Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 4, 2014 11:55 PM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
In the new series we need 2 modernize. Time for some Imouto-Onii-chan Complex

HUE HUE HUE
lol No thank you. I like my Digimon without such lame anime cliches. One of the most appealing things about the Taichi-Hikari relationship is that they are very realistic and normal siblings, despite being in an anime.

Edit:
I just realized that VenomVamdemon and BelialVamdemon are two separate Digimon, so I was technically correct just now to call him that... Hah.

For your info, BelialVamdemon was referred to as MalosMyotismon in the dub, while VenomVamdemon was called VenomMyotismon.
OminousWrexAug 5, 2014 3:40 AM
Aug 5, 2014 5:23 AM

Nov 2008
MasonCage said:
Edit:
I just realized that VenomVamdemon and BelialVamdemon are two separate Digimon, so I was technically correct just now to call him that... Hah.

VenomVamdemon is Vamdemon's Mega/Ultimate form in Adventure while it is BelialVamdemon in 02. Technically, VenomVamdemon can't steal anyone's spotlight in 02 because it was BelialVamdemon at that time. :P

All that hate towards 02 though. I understand that it has a lot of weaknesses but not acknowledging something always makes things confusing. If Taichi (and, possibly, the rest of the Adventure cast though I doubt anyone besides maybe Yamato/Matt will be included) was transferred to another universe, 02 and this sequel could still exist in the same canon and the world would be a nice place for everyone.
Aug 5, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Yay, my childhood is coming back
Aug 5, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
It's a sequel... I'm not planning to watch then :/ No time to watch the first season(s) :(
Aug 5, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
Awesome news!! Definitely going on my PTW.

Season 02 was pretty meh, if they ignore that, I wouldn't mind at all.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Aug 5, 2014 1:22 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Great news... due to the nostalgia factor. But then again it's Toei, they probably want to milk all of their old franchises.
Aug 5, 2014 7:16 PM
May 2010
Tacas said:
VenomVamdemon is Vamdemon's Mega/Ultimate form in Adventure while it is BelialVamdemon in 02. Technically, VenomVamdemon can't steal anyone's spotlight in 02 because it was BelialVamdemon at that time. :P

Erm... wrong. BelialVamdemon is VenomVamdemon's alternate mode change. They're not the same Digimon with different names (which I'm guessing is what you're implying).
Aug 5, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2011
YES!
Aug 5, 2014 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:
In the new series we need 2 modernize. Time for some Imouto-Onii-chan Complex

HUE HUE HUE
lol No thank you. I like my Digimon without such lame anime cliches. One of the most appealing things about the Taichi-Hikari relationship is that they are very realistic and normal siblings, despite being in an anime.

Edit:

For your info, BelialVamdemon was referred to as MalosMyotismon in the dub, while VenomVamdemon was called VenomMyotismon.

But. But. Kari cried out to her onii-chan in the dark sea!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 5, 2014 11:01 PM
May 2010
GodlyKyon said:
When I said a 'normal relationship,' I didn't mean one with a total lack of brother-sister affection. I mean the kind that doesn't have the little sister trying to play pervy-games with the big brother, a cliche many modern anime seem attracted to.
Aug 6, 2014 2:20 AM
Apr 2013
MasonCage said:
GodlyKyon said:
When I said a 'normal relationship,' I didn't mean one with a total lack of brother-sister affection. I mean the kind that doesn't have the little sister trying to play pervy-games with the big brother, a cliche many modern anime seem attracted to.

I agree, the brother-sister relationship for taichi and hikari is rather realistic and normal, unlike the brother-sister relationship in typical slice of life or any anime nowadays... too much "onii-chan"

That's why I like the characters in digimon anime
Aug 6, 2014 2:40 AM

Feb 2008
Just please Toei, don't be so fucking cheap this time like you were with Sailor Moon Crystal. Wada Kouji needs to return to sing the opening or evolution song or else it's going to be shit.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 6, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
so...

damn....

