Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (151) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2009 11:19 PM

Mar 2009
Rhastaroth said:

Haruhi 2, I rated way lower than you. Endless eight killed me.
Also you rated Fate/Stay Night and Shakugan no Shana both at 1 o.O, while I rated both at 7. I really don't think they were that bad :O

Endless Eight was a drag, but the rest of the episodes were awesome.

FSN was boring and annoying as hell, while Shana pissed me off when
Nov 20, 2009 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
while Shana pissed me off when

I can agree with the Shana part. Yoshida was super annoying.
Nov 20, 2009 11:58 PM

Mar 2009
Rhastaroth said:
while Shana pissed me off when

I can agree with the Shana part. Yoshida was super annoying.

I forwarded the bits when that bitch would start talking.
Nov 21, 2009 5:35 PM

Feb 2009
nime compatibility with AlexisSolitaire is:
Very Low
27.8%

Incredebly low =/

Can't really give a faithful comment since our tastes are completely opposite poles... One of my few 10s, you rated a 3 and we have differences of 3, 4 and eevn 7 in our rankigs xD

However we still agreed on some stuff like Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbor Totoro, Ocean Waves and Castle in the Sky, definetely good movies ^^

You don't seem to enjoy most shounens, you like Gintama though, which is a very unique shounen with its parody touch, a good anime no doubt.

You seem to be enjoying Fairy Tail so far... I couldn't keep watching, I thought the last eps were so bad it ruined the 2 good ones.

I havn't seen any of your 10's, yet I antecipate watching Death Note.

Overall, we got veeery different tastes xD
Nov 21, 2009 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
Veethorn man we do not have much in common. The only anime I've seen of your favorites is Cowboy Bebop, which is awesome. It's not that I dont like any of your fav's, its just not my type.
AlexisSolitaire on the other hand, I have 72% with! I know this is breaking the rules but thats the highest ive seen so far so I had to mention it :P
Nov 21, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
@ rific

First of all, you have way to many 10's for my tastes. Fifty-eight 10's out of one-hundred two anime completed is ridiculous imo. Actually, your scores are just to high in general. As I have said many times, it dilutes my perception of what anime you really consider "special" when all you seem to do is rate 10's and 9's. Well, at least you got some pretty good stuff on your favorites.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 21, 2009 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
insan3soldiern: Wow, you've seen a lot of anime. But, you've never dropped ANY? There's never been an anime you watched a couple eps of and said "Eh, I don't think I'll watch the rest of this."? Wow.

I'm impressed by your massive amount of Aria, Dragon Ball, and GITS. And you really should start watching Brotherhood, it's a great show.
JuliabNov 21, 2009 6:34 PM

Nov 21, 2009 6:50 PM

Jul 2009
insan3soldiern said:
@ rific

First of all, you have way to many 10's for my tastes. Fifty-eight 10's out of one-hundred two anime completed is ridiculous imo. Actually, your scores are just to high in general. As I have said many times, it dilutes my perception of what anime you really consider "special" when all you seem to do is rate 10's and 9's. Well, at least you got some pretty good stuff on your favorites.

Hahahaha I agree. I was thinking that when I did the score but I'm just easily pleased I guess =D (ignore this comment, comment on Juliab's next!)
Nov 21, 2009 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
@Juliab:

Aachi wa Ssipak is in your top 5....okayyy from that alone I wouldn't think we'd have much in common but our anime compatibility is 71.2% so what do I know? Maybe I'll like it. Strange that you put Speed Grapher in your top 5 when you only halfway through it, I mean it was really good but at least finish the show first.Right off the bat I can see you hated Code Geass alot more than I did, considering I liked it, and you only watched two episodes of it so you really don't know all that much about it anyways. Same thing with Naruto, Samurai7 and Solty Rei, they all get wayyy better than the first 3 or 4 episodes but whatever it seems you like passing up on good anime.You think Code Geass is on par with Eiken and worse than Yugioh and Pokemon? But you think FMA Brotherhood is worse than the original (even though it was based on mostly "filler" material) so I think were back on the same page again. although it's weird to rate a show thats not even over yet, since it could get alot better or worse. You only gave 3 animes a 10 so you aren't one of those people that go rate crazy and think an anime deserves a 10 just because they liked it or it was so long that it just stuck on them.

