Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (151) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2009 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
ladyxzeus said:
Finally somebody with a list longer than mine! =D *happy dance* And it has a complex style for a change! <3 Your scores also come in a wide range, too bad that you rated low most of my favourite shows. You watch of everything and that's great, nothing to add! Except maybe, some nekobois.

(also, is it supposed to have a black background or a picture is not loading for me?)

My views on serious drama and romance (ranging from mild distaste to utter loathing) tend to play the largest part in rather low compatibility ratings. Also neko boys are an abomination, so I won't be going out of my way to watch any series with them, or rather after Loveless I actively avoid them unless they're a minor char in a decently funny show (eg Digi Charat has a couple kemonomimi shounen).

And as I said on the first page here, I removed the bg from my list because I discovered it looked horrific at very low (and unfortunately very common) resolutions. My next design will take the relics in to account.

exospectral: 61% compat is fairly normal (high 50s to mid 60s are what I mostly see) though I think the tiled background on your list looks a little tacky. Not much to say about your scores, really. You seem to rate fairly high on average, and don't go under five, so our scoring methodology is obviously quite different.
Oct 27, 2009 12:14 AM

Dec 2007
rebekah said:
GOOD! You've watched Barefoot Gen

But you need to watch Soul Eater :P

Yes I do. It was about time I added it to the Plan to Watch list.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 27, 2009 12:27 AM

Aug 2009
A7Xrawks said:
7/10
Theme (bakground) aren't that great, and it seems u watch quite a number of Currently airing animes in your list.
your fav anime is code geass which is awesome <3 ~

I do admit my list style and themes sux.7/10 is what i expect though. Ok for your list, 7/10 background is simple and cut, yet you need to change your links color. Pink on Pink background is kinda hard to read. Similar appreciation for shared animes. You are not a mecha fan. Kinda sad. So many animes i hven't heard of in unique to you list.

@ladyxzeus. 8/10. wat a long list. background is simple and cute. you watch only UC gundam series? Not a fan of action/mecha series, i guess?
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Oct 27, 2009 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
@Lavatry: For not being any special php, etc. it isn't that bad.

Problems: Your watching mostly currently airing shows, Naruto wasn't dropped,You liked Zombie Loans OVA's over the series? Annd apparently don't like yuri that much

Yays.: Dropped Shippuden, bg fits occasion, and text, watching KHR! Stayed almost away from Yugioh, and PTW 2 great animes.

7/10
Oct 27, 2009 12:39 AM

Mar 2009
Completed many (but not the most I've seen) anime.
Oct 27, 2009 12:47 AM

May 2008
exospectral said:
A7Xrawks said:
7/10
Theme (bakground) aren't that great, and it seems u watch quite a number of Currently airing animes in your list.
your fav anime is code geass which is awesome <3 ~

I do admit my list style and themes sux.7/10 is what i expect though. Ok for your list, 7/10 background is simple and cut, yet you need to change your links color. Pink on Pink background is kinda hard to read. Similar appreciation for shared animes. You are not a mecha fan. Kinda sad. So many animes i hven't heard of in unique to you list.

So you're actually mecha fan, eh? -Anyway, it's true that the texts in my list are kind of hard to read. but changing the colour of the text makes me think that it doesn't really fit the theme. That's why i changed the colour to black when you move your cursor around the text. Or, Highlight the list for better reading.
Yeah, i prefer watching non-mecha shows, but mecha shows like Code Geass or TTGL are my favs though.
Oct 27, 2009 12:58 AM

Jul 2009
@marxist 8/10 background colors work well with the table and font color , i like alot of the ratings you gave. i think the background would look better being fixed in place rather than repeated but thats just me, you like it that way its all good.
Oct 27, 2009 1:10 AM

Nov 2007
ShadowbladeEdge said:
I see your game Asako, you make your list difficult to navigate and hard to so judgment can't be passed. However I'm a hikkikomori, so I have nothing better to do...I forgot I'm lazy. At an intense glance your scores seem to be all over the fucking place, which leads me to believe you either have multiple personalities or you're an alcoholic. But my minor quibbles are negated by the fact that you're the Mod who gets shit done.

I'm curious to hear your explanation on that conclusion. How are they all over the place? Because I rate some stuff of similar genres completely differently, or... what? Given I score based on various key factors (see my blog for details) even shows that may be fundamentally "the same" may score quite differently depending on the quality of key elements (art, scoring, casting etc, even if the story is quite similar).

