Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 2014 11:08 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my God, Shit is getting serious !
Jul 4, 2014 9:15 AM
May 2014
i can smell death in the next chapter
Jul 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
Kaimon said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Mein/Tatsumi relationship seems really forced?

Nope, I feel the same.
Jul 6, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Kaimon said:

Mein will be killed. I'm not 100% certain, but it's been pretty obvious. Takahiro is a formulaic storyteller and the only reason why that shipping ever happen is for Takahiro to kill Mein and then adding forced character development for Tatsumi. Now again, i'm not saying i'm 100% certain but Takahiro has been so predictable since Chelsea's,
Jul 7, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
So much happened this chapter.

"Delicious blood", haha she was cute.
God dam! Budo, Syura and Esdese are all together cornering Tatsumi. Esdese found out about Tatsumi? Sihitt, I miss the times when they were loveydovey. What is she going to do??

Rip Lubo, I honestly didn't expect him to stay on board so long.
Jul 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Mar 2013
Kaimon said:

IMO its forced now to set up her death by someone like Wave giving Tatsumi an actual reason to fight him since I think Wave would be the one person he'd hesitate to kill.

Also I think Tatsumi is going to get saved by Esdese's time freeze OPness, but shes gonna lock him up tight some place for her own personal pleasure. String dudes toast though. We got closure to his one story line, being in love with the boss(unknowingly rejected), so he has no more use..
Jul 8, 2014 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
RedgraveGilver said:
Kaimon said:

Mein will be killed. I'm not 100% certain, but it's been pretty obvious. Takahiro is a formulaic storyteller and the only reason why that shipping ever happen is for Takahiro to kill Mein and then adding forced character development for Tatsumi. Now again, i'm not saying i'm 100% certain but Takahiro has been so predictable since Chelsea's,

agree, now Takahiro become predictable.

But how the fuck Tatsumi can get out from the Palace? even Night Raid can't save them now.
well, it looks like Rabac will die. but if He die then it wil be hard to set a trap in their base now.

hopefully Esdese will save both of them. (but it looks like Tatsumi will be the only one that can be saved because Rabac is unconscious)
Jul 8, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Finally caught up to the manga. And first of all, I truly despise the new names :S. Will be hard getting used to those.

I'm liking the Mein/Tatsumi relationship more and more. Their interaction in this chapter was just so adorable. Loved how she declared that she'd make Tatsumi forget Esdese :3.
Sadly, I feel like her death was sealed the moment Tatsumi recognized that he also fell for her. Not saying there were no death flags before that, especially that prophecy. Her death (while protecting him?) and his inability to protect her will probably become his motivation for becoming stronger. How much I hope thinks won't turn out this predictable. Would be sad to have their relationship reduced to a steppingstone for Tatsumi's growth. I'm liking Mein to much for that at this point.

lol @ that loli vampire's reaction. Tatsumi getting his own Shinobu now!?

Finally Esdese found out the truth. What a cliffhanger! This could go anywhere from here. Definitely looking excited for the next chapter!
Jul 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2011
Esdese will probably help Tatsumi out (for now). She's a little surprised, but it's not like she wasn't prepared for this after recognizing his voice from before, and him straight up telling her when they first met he was planning on joining the opposing side.
Jul 9, 2014 4:19 PM
Jan 2012
Cinerary said:
Esdese will probably help Tatsumi out (for now). She's a little surprised, but it's not like she wasn't prepared for this after recognizing his voice from before, and him straight up telling her when they first met he was planning on joining the opposing side.

Yeah, I doubt she'll attack anyone to save Tatsumi. I'm going to go with she'll use her trump card move to stop time and get them out. I imagine Lubbock is captured/dead next chapter since Esdese doesn't care about him.

Another possibility is Esdese moves both of them to the torture chamber so she can keep an eye on them (unlikely scenario).

I can't see a fight breaking out in the courtyard unless Esdese beats the eff out of Shura for what he did to her subordinate.

