react in surprise, but he had a determined expression. Kinda confused on this side of the story, I wonder if this is the exact copy of the manga and if so, what is the mangaka's goal here.

Shandia's fate seems so sad. They clearly had a majestic civilization before something happened and their opportunities regressed, the folk living in fear of the outside. Their people were about to wipe out and afterwards their land flies to the clouds, with newer much more advanced enemies wanting their land before they can recover. No wonder they are antagonistic toward strangers. The village head telling this story to a young impressionable Wiper is tragic, his path seemed determined before he could understand the world around him. Now I understand him better. Anyways, these few episodes was a treat, they explain so much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1089 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 6

180 by MegaApple »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 471 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Oct 16, 2010

80 by gannoncannon55 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 368 Discussion

VK11 - Sep 1, 2008

46 by bbbree15 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

51 by Berry-Vodka »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Will You-Know-Who come back?

GoatPieceLuffy - 10 hours ago

9 by Kal_b »»
5 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.