Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2009
1. The way that mech was eating everything it touches… just epic

2. the ost makes everything even more believable

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
So far I really like this anime.
Inaho is calm, too calm. I hope it will change, because for now I don't like him at all. As I suspected princess is alive, but I didn't expect that she will survive because of motion sickness.
I like Slaine and conflict inside him. He's one of few who show some emotions.
And Martians are too overpowered. Earth people won't stand a chance if it don't change. I hope they will find a way to destroy the enemy or maybe princess do something, not only hiding.
Jul 12, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
The UE really can't stand up to the Vers Empire...
I like Slaine a lot though. He is a very nice guy and shouldn't be used to do anything evil.
I'm glad Marito didn't die, he has a lot of determination.
Yuki seems to be doing good, as well.
Inko is a really nice driver, who knows what would have happened if it weren't for her.
I wish A-1 didn't use CGI animation for the mechas, but what can you do about it.
The aircraft looked solid though.
Wonder how the war will progress onward.
Jul 12, 2014 11:42 AM
Aug 2008
@WhiteWing13
and finally its shown that she is doing that because she is extorted. If she did no earth war with mars, the military will kill the earthling that she like (dunno his name)

btw the "greater purpose" thing makes me remember psycho pass :D
Jul 12, 2014 11:42 AM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't even know why comically evil dude was even chasing that one APC down that was apparently just giving him the worst kind of trouble to catch but whatever, not a lot about this show makes much sense right now as it just seems to be going for the obvious stuff and rule of cool.

This is due to them having the martian girl on-board, she's the last witness to the plan they executed.

Kaioshin_Sama said:

That one I'll give the show a pass on because realistically in her disguise and with the Martians in a Kill Em' All blood frenzy of evil and "Earthling Rat Scum" killing coupled with general communications systems being down in the area there's really not much point in her contacting them.

I can't let it slide because she must have been aware of the incident and could have quickly contacted her people. I don't believe the martians are using the same communication systems as the earthlings (or else they wouldn't blow it all up) so she could have, somehow. Lastly if the guy knew their tactics from 15 years ago why wouldn't they put counter measures in place? It's clear the military leadership at least knew (since the ground soldiers don't believe him and he explained that they covered it up) but w/e that's just another thing in many things.
Jul 12, 2014 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
Making plans for 15 years in order to defeat the Vers Empire... that's quite a long wait...

Severing and jamming the lines of communication are really good strategies to be honest.

It looks like 15 years of preparations weren't enough since they're getting annihilated on all fronts...

Oh c'mon Inaho... you got owned by a freaking girl or is that the princess in disguise lol... (unless martians are really strong).

Return to Vers and be knighted huh? I guess they were just trying to make up a reason so that the martians they could attack Earth.

I guessed that they'd be killed lol.

The music's really great!

I'm getting the feeling that Inaho might be a genius when it comes to fighting lol.

Inaho really bad ass!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 12, 2014 11:45 AM
Aug 2008
skudoops said:
Lastly if the guy knew their tactics from 15 years ago why wouldn't they put counter measures in place? It's clear the military leadership at least knew (since the ground soldiers don't believe him and he explained that they covered it up) but w/e that's just another thing in many things.

Maybe in 3rd episode we will see the earthlings prototype countermeasure for martian attack :D

because as you said, its completely weird if the earthling did nothing for 15 years.
or the robots is their countermeasure? O_O

wont at least they would bring EMP grenade?
Jul 12, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
Yay, finally a main character that's badass from the start!
Love the show, it's great up to now :D
Jul 12, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
MC really has the emotional range of a plank of wood; sees his friend die before his eyes, couldn't give two shits.

Otherwise good episode, I love the OP and the animation as well (and I actually really like the CG mechs, I think they did a great job on the design)

Martians are a bit OP but I'm hoping that'll change as the story progresses

8/10
Jul 12, 2014 11:46 AM
Oct 2010
DejWoSWK said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

That one I'll give the show a pass on because realistically in her disguise and with the Martians in a Kill Em' All blood frenzy of evil and "Earthling Rat Scum" killing coupled with general communications systems being down in the area there's really not much point in her contacting them.

And even if she contacted them,they would most likely not acknowledged it,as keen as they were on invading Earth.

