Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Sep 26, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2011
I still wonder why type moon gave Image epoch, a developer that is pure garbage, the task of doing a Fate Rpg.
Sep 26, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2009
Raziel1991 said:
I still wonder why they type moon gave a developer thats pure garbage like Image Epoch the task of making a Fate rpg.
Same reason the gave Tsukihime to jc staff and FSN to Deen.
Sep 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
FakePriest said:
I will start rereading UBW starting next week.

Anyone else doing that?

I started replaying whole VN with the current patch a week ago already.

You are late.
The new patch is awesome.
Sep 26, 2014 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
HereticPriest said:

Was Nero at least good?

Why yes, she is. Hail Caesar!

But seriously though, if Nasu wanted to create a charismatic tyrant like Alexander, he could have picked Trajan or probably Augustus. Nero's backstory and character is great in Extra though.
Sep 26, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
HereticPriest said:

Was Nero at least good?
Havent played with her yet.

THen you have not played Fate/Extra

Non-CCC Extra is worth solely for Saber Nero route.

CCC is worth for all routes on other hand.
Sep 26, 2014 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
FakePriest said:
Havent played with her yet.

The story doesnt change at all tho.

I will play with Nero but not anytime soon.
Sep 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2011
I beated Fate/Extra once with FemMC+Archer+Rin route. I started playing another game with MaleMC+Saber Nero but dropped it. In terms of gameplay its so terribly boring its puts you to sleep almost instantly. Its literally just a rock-paper-scissors game with a fourth option that always beats the other three. Hell even Final Fantasy I on the NES had gameplay with more depth.
Sep 26, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
Fai said:

The story doesnt change at all tho.

I will play with Nero but not anytime soon.

Each servant has different interactions and reactions. But only Nero's are worth it.

CCC on other hand each servant is more like a different route. They affect story differently, they react to others differently(
) and the outcome is different(if you go for the servant).
AhenshihaelSep 26, 2014 5:02 PM
Sep 26, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2009
Raziel1991 said:
I beated Fate/Extra once with FemMC+Archer+Rin route. I started playing another game with MaleMC+Saber Nero but dropped it. In terms of gameplay its so terribly boring its puts you to sleep almost instantly. Its literally just a rock-paper-scissors game with a fourth option that always beats the other three. Hell even Final Fantasy I on the NES had gameplay with more depth.
First playthrough was with MaleMC+Archer Rin route.I gave up when I reached the 6th week.
Second time that I actually finished it was with MaleMC+Caster<3 Rani route.

YAY for psp emulator and speedhack.

And the gameplay isnt the only problem.

Acher was as always but without an interesting mc/Master thats boring.

Caster was cute.Cute is good.
Basically Medea when she was 15 gone Yandere.
Sep 26, 2014 5:07 PM

Mar 2011
Whats sad is that I actually imported the Limited Edition of the game when it came out in the US.
Sep 26, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
Aka Seiba best Seiba clone? Caster is THE waifu?
Sep 26, 2014 6:55 PM
Sep 2012
EXTRA!Caster is terribru, hated the noisy broad.
Sep 26, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Whats sad is that I actually imported the Limited Edition of the game when it came out in the US.

Did it at least come with anything cool? I liked F/E, but it was an exceedingly shallow game, so there was no way I was paying full price for it.
Sep 26, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2011
OmegaNITRO said:
Raziel1991 said:

Did it at least come with anything cool? I liked F/E, but it was an exceedingly shallow game, so there was no way I was paying full price for it.

Not really. Just a small art book and the soundtrack.
Raziel1991Sep 26, 2014 11:45 PM
Sep 27, 2014 12:51 AM

Aug 2014
FakePriest said:

Anyone else doing that?

I'll probably reread Fate instead, given I'll be watching UBW anyway.
Sep 27, 2014 4:05 AM

Nov 2013
Insertanamehere said:
FakePriest said:

Anyone else doing that?