Nostalgic....

tears trembled down my eyes when the theme song started playing... :')
Shaggy97Aug 6, 2014 10:01 AM
Get lost in the art that is anime/manga... :3
Aug 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2011
All these bitches.
Aug 6, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
What I'm hoping for:

-TK/Kari is confirmed.
-Brave Heart is included in the digivolution scenes.
-Digimon Adventure 02 is ignored.
-Digimon Adventure 02 spoilers:
[SPOILER]-The ending is ignored and Tai/Sora happens.
-If the ending isn't ignored, Tai/Mimi or Joe/Mimi.
-The ending is ignored and not everyone is a Digidestined.[/QUOTE]
-02 characters get minimal screentime if they acknowledge 02.
-Ultimate/Adult level Digimon come back!
-No stupid armor or DNA digivolving.
-Edit: THE OTHER DIGIMON GET MEGA EVOLUTIONS. Preferably their PSP ones (so Biyomon - Phoenixmon, Tentomon - HerculesKabuterimon, Palmon - Rosemon, Gomamon - Vikemon, Patamon - Seraphimon, Gatomon - Ophanimon). Although I'd actually prefer Gatomon getting Magnadramon instead of Ophanimon.

This is all just wishful thinking. But I'm excited either way. :)
ChanaynayAug 6, 2014 2:09 PM
Aug 7, 2014 12:11 AM

May 2012
Oh shoot. My fave childhood anime is getting a sequel and I didn't even realize it?? Now for the HYPE!
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
Aug 7, 2014 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
What's going on in my mind right now:
CLBGM said:
OMFGASdfbanjshfbaikewf OMFGnaskidnf OMNfkjanskfjn akejfbnakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaqahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't describe this....

OMfdgfgsdgadggsdgFGGGG

And this too:
Tasuku- said:
As a nostalgia fag pretty sure I'm going to cry watching the first episode because nostalgia too stronk!

dfljdsgkldfhjdf fdksjdg Mimi <3

I hope Mimi gets a bigger role, being my favorite character since 01, I was kind of disappointed how little significance she was given, especially in 02. ;_;
removed-userAug 7, 2014 12:42 AM
Aug 7, 2014 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
Thank god. My fave Digimon series is having a sequel.

I really hate the other versions of Digimon (series). Especially the one with that Agumon with a red something in his hand (forgot that Digimon series)
Aug 7, 2014 7:57 AM
Apr 2013
kiieatspocky said:
Thank god. My fave Digimon series is having a sequel.

I really hate the other versions of Digimon (series). Especially the one with that Agumon with a red something in his hand (forgot that Digimon series)

you hate Savers? Why?
for me it's the 2nd best digimon series after Tamers, it had an interesting story and good characterizations

I guess you only hate the series bcos "they changed it, they sucks" which is too bad, especially when seeing another version of agumon being the main character
Aug 7, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
As long as doesn't use any new 3D animation or something like that.
It will be ok for me, I really don't wanna see my childhood ruined. But still I can't wait until 2015 ! :HD
Also I cry out loud in the beginning of the video. :')
Aug 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2010
OMO....speechless....TTvTT
have been waiting for this...glad to see it's a series after all
so HYPED!!!can't wait!! hope they tie some loose ends with adventure with this new one, excited to see the "original" 8 again and as young adults!!! (>U<)/
Aug 7, 2014 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
DarkMorpher said:

Would love to see Dragomon.

Biggest problem with 02 was that it was a clusterfuck. It had so many fillers that I couldn't evne tell what was the main story.
Aug 7, 2014 5:27 PM
Apr 2013
Just saying
The real name is Dagomon NOT Dragomon
Heck it wasn't based on "dragon" but it is from Dagon the creature in cthulhu mythology
Aug 7, 2014 11:12 PM
Jan 2014
Dafuck there's gonna be a new digimon show. Why not watch it, it's been years xD
Aug 8, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2012
Its been a while since I last saw the first digimon adventure and its movie, so I dont really remember much, and I hvnt seen any of the series after those 2, so I may be wrong, but from what I do remember, didn't Taichi and Sora have a few "moments" together or like weren't there were teases about those 2 or something?

I even remember that in the movie, there was something between those 2 regarding a letter and I vaguely remember Tachi getting really embarrassed after his sister sent it by accident or something, and then when Sora read it, she blushed I think.

