Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2014 5:14 AM
May 2014
I'm so happy there are 16 more episodes, especially now that Kirito has found Death Gun.

I expect Sinon will either not fire, or somehow miss but I don't care. I'm loving it! ^_^
Aug 24, 2014 5:21 AM
Apr 2014
Kirito acting moe was hilarious xD

Damn that cliffhanger! I can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 24, 2014 5:22 AM
Jan 2012
Im actually kind of saddened that there isnt a Kirito vs Pale Rider acrobatic battle.
The push down scene was a bit akward though.
This episode is a good example of how they should do this seires
Aug 24, 2014 5:23 AM

Jul 2014
Just as I thought, Death Gun is sneaky like hell and it shows in his attacking style. Does he have the Cloak of Invisibility or what? Sniper gun with a silencer aptly named Silent Assassin? He does looks scarily strong though... gasps

Pale Rider is pretty cool, I thought he looked like somebody, just couldn't remember Silver Crow till I read the thread lol. That crazy speed and agility didn''t look far from Kirito's, got to wonder if he has a back story, another SAO survivor perhaps?
Aug 24, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
Kirito is FAT!

Nah looks like a breastplate worn upside down, maybe Kirito doesn't know what it is lol
Aug 24, 2014 5:32 AM
Apr 2014
P0K3Gaming said:
I was on the edge of my seat when Kirito said to shoot and you know what I see?

A BUNCH OF BLUE TRIANGLES

I slammed my head to the desktop when I saw the ending, don't get me wrong, I love it but DAAAAAAMNNNNN. no reason tho since I already know what happens but still, dat damn cliffhanger, lol.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 24, 2014 5:33 AM

Mar 2013
Cliffhanger isn't really a cliffhanger for me. Perhaps because I have spoiled myself lol.
Aug 24, 2014 6:09 AM
Dec 2011
It seems kirito finally came out of the closet ! Now go ! and tell Asuna and everyone and get a boyfriend !
Aug 24, 2014 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Such cliffhanger, loved this ep!
lol @ Kiritos fanboys xDD
Aug 24, 2014 6:46 AM

Oct 2013
Damn the drama is so forced..... (forced drama is amazuing 11/10, would laugh again)

From this anime we learn how to best get a girl - just be an annoying jerk dressing up as a girl and just try to piss off the girl as much as you can by sexually molesting her, 100% chance of getting the girl.

Kiriotototo is going to show off his one-handed sword skills which he had trained for years alone with his PC in the attic of his house while his little sugu-incest-whore-chan was watching him training his right hand, it went through tough intense sessions. (of training of course) that is why Kirititoaptaatotot is invincible, all because of years of practice. EVEN I try to be like him, he is my role model. Now that I think about it, from all that training it wouldn't surprise me if his dick fell off.
I am a human.
Aug 24, 2014 6:52 AM

Jan 2014
That scene of Kirito diving in the nude was so unnecessary. I mean, that was one hell of a weirdly deformed chest he had there. They seriously shouldn't go over board with that whole Traprito service.

That ninja dude's moves were awesome. And Death Gun's appearance well done. Damn, that cliffhanger.
Aug 24, 2014 7:01 AM

May 2013
Pale Rider was good. He probably deserved to win the BoB. Death Gun strikes another one. Again with the cliffhanger. I wonder if Pale Rider survives. If he doesn't, what a waste of a good player.
Aug 24, 2014 8:04 AM
May 2013
And here, ladies and gentleman, we have yet another case of a highly skillful player about to be taken down by a camper.

Hope Sinon can stop him, but I wouldn't be surprised if DG kills him :/
Aug 24, 2014 8:51 AM

Dec 2013
KyoKiv2 said:
Sinon got ASS-Fanservice XD

I swear the director has a seriously unhealthy obsession with camel toes and ass cracks. Seriously has there been a single episode of this show with none of either???

Kirito playing the trap was funny as heck, but I don't get how the rest of the GGO community doesn't already know that his Avatar isn't male though. Didn't someone offer to buy it off of him before knowing that it was for males? Given that he qualified for the BoB, and his unique fighting style, that would make him quite famous, no? Woudln't his secret already be out?

Sinon playing hard to get, yet whenever the Shouta comes asking for help, she gives it. Must be the pretty face and the bad boy demeanor.