If you could pick some particular examples that strike you as being out of place, it would help me understand your position some more. Oh, and NGC 6543 is awesome, thanks for asking. <3

terryaki: Very low compat, but not many shared series so it's not a fair rating, I think. A few favourite series I quite dislike though. List design is quite nice, but the font is a bit hard on the eyes in that red; might work better bolded, perhaps.
AsakoOct 27, 2009 1:14 AM
Oct 27, 2009 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
@ShadowBladeEdge

I have no idea how anyone can watch as many shows as you are, airing or not, but I guess that's just an issue of personal preference. Of the shows you have on hold, the only one I've actually finished is Welcome to the NHK and I think you should give it another shot as I thought it was actually a good show and has interesting ideas.

Since you apparently liked Clannad, I definitely think you should Check out After Story and I think Le Portrait de Petit Cossette is an anime worth seeing, even though I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

As for your completed Anime, you make pretty good use of the grading scale. Though, I think you should use the lower half a bit more just to diversify what anime you thought was good and what you thought was bad. I also think you should maybe broaden your horizons and check out more anime from before the 90's.Other than that, I think you have a pretty good list going.

I also wonder how you can give NGE 5 rating, when you gave the first Rebuild movie an 8. I personally thought it was an inferior retelling of the first few episodes of the series. Though, I can understand how some people can dislike Eva, the different scores confound me.

Anyway, I give you an 8/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2009 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
nii-nii, short list, plain design, better than a gaudy one, and scoring things before they're done. You could use a broadening of your horizons. Only thing that rally gets my goat is giving Lucky Star a one having dropped it after you only watched two episodes.

5/10, boring, boring.

NGL, I don't get what the big deal with scoring things before they're done is. It's not like that score is set in stone, they're basically just like guesstimations for how I think I will end up scoring the show once it's actually over.

And also, correct me if I'm wrong, giving something a "one" means to deem it unwatchable. I found Lucky Star to be unwatchable and dropped it because of that. If it magically gets more interesting, then, by all means, tell me and I'll give it another chance. But if it's just episode upon episode of discussing the proper way to eat a chocolate cornet, then I'm just not feeling it.
Oct 27, 2009 11:20 AM

Apr 2009
nii-nii, your plain white list makes it hard to see what scores you gave to which anime if it isn't so small. You should also use the tags or delete the column for tags as it looks really useless..

I think I agree with your scores, big plus for dropping Lucky Star :P 8/10.

insan3soldiern, your red hurts my eyes and the background hurts too xD You sure plan to watch a lot
Oct 27, 2009 11:33 AM

May 2007
Your list looks good on the eyes and you are watching a lot of shows right now.

Something that strikes me as odd, you gave GUN-dou Musashi a 10 but dropped it why.

There are things I agree and disagree about your list(how can you stand Code Geass!!!) but TTGL gets a 10 so you are okay with me.
My anime list
Oct 27, 2009 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
@exospectral
I'm trying to watch all GundamsGandamus by release order. :3

Anime compatibility with mitamaking is:
Medium-High
63.1%

Fun that your fav anime was the first "adult" anime I watched. I was about 11-12 and locomotion was the one at fault. Your tiled background confuses my poor half-neurone. And while your ratings are broad in range, you have a lot of 8/9s in there. It's fun. Even funnier is that some shows I consider below average are on that range of high scores (while most of the stuff I have not watched has the lower ones) Also go rate your Sailor Moon R! You seem to watch a bit from everything, I see many old school shows. Great! Now, please explain me how to enjoy Captain Harlock to an 8 plz.
Oct 27, 2009 1:32 PM

Jul 2008
@ladyxzeus
Looking at your list, I can't help but admire you.
You watch a lot of different seriesc from different genres. And I love your determination for finishing a series no matter how bad it is. :D
And you do seem strict with your ratings. :>

9/10
Oct 27, 2009 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
@ladyxzeus

We have a compatibility of 63.0% (medium-high).

Only probably I had with your list itself (design-wise), is that when you pressed Show All, there was no labels on the sections.

You have a pretty diverse selection. I suggest watching Darker than Black since you enjoy animes that are similar. And check out the Rurouni Kenshin movies. Tsukihoen (sp?) is really good, though the animation is quite different.
Oct 27, 2009 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
mitamaking said:

Something that strikes me as odd, you gave GUN-dou Musashi a 10 but dropped it why.

fail^2 = win

^^@mari-chan

Your list looks good, even with Lelouch smiling at me from the shadows :P actually, it's clear which anime gets which rating because of that background. You're watching a lot, but that's fine, showing only the watching list first was the right thing to do. Lots of 8-10 ratings so you probably watched what you liked!