I mean they'd still invade because the act of trying to assassinate her would be enough enough to provoke them, but at the same time, why would she choose to stay in disguise on the battlefield? Especially with the way her buddies are indiscriminately blowing up stuff. The only explanation for this is that she knew she would be targeted for assassination and is trying to avoid being recognized by her own people. If she truly wanted to meet with the earth leaders, why not reveal her true identity to a earth force soldier from the get go and get transported directly to them? This roundabout way she is taking makes very little sense to me.
Jul 12, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

+1

1.5/5 from me.

Seriously dude, thank you so much for typing all that, that was just a joy to read some critical analysis. Not just because I agree with it... Lol
Jul 12, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2006
Mech anime, can you just give me a decent main char that acts like a person for once? Are we going the autistic route now?

Overly OP enemy is kind of a boring cliché as well.
Jul 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2007
Uber_Dewber said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
[spoiler]The music in this show is wretchedly bad as I sadly expected from Post Unicorn Sawano. Sorry do not go for the angsty bleepy bloopy vocal singing tracks in my mecha anime combat. What the fuck happened to Sawano man? He was so good with Unicorn but has just been absolutely awful lately and none of his soundtracks seem to fit anything he works on. Terrible shame.

Anyway it's funny cause before the season started I would have figured that this show would be the more real robot one and Argevollen would be the kind of super show, but it's actually the other way around as the Earthlings in bizarrely confident fashion tackle their conquering Martian overlords with what are basically little tiny pea shooters. I guess they're going for the image of "despair" and just being no match for the Martian with their death rays and death drill drop castles, but it's a little overblown. And then you have to have the characters basically saying as much with their "like unto an insect" dialogue after getting curb stomped by their emotionless martian conquerors and their superiority. Like it's okay Gen, we get it, we just saw what happened lol. Just really ham-fisted but kind of expectedly so.

There's also lots of expository dialogue again like in the first episode and just something that feels unnaturely wooden about it all....everything really, but then when I look at who the head writer is I guess it's not terribly surprising. The combat sequences aren't particularly exciting either really. It's like the show is basically trying to be all like, "Look everyone see! There's a war going on people are dying and it's bad and Earth is getting it's ass kicked" and I'm like I can see that, how about having somebody show some emotion and build the show on that level as well instead of just having everyone comment on what I'm seeing without any real analysis like a poorly written sports manga.

And seriously what the fuck is up with the main character? He doesn't evacuate with everyone else and is so non-chalant when talking to his sister like "Oh yeah I suppose I could have done that" when she's clearly worried about him. She's like one of the few characters in this episode that seems to show any sort of emotion and direct concern over what is happening so she'll probably die since Gen Urobuchi hates non-robotic and nihilistic characters. MC-kun probably won't ever care the way the dialogue is written and ADR direction is handled and probably just be all like "Oh I suppose nee-san died......" and just walk off to continue his daily routine.

The scene with him and the Princess in disguise (surprise....she's alive and it was a double) is really weird too. Again both are just so detached and oddly emotionless and this happens when she CQC's him for some reason which of course he doesn't even seem to react too.

I honestly found myself getting kind of bored oddly enough by the halfway point just with every characters interaction being cold emotionless expository dialogue and can't really say I felt much when MC-Kun's friend died either nor the scene where the super evil Martian pilot offed his own men from the terrorist group because.......????? Too show how diabolically evil he was, because the sneering grin and utter delight in just stomping all over the "Earthling Scum" didn't illustrate that enough. He also for whatever reason leaves the one girl alive (cause she's cute I guess) and then decides he has to torment and chase her a bit too FURTHER drive him his super villainy. Cool stuff Gen. There's a really Saturday Morning Cartoon villain quality to the Martian pilots at this point that is pretty unwelcome in a show that claims to be aiming for gritty realism and the Gundam standard of depiction of war and conflict in sci-fi anime There's also just something off about this show...it's like it wants to prove to everyone so badly that it's a sci-fi mecha war anime and just how gritty it is and how much suffering and despair is going on so it makes everything kind of lifeless and matter of fact and has characters constantly telling us how fucked everyone on Earth is. The second half was kind of a rehash of the rather dull first half too with more of the Martians just saying how much they hate the Earthling scum and curb stomping them and the Earthlings marveling at how fucked they are.