Better to reread the entire VN if you plan on participating in thread discussions to remember everything better.
Sep 27, 2014 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
BotatoPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Better to reread the entire VN if you plan on participating in thread discussions to remember everything better.
UBW has priority tho.And there is only one week.I at least dont have much free time to read both.Even with UBW I will just read a few scenes per week.
Sep 27, 2014 4:30 AM

Nov 2013
FakePriest said:
BotatoPriest said:
UBW has priority tho.And there is only one week.I at least dont have much free time to read both.Even with UBW I will just read a few scenes per week.
Well for one thing important details and foreshadowing that you might have forgot are in Fate route.
Also UBW anime will cover about half of UBW route (I guess) in 3 months. There's WAY more than enough time to read the VN twice o.o
Sep 27, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
FakePriest said:
Well for one thing important details and foreshadowing that you might have forgot are in Fate route.
Also UBW anime will cover about half of UBW route (I guess) in 3 months. There's WAY more than enough time to read the VN twice o.o

The Prologue:
Sep 27, 2014 4:53 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
BotatoPriest said:

The Prologue:
Hahaha yes exactly xD
Sep 27, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
BotatoPriest said:

Haha, no fucking way I'm doing that. I'd rather experience the anime version for what it is anyway, rather than comparing everything.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 27, 2014 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
BotatoPriest said:

Haha, no fucking way I'm doing that. I'd rather experience the anime version for what it is anyway, rather than comparing everything.

Knowing the VN its easier to explain shit that is going on because no way they would put all of monologues in. So knowing the context of scenes shown helps

IT also helps explaining battles, since vN is surely to go more in depth to what and why is going on.

AS well as knowing what the different choice would do (ex:
and so on and so on.). So knowing bad ends and motivations will help clear up all the "Why didn't he did that and that" kind of questions.

Feb 2014
Heaven's Feel is the only route I'm planning to re-read. Too busy with my other VNs and UBW will get an adaptation anyway.

insan3soldiern said:
BotatoPriest said:

Same here.

May 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXOeCeDwCg

That time of the week again.
Sep 27, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
insan3soldiern said:
BotatoPriest said:

You will make comparisons will be made whether you like it or not.

I want to know what the pace is like compared to the VN, how they make the transitions,how the VN described it and how the they adapted it, did they skip something crucial did they add additional info etc.

-----------------------------

Who else here is waiting for Static to post the CM?
ninja'd LMAO

I should have asked for money.
Sep 27, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
#Yuetsu
Sep 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
Nice "elder" voice.

Lol Gil is chillin and shit.

I guess we have to wait for the airing to hear the ED.
Sep 27, 2014 8:08 AM

May 2009
Can't wait to see those Kotomine & Gil anime original scenes.
Sep 27, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
I KNEW Gil will have the "ambiguous praying stranger" scene.
Sep 27, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Knowing the VN its easier to explain shit that is going on because no way they would put all of monologues in. So knowing the context of scenes shown helps

IT also helps explaining battles, since vN is surely to go more in depth to what and why is going on.

AS well as knowing what the different choice would do (ex:
and so on and so on.). So knowing bad ends and motivations will help clear up all the "Why didn't he did that and that" kind of questions.

I'm not planning on explaining anything, though aside from what I personally think of the episodes. I'll leave explaining how things work with the magic system, the battles, and so on to other people like you and ssjokg.

FakePriest said:
insan3soldiern said:

You will make comparisons will be made whether you like it or not.

I want to know what the pace is like compared to the VN, how they make the transitions,how the VN described it and how the they adapted it, did they skip something crucial did they add additional info etc.

Yeah, I probably will find myself making comparisons at some time or another. I just don't feel like sinking my time into the VN right now, unless I feel like I want to read it I think I would be forcing it and that is never fun. For now, I'd rather dedicate myself to things I haven't yet experienced I guess.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 27, 2014 8:22 AM
Sep 2012
Dat Gil, hypeddd
Sep 27, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2014
Kirei CM has appeared, time to rejoice. And Gil was in it? Well, I suppose the way he appears doesn't actually spoil anything.

