Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2009 10:03 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH SHI- at the end of the episode. Killing off pretty major characters already?

Stunning episode in imo all aspects. Production values were absolutely top notch, the April vs Goran was just great and the introduction of Suou, who is a very likeable character was very well handled. Soo many other possibly interesting characters like Tanya or the Magician (KnK5 anyone?) got also made their first appearance.
Very little Hei and no Yin, but that was to be expeted since the new characters have to be introduced. While I totally did expect Hei & co to show up at the end of the episode, I wasn't expecting his appearance to be like that. And what's up with the Mao lookalike (at least I hope that it was a lookalike >_>)...evil teasing producers.

Lol @ Hei bumming around in the preview. Looks like that'll mean that we'll get some backflashes to fill the gap between the first and the second season as Hei still has short hair there.
yakisobapanOct 8, 2009 7:38 PM
Oct 8, 2009 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
Super speed, blonde guy gets killed by April...April when trying to help Suou escape gets killed by Hei.
and Tanya who can control bugs gets "captured" away. IN order to use her bug powers she needs to pull her hair off. ( nasty power)
Shion is gone~ T_T and Suuo is in the verge of danger, cuz badass Hei is gunna go after her.
Mao gets shot by april. LOL 1 hit ko.
kerobearOct 9, 2009 3:35 PM
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 8, 2009 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
a truly amazing episode, I thought I have forgot everything, absolute eveything from 1st season, but when I watched this, I kind of remember them all again lol...

coming from bones, i think we dont need to discuss about the animation quality.
Theres an indeed very nice ED, kind of feel like OP of TM8.0, and climax plus cliffhanger at the end, feels really refreshing, especially after you keep watching those moe, fanservice shits over and over again lol....GJ!
Oct 8, 2009 6:44 PM

Sep 2009
Great way off kick off a new season.

My only complaint was: No opening animation yet.

Oct 8, 2009 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
kerobear said:

Mao gets shot by april. LOL 1 hit ko.

I refuse to believe that it was Mao. >_>

I'm really curious about if Hei is part of the military, or acting on his own. My guess would be the latter, in any case.
yakisobapanOct 8, 2009 8:41 PM
Oct 8, 2009 9:13 PM

Mar 2008
That was a nice killl (April killing that speed dude) , rain drops turn into bullet at high speed

but wow, Mao got shot

Suou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 8, 2009 9:27 PM
May 2009
Subs might be coming from Koharubi ( http://kyou-wa.koharubi.de/ ) soon. Post please if anyone else is subbing it!
Oct 8, 2009 11:56 PM

Jun 2008
No OP?! NOW I'VE LOST IT!

a ton of action and people dead already!!
Oct 9, 2009 12:00 AM

Mar 2007
Nice episode, maybe I should go finish watching the first season now.
Oct 9, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
wow, yesterday i finished watching first season, and now the second one started o-O
Oct 9, 2009 1:35 AM

Oct 2009
One comment in french: Superbe episode puis superbe retour! C'est franchement tres bon! In english it would be great episode!

smokes said:
wow, yesterday i finished watching first season, and now the second one started o-O

Same here and glad it happened because now I have a fresh memory unlike other people who saw it long ago. Really good I picked this up.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 9, 2009 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
I just want to be on the first page.

Better than most shit airing.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Oct 9, 2009 3:20 AM
Jul 2008
BSS subs are out.

Anyway great start!
Ditto-SenseiOct 9, 2009 6:40 AM
Oct 9, 2009 4:14 AM

Dec 2007
Brilliant first episode, really looking forward to more.

but ye, Hei looked kinda, eh, bad. Guess he's been having a rough time since last.
Oct 9, 2009 4:15 AM

Oct 2009
Compared to most people who swear we have a good expression called: "Sacree Bleu!" So.....Sacree Bleu Hei killed April. This is second time I am seeing this episode and a third will soon follow. I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water? Another thing is Tania's power does what with the bugs? Eats you? Fanservice of Suo in this series? This is too bad....I liked April in first season a lot. Well Suo was cute. I came here with questions to understand anime and so who is that little kid that is blond? That guy is funny who has to eat hamburgers and his power. I hope someone can explain to a newbie like me.

Oct 9, 2009 5:00 AM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode. It was even better then most of the first season, which was great. Easily best of this season so far, and its unlikely that it will change. Probably the best first episode I have ever seen.

Although I heard the full version of the ED a week ago, it was still nice. And the OP should be great as well (was that the start that played in the episode?).

Charliehsv said:
Looks like that'll mean that we'll get some backflashes to fill the gap between the first and the second season as Hei still has short hair there.