@rific:

Well considering how high you rate shows I don't know if it's a good thing that I have a 59.5% anime compatibility with you. You rated an ongoing, half-finished anime as a 10 already.Enough said. It's the first time that I've seen xxxHOLiC Kei in someones top 5 list, I've been meaning to watch it for a while so i guess after finishing Banner of the stars 1 2 &3 and Shangri-La I'm going to start on that. Check out some manga every once in a while too. I really just got into manga a couple 1-2 months ago but the manga I've read are way better than many of the animes that I've watched.

Looking at your history and your ratings, is the reason that you've given so many of your animes 10s because you watched them all a while back and just remembered that you had liked them or something? Mai-Hime, Scrapped Princess and Pandora Hearts have 10s...yet Full Metal Alchemist has a lower score oh well.
silentknight0083Nov 21, 2009 8:22 PM
Nov 22, 2009 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
@Silentknight0083

Our anime compatibility is 61.9%, which is medium high. First off I can tell you're a bit of a mech/gundam fan. That already makes me give your list a big thumbs up. I also see you rated Geass as 10. Nice, very nice. I agree. Though I don't see why the second season is an 8. I also see you scored school days high. I would agree with you if it weren't for the last like 5 minutes of the last episode. It's not that it was "bad" per se, but it messed me up for a while and put me on an anime hiatus which I didn't appreciate so I dropped it down a bit. Odd reasoning right?

All I can say after that is HOLY CRAP YOU WATCH A **** LOAD! I'm only at 109, my list cries when it sees yours. Maybe I can suggest some of my favorites? Try ToraDora, and Zero no Tsukaima if you have time. (It seems like you wouldn't).
Nov 22, 2009 10:34 PM

Oct 2009
@freedomt1

our compatability is 58.3%, which is pretty high.
you seem to be a huge mecha/gundam fan, of which i really am not and have never really liked mecha at all. you liked toradora and zero no tsukaima a lot, which is a plus from me as theyre some of my favourite animes. but you also seem to really like rosario + vampire, which i hate (still ave no clue why i finished both seasons of that). overall id say we have very different tastes in anime, but a select few we both seem to like.
Nov 22, 2009 11:22 PM

Mar 2009
High
74.9%
We Share (13)
You like Toradora & Zero no tsukaima which are my favorites as well=)
I'm not really a horror anime fan at all though.
Seems we do have some similar interest in anime ^^
Nov 22, 2009 11:26 PM

Aug 2009
@litharia...
high compatibility.....good, we dun have obvious difference in our shared anime except Naruto. You give Blood+ 6, well you are still at ep 15. It becomes much much more better and interesting later.

It's nice to see many of my fav shows ranked high in your list. eg. Higurashi, FMP, Elfen Lied. I have nth special to argue about your scroes, as expected from our high compatibility. Aww, you watch FMP fumoffu before FMP. Well, it doesn't matter though.
Out of your few dropped anime, I can understand why u drop naruto at 135. The rest of the titles I duno about them. Just something. You have quite a few on-holds.

From your PTW list, I suggest you dun go for bleach, since you dun like the likes of Naruto. I think you should give a shot at Jigoku Shoujo.

Nice Higurashi bg. You seem to be a Rika-chama fan. Can u share your bg wallpaper with me? :P

@kknightsky ...low compatibility

Well, you are some of the few who like Samurai X tv show more than Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen . You dun seem to be "wowed" by anime such as FMA, CG that impress me a lot. DN is given only 7? well, it's taste after all. I dropped LoveCom. XD

It'd be nicer to have a larger bg that can fit screen. Your PTW list is gonna keep you busy for a while. :P
ForsakenArcherNov 22, 2009 11:34 PM
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 22, 2009 11:46 PM

Oct 2009
-Freedom_Gunboy- said:
@litharia...
high compatibility.....good, we dun have obvious difference in our shared anime except Naruto. You give Blood+ 6, well you are still at ep 15. It becomes much much more better and interesting later.