It was actually pretty dull as a second episode followup to what was a pretty decent premiere and I can only hope the dialogue and eventfulness of the show gets better once Gen Urobuchi is done writing the scripts cause if this is what we're going to get out of him it's not going to be a very interesting watch. A conflict isn't interesting if it's just constant depictions of the antagonists being assholes in their OP mech so you can hate them more easily with the protagonists getting curb stomped and the main character not even caring about anything so you can't be concerned at their plight. I mean in terms of portrayal, minus the emotionless part this is the sort of thing that ran it's course back in the 70's with shows like Voltes V.

Like I don't know show, try being more like Gundam since that's what it seems you are going for and instead of just over killing it to drive the narrative of "war is bad" home and making every Earth character a complete stereotype maybe take a page from some of it's better subtleties and human drama. Like I know Urobuchi loves to work by writing characters as concepts rather than people, but if this keeps up what they are going for is not going to work I am afraid to say because it just lacks any emotional weight or resonance and feels cold and artificial. It's a 2.5/5 for me. Next time with more feeling please and less trying to appeal to despair junkies and people that just want to see chaos and conflict without any apparent sense of purpose.
[/spoiler] Blah blah blah. Quit judging on two episodes, lol.

Why can't I have some misgivings about this episode again? I am judging based off of the first two episodes and only the two episodes, they just have a lot of pretty obvious problems. It can still improve later but right now it's been kind of disappointing cause every cliche thing I could have predicted has come to pass and what I was worried about in this show just being a mass of ham fistedly evil antagonists and emotionless protagonists is starting to look more and more like a reality.
Jul 12, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 2012
So, like everyone expected the Princess had a double. Now, the world has gone into a loss of communication to some extent. And, it is clearly shown that Martians are overpowered and our Terran of a main character keeps a rather calm head, so I'm expecting some kind of trick to our Martian mecha which our MC will discover, or our Martian MC will see the Princess and pull something in the worst possible situation.

As for the mecha's trick, its probably piloted wireless from the plane, where it is creating an illusion of its shape through the manipulation of multiple small pieces which gives it shape, and allows it to easily "pass through things". Or, we do have our mecha being piloted from inside and the reason he didn't go through the bridge was because the pilot piece won't fit.(Or he just got out of range/didn't want to break the menacing illusion as is)
Jul 12, 2014 11:52 AM
May 2009
CaptainKatsuura said:
MC really has the emotional range of a plank of wood; sees his friend die before his eyes, couldn't give two shits.

Otherwise good episode, I love the OP and the animation as well (and I actually really like the CG mechs, I think they did a great job on the design)

Martians are a bit OP but I'm hoping that'll change as the story progresses

8/10

Yeah, seriously, I hope the MC improves. As of now, I'm unimpressed, he may as well be a robot.

Sister: what are you doing? why didn't you evacuate?
MC: Oh yeah. I suppose. Ok I'll do it now since you told me to.

-Friend dies-
MC: Oh.

And also, what is up with the princess? She doesn't act like her life is being threatened at all O.O
Jul 12, 2014 11:54 AM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Uber_Dewber said:
[/spoiler] Blah blah blah. Quit judging on two episodes, lol.

Why can't I have some misgivings about this episode again? I am judging based off of the first two episodes and only the two episodes, they just have a lot of pretty obvious problems. It can still improve later but right now it's been kind of disappointing cause every cliche thing I could have predicted has come to pass and what I was worried about in this show just being a mass of ham fistedly evil antagonists and emotionless protagonists is starting to look more and more like a reality.

The worst of it all is the plot gave the main character all the reason to develop several times in 1 episode. They just didn't develop him. Why? I guess they are going for the silent badass protagonist. Great, another boring protagonist who never develops. I don't care if it's the first 2 episodes, this episode proved to me that they wouldn't develop characters even if they were given the chance to.
Jul 12, 2014 11:55 AM
Oct 2010
WhiteWing13 said:
orangpelupa said:

for me, that scene feel deliberately "bad" because there is other story behind it. Just as you said, she is the PRINCESS.

for example, she deilberately faked her death and only a few people she personally trust know her plan. Although i still dont get why she did not have any comm device with her. it is weird.

heck, even the earthlings have cellphones.

I think it would acutlaly be a really good twist and something Urobutcher would be willing to do if it turned out she was letting the war happen for some greater purpose. Perhaps she thinks that she can unite mankind and the Vers against the martians who arranged her assassination, but to do that the war needs to rage on for a bit before she intervenes.