Wondering how Death Gun managed to cloak his presence from the map. Kirito was underwater, but that dude just showed up out of nowhere, he wasn't even on the map. That said I think he'd already set up everything and was aiming for that Pale Rider guy from the get-go. You get the feeling that to kill someone off in real life, a lot of things need to be prepared beforehand. It wouldn't surprise me if he only kills off that Pale Rider guy before getting shot down in the match, just to further his legend of killing people in the real world.

That cliffhanger at the end was so unfair.... now we gotta wait for an entire week. Bleh.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2013
Oh shit.....
Aug 24, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
So I guess everything will be settled in the next episode, but yeah, Kirito fanservice blew me off, especially the pose for "her" fans. :D
Aug 24, 2014 10:12 AM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Kirito playing the trap was funny as heck, but I don't get how the rest of the GGO community doesn't already know that his Avatar isn't male though. Didn't someone offer to buy it off of him before knowing that it was for males? Given that he qualified for the BoB, and his unique fighting style, that would make him quite famous, no? Woudln't his secret already be out?

You know it has been just 2 days, right?

Aug 24, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2013
Plot holes and odd fan service everywhere, but still an interesting episode nonetheless. Funny how Sinon doesn't know who Death Gun is.
Aug 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
Shit's about to go down.

Aug 24, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito-chan kawai. =3=
Aug 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
Wouldn't shooting Pale Rider achieve the same, with a higher chance of success? If his character is dead, it would get moved, and Death Gun can not shoot him.

Given that he can not move the chance would be greater, and the distance is basically the same (maybe it's even half a meter closer, depending on where exactly everyone is).

They do not bet on Death Gun having some kind of spider sense and moving way earlier than other people, but on him getting hit, so that is no argument, either (though Death Gun probably *has* some kind of spider sense..he wouldn't simply get shot).
Aug 24, 2014 12:47 PM
Jan 2014
Well... that Kirito fanservice o.O BTW one of the new players participating in BBO nick was "Sterben". If I remember correcetly it means "to die" in german. Could it be Death Gun? Anyways it seems we're getting closer to the end of GGO which is kind of sad. The beginnging was very slow and now they're rushing things ;/
Aug 24, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
NwAurion said:
If his character is dead, it would get moved, and Death Gun can not shoot him.
If you pay attention you can see Dyne is still there on the floor next to Death Gun and Pale Rider even after he was "killed." Not only him but all the other players too; their in-game avatars remain where they die.

Edit:
BotatoAug 24, 2014 1:02 PM
Aug 24, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
finally they realized that they need to make the other players skilled, if the protagonists were the only ones who know how to play the damn game then the tournament d be boring as hell... its a pity it took this long
anyways im not expecting much from whats left of this battle royale im sure Kirito is still leagues above these supposed pros
Aug 24, 2014 1:18 PM
Apr 2014
Mushelox said:
Well... that Kirito fanservice o.O BTW one of the new players participating in BBO nick was "Sterben". If I remember correcetly it means "to die" in german. Could it be Death Gun? Anyways it seems we're getting closer to the end of GGO which is kind of sad. The beginnging was very slow and now they're rushing things ;/

How is it rushed? battle just started, lol.

Aug 24, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Well... Fuck...

I sure didn't expect Kirito becoming a whore.

Also... Special mention to the pipe music at the begining of the battle. It was really epic. I loved it.
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Aug 24, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Alright episode, til the ending. o-o When it really just.....pumped me up! :3
That was some cool shooting going on, and then how Dyne was owning? x3 Sweet!
...But....he later gets owned by the acrobatic looking guy.....Pale something. I forgot his name already. :P PFFT!

But anyways, it seems that...Death Gun was hiding the whole time (CREEPY!) and he shot the Pale dude with silence, zappy thingy. xD It knocked him to the floor, paralyzed, and....Death Gun doesn't use his epic looking gun...but he uses a normal, realistic looking hand gun? o-o
Oh boy....what's gonna happen next? D:
Aug 24, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
Lion Richie...... really..... Lion Richie.....????? Made me laugh more than it should have done.

Overall really enjoyed the episode, the battle begins!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Aug 24, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito fanservice !!! He can charm anyone

He was naked underwater : 0

I thought Pale Rider had a sword then I saw he used a gun too. The way he moved around on the bridge to get close to Dyne.