It's nice to see many of my fav shows ranked high in your list. eg. Higurashi, FMP, Elfen Lied. I have nth special to argue about your scroes, as expected from our high compatibility. Aww, you watch FMP fumoffu before FMP. Well, it doesn't matter though.
Out of your few dropped anime, I can understand why u drop naruto at 135. The rest of the titles I duno about them. Just something. You have quite a few on-holds.

From your PTW list, I suggest you dun go for bleach, since you dun like the likes of Naruto. I think you should give a shot at Jigoku Shoujo.

Nice Higurashi bg. You seem to be a Rika-chama fan. Can u share your bg wallpaper with me? :P

@kknightsky ...low compatibility

Well, you are some of the few who like Samurai X tv show more than Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen . You dun seem to be "wowed" by anime such as FMA, CG that impress me a lot. DN is given only 7? well, it's taste after all. I dropped LoveCom. XD

It'd be nicer to have a larger bg that can fit screen. Your PTW list is gonna keep you busy for a while. :P

did you mean this?
Nov 23, 2009 4:16 AM

Feb 2009
litharia - High 74.8%

Main Comparisons - Both adore all Higurashi's. Especially Rena ;P, Most of our Anime comparisons share a score of 0, 1 or the odd 2.

Main Contrasts - Umineko, Shana and Clannad. I like Umineko .. because I just do. Shana I'm half-way through and you haven't seen Clannad ~After Story~ yet, which is the best thing I've ever seen.

Your Profile is good, although you could write a little more about yourself, your favourite Anime and/or something else. Your Anime List's background is OK but the list is too transparent to the background. Try changing the colour of your text and list to a darker colour - possibly like my friends here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TJK
Nov 23, 2009 4:35 AM
Dec 2008
Winley - A few animes that we both have watched. The way the both of us rate animes seem to be similar.
Nov 23, 2009 9:16 AM
Oct 2009
what anime should i watch next
Nov 23, 2009 9:19 AM

Aug 2009
josofo said:
what anime should i watch next

u r new to this arent u u should watch code geauss... danmit i spelled taht wrong...fuck
Sig deleted for being too large.
Nov 23, 2009 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
chidoriblitz

A Narutard. Plus, you've rated your anime too high. Too many 9s and 10s. Nothing below 7. How would you categorise the true masterpieces? I am a strict judge but your ratings are off the chart. You've rated Code Geass R2 higher than R1. You rate anime before finishing them. That's not wise. Endings matter a lot y'know.

So I'm not the only one who finds that Spice and Wolf I was better than II. You seem to be a Gundam and Digimon fan...you prefer older anime. Well you still need to watch some of the popular and good titles. You still haven't explored a lot in the anime world. I'd suggest adding Clannad, Deathnote and Samurai Champloo to your list.

You seem new and haven't given style to your anime list or uploaded an avvy so I can't really rate you on the decorations. Experiment around with styles and stuff.

And please, do something about the huge population of 9s and 10s.
Nov 23, 2009 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
9/10

i really like your list and your right on the mark about watching popular titles but i give ratings based on my OWN OPINION. also how did u get your list like that

buddy edit: Sorry about the grammer, this kid can't spell. Thanks for mentioning clannad, I'm going to force him to watch it now. :D

now that he's had his comment i wanted to say thanks for spotting my death note blunder i actually had watched it i just assumed i had already added it

i have watched some of Samerai.. i know i spelled that wrong... champloo and i didnt really hate it but neither did i like it

as for my avatar every time i try to upload one it says its too big i cant find one that size that i like

last thing i haven't finished R2 so that just might change my mind and naruto shippuden is way better than the original so i ask u nicely not to judge
PKZero531Nov 23, 2009 10:12 AM
Sig deleted for being too large.
Nov 23, 2009 10:40 AM