8.5/10
Oct 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
@jaapsneep - almost 70% compatibility

another one piece fan -- high five !
Oct 27, 2009 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
@mrbushido - high five! Why are you watching nothing at all :P
js930Oct 27, 2009 1:48 PM
Oct 27, 2009 1:48 PM

May 2007
@xxawesomeluckxx
Pretty much the complete opposite of too many shows watching, only 3, not that much.

You don't give out many 10s either, by my figuring you are just getting into anime, your 6 is the lowest I have ever seen Bebop, wonder what was wrong. We seem to agree on very few shows. The list looks good though, like the background

@ladyxzeus, I don't have any Sailor Moon rated because I watched it dubbed and really I need to re watch it, the memories I have of it are hazy, and that just gets less and less in each subsequent show. As for Harlock, Harlock and Miime are awesome, they drag the show up, Daiba is a bad character but it is a good show.

@Jaapsneep, I did your list already, but to make you mad, I hate Tony Tony Chopper
My anime list
Oct 27, 2009 1:48 PM

Mar 2009
i go through anime boredom :/

i havent been able to pass 2-3 episodes of a new series, b4 i get bored- i only been rewatching old one piece episodes and some gundam
Oct 27, 2009 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
But.. Impel Down! Watch it!!!!!

and @ mitamaking: You bastard! :P
js930Oct 27, 2009 1:53 PM
Oct 27, 2009 1:55 PM

Mar 2009
im waiting to marathon :D
Oct 27, 2009 2:56 PM

Jun 2007
mrbushido

Your ratings come across as random, based only on enjoyment. I see no logical order when looking at your ratings.

FMA and Gunslinger Girl 3/10? Mushishi and Paradise Kiss 4/10? I'm all for differing opinions, and I know lots of people just love throwing around low scores, but there's 3/10 anime and then there's the likes of FMA. Even a hater of the 'original anime' adaptation should take into consideration the art, animation and soundtrack.

As for your list itself, it's the basic list. There's nothing more to say, really.
Oct 27, 2009 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
@xxawesomelucyxx
My order is Watching, Completed (these are obvious) and the other two are Plan to Watch and On Hold. I only divide them for organization purposes: On Hold are series I finished downloading. In the end, they are series I will watch eventually, the On Hold ones sooner than the others. xD Also I'm not sure if I should watch the movies for Samurai X (what Rurouni Kenshin? SAMURAI X! xD) because I watched the series many years ago and never re-watched. I very rarely re-watch and this was not exactly the favourite thing of my childhood. Basically because the villains always died, and I liked them better.

Aionic
FACE! O_O
I like your scores. Everything I liked you liked as well, but even liked it better. :3 Your list seems as "dark" as its style, maybe you chould brighten it up with some shoujo or some Chi's Sweet Home, something plainly kawaiiblob (that you kind of have on your PtW, good). And go re-pick Higashi no Eden NAO. And Narutaru.
Oct 27, 2009 3:44 PM

Sep 2009
For ladyxzeus:

Quite a list of animes watched. Many scorings are rightfully place, some I don't like, but that's just my opinion. I don't understand how 5 cm per second > Girl who leapt through time. Lot's of high shounen type ratings, and surprisingly some low shoujo ones that females like. A surprisingly 5 rating for Green green, which personally I thought was just horrible. Overall good list, good mix of shounen and shoujo type and like the fact that you have Monster and other good story type animes.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Oct 27, 2009 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
Anime compatibility with cartier-ngo is:
High
78.0%

Omg yay! Kind of blank and the red hurts my eyes, but that's just me. Your list is getting great, a wide variety of important titles with solid ratings. And you don't drop as well, therefore you rule! :3 I strongly recommend you start watching what you are planning to, you got some awesome titles there.

As for my choices... 5cm per second had an emotional charge that I find very rare in anime and beautiful art. It was realy beautiful and it's truly what I searched for at that moment. Basically cried non stop during its course. Girl who leapt through time was very hard to watch without subtitles, so I may have lost great part of the philosophy that it was supposed to have. It was an interesting movie, but very average and not really especially original in terms of story. It was cute in the end. But the guy had an impossible to understand accent. T_T And Green Green had a 5 because I hated it but since it was recommended by a friend, it had interesting still and background art and the overall premise was nice... Could not give it lower.
Oct 27, 2009 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Anime compatibility with ladyxzeus is:
Medium
53.1%

Not surprised, I'm quite carefree with my scoring, most are based on emotions rather then rationality.

I like the design overall, maybe a bit to much pink but that's just me probably. Nice to see Sailor Moon, you don't see her often.