So yah, I'm not sure if the show started to move more towards YamatoxSora after that or if it came out of nowhere, but I was pretty surprised when I read some of the comments here about how Yamato and Sora got married and had kids.
Aug 8, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
ChanaynayAug 8, 2014 8:23 AM
Aug 8, 2014 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
AdolTheRed said:
Its been a while since I last saw the first digimon adventure and its movie, so I dont really remember much, and I hvnt seen any of the series after those 2, so I may be wrong, but from what I do remember, didn't Taichi and Sora have a few "moments" together or like weren't there were teases about those 2 or something?

I even remember that in the movie, there was something between those 2 regarding a letter and I vaguely remember Tachi getting really embarrassed after his sister sent it by accident or something, and then when Sora read it, she blushed I think.

So yah, I'm not sure if the show started to move more towards YamatoxSora after that or if it came out of nowhere, but I was pretty surprised when I read some of the comments here about how Yamato and Sora got married and had kids.

Really don't care... Honestly, the relationships were so ineffectively protrayed in that series we might as well as have tai x blond kid.
Aug 8, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2012

GodlyKyon said:
Really don't care... Honestly, the relationships were so ineffectively protrayed in that series we might as well as have tai x blond kid.

If the series was made in this day and age, I'm pretty sure there would be tai x yamato fan art/doujins atleast lol.

Either way, if this new sequels seems interesting enough, I'll probably rewatch the entire first series and it's movie before watching this one. Will definitely need to refresh my memory before watching a direct sequel.
AdolTheRedAug 8, 2014 2:03 PM
Aug 8, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2010
Stop the feels! Stop the feels!
Aug 13, 2014 4:15 AM
Dec 2009
Chanaynay said:

*Sigh*.......I guess I am the only one who ships Mimi x Izumi as a couple, huh.

Aug 13, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
I need to rewatch the old ones to get hyped.
Aug 13, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Chanaynay said:

I could see it, given the Diaboromon Returns movie or whatever and a few of their exchanges in the first season.
Aug 13, 2014 2:50 PM
Sep 2007
Why is it that people find Yamato x Sora so unacceptable?

IMO, it's actually kinda realistic (to some degree), because even IRL it's very rare for kids (Taichi and Sora) that were together end up in love relationship.
Usually, they end up with, or marrying person they didn't, or hardly knew in childhood.

Well, Yamato is also Sora's childhood friend, but not as long as Taichi.

Besides, time passes, everything could happen between their childhood, and marriage.

Childhood friend romances are usually shitty and predictable anyway, just look at the king of them - Detectice Conan.
Aug 13, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
OH SNAP THE HyPE!!!!!
"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"
Aug 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
Psajdak said:
[spoiler]Why is it that people find Yamato x Sora so unacceptable?

IMO, it's actually kinda realistic (to some degree), because even IRL it's very rare for kids (Taichi and Sora) that were together end up in love relationship.
Usually, they end up with, or marrying person they didn't, or hardly knew in childhood.

Well, Yamato is also Sora's childhood friend, but not as long as Taichi.

Besides, time passes, everything could happen between their childhood, and marriage.

Childhood friend romances are usually shitty and predictable anyway, just look at the king of them - Detectice Conan.
[/quote]
I agree with you... Maybe because people watched the dub version... Yamato in dub version was shit in many ways. so people can't help but hate him...

Aug 14, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2011
I see this topic turned into a shipping war.

» Escapism.

Aug 14, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2009
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Chanaynay said:

I prefer Mimi x Jyou though..at least this one has the potential of happening. I don't see any strong hints of Mimi x Koushirou in the tv series other than the sacred ruins episode.
Aug 14, 2014 11:07 PM
Sep 2007
People hated Yamato?
I thought he was one of most decent characters in series.

It always seemed to me fans dislike Mimi the most, although I liked her too.

Well, Jou is probably my favorite character in the first series, I think...

Anyway, as for this new series, even though it's sequel, don't count on it resolving anything from first two series that is left with question mark.
Aug 15, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2009
I could understand the hate for Yamato cos there were instances during the first season where he completely disregarded his friends, including his own Digimon, in favour of Takeru. Not to mention how
Aug 15, 2014 8:02 AM
Sep 2007
How old was Yamato in first series?
Eleven?