Sep 2008
For someone that doesn't rate below 7, we have a rather high compatibility rating oddly enough. You have stuff on your list I wouldn't even think about watching though, so meh~ 6.9/10
Nov 23, 2009 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
@blaze-senpai

we have a medium compatability of 59.1%
we seem to have watched a lot of the same genre animes, but our ratings always seem to differ by 2-3 points
Nov 23, 2009 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
unknown, our tastes greatly differ, but we share some anime and some similiaer ratings like Ghost in thr Shell and Elfen Lied. You don't like Naruto that much, I did and I cannot understand the Fairy Tail 8, it was one of my first dropped cos I couldn't stand it anymore.

Overall can't comment much since our taste greatly differ.
Nov 23, 2009 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
Veethorn

I think Naruto is rated a little too high ( So you skipped the fillers you shrewd thing!) but Shippuuden is perfect. You are fond of movies and you've given most of them a 9 or a 10.

We share little ainme, but our scores mostly agree with each other.
You and I, we both view Bleach similarly. Overrated, not a masterpiece, but still awesome. Both of us like Totoro too. You might wanna check out Paprika and Spirited Away since I didn't find them on your list.

Funny, you've dropped Fairy Tale. Since I haven't watched it yet, I'm in no position to judge, but I believe it has many fans and is immensely popular.

Your list background is not bad. Your table has a nice colour combination but it'd look a lot better if you made it transparent. That way, your background's full effect will be revealed.

Anime I'd recommend: Blood+, Clannad, Deathnote/Codegeass (I'm surprised you havent seen those yet) and Samurai Champloo. You should explore a wider variety of genre in anime. Don't just stick to shounen! Or you'll miss some great titles.
k0k0Nov 23, 2009 11:59 AM
Nov 23, 2009 12:22 PM

Nov 2009
K0K0

i can't believe u dropped GTO it's one of best anime i've ever watched and i can't say anything about soul eater cuz i almost dropped it

we disagree on a lot anime like Lovely Complex and Yamato Nadeshiko

as for the background i really liked it
Nov 23, 2009 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
Koko,

We only share 10 anime but all of the scores are pretty much dead on. Nice to see Claymore on your plan to watch list.

My only beef is that your background makes it hard as HELL to read your list. I almost got a headache just trying to read it before I hightlighted the words!!
Nov 23, 2009 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
Cloud767 said:
i can't believe u dropped GTO it's one of best anime i've ever watched

It seemed pretty funny but I just couldn't get into it. It's not my genre.
And damn, you've got a BIG list.
Anyways the next person will comment on it since i'm having a super inferiority complex looking at yours. =O

@YouAreOuttaMy5
Really? =/ But it took me an hour to find a suitable colour and finally I did. Plus it's a very light one so you shouldn't be having any difficulties..oh well, atleast it matches.
Nov 23, 2009 1:25 PM

Feb 2009
k0k0 said:
Veethorn

Funny, you've dropped Fairy Tale. Since I haven't watched it yet, I'm in no position to judge, but I believe it has many fans and is immensely popular.

What killed Fairy Tail for me was its sup-par animation and the very childish humour, which is a shame, since it looks like it has great characters.
Nov 23, 2009 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
Veethorn said:
unknown, our tastes greatly differ, but we share some anime and some similiaer ratings like Ghost in thr Shell and Elfen Lied. You don't like Naruto that much, I did and I cannot understand the Fairy Tail 8, it was one of my first dropped cos I couldn't stand it anymore.

Overall can't comment much since our taste greatly differ.

i tend to rate ongoing/new series with very few eps on whether it looks like it will be good or not when it gets further along, once i get to about 15 or so eps i tend to change the ratings to something more realistic
Nov 23, 2009 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
litharia

Well, from the start it's obvious you're a Higurashi fan. There isn't anything wrong with that as it is a really good series, especially Kai. I, however, cannot agree with your Shakugan no Shana score. I just couldn't imagine giving it a 10. Toradora, however, I can sort of understand. Interestingly, those three series I've mentioned are some of the first anime I watched after getting back into the media.