Don't think so? Isn't that meant for the dvd extra episodes?
Oct 9, 2009 5:07 AM
Dec 2008
Man the 1st episode just blew me away. So many thing happened in a short period of time, already they're killing characters (though I don't mind that) It just caught me off guard, it was probably because of the light start of the episode. Hei looks colder and ruthless than before, obviously something big happened to him. This is the only anime this season that got me jumping in excitement.

oh god, waiting for another week is gonna be painful X_X
Oct 9, 2009 5:16 AM

Feb 2008
Good first episode.
Oct 9, 2009 5:17 AM

Aug 2008
Gee thanks Darker than Black. Way to go to make everything else this season look painfully inferior.

BTW, I was a bit worried when Yoko Kanno wasn't doing the music for this season but so far I think I prefer the music this time round rather than last seasons
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Oct 9, 2009 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
Good first epi. Kinda disturbed by adding a kawaiiii-my-ass loli and boing-service of April towards the end of the ep.

For the ep - 8.5/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 9, 2009 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
AndreAtomic said:
BBS subs are out.

Anyway great start!

don't you mean BSS?

francismeunier said:
I came here with questions to understand anime and so who is that little kid that is blond?

the little kid is July.. he's the "doll" in April's group which uses glass as a medium.. unlike Yin (also a "doll"), who uses water..

well.. amazing.. for me, this seems to be the only masterpiece quality anime among fall.. hope they keep it up..
Oct 9, 2009 5:23 AM
Jun 2008
Haha April pulled a Matrix "Dodge This" on that guy without even saying it.

Can't dodge the Rain buddy.

and HEI WHY!, why kill April?! I loved April!, she survived car explosions and everything, and you just go and kill her!

He looks so..deprived under the mask, Yin isn't taking care of him properly..
Oct 9, 2009 5:26 AM

Mar 2008
:O i love it!! Didn't expect it to be so good!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 5:33 AM

Oct 2008
Well I think this will be anime of the season but kinda disappoint with only 12 episodes >.< I think April die is way too fast but I think that will be fine actually i don't really with then. After i finished watch this first episode i feel like Hei, he will die at the end of the show. Influence from previously season and BONES it producer O_o
Oct 9, 2009 5:40 AM

Oct 2009
argilium said:
AndreAtomic said:
BBS subs are out.

Anyway great start!

don't you mean BSS?

francismeunier said:
I came here with questions to understand anime and so who is that little kid that is blond?

the little kid is July.. he's the "doll" in April's group which uses glass as a medium.. unlike Yin (also a "doll"), who uses water..

well.. amazing.. for me, this seems to be the only masterpiece quality anime among fall.. hope they keep it up..

Ah ok thanks, I must have short memory even if I watched it just recently. Maybe I should rewatch the first season? April is dead so July is going to do what now?

AceSoldia said:
Haha April pulled a Matrix "Dodge This" on that guy without even saying it.

Can't dodge the Rain buddy.

and HEI WHY!, why kill April?! I loved April!, she survived car explosions and everything, and you just go and kill her!

He looks so..deprived under the mask, Yin isn't taking care of him properly..
Yeah me too liked April a lot. Going to add her now. I still do not understand how Hei could kill her like that????

Oct 9, 2009 5:48 AM

Dec 2008
Awesome episode.
Oct 9, 2009 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
Very nice start.
Like that the Russian Contractor has to eat hamburgers for his payment.
Oct 9, 2009 6:40 AM
Jul 2008
argilium said:
AndreAtomic said:
BBS subs are out.

Anyway great start!

don't you mean BSS?

lol, that's right
Oct 9, 2009 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
Great ep!!! But just when Hei appeared it ended >_<! Cant wait for the next one =DDD

And why does it have only 12 episodes? :'( *cries*
Oct 9, 2009 7:04 AM

Jan 2009
Tell me its not true 12 episodes please this show started out great and if you no darker than black it will just keep getting better and better.
Oct 9, 2009 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
DarthVantos said:
Tell me its not true 12 episodes please this show started out great and if you no darker than black it will just keep getting better and better.
Its 16 not 12. 12 TV eps + 4 DVD only ones (read the news thread).
Oct 9, 2009 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
DeathReaper said:
Great ep!!! But just when Hei appeared it ended >_<! Cant wait for the next one =DDD

And why does it have only 12 episodes? :'( *cries*

That is good question. Maybe they will end this with this season? Maybe make another season? Maybe get lots of $$$$$$ to make another season with this? Anyone think something else?
metalsnakezero said:
Very nice start.
Like that the Russian Contractor has to eat hamburgers for his payment.

Yeah that was funny.

