Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, somewhat of a calm episode except for Slaine. Damn, I feel sorry for him being tortured like that...

We see more of Slaine and Asseylum's past as well. Heh, they were close when they were kids. And a new mecha type shows up. Well, this is going to get heated up a bit.

Stark700Aug 23, 2014 8:39 AM
Aug 23, 2014 8:41 AM

Sep 2010
I give it 4/5 for the fanservice. It was nice to watch, like a doujin coming to life.
Aug 23, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
Wow the writer fucked up. They actually left him behind.
Aug 23, 2014 9:08 AM

Sep 2010
Darklight0303 said:

Huh? Did you think Inaho thought the pilot survived? He was aiming for him to drown. He'll get a fallout now Saazbaum has Slaine, who is the "key character" of A/Z.
Aug 23, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
Oh shit ._.
Slaine pretty much got fucked up I feel bad for him :C

Aug 23, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2008
And Cruhteo is dead. Their last chance to disarm this war
Aug 23, 2014 9:36 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:

IT has been very obvious that the writers fucked up way before this episode.

Shit happens because its convenient. The way they handled slaine plot here is no different.

Don't expect common sense from these characters until its time to finally advance the plot.
Aug 23, 2014 10:05 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Shit happens because its convenient. The way they handled slaine plot here is no different.

Don't expect common sense from these characters until its time to finally advance the plot.

Is 4 episodes to the season finale a good enough time?
Aug 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Fai said:

What common sense? Inaho considered him an enemy and shot him down, so he'll die. That's all there is. There isn't a big plan or scheme. Will this have negative consequences for them? Obviously. But that's why it happened.

Darklight0303 said:

Well it... seems the war is smokes and mirrors. The one who started this couldn't care less about it and stayed in Orbit, very comfortable in his castle while he railed all the other dumb knights to do things for him. Do you know what made him descend on Earth? The possibility of Slaine getting killed. That made him move his noble ass.

The war is just the focus of the first half, it's going to be a shift in the second. He's using this war for something else. Something related to Doctor Troyard, it seems. The only reason why the protagonist group might be spared is because of Slaine's charm, I'm calling this.
Aug 23, 2014 10:19 AM
Jun 2013
new gundam so OP.
Aug 23, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
Thess said:
Fai said:

What common sense? Inaho considered him an enemy and shot him down, so he'll die. That's all there is. There isn't a big plan or scheme. Will this have negative consequences for them? Obviously. But that's why it happened.

Darklight0303 said:

Well it... seems the war is smokes and mirrors. The one who started this couldn't care less about it and stayed in Orbit, very comfortable in his castle while he railed all the other dumb knights to do things for him. Do you know what made him descend on Earth? The possibility of Slaine getting killed. That made him move his noble ass.

The war is just the focus of the first half, it's going to be a shift in the second. He's using this war for something else. Something related to Doctor Troyard, it seems. The only reason why the protagonist group might be spared is because of Slaine's charm, I'm calling this.

I don't think so. Sazbaum likely realized Cruhteo was starting to piece things together from the scraps Slaine let out while he was still watching so he decided to come in and nip things in the bud.
Aug 23, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
They showed how Hime revealed herself to the crew.

Slaine got tortured real hard. Poor Guy

Crutheo killed by Saazbaum. I always consider Crutheo loyal to Hime. Too bad Saazbaum anticipated that he will know the truth from Slaine.
MizeteoAug 23, 2014 10:49 AM
Aug 23, 2014 10:31 AM
Jul 2011
Cheap fanservice episode.
Aug 23, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
Classic Gen Urobuchi.
Makes you feel sorry for the character, show some development, then to have them killed off.
Slaine is such a boss. His admiration for the princess allowed him to endure such toture. I would have cried after 2 whips.
Inaho is as bland as ever.......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Fai said:

Is 4 episodes to the season finale a good enough time?

2 cours.
Aug 23, 2014 10:46 AM
Jul 2014
Poor Slaine, please stop of suffering.
Aug 23, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
Sh*t! I hate this type of twist at end! Just when the light make it way, Urobutcher erase it immediately! Slaine!!!!!!!!! TT^TT

Aug 23, 2014 10:48 AM
Jan 2014
I'm glad they showed the scene where Magbaredge's crew found Deucalion.
Calm wasn't so calm when he approached Asseylum, in that attitude.