That would be good if both sides were actually taking losses, right now the Knights of Sidonia are just rampaging.
Jul 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
Story wise its decent... That cg was pretty jarring though...
Jul 12, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Keten said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

The worst of it all is the plot gave the main character all the reason to develop several times in 1 episode. They just didn't develop him. Why? I guess they are going for the silent badass protagonist. Great, another boring protagonist who never develops. I don't care if it's the first 2 episodes, this episode proved to me that they wouldn't develop characters even if they were given the chance to.
You really should care that it's the first 2 episodes. Oh, and there was development. Just because the main character shows no expression doesn't mean that he hasn't developed, he clearly has at the end of the episode. I have a strong distaste towards people that judge so early on, shows how patient you lot are.
Jul 12, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2012
So are we suppose to pretend that's not the princess?

Must say better than the first episode IMO. Mars is fucking the earth up. That guys robot was op as hell. It was cool though. I like how it was just walking and disintegrating things at the same time. I don't like Inaho that much. Like how he comes up with good plans and all, but he is to emotionless for me. I wonder how they are going to play decoy? Also the sound track was amazing.

3/5.
Jul 12, 2014 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
skudoops said:
DejWoSWK said:

And even if she contacted them,they would most likely not acknowledged it,as keen as they were on invading Earth.

I mean they'd still invade because the act of trying to assassinate her would be enough enough to provoke them, but at the same time, why would she choose to stay in disguise on the battlefield? Especially with the way her buddies are indiscriminately blowing up stuff. The only explanation for this is that she knew she would be targeted for assassination and is trying to avoid being recognized by her own people. If she truly wanted to meet with the earth leaders, why not reveal her true identity to a earth force soldier from the get go and get transported directly to them? This roundabout way she is taking makes very little sense to me.

Yes,that is true. Though she could be incognito because she is afraid that Terrans might attack her since she is Vers princess or take her hostage.

But if she wanted do stay in disguise because she wanted to avoid her own,well,with Martian's technology,it' safe to assume they would be able to follow transmissions,which would be required to let the higher ranks that they got their hands on the princess,because she would most likely need proper escort,because of how valuavle asset she would be and that would need to be command's decision.

Or maybe it is little bit of both.
Jul 12, 2014 11:58 AM
May 2013
This episode was decent all the way until the death of Okisuke. How the fuck was he still in the air flying? It's not like the car was going fast enough to create enough wind drag to uplift his body. I found the way they portrayed his death to be very stupid.
Jul 12, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Uber_Dewber said:
Keten said:

You really should care that it's the first 2 episodes. Oh, and there was development. Just because the main character shows no expression doesn't mean that he hasn't developed, he clearly has at the end of the episode. I have a strong distaste towards people that judge so early on, shows how patient you lot are.

Well,I have to agree on that development. Just because he did not say something that would show his development in shounen-esque style,does not mean that some change didn´t occur.
Jul 12, 2014 12:03 PM
Dec 2013
skudoops said:
WhiteWing13 said:

I think it would acutlaly be a really good twist and something Urobutcher would be willing to do if it turned out she was letting the war happen for some greater purpose. Perhaps she thinks that she can unite mankind and the Vers against the martians who arranged her assassination, but to do that the war needs to rage on for a bit before she intervenes.

That would be good if both sides were actually taking losses, right now the Knights of Sidonia are just rampaging.

But that's the thing! This is Urobutcher we're talking about! THe plan will backfire and the earthlings will still want war with the remaining martians because they took like no losses.
Jul 12, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2008
WatashiWaZero said:
This episode was decent all the way until the death of Okisuke. How the fuck was he still in the air flying? It's not like the car was going fast enough to create enough wind drag to uplift his body. I found the way they portrayed his death to be very stupid.

this anime does have a lot of things that does not work with our normal logic in this world. But i say, the suspension of disbelief is still much better than most anime.
Jul 12, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
WhiteWing13 said:
skudoops said:

But that's the thing! This is Urobutcher we're talking about! THe plan will backfire and the earthlings will still want war with the remaining martians because they took like no losses.

