Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2014 10:59 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was so wrong, and the reaction of Roku a bit expected. I guess Kei was hurt a lot but well he kinda deserved that. Should have picked another place, not his house...

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 11, 2015 4:34 AM

Dec 2014
SheyCroix said:
Should have picked another place, not his house...

I know you wrote it quite a long time ago but I still wanted to reply.

I believe that Kei did that on purpose, he chose to do it at home deliberately. Remember when Roku asked him what was up with his friends (who turn out to be the same guys) who came over the other day in chapter 7? Kei said with a smirk on his face that he'll introduce them to Roku next time. I think he wanted Roku to see what was up with him, that's why he met the guys at home and did it in the guest room instead of a room with more privacy or at any other place.

Previously, in chapter 7, Kei stole Roku's wallet for the same reason. He wanted Roku to come back home and catch him and their stepfather in the act. That's why they did it on the sofa and not behind locked doors in a room. Kei kept thinking about how Roku would react if he saw them together and he also calculated how much time it would take for Roku to come home. Why? Because he wanted to come clean. However, he was afraid of what might happen (he was thinking "What do I do?"), he was panicking and he stopped his stepfather so when Roku came back he was already all dressed up. Later, the stepfather even notes how it must be the sixth sense of the twins that Kei felt that Roku would be returning but in reality, Kei didn't sense it but knew it. His plan was making Roku come back and see them together but he was too afraid to go through with his plan at that time.

I think this whole thing with the three guys in chapter 8 wasn't simply about sex. For me, it felt more like this was Kei's way of telling the truth, or rather showing it to his brother. Since he couldn't communicate his feelings to Roku (and seriously, how could he?), he wanted to make him see all that he's been through. By this time, he was so desperate and detached from reality that this was the only way he could confess everything and make Roku understand how much he was suffering.
Mar 3, 2016 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Her_Holiness said:
SheyCroix said:
Should have picked another place, not his house...

I believe that Kei did that on purpose, he chose to do it at home deliberately. Remember when Roku asked him what was up with his friends (who turn out to be the same guys) who came over the other day in chapter 7? Kei said with a smirk on his face that he'll introduce them to Roku next time. I think he wanted Roku to see what was up with him, that's why he met the guys at home and did it in the guest room instead of a room with more privacy or at any other place.

Previously, in chapter 7, Kei stole Roku's wallet for the same reason. He wanted Roku to come back home and catch him and their stepfather in the act. That's why they did it on the sofa and not behind locked doors in a room. Kei kept thinking about how Roku would react if he saw them together and he also calculated how much time it would take for Roku to come home. Why? Because he wanted to come clean. However, he was afraid of what might happen (he was thinking "What do I do?"), he was panicking and he stopped his stepfather so when Roku came back he was already all dressed up. Later, the stepfather even notes how it must be the sixth sense of the twins that Kei felt that Roku would be returning but in reality, Kei didn't sense it but knew it. His plan was making Roku come back and see them together but he was too afraid to go through with his plan at that time.

I think this whole thing with the three guys in chapter 8 wasn't simply about sex. For me, it felt more like this was Kei's way of telling the truth, or rather showing it to his brother. Since he couldn't communicate his feelings to Roku (and seriously, how could he?), he wanted to make him see all that he's been through. By this time, he was so desperate and detached from reality that this was the only way he could confess everything and make Roku understand how much he was suffering.

Do you know if this manga will be continued? Damn, i love Kyuugo's stories but she takes a lot of time to continue her stories, is the same with Acid Town D:
I really love Sora O Daite Oyasumi, it really surprised me. When i started reading it i thought it was another of those typical yaoi stories when there's a shy, nerd boy with glasses who falls in love with the sexy bad boy. But no, this manga is special. The sex scenes are not to please yaoi fans, they are a way to express the brothers' pain. The first chapters when Roku had sex with boys confused me so much, i thought "are the two of them gays?" "and what if this is Kei and not Roku", but after a few days i understood it, i understood that it was Roku's self-punishment for letting Kei die.
A thing that i still not get is... if the rumor says that the two twins comitted suicide, why Roku is still alive? I wonder if he's a ghost or there's another explication for that rumor. And i wonder about the Yashiro's dad suicide too, i have the theory that it is related in some way to Roku or Kei. I mean... the autor put that in the manga for some reason, right? What do you think?
Yeah, i write a lot but it can't be helped, i love this manga <3.
removed-userMar 3, 2016 11:23 PM
Mar 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Dec 2014
Gazettu said:
Her_Holiness said:

Do you know if this manga will be continued? Damn, i love Kyuugo's stories but she takes a lot of time to continue her stories, is the same with Acid Town D:
I really love Sora O Daite Oyasumi, it really surprised me. When i started reading it i thought it was another of those typical yaoi stories when there's a shy, nerd boy with glasses who falls in love with the sexy bad boy. But no, this manga is special. The sex scenes are not to please yaoi fans, they are a way to express the brothers' pain. The first chapters when Roku had sex with boys confused me so much, i thought "are the two of them gays?" "and what if this is Kei and not Roku", but after a few days i understood it, i understood that it was Roku's self-punishment for letting Kei die.
A thing that i still not get is... if the rumor says that the two twins comitted suicide, why Roku is still alive? I wonder if he's a ghost or there's another explication for that rumor. And i wonder about the Yashiro's dad suicide too, i have the theory that it is related in some way to Roku or Kei. I mean... the autor put that in the manga for some reason, right? What do you think?
Yeah, i write a lot but it can't be helped, i love this manga <3.

Hello there :D I agree, Kyuugo's stories are the best and Acid Town is my absolute favourite manga ever <3

Both Kei and Roku jumped off the roof to commit suicide together but only Kei died. Roku survived, and as you said, he's feeling guilty about it, and possibly about that he hadn't noticed what Kei was going through all that time, and that he couldn't help him.

About the rumour: If I remember correctly, Roku was held back a year because he spent a lot of time in hospital and therapy, right? I think it's very likely that the students of the school didn't know exactly what happened so that's why the rumour started. I think they just heard that there were twins who tried to commit suicide but they didn't know the details so they had no idea that one of them survived. Roku's definitely alive, I'm sure about that.

Yeah, Roku doesn't seem to enjoy gay sex at all. He even tells the guy that it hurts and I didn't get the impression that their relationship is based on love either. I doubt Roku's gay to begin with. I mean before the incident, he was happily smiling when chatting with a girl at school and he was very sociable and popular with girls too. I think what Roku's doing with this guy is just his way of punishing himself, like you said.

I think the photographer boy's father also commited suicide. The people at the funeral talk about it too and he also says that what he remembers most about his dad's funeral is "the black mark around his neck". I think he hanged himself.. This is such a powerful image though, if you think about it, keeping the camera on a strap also leaves a temporary mark on the neck but now it's there because of the rope. I think because Yashiro was little at that time, his mom didn't want to tell him the truth so she just told him that his father died of heart failure. I feel like Roku and Yashiro could somehow help each other accept what happened to them because they are both facing the consequences of losing someone to suicide.

I wish this manga got a continuation but I'm afraid Kyuugo dropped it. Chapter 9 came out more than 3 years ago, I doubt it will get an update. Let's just hope she won't drop Acid Town :')
Her_HolinessMar 4, 2016 1:36 PM
Nov 13, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2017
Oh, shit. I wanna cry.
Space cowboy

More topics from this board

» Super late but anybody knows why it got discontinued?

shaworu - Jun 12, 2017

7 by seihoney92 »»
Jul 15, 2020 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.