Oct 9, 2009 7:19 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
That is good question. Maybe they will end this with this season? Maybe make another season? Maybe get lots of $$$$$$ to make another season with this? Anyone think something else?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, lets hope so =)
Oct 9, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, where could I watch this?!
Oct 9, 2009 7:32 AM

May 2009
Downloading it off torrents or direct downloads is the best option.

Pretty cool episode, but looking forward to more Hei.
Oct 9, 2009 7:35 AM

Dec 2007
no OP, ED sucks. honestly, people, I get it - it's this damn crisis, pain in the ass... but at least apply so animation, cause it's animu, not manga.
and a lol'd so hard on their Russian elements. so much fail.
Oct 9, 2009 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
Nitre said:
Downloading it off torrents or direct downloads is the best option.

Pretty cool episode, but looking forward to more Hei.

Nitre do you think you could help me with making an anime list?
You got msn?
Oct 9, 2009 7:44 AM

Aug 2008
Finally sequel of my second favourite Bones' series is out :D Awesome, but needs Misaki and more Hei.
Oct 9, 2009 7:48 AM

Nov 2008
Suou was nice :P That little fanservice wasn't that bad either.
And Hei was cool again~
One of the best from this season so far
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 9, 2009 7:57 AM

May 2008
The wait was worth it. So badass for a first ep, and outta nowhere too, since the first half was relatively slow.
Oct 9, 2009 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome, I've been dying to see this ever since I saw the first season. For a while there I was beginning to think that nothing was going to happen in this episode, but those last 5 or so minutes were awesome.

I can't believe that guy dies so fast ( and by a raindrop no less), and i can't believe Hei killed April, she was kinda cool. Was that really Mao though? Would they really kill him without any sort of introduction?
Oct 9, 2009 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Absolutely awesome. The new characters are already very likeable. I see a lot of potential in Shion and Suou. I wonder why Hei's so much quicker to kill people off now. Hopefully, we'll get flashbacks.

I'm rather shocked at how fast they killed off April. I rather liked her!

The BGM was great! I wasn't really expecting much since Yoko Kanno isn't the composer this time, but it was still excellent.

Also, NEEDS. MOAR. YIN.

That aside, 10/10

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Nov 2008

He looks exactly like Satou from Welcome to the NHK XD

Oct 9, 2009 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
@^

haha exactly.

Awesome Start!
Oct 9, 2009 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.

francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.

Oct 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2007
Hei is such a bum from the previews. XD

Anyway, pretty good first episode. Wonder what happened between the time of season 1's ending and season 2.

And this season is really only 12 episodes? Thought it'll be around 25 like last season.
Oct 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
Lololol Hei the villain xD And what's up with his hairdo?
The fight between April and Goran was amazing. I loved the animation and music, and that Suou girl really seems likeable :) I was complaining that we were going to get a new main character, but not anymore. HEIHEIHEI. When April was talking to that guy on the phone...'It's an adult. Asian. With a mask' - I jumped, that's how much I wanted to see him again. Ehehe. I'm hopeless.
I want more Nika, he was so adorable. FRECKLESSS~

And um...the moment that Magician guy walked into the bar, I thought Viral o.o Lol, no apparent reason. Maybe the hair and eyes, a little. DON'T SHOOT.

Oh yeah, April's dead.
O wate, wut? O___O
(anybody misses November like I do? D:)

quicksilverzx said:
No OP?! NOW I'VE LOST IT!

XDDD I KNOW I CAN KILL.
But seriosuly, I was disappointed too D: OP and ED are one of the things I'm looking forward the most in a new series.

Andand is it weird that I dig scruffy Hei so much?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 9, 2009 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
KingDeadKira said:

LOL!!!!
THIS!!!!!
Oct 9, 2009 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
hanabira said:
That scene where April killed the Mao lookalike (at least I hope it was a lookalike) was cruel, Bones. So cruel.

It was a great episode though. I was worried that season 2 might turn out terrible but it looks like I didn't have to worry afterall.

Looking forward to moar chinese electric batman, and hopefully Yin too.

francismeunier said:
I don't understand: How can Hei kill April when his head was in water?

He probably electrocuted her. See images under the spoiler.

Ok thanks but point was: electrocuting while water around should make you also electrocuted so why it did not happen? That I do not understand. I remember first season Hei power comes from his body to pass electricity.

KingDeadKira said:

Oh great thanks for pic posts. My point here is Hei+alcohol=possible depression but they might only explain it in DVD extra episodes like it says in news? So all have to wait and that = to many angry I assume?
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
francismeunierOct 9, 2009 9:08 AM

Oct 9, 2009 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
My bet to all is Hei cannot save his sister because she is dead or someone important to Hei died like maybe Amber? Not sure.
We already know from the last season that Amber's dead and Hei can't save his sister.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.