Anyone notice how they cut off the song in the middle?
Sep 27, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
Kirei CM has appeared, time to rejoice. And Gil was in it? Well, I suppose the way he appears doesn't actually spoil anything.

What do you mean?
The song of Kirei's voice continued through entire video.

And yeah. GilCasual Random Praying Person was cool in how subtle it was.
Sep 27, 2014 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
Finally! Fate's best Priest CM!

EDIT: Also dammit Fai, you should have went with ChefPriest :(
BotatoSep 27, 2014 9:23 AM
Sep 27, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2011

Damn, I l just love his voice.
Sep 27, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:

ChefPriest does not ring, Ithought about that. And the correct grammar would be PriestChef. So I had to chose descriptive action. Freaking avatar takes forever to update. Profile updated in seconds. Avatar pending for 2 hours now
AhenshihaelSep 27, 2014 9:34 AM
Sep 27, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

ChefPriest does not ring, Ithought about that. And the correct grammar would be PriestChef. So I had to chose descriptive action. Freaking avatar takes forever to update. Profile updated in seconds. Avatar pending for 2 hours now

Upload again with GIF as an extension.
Sep 27, 2014 9:55 AM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

MAL is evil
Sep 27, 2014 10:01 AM
Jul 2014
HereticPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

MAL is evil
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 27, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2007
Uploading any avatar reverts to one I tried to upload yesterday -__-. I guess in a year we will be at the one I tried to upload few hours ago. y u so broken, MAL.
AhenshihaelSep 27, 2014 10:16 AM
Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
Well it is changed now so...
Sep 27, 2014 10:34 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
Uploading any avatar reverts to one I tried to upload yesterday -__-. I guess in a year we will be at the one I tried to upload few hours ago. y u so broken, MAL.
A little bit late but...
Patience is a virtue. Follow Gil's example.
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 27, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, so much Kirei.
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

What do you mean?
The song of Kirei's voice continued through entire video.

And yeah. GilCasual Random Praying Person was cool in how subtle it was.

Well, not that song, I meant Ideal White. Guess Ayano couldn't handle the yuetsu.
Sep 27, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:

To the shitty graphically unpolished one I uploaded yesterday when testing. Not the one I want.

If i upload gif or jpg, it goes to the one I uploaded yesterday.
If PNG, to one I had before that.

edit:uploaded random 1024kb image and it went into this that I uploaded 2 days ago X_X. This will have to do for now.
AhenshihaelSep 27, 2014 11:05 AM
Sep 27, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2011
trash at the end of the new ov.
Sep 27, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

To the shitty graphically unpolished one I uploaded yesterday when testing. Not the one I want.

edit:uploaded random 1024kb image and it went into this that I uploaded 2 days ago X_X. This will have to do for now.

Try ctrl+f5? Or opening the image in a new tab and deleting the cdn. part?

This is what I got when I did that for your avatar.
Sep 27, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

Try ctrl+f5? Or opening the image in a new tab and deleting the cdn. part?

This is what I got when I did that for your avatar.

Yeah

IF i refresh without cdn part it changes between my old avatar, pink kirei and this one. but the posts still show the shitty one.
Sep 27, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 2014
I've only seen this one so far:
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 27, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
It's back to your old one now.
See this is why we did it in advance; to avoid problems when it actually matters to have Kirei avatar.
Sep 27, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
It's back to your old one now.
See this is why we did it in advance; to avoid problems when it actually matters to have Kirei avatar.

Last time I was changing my avatar it took 3 months, so no.

Its not just a "bug". Its an archaic system MAL started using for whatever reason. Basically if you uploaded a format in last ~few months, you are stuck with it for next ~few months.

I had one avatar(jpg), then another (png), then the previous Mr. Dark one(png). SO no matter what uploaded, it changes to one of those.

Going by mal tech support "wait 3 weeks, lul". How I hate this. I'll stick with pink kirei. It fits.

Also changing too early is bad taste.
AhenshihaelSep 27, 2014 11:35 AM
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.