Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2009 7:16 PM
Mar 2009
I read through a part of the Bible, and I find it to be repulsive and outdated.

Such as:

Exodus 31:15
Did God just state that the billions of people who works on Sabbath day should be put to death? I do not think that makes a lot of sense.
(This is part of the 4th commandment..)

Speaking of death, why does the Bible kill so many innocent people?
Remember, God's Laws are perfect.
Psalm 19:7

Why do people believe in this?
So outdated and repulsive, yet billions believe in this nonsense.

天空の夜明け
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 10, 2009 7:17 PM
Jan 2009
lol

inb4 spam
Oct 10, 2009 7:18 PM

Oct 2008
Sad, but unfortunately true. The Bible is a work of fiction.
Oct 10, 2009 7:19 PM

Nov 2007
Try reading the entire Bible before you say stuff like that. This would be like rippng two lines from Shakespeare and saying how an entire Shakespeare play makes no sense because of that.
Oct 10, 2009 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
http://godisimaginary.com/
There is more than two lines. Like Dictator, God is a dictator.
Oct 10, 2009 7:20 PM
Mar 2009
feder said:
Try reading the entire Bible before you say stuff like that. This would be like rippng two lines from Shakespeare and saying how an entire Shakespeare play makes no sense because of that.
I have read the Bible in my childhood, and I have just reread the Exodus and some other parts, and found many holes in the story.
天空の夜明け
Oct 10, 2009 7:21 PM

Oct 2008
Dictator said:
feder said:
I have read the Bible in my childhood, and I have just reread the Exodus and some other parts, and found many holes in the story.

No you didn't :P
You just pulled quotes.
Oct 10, 2009 7:24 PM
Mar 2009
DengXiaoPing said:
Dictator said:
feder said:

You just pulled quotes.
No, believe it or not, I actually did.
天空の夜明け
Oct 10, 2009 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
Dictator said:
DengXiaoPing said:
Dictator said:
feder said:

You just pulled quotes.
No, believe it or not, I actually did.

That's great, but just ripping off two Bible verses and giving us random complaints about both isn't going to cut it. You're gonna have to work harder than that to convince me.

What is the point of this thread anyway? To sit and whine about how stupid Christianity is? You need a better hobby.
Oct 10, 2009 7:35 PM

Dec 2008
The Bible does have holes in it, but you have to take into account a few things, namely:

1) The Bible isn't meant to be logical or scientific. It's meant to explain, through various means, the relationship between God and humans (in other words, God is at the top, humans are never above)

2) The Bible is definitely outdated in many ways (such as parts where the role of women is talked about), but hey, it's a collection of texts that are thousands of years old. What do you expect?
Oct 10, 2009 7:47 PM
Mar 2009
-Shio said:
lol

inb4 spam
Null.
天空の夜明け
Oct 10, 2009 7:50 PM

Mar 2007
I'm sorry, but I'm not taking this thread any further than this. We don't need another pointless religion thread that'll just end up with flaming and whatnot.

Please don't bother with these kind of threads again.

Thread locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.