Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
Yay more Persona 4....But geez it felt weird and rushed, Plus Yuu was so drastically different it felt weird. But it's okay that it felt rushed since I'VE ALREADY PLAYED THE GAMES AND SEEN THE FIRST ANIME, so long as they don't rush the new content I'm fine with it. Yuu is going to be an interesting development due to his new personality.

Also YAY MARIES!!!
Jul 17, 2014 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
It's so sped up and rushed. It's a bit hard to watch after just starting to play P4G again. Also it's a bit different as I had gotten used to the English versions.

The NG+ idea is interesting though.

Not a good jump spot for people that aren't familiar with the series.

Interesting that Yu seems to retain some memories.
Jul 17, 2014 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
dejavu! Yu is too badass.
Jul 17, 2014 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
mystik said:

Interesting that Yu seems to retain some memories.

What gave you that impression he retained some memories?
Jul 18, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2012
fight scenes r better in this one
Jul 18, 2014 6:38 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome, especially the soundtrack timing I just love how it goes
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 19, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
Really really don't like it.
Yu Narukami acts like he always knew everybody and he his way too badass, for a guy who has just arrived in a new town.
He don't even really introduces himself to Chie, Yukiko and Yosuke, they simply... speak.
Then they randomly explain the fact of Midnight Channel and, always randomly, go into the TV World.
There they meet Kuma that acts just like Yu, and in the end THE EPIC FIGHT (I'm ironic).

Oh. My. God.
Seriously, why all those shadows and that SO FREAKING POWERFUL IZANAGI?! Explosions, lightnings, I've never seen so many random things all together.
Meh, how to ruin a masterpiece.

And, in the end, only 12 episodes? For something so intricate and complicated like Persona 4? Nah, this is just a commercial anime.

1/5
Jul 21, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2013
Fantastic first episode. It shows Marie and her scenes with Yu. I didn't like how they skipped important parts like the reporter's murder, Yosuke wanting to piss inside the TV or the scene where he breaks Chie's DVD but the fight between Izanagi and the bazillion shadows made up for it.
Jul 21, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly, I'm quite appreciative of the fast pacing. I was a little reluctant to start watching this at first as I thought it was going to be a repeat air of the previous anime with the Golden exclusives added to make things interesting. Not that I would ever pass on it though, the story and characters are too great that I wouldn't mind replaying the game and watching the anime on repeat (if I had the time).

As such, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted to discover the NG+ take on this anime. This anime is clearly not suitable for those who haven't experience Persona 4 before either through the game or previous anime as the protagonist will come off as a major Gary Sue. Not only will he seem to know exactly what to say and do, he is unbelievably overpowered and his confidence might come off as arrogance... That is, if you don't realise that this is a NG+ protag who probably went through grinding hell and experienced much painful ignorance and confusion in his 'previous life'.

You could say that the Golden animation is 'Season 2' to the previous anime, or 'OVAs' featuring the Golden exclusive content. Instead of focusing on the story progression and character buildup (which had been covered in 'Season 1'), here we get to skip (or more accurately, skim through) the foundations and enjoy the new content.

If you're looking for more character focus on Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Rise, Teddy, Naoto and the Dojimas check out the previous anime.

If not... then here's to the Golden animation! I can't wait to see the entire Marie-plot unfold. Not to mention Adachi as Golden gives him a more in-depth character. And most definitely the new Golden cutscenes. Snowstorms, anyone?
Jul 21, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2011
Yamida said:
For people who really think P4A looks better than P4GA.

I beg to differ.
Here are some comparison of scenes from P4GA and P4A (BD):
http://imgur.com/a/MrCKN#14

I'm gonna update it with every new episode.

Nice work there. Igor looks totaly handsome now. I think I'm falling for him.
Jul 22, 2014 2:52 AM

Dec 2013
Lol Yu forcing King moron to give him a handshake! XD
Jul 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 2010
P4A was better.. Part of what made Yu so awesome was that he didn't talk much. And the animation in this new one looks weird.
Jul 27, 2014 11:09 AM
Mar 2011
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE. It's like they took a giant... no, HUMONGOUS shit on the entire Persona franchise.

THIS is supposed to be better than the first Persona 4 anime? (By the way, can someone explain why do people hate the first anime? Or are they just ignorant fucktards who can't take an adaptation because it skips the time in the game when nothing significant happens and the content is overall boring as fuck, just like with danganronpa?)
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
Aug 1, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
I can't I really understand what's going on but I guess I give it a chance.
Aug 2, 2014 11:11 PM

Mar 2010
the idea of having an anime for ng+ is just horrible new viewers are lost and previous are just watching the same thing with an extra arc thrown in.

That being said as people have said the pacing is pretty bad from this episode. almost no character introduction or context of what's happening. The MC right now feels distant and kind of empty.
Nov 7, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
Amelanduil said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE. It's like they took a giant... no, HUMONGOUS shit on the entire Persona franchise.

THIS is supposed to be better than the first Persona 4 anime? (By the way, can someone explain why do people hate the first anime? Or are they just ignorant fucktards who can't take an adaptation because it skips the time in the game when nothing significant happens and the content is overall boring as fuck, just like with danganronpa?)

1. How did they take a "dump" on the Persona franchise?
2. People didn't like the animation/certain changes to the story/rushed social links/ect.
3. Please don't defend the garbage anime adaptation that Dangan Ronpa got.

Nov 7, 2014 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
jchang said:
the idea of having an anime for ng+ is just horrible new viewers are lost and previous are just watching the same thing with an extra arc thrown in.

That being said as people have said the pacing is pretty bad from this episode. almost no character introduction or context of what's happening. The MC right now feels distant and kind of empty.

I disagree.
The MC in this adaptation has more of a personality than he did in the first adaptation.

Mar 30, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Nice episode and I'm okay with the pacing, seeing the entire story once again would be redundant and a bit boring. I like how he handled King Moron and the scene with Izanagi was really cool, even if exaggerated. I like the animation of the original more, especially the faces looked better imo.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 31, 2020 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
Damn the animation really has improved quite a bit when compared to the previous P4 anime. So I guess this is just a alternative version with some new character and things seem to be moving pretty fast since this has only 12 eps. Yuu really feels different at the start of this version, as if he restarted this world to do this all over again while keeping his previous stats and stuff lol.

Jun 20, 2021 6:54 PM

Dec 2015
Chad Narukami being on a NewGame+ mode, I see...
Aug 21, 2022 9:31 PM
May 2022
Its just good thats all
May 22, 2023 3:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the usual start (even though it's done somewhat differently) but feels rushed already... at least we have Marie now :D And I'm surprised they used the game's opening actually.
Jul 2, 2023 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
Show isn't rated high, but it seems off to an outstanding start. Marie has the tsundere act spot on.

I'll hold off on rating the show. But I like it very much so far.

0ni_Link said:
Chad Narukami being on a NewGame+ mode, I see...

Lol yeah his move was way too powerful for a first battle
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.