I'm not a fan of rating unfinished series. But, judging by your previous post, you seem to have your reasons. It's kind of odd that you watched Fumoffu before the original FMP! You haven't given many 10's so that's a good thing and you don't seem to have a problem rating below 7. Also, whether you like Clannad or not after finishing it, do yourself a favor and watch ~After Story~. In many ways it's a completely different beast.

Not much else to say.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 23, 2009 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
you bring up a good point :3 just why did i watch fumaffu before completing the first series? D: a well ill finish it tonight i think :x
Nov 23, 2009 5:19 PM

Aug 2009
Litharia

List of Completed Anime is a little bit girly, which isn't bad at all. :D I will asume that you don't like main stream Anime since you haven't watched any, yet. Also, being a Higurashi fan, it's +1 for you. Haven't watch any of my favorites, but meh.
Nov 23, 2009 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
Moonfrost

Anime compatibility with Moonfrost is: Medium-High 61.2%. Always nice to see someone over 50%.

You share Clannad ~After Story~ as a top 5 anime, so much love there already. Much like everyone else, our only major differences are with Death Note and Code Geass. Those aside however, we have near identical scores and very similar tastes.You should definitely get about watching some more Shinkai Makoto movies because his other two full length motion pictures are even better than 5cm Per Second IMO.
Nov 23, 2009 8:08 PM
Jul 2008
Xana-The-Divine

Hmm 72.1%. Any anime compability higher 70% satisfies me, xD. Only 68 animes in commum (well I guess its still a lot). Well yeah, other than the popular ''Note'' and ''Geass'', the ratings are somehow similar. For the favourites, I did like After Story, but its ranked 7th in my list imo, therefore not in top 5. I prefer the first season of Higurashi for some reason, but Kai was still awesome. Nothing else to say.
Nov 24, 2009 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
ShinyD

A little too many 9s on your list perhaps. I liked Itazura but 9 seems a little too much. I mean, you gave Afterstory, Code Geass and Deathnote the same score too, while they are in a completely different league. A big Special A fan I see. It's a fun to watch series but not one of those which leaves an impression IMO. Well, whatever appeals to you. =)

You dropped Shippuuden? It's a pain I know, but if you were able to bear season one and 100 episodes of the second season, I recommend you continue. The storyline is getting better...unless you read the manga, in which case ignore this comment.

I'm already loving your favourites. Spice and Wolf is a given. Seems you haven't watched the second season yet. I found it a little less enthralling than the first but the ending was good. Hurry up and watch i!
I'm glad you like Ghost Hunt. It's a hidden gem. Most of our shared anime scores agree with each other. You didn't rate Suzumiya too high either. That's good. You've got a pretty big collection and have judged most of them quite generously.

Since your list is not styled yet I can't rate you on that.

Seems you've yet to watch some pretty good titles. You should watch Samurai Champloo! Dig out Blood+, My neighbour Totoro and Kuroshitsuji first from your plan to watch.
(PS. I just realised that I saw not a single 10 on your list. I think I must've missed but i'm having doubts...xD)
k0k0Nov 24, 2009 2:47 AM
Nov 24, 2009 8:16 AM

Jan 2009
k0k0~

Let's see....where to start...Well, we have 60.9% Shared Anime, so that's pretty good.

You're not a Bleach nor a Naruto hater, that's great too :D They do have alot of fillers each, but ignore them and you have two awesome Anime.(well, IMO)

Most ratings only differ by 1-2 or nothing, except Soul Eater. Which I loved, and you seemed to think of as okay. (Yes I loved it enough to give it a 10. I know I'm weird, but it's my style ^_^ )

And finally someone who find the Digimon Movies good! I love those childhood memories <3

From your Plan to Watch, I, myself, loved Chrono Crusade, Fullmetal Alchemist, D.Gray-man, Letter Bee, Wolfs Rain and The Girl who Leapt Through Time, so you might want to go watch those.

