Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2016 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
I am glad I get to watch this whole thing without waiting lol.

This is a great anime. 8/10
Sep 3, 2016 2:17 AM

Feb 2016
6 or 7/10 for me . I still can't understand how can kimusuji win the first day and win over the sprinter in the second day ( he even won on the mountain ) , and still has power to keep up , when we saw the other racers break after going all out just for one time

Add to that drifting for others doesn't make anysense , cause you can simple use the other teams . In real life , you see all the racers on one line .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Dec 14, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well, this was a huge let down. I was really enjoying this for the first 18-20 episodes, basically anything before the race starts. But then we come out of the gate with abs guy and it just went downhill from there, no pun intended. The evil guy that was evil just to be evil was really boring, Tadokoro feeling better and being able to overtake people because he was singing an anime OP. It just was all so damn bad after the race started. Don't even get me started on the blue balls ending were they could've ended the second day but decided to make it a cliffhanger. Geez, this turned into a failure so fast. I watched this because I saw it was getting a third season in January but I don't think I'm going to continue this one, it was just too much of a disappointment. Damn, I'm just so bummed with the shift the show took after the race started because I was having a lot of fun with this one, oh well.

6/10
Apr 14, 2017 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome anime, probably gonna end up as my favorite, 10/10 for me... I honestly believe that anime's strongest point is characters, character development, flashbacks, character relatioships, interactions. And just the fact that i could feel for every character is amazing, except Midosouji (for now at least) I also liked how the rival team is not antagonist one and they are really likable.
As far as my favorites go. I like every Sohoku member and all Hakone's members. Sohoku members more tho. My favorites go as follows Makishima>Todokoro>Naruko>Onoda>Kinjou>Imaizumi>Toudou>Arakita>Shinkai>Izumida

AS far as the episode goes. Hakone catching up was amazing and Fukutomi's stone eyes and his trust in team was amazing. The best part was Sohoku catching up to them. Fukutomi believed they will too. Thanks to amazing Makishima and Onoda's climbing, they managed to do it. Really liked how Naruko called Onoda his friend and said that he won't let him fall, and after Onoda almost fell Imaizumi caught him, telling him to stay strong as the race is almost over. Honestly showed how much close they are and how good of friends they are with Onoda. (anime started with Onoda having no friends so it's big development they showed at the end).
I also love how they were changing the drafter every time. Can't believe Tadokoro started drafting for them with his insane powerup and then Naruko drafted, that part was amazing even Fukutomi was amazed.
And i just loved the Kinjou x Fukutomi's realationship, rivalry one. Fukutomi admitting that Kinjou's team is the only one who brings him delight and challenge. He couldn't believe he was feeling happiness for another team.

The final battle started and it looks like Midosouji switched to plan #49. Honestly how anyone in their right mind will remember all these different plans LMAO. Really enjoyed seeing his shock after he saw that Sohoku caught up. No one, No one believed they would. Except Fukutomi, Izumida and Toudou probably.
Sohoku showing everyone that even if someone is exhausted they will help him and work as a team,evident by their drafting at the end where they would change drafter.

Jun 12, 2019 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, they really ended it on a cliffhanger. I'm just not gonna watch the sequels and believe in my heart that Hakone managed to win in the end. For how much people praised this as one of the best sports anime, it failed badly to live up to expectations.
Jun 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2015
That left us hanging, since there was still so much intensity in the race. Sohoku making its comeback was great, especially when Imaizumi held Onoda when he was about to give up. I'm glad Imaizumi finally held his head high after getting defeated by Midousuji and able to lift up the spirit of his teammate. As for Hakone, I guess they aren't giving in either since the members have started to combine again. I can't wait for the sequel, to see who will take it!

Overall enjoyable series with good characters along with a splendid animation! I will make sure the second season is on my list of priorities.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Sep 2018
I want Sohoku to win, not because they are the protagonist but because they deserve it.
Jun 23, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
That's a very weird way to end a season.
It already had an uncommon number of episodes so you think they could have at least ended on the final of the second race.

Oh well, it's not an issue at this point in time.
Mar 4, 2021 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Sohoku catching up last minute, Midousuji was shook xD They went all out with the hype and intensity.

Still can't believe they ended this part right there. Thank God I don't have to wait this time.

Before my rewatch this anime has been an 8/10 on my list. Now after hundreds of anime later as well as this rewatch, I gotta say it's easily a 9/10. There's quite no other anime with so much cheesy energy and over the top characters in the sports genre.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2021 12:54 PM
Feb 2021
MorelMcCarnathy said:
Awful way to end the season, in my opinion. It feels really incomplete, and I really wished it would've ended with a winner decided. Now when we come back from the season break, we're rushed into an extremely exciting situation; But the tension's all gone.

Yes!! I feel like this isn't a cliffhanger it's just straight up not finishing the season. Really frustrating even though I don't have to wait for the sequel, it makes the inter-high feel way more drawn out than it needs to, which ruins the tension!!
Jul 26, 2021 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
Incredibly weird to have this last episode of the season end on such a nasty cliffhanger just when Sohoku, Hakone and Kyoto Fushimi were having an intense sprint to the finishline. At times bit dragged out but really great season.

Jan 9, 2023 8:31 AM
Dec 2022
So exciting! But how they are going to end the season like that!
Jan 30, 10:28 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I enjoyed the first couple episodes of this show. Then it quickly devolved into the typical shounen slop. At my age, I really don't enjoy looking at high school boys acting like they're still in elementary school.
3/10.
Feb 17, 12:02 AM
Jan 2021
very informational abt how bike works and how exciting it is to ride one
Apr 15, 3:45 PM
Apr 2020
gostei, acho o tema bicicleta divertido para um anime, nunca gostei de anime de esporte mas esse me cativou
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

120 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 12:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.