Wasn't happy to see Slaine tortured like that, only if he knew that Cruhteo was loyal to Asseylum. But then again that proved his superior loyalty even further.
When things finally ease down a bit, Saazbaum had to breach Cruhteo's Landing Castle and annihilate everyone. I really wanted to see Cruhteo's Tharsis in action.
ResidentAug 23, 2014 11:04 AM
Aug 23, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
Slaine! OMG if only Inaho didn't leave him, he wouldn't have suffered. Slaine and Seylum when they were kids... FINALLY THEY REVEAL THAT COUNT CRUHTEO IS ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY. I hope he didn't die.

5/5 Amazing Episode

Just feeling bad for Slaine.
Aug 23, 2014 10:49 AM

May 2013
Poor Slaine being tortured like that. I guess we know who thought of this assassination plot.
Aug 23, 2014 10:51 AM
Jul 2014
Smartninja said:
Slaine! OMG if only Inaho didn't leave him, he wouldn't have suffered. Slaine and Seylum when they were kids... FINALLY THEY REVEAL THAT COUNT CRUHTEO IS ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY. I hope he didn't die.

5/5 Amazing Episode

Uhhh, in a moment Inaho will have to suffer I hope that will happen in this cour D:

Jul 2014
Really hope it isn't going to be Seylum x Inaho. Did Count Cruteo die? The whole war is just a huge misunderstanding. The moment it gets close to Martians finding out the Princess is alive, something stalls it. Is this the whole show?
Mar 2012
AoiMizu said:
Sh*t! I hate this type of twist at end! Just when the light make it way, Urobutcher erase it immediately! Slaine!!!!!!!!! TT^TT

Every single episode ended with an overly dramatic event that either gets canceled or barely gets touched in the following episode(s).

You can expect Cruhteo to get a short recap of his death(most likely nothing more than a dramatic pan of his castle, a close up shot and white flashes) before they move on to new Big Bad!Saazbaum's Declaration of Evilness as he explains to Slaine why he needs him in his master plan.

Then it'll go back to slice of life Inhao x Princess with potential mecha of the week showing up in the second half.
Aug 23, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Bluebirds22 said:
Smartninja said:

5/5 Amazing Episode

Uhhh, in a moment Inaho will have to suffer I hope that will happen in this cour D:

I wonder how Inaho would react if he got tortured the same way Slaine did...
Aug 23, 2014 10:54 AM
Mar 2014
That's one character tortured this season, now we wait for Tokyo Ghoul.
Aug 23, 2014 10:55 AM
Mar 2014
Poor Slaine. Why did the Terrans not fish him up?
Poor Crutheo. He was suspected by Slaine the whole time of being a traitor, but he was not. Saazbaum was the traitor.
Bastard of a Saazbaum.

I start to see how the Aldnoah.Zero-staff works - rehash some earlier events at some points with added clarification. Yes, stuff gets rehashed - but the stuff earlier left out turns out to be very important. Smart.
Getting more and more respect for the Aldnoah-Zero-staff, they're making a grand series and it's turning out well. Sure, some asspulls at times, but any 'hero story' uses them.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Sep 2013
Welp... Surprisingly not a lot happened this episode but we got more character interactions which I am happy about... Anyway...

Music:
Not any real action moments so it stayed with the more calming music and it worked well with the scenes, never overshadowed any of them like previous episodes.

Animation:
Very well done this episode actually. For the most part anyway. Nothing to complain about, even the Kataphrakt at the end had surprisingly good CGI by this shows standards.

Characters:
Well the Princess doesn't fuck around does she? Came in, flipped a guy(Not sure if necessary but whatever), and took control. They had a really good talk with her too about the circumstances of trusting her and such...