Other than that, your list is extremely hard to read, the colors are almost the same Dx It hurts my eyes.
Nov 24, 2009 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
@TomatoCake.....medium high compatibility...

A shounen fan...and someone who loves FMA.^^You are one of a rare species. There are mismatches between your scores and your fav anime. Anyway, you seem to reserve you 10s especially for the chosen ones. I think you give NANA the anime 10 cuz you like the manga. you haven't dropped anything yet. A completist? I have nth to argue about ur scores particularly. You put higurahi on hold at 6. Well, it will get more interesting later. I think you should pick it up.

Your list background is not clear though ur list is easy to read.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 24, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2009
TomatoCake

Hmm quite interesting ratings there xD. Quite surpriced you only gave two 10n's (to Soul Eater and NANA)

I dislike the dark colours of the list (but hey - mine is the simplest)

And you stopped Rurouni Kenshin on the second episode ?!? O_O (even if it was scored quite high for your standarts)

You have completed more movies than TV type animes ?!? (I don't prefer movies xD)

Overall you have quite a strange taste in the animes you choose to watch (But this is my opinion xD)
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Nov 24, 2009 9:08 AM
Oct 2009
Most the anime you are watching are either ova or airing, and you over-rate a lot of anime, a huge number of 10s(more than 50% i think.), and your lowest score in the completed list is 7. You plan to watch a lot of anime and you gave some animes a 10 without even watching an episode, you have also watched a good number of ova, I also notice you like to watch any ova or movie that is connected to the anime you watched.
Nov 24, 2009 9:32 AM

May 2007
I have never been a fan of tags, they stretch the anime box larger than it should be and gives a feel of unbalance, also it is very plain.

While I like Princess Resurrection a 10 seems too much, but your 10 for Gurren Lagann is too low.
My anime list
Nov 24, 2009 10:54 AM

Feb 2009
Anime compatibility with digitaldude999 is:
Somewhat High
69.9%

Not bad, we share some anime, but from those we share you don't seem to enjoy my faves as much as I did, apart from Cowboy Bebop in which we agree.

We also agreed on Dragon Ball and overall while you ranked the Miyazaki movies a little lower than me we both seem to have liked them.

You ranked Elfen Lied (a good anime) a 10, that's something that never crossed my mind.

Also you seem to like yu-gi-oh and Fairy Tail as well, anime I think are pretty average.

Overall we share 25 anime, agree one most with differences of 1, 2. Not bad.
Nov 28, 2009 7:08 AM

May 2009
Veethorn:
Nice backround ^^ it brought back a lot of memories. Ratings seem good (Except that 9 for Naruto :P eww)

Before anybody says anything about my list:
When I rate something a 7, that does not mean I think it was bad! Heck some of my favorite series are 7s (I really like Noir and I have the complete boxset of Utawarerumono). And yes, I DO rate things before they are done but I can always change them! I don't see the big deal.
Nov 28, 2009 7:52 AM

Jul 2009
TR_Purin said:

When I rate something a 7, that does not mean I think it was bad! Heck some of my favorite series are 7s (I really like Noir and I have the complete boxset of Utawarerumono). And yes, I DO rate things before they are done but I can always change them! I don't see the big deal.

I do the same thing.

Anyway, our compatibility is Medium-High at 68.8.%; we share 17 anime. We're quite similar when it comes to rating things. I'm not a fan of your out of place boxes pattern on your list, but thats just a minor nitpick. Quite good at rating: only three 10s out of 65 completed anime, though you haven't rated anything below a 3 (guess you haven't come across utter crap anime yet). You don't drop things easily either: only 3, which is the complete opposite to me.
Genres are varied, you try out all different genres. However, you are sort of lacking in the "romance-comedy" genre. May I recommend Ouran High School Host Club?