Mein will probably die in a chapter or two after next. Same with Najenda. She might be able to live after using her trump card 3 times, but she'll get taken out I feel. Remaining members: Tatsumi, Leone, and Akame

I can't really predict what will happen to Esdese since she did tell the members of Jaeger that their lives took priority over capturing Tatsumi
Jul 11, 2014 3:38 PM
Jan 2014
Well, that's one hell of a cliffhanger. I don't see how they would make it other than Esdesu helping them. Even so I fear that Rabac might die. Please don't do that. :( ( If someone has to die from NR, let it be Najenda or Leone ... Sorry girls, but the others are too precious )

Main X Tatsumi Yay! It's cute. But I so don't want her to die. But I guess it's inevitable now that she's Tatsumi's girlfriend. If Esdesu is the one who dares do it, I hope Tatsumi butchers her afterwards.

Jaegers have it tough too. I always liked Wave and I've grown to like Ran and Kurome aswell. (Not to talk about Bors ... R.I.P. ) Poor Ran, he really should've finished Champ on the place. Kurome isn't doing well now, both physically and mentally. She does have some cute interactions with Wave, but I fear that she is gonna die soon. (Even coughting out blood, eh? ) Wonder what Wave would do if he is the only Jaeger left ?
Jul 11, 2014 5:05 PM

May 2012
afirdaus07 said:
agree, now Takahiro become predictable.

IMO Takahiro started getting predictable as soon as the tone of the show was set (ever since scissor girl and gay dude died). After that happened, it's been pretty formulative. You get some characters who get built up and then get killed off and it's probably going to happen again this time with Mein.
Jul 11, 2014 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
Well, hi!... i'm new to the series and to the forum.i just finished reading all the 50 chapters, , and i think maybe it's possible for Tatsumi and Lubbock to run away , remember how him got away from that island with Esdeath.
So i think he can try use that marker to teleport again(he would have to make Syura activate it, maybe by fooling him) .

If nothing of this happens. I think Budo will stop the mess since he don't want bloodshed in the palace.

Anyway. Bye Lubbock(he's a dead guy)!!lol
='(

Sorry for the ''engrish''
Jul 12, 2014 5:43 AM
Jan 2014
mac9955 said:
Kaimon said:

Mein's just there as a device to push Tatsumi. The relationship also seemed spur of the moment to me as well, they were building up Akame/Tatsumi from the beginning, and changed course pretty randomly. So I figure that it was done to have Tatsumi get in a relationship and have his lover die and he goes bat shit crazy or something of that nature.

It's predictable, but I don't think this was a bad route to go in. Logical motivation for the main character.

It didn't really feel that forced to me. And I do think they make a nice couple. But I hate that the outcome is inevitable. Though if it really will be Esdesu who does it, I hope Tatsumi massacres her.
Jul 12, 2014 6:18 AM
Jun 2014
MasaneX said:
mac9955 said:

Mein's just there as a device to push Tatsumi. The relationship also seemed spur of the moment to me as well, they were building up Akame/Tatsumi from the beginning, and changed course pretty randomly. So I figure that it was done to have Tatsumi get in a relationship and have his lover die and he goes bat shit crazy or something of that nature.

It's predictable, but I don't think this was a bad route to go in. Logical motivation for the main character.

It didn't really feel that forced to me. And I do think they make a nice couple. But I hate that the outcome is inevitable. Though if it really will be Esdesu who does it, I hope Tatsumi massacres her.

I think that's the point of the relationship, because if you remember, the last time Esdesu and Tatsumi were about to fight Tatsumi said something to the effect of "Part of me doesn't want to fight her". It's probably going to be that restraint from fighting Esdesu that gets Mein killed and after she dies, Tatsumi will finally fight Esdesu.
Jul 12, 2014 7:30 AM
Jan 2014
mac9955 said:
MasaneX said:

I think that's the point of the relationship, because if you remember, the last time Esdesu and Tatsumi were about to fight Tatsumi said something to the effect of "Part of me doesn't want to fight her". It's probably going to be that restraint from fighting Esdesu that gets Mein killed and after she dies, Tatsumi will finally fight Esdesu.

A reason like that isn't worth Main's death, but what can we do ... I am so not looking forward to that.