We got more insight into what Slaine was thinking at the time of last episodes confrontation, he feels Inaho is just as bad as Cruhteo/Saazbaum for exploiting her, I suppose I can understand that. Though his torture scene went on way too long, felt like they were just trying to shoehorn the "LOOK HOW BAD TORTURE IS" stuff... I still don't like how his entire character can basically be summed up with, "I LOVE HIME-SAMA AND WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER"

A side character said that "Not all Martians are bad after all.". Now see, here is where it doesn't make sense for me. Why did Inaho instantly assume Slaine was dangerous if he KNEW not all Martians are bad? On top of that, even if he figured they were, capturing him after shooting him down would have made sense to gain information.

Also, the flashbacks surprisingly added absolutely nothing to any character... It was basically just a different version of the first scene in the first episode and a recap of the water kiss... Talking about Earth, talking about how nice it is, yada yada yada... Meh...

I thought Cruhteo's shift in personality at the end was way too sudden. He is the type that is so against Terrans that he doesn't even think they are capable of thought and are so inferior to him and yet when he hears a bit of information, he instantly figures out that the Princess is alive and Slaine is a hero for going to save her... Bit too fast but whatever, at least it's something. It felt like they were just trying to shoehorn a nice side to him in before of course...

Story:
Saazbaum kills Cruhteo... >_> I am not going to say it doesn't make sense... but THIS is something that feels forced just in the way it's delivered... They had the perfect opportunity to start a civil war subplot between 2 sides of the Vers Empire, showing different sides of the supposedly evil country which could open up the possibility for showing off both good and bad martians... Too bad we aren't going to get it now, because of course they have to kill off the only guy who could start such a thing. I don't mind if he is assassinated, but the timing was just ridiculous, like the show is afraid of showing nice Martians besides the Princess and her little helper loli.

Won't lie, if it wasn't for that last part where Cruhteo was killed, I might have actually liked this episode to a degree, but it just sort of promised me that there isn't going to be any real politics... I still liked the character interactions even if they were a bit cheesy... The one friend of Inaho acts like every schoolboy from a school comedy anime ever, "I will have my revenge on that martian" "It's this girl." "I instantly forgive you!" ...
KetenAug 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
helloisabelle said:
Really hope it isn't going to be Seylum x Inaho. Did Count Cruteo die? The whole war is just a huge misunderstanding. The moment it gets close to Martians finding out the Princess is alive, something stalls it. Is this the whole show?

I doubt Inaho would even care if Seylum liked him...

SLAINE x SEYLUM

Yeah, this show is pretty frustrating tbh... Still enjoyable tho :D
Aug 23, 2014 10:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Damn. Watching Slaine being tortured was quite unpleasant. Partially, I blame Inaho too. >.<

Liked how both Rayet and Inaho replied to Magbaregde's questioning them about hiding Asseylum's identity; so straightforward without any fear!

Calm couldn't keep his calm in front of Asseylum; not that anyone could after such nice conduct. (^^)

Inaho needs to learn to behave more friendlier, but his clear-cut attitude is pretty fun to watch though. Nice interactions with Asseylum at the ship dock.

I expected some of the Orbital Knights to be on the good side, but didn't think Cruhteo would be one of them. I hope he didn't die at the end.
Saazbaum, you SOAB! Give Slaine back. >.<

Great episode! I want to see that Red Kataphrakt on action already!

Aug 23, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
What the fuck was that what the fuck was that what the fuck was that

One week really is too long.

Ok now back to normal.

So Slaine is representing loyalty while Inaho survival. Good to know what they are fighting for. This episode focus so much on the kiss between princess and slaine that it bothers me a bit. I think it's not really romance but rather the relationship between a lady and a knight. So, uh, courtly love?

I hope the blonde guy is not dead. I like him.
Aug 23, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
Slaine...

.·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.
Aug 23, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, they actually left Slaine O_o?! I didn't expect that, and he's getting tortured to add :/
I really gained lots of respect for Slaine this ep.

Asseylem was so adorable when she saw the birds and dancing around <3 But seeing Slaine being tortured while she was dancing around happily was just cringe worthy >~<

So Cruhteo actually didn't know anything and when he was finally starting to go on his path of redemption he dies :O Just when he started respecting poor Slaine D:

Loved the scene when Slaine was saying he's the one who shot Trillram and repeated his words of being a traitor and how Cruhteo started realizing everything he's been doing was just wrong. Too late.

I wonder what Saazbam will do to Slaine now?