Death Gun OMG. Pale Rider NOOOO.
Aug 24, 2014 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
NwAurion said:
Wouldn't shooting Pale Rider achieve the same, with a higher chance of success? If his character is dead, it would get moved, and Death Gun can not shoot him.

If Kirito was thinking logically, then that probably would be the smarter decision, but given the situation Kirito was in, I think most people would have gone after the "killer" rather than the "victim".

From a story telling perspective, I think this is better because it shows that Kirito isn't perfect, he is panicking in this scene, but that is in keeping with his character. He is a "chop first" ask questions later type of person (which is why he ended up killing two Laughing Coffin members but at the same time was able to beat Kabaya), so for him to sit back and rationally analyze the situation would have been out of character and would have given the "Kirito is a Stu" people something to ACTUALLY complain about :-)
Aug 24, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2010
So why the heck were they fighting before if this is the REAL tournament?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
Namco Bandai Games advertising in the beginning of the episode :3

Epic final, super hyped to see the next episode (the same as every time xD)

BokutoPrecinct said:
Lion Richie...... really..... Lion Richie.....????? Made me laugh more than it should have done.

It remembered me of the lion called Richie from One Piece =P

NwAurion said:

Let's see. The dead characters stay on the floor after they "die" in-game then it wouldn't work, they can get killed anyways, then the most reliable option was to kill Death Gun. Even if the "corpses" from the characters disappeared the most reliable option would still be killing Death Gun before he could kill the other player because Kirito wants to keep everyone alive (I mean alive in "real life").
Not that difficult to realize if you think for a bit.
b1GZZAug 24, 2014 5:03 PM
Aug 24, 2014 5:05 PM
Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
KyoKiv2 said:

I swear the director has a seriously unhealthy obsession with camel toes and ass cracks. Seriously has there been a single episode of this show with none of either???

Sinon playing hard to get, yet whenever the Shouta comes asking for help, she gives it. Must be the pretty face and the bad boy demeanor.

Wondering how Death Gun managed to cloak his presence from the map. Kirito was underwater, but that dude just showed up out of nowhere, he wasn't even on the map. That said I think he'd already set up everything and was aiming for that Pale Rider guy from the get-go. You get the feeling that to kill someone off in real life, a lot of things need to be prepared beforehand. It wouldn't surprise me if he only kills off that Pale Rider guy before getting shot down in the match, just to further his legend of killing people in the real world.

That cliffhanger at the end was so unfair.... now we gotta wait for an entire week. Bleh.

I have the feeling that the reason Kirito keeps asking Sinon for help is so that we, the people watching the anime, can be aware of the rules. If the author made it so that Kirito knew all of the answers, we wouldn't know how the game is working, so by having Kirito ask Sinon about the rules, we also know the rules in turn. And if this isn't the case, she's giving in because she sees no reason not to. He keeps begging and bothering her really annoyingly, may as well just answer his questions.

silversaint said:
finally they realized that they need to make the other players skilled, if the protagonists were the only ones who know how to play the damn game then the tournament d be boring as hell... its a pity it took this long
anyways im not expecting much from whats left of this battle royale im sure Kirito is still leagues above these supposed pros

Eheh..And well doesn't Kirito have good reason to be leagues above the others? His training schedule back in SAO was rigid. It doesn't talk about it in the anime, but basically most of his two years of being stuck in SAO consisted of him training and raising his stats most of the day. It's pretty much all he did. For two years. Even the people who play GGO can't have played that long, because they have to take breaks and feed themselves. They haven't had as much time to train as Kirito who was a very avid player even among all of the SAO players. He was a training maniac. It's no wonder that he's strong.
^But honestly I guess what I just said is no excuse for the anime, but I guess that would waste episode time to clear up the fact that Kirito is strong.
Aug 24, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
Rip pale guy I have a feeling thats the gun that can kill people
a lot better than the last episode can't wait till next week!!
[/quote]
Aug 24, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2014
I liked the episode. I am glad we are getting into the meat of the GGO arc. I am tiring of Kirito's psyche. It was fine to humanize him some and show his struggles, but I feel that it has become the focus of every episode. At some point I want less complaining and sulking. He has to become mentally stronger at some point.
Aug 24, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
Kirito-chan xD and he went with it again.
Pale Rider was pretty cool to dodge all those!
Death Gun within scope :O Does that handgun really kill people?
Aug 24, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Well death gun might get another victim next episode if Shino cannot shot him in time.