Nov 28, 2009 8:56 AM

Sep 2008
Compatability unknown. =/
Looks like you're getting into Darker than Black. I just finished it and for the most part enjoyed it. Some of your favorite animes are my favorites as well (Death Note, Ouran High, Fruits Basket). I like FMA as well - I watched the first anime dubbed and enjoyed it thoroughly until the last 4 or so episodes (I just didn't like the ending... and the movie didn't help at all IMO). However I've since read the manga which is amazing, and Brotherhood seems to be doing well with adapting it.
I'm definitely not a fan of Evangelion, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, or Melancholy though (especially Melancholy... <shudders>).
I like the comments in your tags though for each series. I might think of doing that some time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2009 9:09 AM

May 2009
Yamine said:
However, you are sort of lacking in the "romance-comedy" genre. May I recommend Ouran High School Host Club?

I like Ouran I just keep forgeting to put it on my list xD

Cho:
Cute backround ^^ what anime is it from? I like the colours but I think the BG would look better if it stayed in place. You and I seem to share the same opinion when it comes to ratings and it's overall a good list ^^
Plan to Watch:
Valkyria Chronicles... play the game first! *shot*

Nov 28, 2009 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Yamine's list
Compatability: 72%

When I got look at your scoring my first impression was: "man, this person doesn't have much luck in finding anime that match her taste!"

I agree with the rating that you gave some, since they were indeed subpar and I had no idea why many people liked them. As for calling Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon childish, I don't know whether you only watched the English dub, but the Japanese version of both, especially for the former were far from childish and had potty humor and some nudity to them. I had to comment since I'm addicted to both XD

I noticed that you only gave three anime a 10. Princess Mononoke was excellent, though I liked other Miyazaki movies like Laputa, Porco Rosso, Totoro and especially Spirited Away over it. As for Death Note, the cat and mouse game was highly addicting and drove me to speed through one volume after another, but the Near/Mello arc and how they overplayed the note inheritence thing kind of brought the quality down.

Regarding your "Plan to watch" list, Baccano is one of my all time favorite anime and I hope you enjoy it as well. As for Great Teacher Onizuka, I highly recommend the manga; the first story arc might not be that great, but the subsequent volumes are highly entertaining. Nodame Cantabile is also excellent, and going by your taste, you might also want to give Mononoke, The Girl who leapt through time, Mushishi and ABe's shows like Lain, Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze a try :)

EDIT: ops, I didn't realize that other people already commented on your list while typing my analysis down >.>

TR_Purin's list
Compatability: 76%

I noticed that most of the anime that you rate range from 10-6. As for DBGT and Kodomo no Jikan, they were indeed pieces of garbage, so they deserve the lowest scores possible.

I've always regarded Miyazaki and his works highly, so the majority of them deserve the 10 that you gave them; as for Higurashi, it was highly entertaining and had a creepy atmosphere, though the moe stuff and some plot contrivances kind of brought it down for me. I haven't watched the sequels yet, so I can't comment on them.

As for your Plan to Watch list, I can't recommend Baccano, Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze enough, so I hope you like them as well. As for Akira, the manga is vastly superior, so you may want to read the manga first before watching the movie.

removed-userNov 28, 2009 9:41 AM
Nov 28, 2009 9:18 AM

Oct 2008
Raven_Shinobi

Anime compatibility with Raven_Shinobi is: Somewhat High 71.6%

The first thing that caught my eye was NGE as your top favorite. I approve. You weren't as pleased with Clannad as I was it seems. We do, however, have the exact same scores for both seasons of Code Geass, 7 and 6 respectively. Therefore, It doesn't matter what else you ranked poorly because that alone means you have some sense.

We had rather similar ratings throughout, so for once I can agree with the percentage the compatibility meter gave me.
Nov 28, 2009 9:26 AM

Sep 2008
TR_Purin said:

Cho:
Cute backround ^^ what anime is it from? I like the colours but I think the BG would look better if it stayed in place. You and I seem to share the same opinion when it comes to ratings and it's overall a good list ^^
Plan to Watch:
Valkyria Chronicles... play the game first! *shot*

The background is a wallpaper for Kino's Journey. And that girl is Kino in flashback, believe it or not (she looks nothing like that in present time, ha ha).
And I plan to play Valkyria Chronicles... I don't have a PS3 though. XP Might be able to play if my friend gets it.