What kind of maturity do people expect from eleven years old child?

Also, Takeru is, like, his brother.
Most people usually put their family at the first place.
Aug 15, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2009
The thing about Yamato was that during the instances where he was separated from Takeru, he couldn't maintain a cool head and lashed out on his friends as such.

Yamato has indeed showed some maturity in the first season even for a child, but whenever it involves his little brother, he gets easily provoked, causing a rift within the group, so I guess that's why some fans don't like that about him.
Aug 15, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Vongole said:
The thing about Yamato was that during the instances where he was separated from Takeru, he couldn't maintain a cool head and lashed out on his friends as such.

I think Digimon actually did a good job at creating a cast with believable strengths and weaknesses which made them all likable in their own way (at least for me).

However the only character who pissed me off for an extended period of time throughout the show was Yamato, which sparked when he acted on his petty jealousy of Taichi. But, like others have said, he's only a kid and if you literally put one kid into the leader position someone is bound to get jealous. People criticized Mimi for not wanting to fight too, but she was only 9 and I'm pretty sure most 9-year-olds would not want to fight when forced into a situation where they HAVE to save the world. It could actually be pretty psychologically traumatizing fighting against people who wanted to kill you, experiencing loss of the friends you made along the way. However the kids somehow managed to get through it mostly unaffected.

The only character who seemed "too perfect" to me was Hikari. Love her, and yes her main problem was that she forgets to look after herself because she cares so much about others, but she still seemed that way to me.

Anyway hopefully this sequel will be able to carry on the quality characterization of these characters from the first season (for a kid's show anyway). I feel like 02 dropped the ball in that department with some characters - Taichi became too serious and not very energetic, Mimi became surprisingly sweet and lost her blunt nature I enjoyed so much in the first season, Joe lost his signature anxiousness/nervousness, somehow Takeru wanted to purge all evil after losing Angemon even though it was never picked up in the first season, etc.
Aug 15, 2014 4:27 PM
Aug 2014
everybody get ready to get on the nostalgic train XD
Aug 15, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
argo_01 said:
everybody get ready to get on the nostalgic train XD

It already departed. The only quesiton is now whether it will be derailed.
Aug 16, 2014 1:25 AM

Aug 2014
guess i'll follow this cause Mimi
Aug 16, 2014 6:09 AM
Sep 2007
Btw, just to remind you guys - Gomamon is Naruto.
Aug 16, 2014 8:47 AM

Oct 2009
Psajdak said:

Well since you brought that up, Tentomon is Sasori and Hawkmon is Neji. Gosh I'm such a seiyuu nerd xD
Aug 16, 2014 8:59 AM
Nov 2009
emeraldrosary said:
It seems everything is getting a re-make/extra season these days. I never would've imagined Digimon would be coming back though. I am so excited for this!

TTU55Otaku said:
I'm curious if this is going to be Digimon Adventure 3 or if they are pretending that Adventure 2 didn't happen and this will take it's place in the canon. Regardless of what happens, I couldn't be more excited for this if I tried!

I know right? The second season basically killed off any idea of a sequel so no one was expecting this!

Yep. Definitely interested since Digimon Adventure was a really good series(better than Pokemon) but in this day and age, I kinda doubt it will be good. Would love to be proven wrong though.
Aug 16, 2014 11:53 AM
Aug 2012
Psajdak said:

You mean Gomamon is Takuya from Frontier.
Agumon was Shoutmon, I kinda liked Shoutmon's voice more though.
Aug 16, 2014 8:16 PM
Apr 2013
Lucumo said:
emeraldrosary said:
It seems everything is getting a re-make/extra season these days. I never would've imagined Digimon would be coming back though. I am so excited for this!

I know right? The second season basically killed off any idea of a sequel so no one was expecting this!

Yep. Definitely interested since Digimon Adventure was a really good series(better than Pokemon) but in this day and age, I kinda doubt it will be good. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Better than pokemon? It DEFINITELY IS!!!!
But hey, Savers was a good one
Hopefully they don't ruin it like 02
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
49 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.