Aug 2013
Smartninja said:
helloisabelle said:

I doubt Inaho would even care if Seylum liked him...

SLAINE x SEYLUM

I really feel like this is a show that should have no pairing. Slaine x Seylum or Inaho x Seylum it's all courtly love, not Romance.

^ That reminded me of Valvrave, AGAIN. That relationship between L-Elf and Lieselotte. Courtly love as I imagined in the beginning, turned out to be way more than that.

One a side note, for the fujoshi and fudanshi out there, Koichiro and that doctor. That interaction, that interaction.... I could see a yaoi pairing coming

Jul 2007
Smartninja said:

5/5 Amazing Episode

If only Slaine as not a short-wired retard who decided that it was a BRILLIANT idea to threaten your enemies.

Whatever happened, happened because of his own idiocy.
Aug 23, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2011
helloisabelle said:

I thought it was going to be like that, but this episode did a good job to shot it down.

Asseylum's reason for "falling in love" with Earth was Slaine. He was also her inspiration to thrive for peace and co-existince. She called him as her "beloved Earthling." Inaho also confirmed he isn't fighting for her.

The triangle seems to be averted for now.

Aug 2013
Cruhteo finally finds out the truth and starts to move against the other counts. Too bad he was attacked first.

Awesome episode.
My Candies:
Apr 2014
Cool Episode, but I just have one complain.

Give Slain a freaking break will yah?
Its like he keeps dropping and dropping in an endless pitfall; give a man a break. Every Episode he gets emotionally beat down; and now he gets tortured physically. He's a badass I know but theres a limit to how badass people can take.
Aug 23, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2012
I hope Cruhteo is not dead. Then he gets into his kataphrakt and then saves Slaine.

So Cruhteo x Slaine FTW? :D
Aug 23, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
Slaine mvp

Aug 23, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
Slaine can't catch a break.

Wonder if Slaine will get brainwashed and sent to assassinate Hime?
Aug 23, 2014 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
I would liked to see something like a subplot of Cruhteo and his army against the conspiracy assholes. Now it's only earth vs mars for the rest of the show. It could have been great.
Nov 2013
As already said the character of Slaine's just ridiculous, is a punching bag of marciuanos.
He has an unhealthy obseção about the princess, as well as the Bizon had by Hina, a true STALKER, the closer it seems a whole pussy awkwardly.
Slaine not have the slightest grace should die so soon because oculpa screen time.
OS fanboys Slaine, PLEASE STOP TO FILL THE BAG WITH THIS RIDICULOUS THIS CHARACTER

Aug 2014
Slaine is like Itachi, being the hero in the darkness; protecting someone in the shadows, enduring turmoil for the one they love, and playing the traitor. I would be deeply devastated if he doesn't get with the princess for all he has done.And please somebody torture that little emotionless clown Inaho to death
Aug 23, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2007
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Slaine is like Itachi, being the hero in the darkness; protecting someone in the shadows, enduring turmoil for the one they love, and playing the traitor. I would be deeply devastated if he doesn't get with the princess for all he has done.And please somebody torture that little emotionless clown Inaho to death

Because obviously being nice and hurt means his love interest has to be obliged to respond.

NO, just no.
Aug 23, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
just when Slaine was aknowledged, there is a wtf event...
too bad... next time maybe
bruh
Aug 23, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
Slaine: INAHO!!!! IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!

More Slaine and Martians, less Inaho and princess

And was it really necessary for the princess to slam that guy in the beginning?

yeah,it was totally out of her character.
Aug 23, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was porn, a gay torture porn, and it was a good porn. (Not my thing usually, but in this case totally ok.)
I will be very unhappy if Cruhteo is really dead, they shouldn't kill such a character so soon.

Though I kinda hate the Earth cast after this. The contrast between the joking shoolchildren and Slaine's grave predicament was too much.
deadoptimistAug 23, 2014 11:23 AM
Aug 23, 2014 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
(thinking)i wont open my mouth about the princess.
then proceeds to say everything.

nice logic there
Aug 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far, its finaally starting to make sense
Aug 23, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Slaine :< I didn't even like him before that (except his seiyuu, I love Kensho Ono) but he's actually a badass.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.