Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2011 7:09 PM

Dec 2008
noelhoi said:
oh, Agatha's fucked. go you 7 ranger~

^ +1
I'm sick of Miata and Clarice!
Mar 11, 2011 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
I think there's a few options as to what happends now, 'cept the kickass battle : 1)Galatea realizes who the 7 are
2) Clarice realizes who the 7 are
3) The guardsmen realise who the 7 are
4) Several of the above
5) Miata & Clarice find out who the 7 are and try to kill them, being defectors and all
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 10, 2012 3:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Clarice finally showed some spine, but God her and Miata are annoying. I guess the Organization made this generation more stupid in order to make them more easily controlled.

The arrival of the 7 is predictable yet needed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2013 7:03 PM

Dec 2010
It's hero time... Ugh, the fab 7 just had to butt in, it feels kinda lame when they do saving for third time in a row.
Sep 8, 2013 6:33 PM
Oct 2011
well at least in exchange for only getting chapters once a month the chapters are extra large
Nov 9, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
FFs. I'm not putting a cross on Clarice but almost doing so. When she was running away I started cursing her so bad.
So Clarice clearly showed she's a pussy with all that crying and running away leaving her teammate to face the death. Miata is close to an evil little human being but she tried to protect and save Clarice multiple times.
Clarice returns and tries to help Miata out. She probably did it against her will because she's so scared of Miata's personality. She's not even sure why she did it.
So all in all, I didn't lose all the respect to her at the end, but I don't expect nothing from her character from now on either. But I also recognize that it's quite refreshing that there is for the first time a Claymore who's a coward and would run away letting her mates die to save her own life. I guess that just shows that this new consignment of soldiers (from 30 to 47 ranks like Miria said they are fillers) are more close to human than half demons.

But to be honest, I really hope she just dies with Miata and saves us from having to see their journey. I want more from the ghosts, Raki and the abyss's.
So now I would like to see Galatea joining forces with the ghost crew, I think it's possible. I remember the scene when she said to Clare and Jean (after facing Rifuru and told the organization they maybe died) that she didn't know if she would see them as a mates or as a rivals next time, so maybe that leaves the door open now.
And some of you guys now tell that Clarice and Miata may want to kill the desertor group... Wow, if that were to happen after they saved their lifes I will be reaaaaaaaaaaally pissed off.
MMiyamotoNov 9, 2015 5:11 PM
Dec 19, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2014
7 Samurai Claymores.

Loved this chapter, I kinda like how Clarice went for Agatha's head even though she sucks at fighting. It makes me respect her a bit more now. The return of the seven was so epic though. ^_^
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jun 10, 2017 2:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
arrives the cavalry!!!! coool!!!
Nov 15, 2019 5:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome entry for the Ghosts!

Clarice and Miata’s moments were touching but so out of place. Clarice running away seriously infuriated me though but seeing her come back and outpour her emotions was a nice treat.

Finally, Galatea and Claire will most likely reunite! A part of me was sure Galatea would be meeting her doom soon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2021 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
bettynoire said:
special ed monster child

I love that description of Miata.

Clarice is my favorite character, and her weird mother-daughter relationship with Miata is my favorite thing in the series.

The line Miata has after throwing her sword is different in scanlation and official translation.

Scanlation: "Mama... Don't... Run away, Mama..."

Translation: "Mama... Run away... Don't die, Mama..."

I read the official version first, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Then Clarice actually ran away. An insane child is braver than Clarice. I probably would've pussied out and run away too. But then she turns back, even though it's useless.

If the Seven Ghosts hadn't showed up, everyone would have died.
Sep 13, 2021 6:04 AM

Jan 2020
Clare is back on business !
Jul 2, 2022 8:20 AM

Nov 2020
Clare and others came for help!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 28, 2022 9:20 AM

Nov 2021
damn! that entry at the end. 5/5 chapter
Mar 20, 2023 7:59 AM

Sep 2021
I don't get why everybody thinks of Miata as creepy or evil. She's good at killing Yoma but hasn't shown any sign of being unnecessarily violent or enjoying it (while many other Claymores have). Yes, it's pretty weird, that she wants to..drink milk... but she's obviously traumatized. And until now she has shown nothing but love and devotion to Clarice.

Mar 12, 3:22 PM
May 2017
I don't think it's right to hate on Clarice for running away. She's genuinely the weakest of the Claymores(#47), so it's only logical to run away from that situation to survive. Her vs Agatha is basically an insect vs a monstrous predator. Despite that, she still turned around in the end to save Miata.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.