For Raven-Shinobi's list:
Medium-high compatibility (67.6)
Looks like we're both fans of Azumanga Daioh, Death Note, Ghost Hunt, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Last Exile, Mushishi, and Ouran. You've seen like 250 animes though. XP
Looks like a lot of the shows you've seen deserve more fans, going by your tags. Out of those, I might be interested in trying out Ghost Hound, Scrapped Princess, and Seirei no Moriboto.

Edit: Ack, I'm slow and someone posted before me.
For Xana-The-Divine:
Unknown compatibility.
Of the ones we both have seen, it looks like you really liked Place Promised in Our Early Days. I liked the pensive tone of the movie, but I didn't follow it too well.
You're certainly watching a lot of series right now. o_o A lot of them are currently airin shows. I need to catch up on some to see if I still like them (Letter Bee, Yumeiro Pastierre, Kimi ni Todoke).
ChomechanNov 28, 2009 9:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2009 12:28 PM

Jun 2007
Cho:

You're a bit boring for me to cover, love. We have a 70% compat. rating, but you've only seen a little of what I have. There aren't many differences between you and I.

...Honestly, the only rating that stands out is your 10/10 for the ToS extras, which makes little sense considering they're very short and aren't very amusing. It ranks as one of the most weird 10's I've seen.

Your list is very nice, I must say. I'm not into children, so I can't fully appreciate seeing a young girl surrounded by rose petals, but the background and green/pink list colour scheme work well together.

Come back when you've seen more and we're talk anime.
Nov 28, 2009 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
@Cho:

With the exception of Ouran Host club I like your top 5 list, and I'm gonna take a look at Hana to Akuma. Only a 58.1% anime compatibility. Nice background on your animelist. It doesn't conflict or make it hard to read the titles like so many other backgrounds do. No big argument about your scores.You didn' t like Advent Children as much as most people do maybe you didn't beat the game first before watching it.Thought Gedo Senki deserved more than a 5.Ghost Hunt stretched out wayy too much and got episodic and boring in the middle.I thought Nausicaa was great and got sucked into the characters and the movie within the first few minutes, apparently it wasn't the same for you.I haven't watched the special but it seems weird you gave Tales of Symphonia a 7 but the 4 minute ova a 10. You have some good majorly well known titles but you've got a lot more to watch so good luck with that.

@Aionic:

With Gankutsuou, Code Geass, and Berserk in your Top 5 I'm liking you already, I'm going to have to check out Macross Zero though.I've been meaning to getting around to reading Onani Master Kurosawa since I keep hearing good things about it. 65.9 % compatibility so thought we'd have a lot in common, but right off the bat I say higher scores for .Hack//Sign and low score for Akira.Plus I didn't think Bleach: Memories in the Rain was worth a 7 let alone a 9. I guess the reason you gave the Claymore anime such a high rating was because you didn't read the manga first, but I guess that's okay, and that's the same reason I couldn't give the anime such a high rating because the manga is so much better (in the case of claymore it has an actual story not like the anime).Didn't seem to be a big fan of Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away, but since you seem to be more into animes with action that seems about right.
silentknight0083Nov 28, 2009 1:12 PM
Pages (151) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rate how good you can do the thing above

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

25 by MitsukiHimeka »»
24 seconds ago

» Say something lovely about the user above ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

L0Ll - Nov 30, 2020

488 by IpreferEcchi »»
1 minute ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7921 by Luchipher-Zen »»
3 minutes ago

» Say Something You Have In Common With The Person Above v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jun 25, 2021

7034 by Deyuko »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do you wanna watch the most in the Completed List of the user above you? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

julyan - Oct 27, 2014

6135 by Luchipher-Zen »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.