Btw. I was surprised when I saw that Esdesu is the most favorite character of the show. ( I don't even have her in the Top 10 O.o )
Jul 12, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh shit what will tatsumi do now? I think esdese might end up saving him or he will run away or something.
Jul 12, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
A reason like that isn't worth Main's death, but what can we do ... I am so not looking forward to that.

Btw. I was surprised when I saw that Esdesu is the most favorite character of the show. ( I don't even have her in the Top 10 O.o )

I bet that its because she is a hot and evil hot girl, if it was a guy she probably would be the most hated one haha.
Jul 13, 2014 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
Just throwing it out there, but I'm still upset Chelsea died. Mein has had death flags for what seems like an eternity. I wouldn't get all that upset if she died. I think Tatsumi will get "saved" by Esdese, but immediately tortured for information. Esdese has said that if Tatsumi joined the rebels she wouldn't have any problem fighting him (when he was in her bed for the first time I think). Then, as some others have said, Mein dies when Tatsumi hesitates fighting either Esdese or Wave, thus pushing Tatsumi to become stronger.
Jul 14, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
Pls lay the death flag on mien already. Sry but she has to go. She isnt the right character for love development pls.
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Jul 14, 2014 12:09 PM
Jun 2014
Aries said:
Pls lay the death flag on mien already. Sry but she has to go. She isnt the right character for love development pls.

The ultimate goal is obviously Akame and Tatsumi, she seems to just be thrown in there
Jul 14, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2012
Esdese vs Tatsumi! That's going to be interesting. Maybe Esdese won't have it in her to kill him. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Ah another thing. It's really bothering me that Mine (Mein) and Tatsumi are dating. Lol. PLease don't flame on me. I really dislike the pairing. I was hoping for Tatsumi to be with Akame. One thing that I predict, not because I want it to happen but I really believe that somehow Mine will eventually die. Judging from the authors style of writing, she probably will. It would be a nice twist if Esdese killed her. Not that I want her dead or anything... Then Tatsumi would surly bring out a malicious powerful side and fully maxing out the potential of Incursio for a moment and take Esdese down.

Another thing. I predict that Akame and Tatsumi will be the last one's in Night Raid.
Jul 14, 2014 6:32 PM
Apr 2014
RedgraveGilver said:
Kaimon said:

I'm still hoping for Mein to survive, because well, you never know. I had noticed this manga had become formulaic, I just didn't know when that started; it was indeed after Chelsea attacked Kurome. Thanks for helping with that ^^
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jul 14, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2011
jjrocks24 said:

Another thing. I predict that Akame and Tatsumi will be the last one's in Night Raid.

I hope not, I want at least Leone to stay alive.

As for Mein imo, she has overstayed her welcome she's got to go. Much better characters where killed off before her, the deathflag has been on her since forever. It's inevitable that she dies as a plot device. Their pairing never felt right, it's always been Akame or hell even Edese would be a much better option.
Jul 14, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2012
Swordnoob said:
RedgraveGilver said:

I'm still hoping for Mein to survive, because well, you never know. I had noticed this manga had become formulaic, I just didn't know when that started; it was indeed after Chelsea attacked Kurome. Thanks for helping with that ^^

If you go back to the rest of the narrative, some of the major plot pints are like this:

Takahiro develops and familiarize us with a character for example Schere. He then makes that particular character close with Tatsumi establishing their relationship and making the readers care about her. Then, he killed her off. The same formula is used to both Bulat and Chelsea. Why did you think that in almost every discussion of this manga, people are always about "ooo death flags!!"? Because there is nothing really worth discussing in this manga aside from that. Not the story nor the characters really. I mean the characters are pretty endearing in the beginning but as soon as the story goes on you'll notice of how lacking they are in characterization and character progression(Maybe except Tatsumi).