And they will want to attack Mars to "punish" the other Martians for what the Knights in orbital fortresses committed? Could be and it doesn't sound bad. If it will be the case,hopefully,it will be better executed.
Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM
Dec 2013
DejWoSWK said:
WhiteWing13 said:

And they will want to attack Mars to "punish" the other Martians for what the Knights in orbital fortresses committed? Could be and it doesn't sound bad. If it will be the case,hopefully,it will be better executed.

And it will fit with the series tagline: "Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall."
Jul 12, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
I knew the princess was alive, since they didn't show her face when she die. But I hope not all the martians are going to say they have God's power and follow the same pattern. The opening was pretty nice.
Jul 12, 2014 12:15 PM
May 2014
Well it was good. Not amazing just good. It felt like this epiaode was trying too hard to make us feel desperate and shove it on our face that there's shit going on. First half of the episode was meh but it picked up in the second half and although the OST fron Sawano is getting repetitive from all his last works, it still sounds amazing and fit the scenes quite well. 4/5
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Moonchipz said:
That CG used on the mechs is painful to watch.

Exactly what I thought. Really poor CG.
Nop.
Jul 12, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, Inaho seems like quite the stoic guy. OST is great so far though.
Jul 12, 2014 12:33 PM
Dec 2012
princessnight said:
I knew the princess was alive, since they didn't show her face when she die. But I hope not all the martians are going to say they have God's power and follow the same pattern. The opening was pretty nice.
What is this? Valvrave?
Egh so 2 episodes are not enough for intro of Urobutcher fest eh.
Feels like MuvLuv Total Eclipse.. Takes a few episodes to cleanse the earth..
Jul 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
There are many cities in Africa and they chose precisely the one where a live. Japan sure wants their people to know us.
Decent episode. As usual, the Op is not really that surprising knowing who is singing. Ed is ok.
Jul 12, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
-snip-

Are you going to do a bitter post every week? I feel like you're approaching this series looking to hate it/comparing it to Gundam. It's not Gundam. It's just Gen doing what he always does. I'll avoid your posts from now on.

Moonchipz said:

Really? There's a lot LOT worse out there. It wasn't that bad. I absolutely loved Gankutsuou but the CG in that made this show look like a movie.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 12, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
Wow never though I'd like those mech designs, they look awesome.

Did he really just?

I even heard him say the F-word..
I hear so many familiar VAs in this episode.

Jesus Christ, that douchebag in the purple mecha just kept pissing me off.
Inaho keeps his stuff together, I like him
Okisuke ;__;

The ost was amazing as first episode, great animation and build up. Amazing episode, felt lacking though. Can't wait for next.
Jul 12, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2013
WhiteWing13 said:
DejWoSWK said:

And it will fit with the series tagline: "Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall."

I think the Martians are partly split. There's small faction that would be loyal to the princess and accept the decisions of their rulers, while the rest were eager for war. For that reason they crafted a plan to assassinate their own princess in order to give them a reason to invade. It could be that Princess choose not to take part in the parade for two possible reasons, one she was not fully aware of their plan, but had some inkling of it and acted on the caution side, the other she really did suffer gravity sickness. The reason she hasn't tried to contact anyone from her own faction might because she believes the bulk of the invading forces will kill her if they learn she's actually alive, because the truth would raise questions and could lead to investigations that could get the conspirators in more than just a little bit of trouble. Treason against your emperor's daughter is nothing to joke about.
Jul 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Nov 2012

This just seems like bad mech design to me.
Having thrusters mounted on the legs, without any other thrusters to balance it's motion, would make it hard to control while it is in the air (eventually causing it to faceplant the ground). They should at least be placed on the mech's center of gravity, like somewhere near the waist and torso. Plus, those wings seem to be a complete dead weight when the mech is moving.

As for this mech, this one isn't invincible. Since it is able to walk on the ground, the "barrier" isn't coated on it's feet. If mines were set and it happened to step on one, the entire thing would fall. The pilot would be forced to disable the barrier to prevent it from sinking in the ground and to get back up. At that point he is pretty much allowing enemies to attack him.
Jul 12, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
I'm kinda wondering why Inaho didn't just ask someone below to hold his legs so he could use his both arms to grasp his friend? Simple things like that are beyond these kids but I'm supposed to believe they're gonna save the world somehow? Also I hope Inaho's complete and utter lack of reaction to anything is explained, no doubt he's been through some sort of traumatic event and is dead to the world otherwise I'm really not understanding why he barely blinks at his friends death/ the world ending.

