Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2007
ponygon123 said:
OK why was the spirit guy acting all weird?

I was about 100% sure that he was going to say, "Wait, you were hit by a motorcycle two years ago? I ran into somebody with a motorcycle two years ago!" and then Engineer Magi-god hugs both of them and deadpans "Now that's the most interesting sequence I've seen today." Followed by:

And then cut to credits.

I think I probably should pay closer attention to these episodes.
Jul 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode, probably the best one yet.
Jul 19, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2011
Is the high school festival arc finally over?! It was like the Endless eight(Haruhi) of arcs.

decent episode. was expecting more dynamic fight. Seeing half the episode where one guy shoots magic sequence icons and the other guy shoots them down was like watching skeet shooting at the Olympics.
Jul 19, 2014 8:27 PM

May 2011
The prince was just holding back. :/
Jul 19, 2014 8:49 PM

Jun 2014
I don't know what kind of magic they used to pull off that win, but it was totally AMAZING! I bet the Crimson Prince and Cardinal George weren't expecting to lose like that! What a great episode this week!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 19, 2014 8:49 PM
Nov 2010
Satan-sama said:

He still wouldn't of won lol they even say how he is no where near as strong as him in the novel
Jul 19, 2014 9:15 PM

May 2014
I loved how Tatsuya decided to win after Miyuki said that she believes that no one can beat him so he doesn't betray the hope and faith Miyuki has in him.

Jul 19, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
Truly an action packed episode with the titans of their respective schools. Getting to see the shots traded one after another assured me that they are not screwing around in this episode. I just have to admit that the prodigy Tatsuya simply outplayed the war veteran Masaki this time around. I need to calm down before I write these type of hype posts... haha

Tatsuya: "Checkmate Suzaku, get out of my anime"
Masaki: "M-my name is... Masaki...."
Tatsuya: "What? I can't really hear you"
Jul 19, 2014 9:17 PM

Mar 2011
Satan-sama said:

More like the rules of the tournament made a good portion of his skillset not usable.
Jul 19, 2014 9:20 PM

Oct 2013
Fudge how did Tatsuya disable all of those spells; I mean, did you see his acrobatic skills? Damn, he should join the olympics
Jul 19, 2014 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
Kitoge said:
Fudge how did Tatsuya disable all of those spells; I mean, did you see his acrobatic skills? Damn, he should join the olympics

As a former ninja myself I must say he has quite the skill set.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 19, 2014 9:46 PM

Mar 2014
Satan-sama said:

so was tatsuya :U
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously Tatsuya gave us an epic match, i'm glad that we can also add his friend (Magi-sword dude) to the Alpha League as well :3
Jul 19, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2013
well finally i can see tatsuya in action damn onii-sama you're a badass
7thVoid said:
Kitoge said:

As a former ninja myself I must say he has quite the skill set.
LOL
Jul 19, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode today,the fights was amazing and one of the best episode so far yet....well Tatsuya team wins and they all did a great job.Is this arc ending soon?
Jul 19, 2014 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
ponygon123 said:
OK why was the spirit guy acting all weird? Was he shocked that Leo could take on that spell without any defense or something?

Well by far the best episode of this show, was finally impresed by it. It really blended the explanation and fighting evenly for once and was not very dry. The school arc is pretty cool I guess but probably a tad to long and drawn out.

I think because A: he was probably the one on the motorcycle, and B: he's shocked how resilient Leo's body is compared to his own.

Damn that was an epic fight. All those CAD bullets flying everywhere. Tatsuya didn't leave unscathed even after using his OP insta heal. Ends with with a sonic boom finger snap. Even his entire group of classmates were like what the fuck just happened.

Pretty obvious that Mikihiko was the one on the motorcycle that hurt Leo in the past, and it's probably the same "accident" that made Miki unable to use his magic for so long.

Judging from the OP video, more stuff with guns and mechs happen so hopefully those fight scenes will be on par with what happened in this ep.

Jared3318 said:
Miyuki was dripping wet when Tatsuya won

^^preaching the truth.
TyrelJul 19, 2014 10:34 PM
Jul 19, 2014 11:02 PM

Sep 2011
The show has gotten a bit better tbh since the first half. If it can keep giving constant action then I'll show this even more despite the constant onii-sama's
Jul 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Oct 2012
Tyrel said:
The show has gotten a bit better tbh since the first half. If it can keep giving constant action then I'll show this even more despite the constant onii-sama's

Despite the onii-sama's?! Psh you know that is what makes the show half decent!