And before anyone says i'm a hater, no i'm not. I used to really like this manga and the Schere incident got me hooked. But thing is Takahiro's writing can be really irritating.
Jul 14, 2014 10:49 PM
Jan 2014
Swordnoob said:
RedgraveGilver said:

I almost thought that I am the only one who doesn't want Main to die. Now there's two if us, yay !
Jul 14, 2014 11:05 PM
Sep 2013
MasaneX said:
Swordnoob said:

I almost thought that I am the only one who doesn't want Main to die. Now there's two if us, yay !

You aren't the only one. Can't wait for the next chapter to show up, I want to see what happens next.
MasaneX said:
Swordnoob said:

You're not the only one. Though others died from liking him I'm pretty sure that he won't let that happen again, so if she's in trouble I would expect him. Wonder how Tatsumi will get out in the first place.
xCobetJul 14, 2014 11:10 PM
Jul 14, 2014 11:47 PM
Jun 2012
MasaneX said:
Swordnoob said:

You're definitely not the only one, tho I was scared I was almost alone too.
I'm on edge here right now. They keep making her more and more likable by the chapter, so if the predictable happens, I can't even put into words how soul-crushed I'll feel.
Jul 15, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
After marathoning the Manga I am caught up. I do believe that Mein is going to say something to Esdese like tatsumi and I are dating or something and it will make esdese flip the f out causing her to extremely torture Mein before her death.
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Jul 15, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
Oh SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! First comment in forums section and I think Esdeath will want to kill Tatsumi herself if she decides to kill him. Or she might not do antything from the shock at least hesitate for a while. The ending of this chapter made me lose it. Lol'ed so hard at how screwed tatsumi and lubbock w
are.
Jul 15, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 2014
llRydonll said:
OOOHHH DAAAMMMNNNN
What in the hell is gonna happen from here... Never been so excited to see the next chapter lol
But seriously SHIT is about to get reaalll. Kinda sad for Esdese though
For some reason i actually ship TatsumixEsdese more than anyone else haha
Because it is the OTP in Akame Ga Kiru!! Tatsumi's pairing with Mine felt strange to me but then I felt like for Tatsumi this is just casual dating which is great and revolutionary for a shonen! But then he said that thing about how mine was right in saying he would fall for her. If that's the case I hate this pairing! Would be like if Inoue and ichigo got together when it should be Ichigo and Rukia imo. I think Tatsumi and Esdeath go better together.
Jul 15, 2014 12:39 PM
Jun 2014
Kaimon said:

Agreed! It was more because Mine wanted it and it's so off. Not believeable as serious relationship imo.
Jul 15, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2014
joseph17 said:
Kaimon said:

Agreed! It was more because Mine wanted it and it's so off. Not believeable as serious relationship imo.

Tatsumi don't said he loves her, i think he just agreed for relationship.
Jul 15, 2014 2:22 PM
Jan 2014
Kopyciarz said:
joseph17 said:

Tatsumi don't said he loves her, i think he just agreed for relationship.

Well, he did say he's ''falling head over heels for her'', so ...
I do think they are a good pairing. And I find it way better than Tatsumi X Esdesu, I think that one is unrealistic. If he isn't with Main, I think the only other choice is Akame.
Jul 15, 2014 8:21 PM
Jun 2014
Another thing that might happen is that Budo will probably kill the prime minister son for taking the enemy deep within the palace (risky move), he has already show his disdain for the prime minister and his son. Tatsumi teigu is a prototype maybe for budo teigu they both seem to be heavy armor types, so if it evolves it will probably be badass.
Jul 16, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
Esdeath might be the one who comes and saves the day, but once she finds out about Tatsumi's relationship with Mine, she will go batshit crazy once again and kills/torture Mine or Tatsumi.
Jul 16, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2011
I have a feeling Esdese will use her time-freeze ability to save Tatsumi from that mess but she will leave Rabac to his fate. I don't think poor Rabac is going to get out of this one alive, kinda wish it had been Mein instead of him doing recon when they where caught. Can't wait for Esdese to find out about Mein and Tatsumi.
Jul 16, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
Well, I just caught up to the manga after watching the first episode of the manga, and damn, I'm enjoying it. Can't wait how Esdese or "Esdeath" reacts to finding out Tatsumi is Incursio and from Night Raid. I wonder if she saves them or kill them herself. I can't wait.

