Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2014 5:58 AM

Jan 2013
I'm making this topic for a friend who wants to know the following about Alluka's power: why can't people just wish for Alluka to be normal, or wishing so he can't wish anymore?

It's a pretty silly question, and it would be dull if it was possible in this way... But I want you guys to explain to me if there is a "rule" or "consequence" to this.

Please put spoilers in spoilertags. If it is just speculation, you won't have to put it in spoilertags in my opinion.
Jul 23, 2014 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
Isn't that some kind of ancient era question you got there??

Normally people will always want to keep amazing power even if it dangerous, isn't?

That's why we didn't get rid nuclear or all secret weapons.

Konoha keep Kyuubi, etc.

I guess you can get the gist by such example.

But, if we think it clearly, there is no way we gonna agree to such thing that we don't know about. If we wish her to be "normal". Is it possible??? What's the consequences even if it possible or not?? How big they must pay for such wish if there a consequences??? There is much to it that needed to know and understand first before you use it or it will be bad result. That's why they locked up Alluka, because they didn't fully understand Nanika's ability. Misused her can resulted a disaster especially for Zoldyck family.

As for if it's possible or not, that's entirely different matter.
Jul 23, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
I actually asked the same question last episode. The best non-spoiler answer I got was "They want to use him", which is fair enough, I suppose. However, seeing that Killua plans on "saving Alluka", I think this could be a potential method of doing so.

As for whether it's possible, we'll just have to wait to find out.
Jul 23, 2014 9:30 AM

Dec 2011
Is it possible? Short answer: yes.

I know this because so far the experiments the Zoldycks did with Alluka's wish-granting ability (that Illumi talks about) was just to determine the "rules and consequences." They either can't safely determine if there is a limit to Alluka's ability by wishing for the truly impossible (which would have cataclysmic consequences)... or it is implied that Alluka can grant any wish... Or both, but compared to the wishes already made, asking Alluka not to wish/ make requests anymore is easily fulfilled.

So, people can make that wish and I don't think there is a rule or consequence for asking Alluka not to wish... But remember that we don't know all the rules yet. There are some rules only Killua knows and it isn't shown whether he has revealed them all or not.

As for why people don't wish that... Like others have said before, they want to take advantage of Alluka's power. The Zoldyck's don't think of Alluka as a family member, but as a monster... Like Mike, monsters are just tools to be manipulated. But Alluka is considerably more dangerous than Mike (esp. in the wrong hands), so she has been quarantined.
DalPuriJul 23, 2014 9:40 AM
Jul 24, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2011
In addition, she is a great weapon. Even if dangerous.
Well... If it appears some arceus-majin buu deux ex-machine, they can use her lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Yesterday, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.