Impressive amount of watched anime also. Seeing quite a few I don't know as I suspected ^_^;

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 27, 2009 4:15 PM

Apr 2009
we have a lot of shows in common and your ratings were fair.
Oct 27, 2009 4:23 PM
Aug 2009
I haven't heard most of the stuff, so I don't know what to say. But you rate shows too strictly. I understand no 10s, but no 9s is too much.

Oct 27, 2009 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
@kevinsllama: Anime compability is unknown, perhaps because your list is quite short. Was wondering why you gave Death Note a relatively low 7, but it seems like you're more of a romance type.
Oct 27, 2009 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
Anime compatibility with kevinsllama is:
Somewhat High 71.9% Anime You Share (22)

Does Kevin have a llama?
Didn't expect your list to be that short, since you're faily active here. Wow, our scores pretty much match up.

Anime compatibility with EphemeralWind is:
Medium 57.3%

No. no comprende nada
Oct 27, 2009 4:39 PM

Sep 2009
We have a little bit in common. About 71% like mine

xjobforanotakuxOct 27, 2009 4:43 PM
Oct 27, 2009 4:41 PM
Aug 2009
Very little in common. Didn't like School Days. :( But that's understandable.

@EphemeralWind : Death Note was good at first, but the second "arc" killed it for me.
@datsunvic: No. Kevin does not have a llama. :( Do you?

Oct 27, 2009 5:06 PM

May 2009
You like Higurashi so you're cool ^^
Oct 27, 2009 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
@TR_Purin

Your list is simple and easy to read, probably easier to read than mine. You make use of the upper spectrum of the rating system and, I'm assuming, you rate using enjoyment. There's nothing wrong with that, but that probably explains the differences in our scores since I did enjoy most of the shows you rated higher than me.

I think you should maybe try to check out some older anime, as there are some great anime I've found from the 80's. As far as the shows you watch, your pretty diverse with genres and that's definitely a good thing.

Also, I enjoyed Higurashi alot myself.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2009 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
@ TR_Purin
Pretty good, low score for LS, likes Higurashi, you've actually seen The Cat Returns which is surprisingly rare, doesn't obsess over Haruhi. Barely any drops is good. Got some great things on PTW as well like NANA and Texhonlyze.

Damn timing fail.

@ insan3

Asuka is good. Haibane Renmei fan is great, liked Higurashi, likes GitS. Also got decent things on PTW like Cat Soup, Gunslinger Girl and Spice & Wolf. No drops either.
SeasonreaperOct 27, 2009 5:22 PM
Oct 27, 2009 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
Seasonreaper
Lol, Horo is drunk. The blue letters don't really match her and are quite blinding, though, you may want to shade them just a point down. x_x I agree with most of your scores, but it's all very sci-fi (kind of unnexpected due to the wolfgirlgodIhaven'twatchedityet fascination) Almost all of your shoujo is on-hold, so there is still the hope you'll find them interesting. Yay for no droppings. And your PtW is almost my Completed list. xD (go watch Aria. And Moyashimon. And Perfect Blue. And Detroit Metal City. And RahXephon. I could spend the whole night here)
Oct 27, 2009 5:26 PM

Sep 2009
Seasonreaper
Pretty good list and I liked your background. We have a 78.2% compatibility

Oct 27, 2009 5:31 PM

May 2009
High scores for:
Excel Saga
Elfen Lied
Higurashi
Black Lagoon
FMA
Noir
Code Geass
Azumanga Daioh

Low scores for:
Bleach

Only 2 drops

Awsome Black Lagoon backround

^^ you pass.
Oct 27, 2009 5:37 PM

Dec 2007
dun skip meeee ;__;

Anime compatibility with TR_Purin is:
Medium
60.9%
Oh dark, I like the blue of those letters. :3 Your scores are pretty hard. Except for that poor 3 lost in the middle of the 7-10 scores (for GT, what a criminal! O_O) It seems you like everything you watch but when you dislike it you're still kind to the anime.

Get back to Eureka 7. And you also have tons of interesting stuff on your PtW so get to them. You have some masterpieces there. And lol Gravitation is a 7 at the beggining of it. Oh well, maybe you'll maintain it if Shouichi does not annoy the crap out of you (yeah I'm a hater, bite me, Yuki goes much better with like... Everyone else...)
Oct 27, 2009 5:48 PM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus

Our anime compatibility is high at 79.1%. Your anime list designs nice but a little too pink for me, but I'm a guy so that's understandable

Oct 27, 2009 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
Anime compatibility with ladyxzeus is: Medium 60.2% Anime You Share (76)

Anime list is simple and easy to read so that's a good plus. You watching so much more anime make's it hard to pick up similarities. But you do need to finish LoGH :P
Oct 27, 2009 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
burntlettuce said:
But you do need to finish LoGH :P

Like a good wine, you can't drink it all at once. You must taste it.
Oct 27, 2009 6:33 PM

Jan 2009
ladyxzeus said:
burntlettuce said:
But you do need to finish LoGH :P

Like a good wine, you can't drink it all at once. You must taste it.