Btw, anyone know when it's uploaded to mangapanda? It looks like it's a monthly manga so anyone know when it's most likely uploaded? Like within the first week or so? Thanks!
Jul 17, 2014 7:26 AM
Jun 2014
Zeus97 said:
Well, I just caught up to the manga after watching the first episode of the manga, and damn, I'm enjoying it. Can't wait how Esdese or "Esdeath" reacts to finding out Tatsumi is Incursio and from Night Raid. I wonder if she saves them or kill them herself. I can't wait.

Btw, anyone know when it's uploaded to mangapanda? It looks like it's a monthly manga so anyone know when it's most likely uploaded? Like within the first week or so? Thanks!

Ganganjoker comes out in the last Friday of every month I believe, and then it takes a few days to translate it.
Jul 17, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
mac9955 said:
Ganganjoker comes out in the last Friday of every month I believe, and then it takes a few days to translate it.

Oh really? Last of every Friday huh? Ok! Thanks for the info man!
Zeus97Jul 17, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 17, 2014 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
That's not chapter 51. It's chapter 8 of Akame ga Kill Zero.
Jul 17, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
Zeus97 said:
The raw of chapter 51 has just came out, and well, yeah.. :) So I'll leave a link if anyone wants to see it!

Link: http://www.mangabee.com/akame-ga-kiru/51/

That's Akame Ga Kill Zero. The prequel manga
Jul 17, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Zeus97 said:
The raw of chapter 51 has just came out, and well, yeah.. :) So I'll leave a link if anyone wants to see it!

Link: http://www.mangabee.com/akame-ga-kiru/51/

Oh seriously? Oh ok. No wonder I didn't understand a thing that was going on. I never knew there was a prequiel to it. lol I'll just delete the post. :)
Jul 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
epicscreator said:
That's not chapter 51. It's chapter 8 of Akame ga Kill Zero.

Yeah, just noticed. Thanks for the heads up! :)
Jul 18, 2014 12:23 AM

Oct 2013
Finally caught up with this series after having this manga on hold since chapter 46. Well finally esdeath finds out Tatsumi true identity, it was dragging on too much. I hope mein dies next chapter, that loli is so annoying. Please esdeath give her the most excruciating death ever!

Solid chapter, good progress. 5/5
Jul 19, 2014 1:02 PM
May 2014
Esdeath will probably save Tatsumi from that "invincible" guard by freezing him in time, then be frozen (pun not intended..) when Mein (Mine?) reveals their relationship. Then they beat the spoiled son and escape...

But probably not xD

Maybe Esdeath gets depressed and kills everyone but Tatsumi.
Jul 19, 2014 1:46 PM
Sep 2013
If I'm correct Tatsumi's Teigu can evolve to defeat stronger opponents. Though in this situation I don't know.
Jul 19, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
keragamming said:
Finally caught up with this series after having this manga on hold since chapter 46. Well finally esdeath finds out Tatsumi true identity, it was dragging on too much. I hope mein dies next chapter, that loli is so annoying. Please esdeath give her the most excruciating death ever!

Loli? If anything she is a tsundere right?? Also why make her suffer so much? I mean, her personality could be considered generic and annoying sometimes,but i don't think she is a bad char at all. Also, the amount of death flags sticked in her ass is so overwhelming, is not even funny anymore.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 19, 2014 5:30 PM
Jan 2014
FlareStar101 said:
keragamming said:

Loli? If anything she is a tsundere right?? Also why make her suffer so much? I mean, her personality could be considered generic and annoying sometimes,but i don't think she is a bad char at all. Also, the amount of death flags sticked in her ass is so overwhelming, is not even funny anymore.

...-flags sticked in her- ... Damn, brain, what do you think you are visualizing ?!
Jul 19, 2014 5:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Zeus97 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh seriously? Oh ok. No wonder I didn't understand a thing that was going on. I never knew there was a prequiel to it. lol I'll just delete the post. :)

Seriously this is killing me! I need to see what happens next! My heart pumped a bit of excitation, thinking I would see it!! DAMM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.