Other then that part of the episode, was quite entertaining on a whole. I want to see more Marito, seems like a cool guy. No doubt he's sacrifice fodder for later on though... :(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 12, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
I felt the first episode showed some promise and this one was just a lazy and typical followup with more than a few eye rolling moments. I mean both episodes have the factor of nothing I couldn't have predicted transpiring and every prediction I make coming to pass pretty much. There have been literally zero surprises, it's honestly pretty typical for a military mecha show albeit a curiously cold and emotionless take on it with even more hamfisted villains than usual that reminds one of if you take the dialogue driven style of Fate/Zero which two of the principle creators worked on and try to transport it into an ongoing narrative about an interstellar conflict. So far it's not working particularly well. I just hope people don't think this is the best the genre has to offer all of a sudden because it's so up in your face about everything and directly on the nose.
TyrelJul 13, 2014 2:19 AM
Jul 12, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
I seriously hope that they wont go for "bunch of kids destroyed invincible robots/empire" (while whole armies couldn't scratch) and I will be more "we barely survived, then exposed the "let's kill our princess and use it to wipe Earth as an excuse" to start Marsian infighting". Cause, let's face it, it's only viable option to win (or more like not to get completely wiped out) against them.
Jul 12, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, this was bad. Utterly bad. Such a horrible writing, dropping this for good.

What I expected: Humanity in crysis, fear, despair, panic, people fleeing in face of those advanced machines. Clever dialogues. Smart decisions.
What I actualy got: Some random indiferent, characters giving half-cooked illogical orders and then dying.
Emotional impact: None.

Execution was terrible, CG was horrible, actual scenes didn't fit together well and actual plot was almost nonexistent. And MC was... when I say he is blank and emotionless it would be too kind to him.

Do I want to watch this farce of mecha genre any further? No.
Jul 12, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Hiroyuki Sawano's music, sends a massive chill down my spine, such eargasm music that he created in this episode.

Inaho has that badass personality when he is so nonchalant of something around him. I think I'm going to like his character throughout its run. Though there are some flaws I might see him when he is doing something, like he is too calm in a sort of way.

Well at least the Princess is safe and humanity needs to retaliate at some point to push the Empire out of Earth. Ah, why is Saturday animes have the best ones, (SAO 2, Mahouka, and this :D)
omega_d94Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 12, 2014 1:17 PM
Nov 2012
Wow intense episode, should've guessed the MC's friend would die due to his absence in the opening. Took me awhile to realize the princess was the scarfed girl, hopefully she'll assist the earthlings in taking down those OP Vers' Mechs. I don't quite know what to think of the MC yet, but I like that he isn't the preachy whiny type, only wish he would show some emotion. I almost lol'd when the sergeant ran out of the car only to die in an instant. Kalafina opening FTW! Only gripe is that some of the visuals in the op felt underwhelming.
Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
Why are they even trying to fight the martians if they don't stand a chance its completely retarded. Also the main character in this anime is like a male fucking Rei. I really don't understand why the made him so emotionless it's very uninteresting to watch a main character who doesn't give a fuck. And whats the deal with the CGI it looks good sometimes but other times it looks like complete crap.
Jul 12, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode.

The mecha fight was pretty badass.

It was sad to see Okojo lost his life.
Jul 12, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah, Kalafina opening is godly, didn't expect anything but god-tier from them.

Upsetting that his friend had to die, but still, MC keeps his cool.
Thought his sister and badass sister friend were going to die this episode, but luckily they didn't.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing big character development from the red haired girl, she seemed so happy that her father helped start the destruction of mankind.
Jul 12, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
Moonchipz said:

Oh boy here we go again. 3DCG whiners are just the worst.
Jul 12, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Those terran mechs seem utterly pointless. Why would you make a mech if you equip them with low caliber weapons. They dont even have a firepower of a tank. I guess they have mobility and better survivability but without real firepower it seems useless.

CGI looks pretty bad but its tolerable.

It was a decent episode... didnt like it as much as the first one.
Jul 12, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
OST Awesome as always, Inaho is really indiferent wat is cool :)
Jul 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
everything is perfect so far except the ED and the fact that inaho showed no emotion when his friend died
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.