Yes but to leave that good wine on the shelf and not indulge yourself with it is a crime to the wine itself. xD
Oct 27, 2009 6:35 PM

May 2009
Anime compatibility with burntlettuce is:
Very High
81.2%

Cool dark backround.

Yes FINALY someone else who gave LS a 5!
Oct 27, 2009 6:47 PM

May 2008
Anime compatibility with TR_Purin is:
Somewhat High
69.5%

It's a bit hard comment your list since we have few shows in common, but you seem a person with a broad range of taste, I like that.

Your scores tend to be a bit high in my opinion, but that is just a matter of tastes

I have nothing to say about the background because it's just black, but it's better have a simple black background than some extravagant ones out there.
StriderMSOct 27, 2009 6:51 PM
Oct 27, 2009 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
I already explained why I don't care for this practice on page 4 or 5.

Just because I was genuinely curious, I looked back and read your reasoning which certainly makes sense. And I get where you're coming from. But honestly, I don't expect that my opinion (I like Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya, ffs. I'm pretty sure that renders my anime opinion completely invalid to most seasoned~ anime viewers) is going to sway someone else's opinion of a show. That's just how I see it. But again, your reasoning is sound and I see where you are coming from. ~

ShadowbladeEdge said:
I don't care if you watch more or not, or whither you do or don't like it for that matter. My gripe is that you've seen about 8% of the show, and I'd hardly call that enough to give an accurate assessment one way or the other. Spoiler, this ties into why I don't like it when people score stuff they haven't finished.

Dude. The show bored me to death. I couldn't stand to watch it anymore--- therefore, I gave it the rating the corresponds with "unwatchable." I have the distinct feeling that just about all of the episodes are the same. I know the whole "assuming makes an ass out of u and me~" thing can come into play here, but seriously. If every second of the two episodes I watched made me groan, I think it's safe to say the remaining episodes would have just done the same.

Lucky Star: it is srs bsns

edit:// i can't type
Oct 27, 2009 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
90% To nii-nii. We have the same likes form Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, and Code Geass. Espeically since Lelouch is #1 on his/her list. (I love Lulu)
Oct 27, 2009 8:03 PM

Oct 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Bro, you can do whatever tickles your fancy, I don't care, I'm just sayin' that you can speculate 'till the cows come home, but at the end of the day you haven't seen it all.

MisaMisa1995, you seem like an average teenage girl that's happened to watch a few anime.

3/10

I'm a female.

And if THAT'S what it all comes down to, then okay. I never claimed to watch the whole thing. I never said that my rating WASN'T completely based on speculation.

It makes me wonder if this is coming from someone who truly believes in reserving judgment until a show is completed or a plain old Lucky Star fanboy.

Also, @your comment towards MisaMisa, douchebaggery to someone who is obviously young and probably just getting into anime, therefore hasn't had a lot of time to expand her horizons, is pretty lame.
Oct 27, 2009 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
Welp, might as well do one of these and level up to 10 posts strong. :D

Our contestant - "Shadowbladeedge" - He's currently watching a shit load, has a shit load on hold, plans to watch an unhealthy amount of anime, and has already seen a retarded amount.

The theme is pretty plain but at least I can read it, the tags are removed which is always a + in my opinion if there nothing filled in. Other than rating lucky star and haruhi 10 which I oppose strongly, I generally agree with his other ratings on some of the anime I've seen.

7/10

edit: ahh dam ninja.

edit 2: wtf... is it really that big of deal people below this post. >_>

edit 3: why the fuck are you reading this? Anyway, look - my list still doesn't get commented on and we have a battle of raging retards commencing lol. Let's observe.
-__-Oct 27, 2009 8:41 PM
Pages (151) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Truth Or A Lie? v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Sep 9, 2023

2550 by Alriven »»
1 minute ago

» is the person above evil or good v2 ( 1 2 )

Kunii - May 2

55 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v22 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 3

1988 by Alriven »»
3 minutes ago

» Fact about yourself v.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jun 1, 2023

2851 by DanzFcc »»
5 minutes ago

» does the above thing make you horny ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

3miL - Jan 27, 2022

1774 by IpreferEcchi »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.