That aside it has gotten better lately
Jul 19, 2014 11:52 PM
Jan 2014
lets all face it, we knew tastsuya was a badass and was going to pull through and win, we all just wondered how. but man im not surprised whats hes capable of, i can't wait till i see some more.
Jul 20, 2014 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
this was the best episode so far, I wonder if there is an opponent that tatsuya can't defeat though lmao
Jul 20, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2009
wow...??
that was pretty damn cool. best episode yet.
Jul 20, 2014 12:59 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty damn good episode.
I'm assuming we have a few episodes left until this arc comes to a close.
Hopefully next arc would be as good as this arc or even better.
Jul 20, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
bwahahaha look at Suzaku!! look at him loose! anyway those action scenes were really amazing! Tatsuya's ear will heal right?
Jul 20, 2014 1:02 AM

Jun 2013
That was one sparkly towel LOL good stuffs
Jul 20, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2012
Very good episode, probably one of the best so far. Tatsuya with his OP regen hack :O . So does this mean he is just almost unbeatable since his self regen sequence will just auto start.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 20, 2014 1:19 AM

Dec 2011
Okay, that was exciting... until he beat Ichijo with a snap. Kind of anti-climactic. It surely raises suspicion that Tatsuya is a person with a lot of value.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 1:31 AM

Mar 2012
I have to say these last couple of episodes were entertaining. This show is starting to pick up. Though we all know Suzaku had no chance against Tatsuya.
Jul 20, 2014 1:42 AM

May 2009
Tatsuya is a badass.
Jul 20, 2014 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
Didn't really like the whole self regeneration thing (felt like a cheap plot device) though it was amusing watching him go into terminator mode. Flash casting is kinda neat. Looks like Mahouka Summer Olympics is drawing to a close @_@.

Overall, an okay episode

Jul 20, 2014 2:33 AM

Sep 2013
It was worth waiting 16 episodes to see Tatsuya kicking ass!

Lolol, bitches be wet when Tatsuya snaps his fingers

Jul 20, 2014 2:53 AM
Jun 2009
Zeally said:
Didn't really like the whole self regeneration thing (felt like a cheap plot device) though it was amusing watching him go into terminator mode. Flash casting is kinda neat. Looks like Mahouka Summer Olympics is drawing to a close @_@.

Overall, an okay episode

They already showed it in Episode 3.
Jul 20, 2014 3:00 AM

Feb 2014
Well done Onii-sama. All the women,(and men) are now hot for you.
Jul 20, 2014 3:30 AM
Nov 2013
can someone tell me, what part is tatsuya-kun used flash cast?
"Pray For Gaza" "Free Palestina"
Jul 20, 2014 3:53 AM
Jan 2014
faezayie said:
The finger snap.
Jul 20, 2014 3:58 AM
Nov 2013
YondaimeHokage29 said:
faezayie said:
The finger snap.

I see. So it is already showed in first episode op isn't it? The moment he shoot the enemy with his finger.
"Pray For Gaza" "Free Palestina"
Jul 20, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
Soooo... will Masaki have to face punishment for his illegal attack which Tatsuya could still overcome? But yeah, very good episode indeed.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 20, 2014 4:20 AM

Jul 2009
'What was that just now?!?!?'
Do you mean the part where he avoided nearly 20 lethal spells while spinning around in midair and leaping here and there , firing as he tumbled around?
Or the part where he created a huge soundshockwave by snapping his fingers that even reached the audience far away?
Or the fact where he got wounded mortally then got up without problems in seconds?
Or the one where he created the soundshockwave in the blink of a second?

Take your pick, people.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 20, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
Robbini said:
'What was that just now?!?!?'
Do you mean the part where he avoided nearly 20 lethal spells while spinning around in midair and leaping here and there , firing as he tumbled around?
Or the part where he created a huge soundshockwave by snapping his fingers that even reached the audience far away?
Or the fact where he got wounded mortally then got up without problems in seconds?
Or the one where he created the soundshockwave in the blink of a second?

Take your pick, people.

This one. "Or the fact where he got wounded mortally then got up without problems in seconds?"

Tatsuya is an epic main character. Loved this episode. The action was amazing.
Jul 20, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2011
Based Tatsuya using a finger snap to win.
Jul 20, 2014 6:12 AM
May 2013
gyro2death said:
HomeAlone said:

And you will also notice that Tatsuya was able to come this near only because Masaki was shocked. Tatsuya is not on a different level compared to Masaki, the battle was like that only because it was a game and that their magics are limited. He thought in this episode that he would not be sure to beat him on a true battlefield.

This is completely wrong, they're making Tatsuya overly humble here. In the LN there is even a quote saying the Masaki isn't on the same level on Tatsuya from one of the most powerful magicians in the series. Tatsuyas Decomposition magic is truely the strongest magic, his upper limit is 36 targets simultaneously while under Miyuki's seal. They've left out a lot of details that the LN give us in the anime. They're making Masaki out to be a rival but he isn't, you'll see in the next arc just how much difference there is between them. Also you should get to hear the quote about Tatsuya being on a different level here soon too.