Great episode!!!
Aug 24, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
BeatzMe said:
That scene of Kirito diving in the nude was so unnecessary. I mean, that was one hell of a weirdly deformed chest he had there. They seriously shouldn't go over board with that whole Traprito service.

That ninja dude's moves were awesome. And Death Gun's appearance well done. Damn, that cliffhanger.

Maybe in the bluray he gets fucking nipples
Aug 24, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
KyoKiv2 said:

At least he didn´t give a camel toe to Kiriko

translate:
And I let my hair down, I dressed up like a queen
I used high heels, make up and I was beautiful
And then I walked towards the door
I heard you shouting after me
But your chains can't stop me anymore

RolanddeschainAug 24, 2014 7:08 PM
Aug 24, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
Cheer for me okay?
Kirito-chan! Kirito-chan!... XXD

dat Pale Rider truly agile and awesome with his weapon! :O
too bad he was killed by deathgun :'(

Aug 24, 2014 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode! But nooooo, not a cliffhanger!! I was really into it and got tense too o__o
Aug 24, 2014 11:37 PM
Mar 2014
Shoot Sinon! Great episode, looking forward to the next.

The guy in the white suit had a very similar fighting style to Kirito - dodging shots, etc. Held the shotgun like a sword and used it close range as well. Possibly another convert?
Aug 24, 2014 11:45 PM
Aug 2014
maybe death gun is not the only laughing coffin member that entered GGO and maybe pale rider is another member of the guild because there names related to death somehow
Aug 25, 2014 3:12 AM
Jun 2007
I haven't been so tense right before a cliffhanger in a long time. God damnit, they did a good job timing the ending.
Aug 25, 2014 4:23 AM

Aug 2013
Kirito-chan honestly got a big laugh out of me :)

Question! The satellite scan only passes every 15 minutes right? Does that mean players can only check every 15 minutes or can they check as many times as they like but the map status won't be updated until the next scan? I mean they could have solved who the cloaked guy is right then and there.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Jan 2014
Loved the episode. I'm freaking out a bit right now, because I'm almost sure that Death Gun will either dodge Sinon's bullet, Sinon will just miss, Sinon won't shoot at all, or the one dude will die because of Death Gun.
I'm a little confused though... Kirito could have Sinon shoot either of the two guys. If she hits the stunned dude in time, then I don't think Death Gun can kill him, right?

Also, I'm trying to figure out who Death Gun is... I'm leaning towards someone in the episode with Silica maybe?
Aug 25, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2014
xchee said:

Question! The satellite scan only passes every 15 minutes right? Does that mean players can only check every 15 minutes or can they check as many times as they like but the map status won't be updated until the next scan?

only when the satellite passes through.

the action in this episode was quite awesome. and its a good thing cliffhangers don't affect me :3
Aug 25, 2014 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
he knowsssssssss that guy will die
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 25, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2011
AmuxIkutolover said:
Loved the episode. I'm freaking out a bit right now, because I'm almost sure that Death Gun will either dodge Sinon's bullet, Sinon will just miss, Sinon won't shoot at all, or the one dude will die because of Death Gun.
I'm a little confused though... Kirito could have Sinon shoot either of the two guys. If she hits the stunned dude in time, then I don't think Death Gun can kill him, right?

Also, I'm trying to figure out who Death Gun is... I'm leaning towards someone in the episode with Silica maybe?

Since he doesn't know how DG kills people, there is no way to be sure that it wouldn't just be a waste because he coyld be able to kill them when thei sprite is still on the ground. Also, the FIRST shot from a sniper doesn't have a prediction line. Shooting PR would take back this advantage from Kirito and Shinon, and if you suppose that DG is skilled (he should be, given is stuff) may cause problem. And for pretty much nothing siince you can't even be sure that what you did saved Pale Rider beforehand.
Aug 25, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2014
Very good episode. Poor Pale Rider, he was pretty skilled, i hope he doesn't die. Trapito swimming was unnecessary, but oh well. Great cliffhanger, can't wait for next week.

How funny would it be if Death Gun actually got sniped and died right there...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.