Tatsuya is not humble when talking about an hypothetical fight with another magician. He knows he is lacking in many aspects but he is very aware of his tremendous power. When he says he will have trouble fighting an opponent he really means it. The quote said that he is a better military asset than Masaki because he is one of the SC magicians, not that he is stronger than him. The seal does not affect Decomposition, it is normal for him to excel at it since it is his specialized magic. Masaki excels at bombardment and at using Rupture, Tatsuya would have trouble even with Gram Dispersion.
Jul 20, 2014 6:19 AM

May 2013
Second good episode and first Tatsuya badass moment.
HomeAlone said:
gyro2death said:

This is completely wrong, they're making Tatsuya overly humble here. In the LN there is even a quote saying the Masaki isn't on the same level on Tatsuya from one of the most powerful magicians in the series. Tatsuyas Decomposition magic is truely the strongest magic, his upper limit is 36 targets simultaneously while under Miyuki's seal. They've left out a lot of details that the LN give us in the anime. They're making Masaki out to be a rival but he isn't, you'll see in the next arc just how much difference there is between them. Also you should get to hear the quote about Tatsuya being on a different level here soon too.

Tatsuya is not humble when talking about an hypothetical fight with another magician. He knows he is lacking in many aspects but he is very aware of his tremendous power. When he says he will have trouble fighting an opponent he really means it. The quote said that he is a better military asset than Masaki because he is one of the SC magicians, not that he is stronger than him. The seal does not affect Decomposition, it is normal for him to excel at it since it is his specialized magic. Masaki excels at bombardment and at using Rupture, Tatsuya would have trouble even with Gram Dispersion.

But Tatsuya was the more handicapped one in this competition. His Mist Dispersion is far stronger than Rupture.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 20, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
Action lines =/= action, basically we just saw two people slowly walking up to each other for minutes beforea few minutes of actual action happened. Oldest trick in the book of animators...
Not that there was any tension to begin with...nor will there be in the future because apaprently Tatsuya also has extremely high regeneration spells that automatically activate. He is really the king of badly written Gary Stus.

Also, please die Miyuki. You can only blush, cry and say ONIISAMA anyway if you aren't used as a Mary Stu for a minute in each arc to highlight how "capable" you are.

And if brawling wasn't allowed in monolith code, why did they just beat the shit out of each other? Normally both teams should be disqualified.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 20, 2014 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
The battle scene was really amazing. Tatsuya looked like a badass catching the CAD in the air, definitely one of the best episodes to date
Jul 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
jakkubus said:
Second good episode and first Tatsuya badass moment.
HomeAlone said:

But Tatsuya was the more handicapped one in this competition. His Mist Dispersion is far stronger than Rupture.

This is where the quote everyone is good at different things comes in
Tatsuya excels as a Combat magician far more than Masaki in this case.
Heavy limitations placed on both of them however severely weakens Tatsuya.

Tatsuya would be able to instantly kill Masaki in battle with his CAD if he had it (Watch next ep and you'll see how OP Tatsuya is.

I don't believe Masaki broke the rules with the amount of spells rather the power of them (at least in LN.) I think it explains that Masakis magic is to cause water to explode somehow but it's too powerful normally so in Monolith code he causes the explosion inside a different magic and aims the shock wave at people. What he did to Tatsuya was overpower and overwhelm him by skipping the second magic in his panic (his instincts recognise Tatsuya as a threat)

If anyone is Tatsuyas rival it's Juumonji. (Next episode should explain...maybe)
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Jul 20, 2014 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
And if brawling wasn't allowed in monolith code, why did they just beat the shit out of each other? Normally both teams should be disqualified.

I am not sure what you mean here, would you care to explain? There was no brawling involved, why would they be disqualified?
Jul 20, 2014 8:09 AM
Apr 2012
Oh my that was a phenomenal episode! Masaki was more than a match for Tatsuya, their shootout was excellent. He messed up though and nearly killed his opponent with lethal magic. We got to see more of Tatsuyas restoritive magic and it is still fascinating. That finger click and amplified sound oh dayum! Cardinal George outwitted by Tatsuya, nice. Great team effort.

Previous 15 episodes have been 10/10 yet this episode gets 11/10. Perfect.
Jul 20, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Sapewloth said:
Another decent episode? Is this real life?

I am shocked as well
Jul 20, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2012
Beep boop I'm a robot
Jul 20, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
I can safely say that this is one of the best episodes I've seen this year. I mean, it was just so damn epic. It reminded me of the feeling I used to get while watching No Game No Life.

I enjoy this anime a lot. I mean, it's already a 9.5 for me. I don't really rate all that liberally, given that my average is around 7.3 or something, but this anime really deserves it. I just don't understand why it's rated so low. I mean, if it's because Tatsuya is overpowered, then I don't see how that is different from Sora being overpowered (No Game No Life). I mean, NGNL is obviously much better than Mahouka, but not by the margin the average ratings indicate. The animation, the action, the music are all pretty good. The characters could definitely use some improvement, and there could be lesser focus on the girls in the show, like it has been recently, but that's pretty much it :/

Well, anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
Fabulous episode! This and the last episode has slowed down to a much better pace imo.
Jul 20, 2014 8:31 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Two words: "OH SHET!" Literally screaming myself, til I lost my voice.
Wasn't surprised First High won.
But ohmybajesus, I think I died like twice.
Was so awesome :D No doubt the best episode of the season not a -flips table- DOUBT!

Now my question is to what will be the punishment for the Illegal move?
o,o I don't even know what to say...bc holy shet.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.