Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 6, 2014 5:40 PM
#1

Offline
Sep 2012
22
Go watch the live action movie or what ever you should call edge of tomorrow as fast as possible if you like all you need is kill. I mean, I don't know what the original version is. is the original the novel version or the manga cuz it cant be the movie since it came out after the the release of the other two or is it like a real book or something? i dont know but i can tell you guys the movie was awesome!
and you can really see the similarities. the monsters are called mimics
rita vratarski is the female character that has had the power before the main character did, but lost it somehow.
bite me
Jun 6, 2014 5:41 PM
#2

Offline
Sep 2012
19241
The movie looked a fuck ton better than the manga. Is it out yet?
Jun 6, 2014 5:46 PM
#3

Offline
Jun 2012
12090
sweetbeast said:
I don't know what the original version is. is the original the novel version or the manga cuz it cant be the movie since it came out after the the release of the other two or is it like a real book or something?
The Novel is the original, the Manga is an adaptation by the artist of Hikaru no Go, Death Note, and Bakuman.

I'm probably going to see it in theaters soon, but I don't really have the incentive; Didn't really care for the Manga.
Jun 7, 2014 8:06 AM
#4

Offline
Jun 2012
2554
Ugh, live action.
Jun 7, 2014 4:57 PM
#5

Offline
Sep 2012
22
Red_Keys said:
The movie looked a fuck ton better than the manga. Is it out yet?


Yes it's out now. I saw the premier yesterday :)
bite me
Jun 7, 2014 8:00 PM
#6

Offline
Apr 2010
416
The movie was great. I don't regret watching it, and it did spur me on to order the novel from Haika Soru's site.

(Emily Blunt's biceps were fucking hawt)
Jun 10, 2014 5:26 AM
#7

Offline
Mar 2013
34
wtf I just watched the movie and I found that movie have connections in LN/Manga. wow lol The movie is really good.
Even the name is same. That Full Metal Bitch XD
Jun 10, 2014 8:18 AM
#8
Offline
Sep 2012
14
Yeah either the idea was stolen or sold. When I first saw the previews for Edge of Tomorrow, I automatically thought All You Need is Kill. lol. What if they would've handed out free All You Need is Kill volumes at its premier screening.
Jun 10, 2014 5:52 PM
#9

Offline
Mar 2014
545
The movie was great..

Full Metal Bitch lol
Jun 10, 2014 6:02 PM

Offline
Mar 2012
12952
I hated the official English publication of the novel, they took out all of Yoshitoshi Abe's illustrations and the translations were completely American-slang liberalized with unnecessary cuss words and profanity every other sentence.
Jun 15, 2014 12:13 AM

Offline
Nov 2008
655
don't know about you, but I liked manga and novel more than movie :/
Jun 15, 2014 5:45 AM

Offline
Sep 2009
128
the movie was fine, but i've liked the manga better.

tough the mimics looked better in the movie.
Jun 15, 2014 11:43 PM

Offline
Apr 2010
416
alexpte said:
I hated the official English publication of the novel, they took out all of Yoshitoshi Abe's illustrations and the translations were completely American-slang liberalized with unnecessary cuss words and profanity every other sentence.


While I second the frustration with the illustrations, you're exaggerating on the cursing. It was only in the first few chapters that were filled with swearing, and it serves to get the reader engaged in what a horrific FUBAR situation the Mimic war is; after you get past that, it tapers off quite a bit. Rita's chapter in particular has very little profanity.
Jun 16, 2014 9:33 PM

Offline
Sep 2011
33478
The movie played it way safer, it would had been better than the manga had the ending not been a giant unnecessary cop out. Seriously the ending alone takes off a few points for what could had been a really really good movie.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 17, 2014 8:05 PM

Offline
Nov 2011
125411
Jun 18, 2014 6:21 AM

Offline
Aug 2013
1481
Actually i would have liked the movie more if not for that lame ending
Jun 21, 2014 5:39 PM
Offline
Jul 2018
570560
Beast666 said:
Actually i would have liked the movie more if not for that lame ending


I thought the ending was just fine. Pretty funny.
Jun 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Offline
Jul 2013
1610
HikariJake said:
Beast666 said:
Actually i would have liked the movie more if not for that lame ending


I thought the ending was just fine. Pretty funny.

Indeed. For a Hollywood action flick, I thought the ending was fairly satisfying.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jun 21, 2014 5:59 PM

Offline
May 2008
130
Movie was pretty good but Tom Cruise's performance was the real star of the show
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Jun 21, 2014 6:17 PM

Offline
Sep 2013
1824
I thought the movie was pretty entertaining, but All You Need is Kill is a better title than Edge of Tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken, in Japan the movie keeps the title of its source material.
Jun 23, 2014 8:33 AM

Offline
Sep 2013
1174
I actually thought the movie was better, it also had was better Mimic designs than the manga.
Jun 23, 2014 8:36 AM

Offline
Jan 2013
12255
I'm really surprised by how this thread didnt turn into weaboo hatred for hollywood.

I am significantly more interested in watching this movie.
Jun 23, 2014 8:38 AM

Offline
Sep 2011
33478
JabonHR said:
HikariJake said:


I thought the ending was just fine. Pretty funny.

Indeed. For a Hollywood action flick, I thought the ending was fairly satisfying.
I cant agree to this at all, its common for retcons to happen in stuff like kids films but in actual action movies like this thats nit the norm, no matter what way you look at it the ending was a cop out.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 23, 2014 9:24 PM

Offline
Jul 2010
503
Saw the movie yesterday and really enjoyed it, and I just finished the manga. I enjoyed it, too. I will have to say, though, I kinda like the movie more.

Jun 26, 2014 6:20 PM

Offline
Apr 2010
416
The bitter irony is we finally get a good Hollywood adaptation of a Japanese novel (along with a 90% Rotten Tomatoes rating and 8.2 on IMdB)...

And it tanks in the U.S.

Foreign box office results don't save movies that tank in America. If they did, Pacific Rim would have gotten a sequel.
Jun 27, 2014 1:03 PM

Offline
Jul 2009
390
AICW said:
The bitter irony is we finally get a good Hollywood adaptation of a Japanese novel (along with a 90% Rotten Tomatoes rating and 8.2 on IMdB)...

And it tanks in the U.S.

Foreign box office results don't save movies that tank in America. If they did, Pacific Rim would have gotten a sequel.
It is getting a sequel

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/pacific-rim-2-confirmed-for-april-7-2017-release-1201251654/
Jul 4, 2014 12:24 AM

Offline
Mar 2008
334
The ending just didn't do it for me.
Jul 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Offline
Mar 2012
1853
It's not a live action movie but the story is based from "All You Need Is Kill", but it's NOT the same. But anyways, I'm looking forward to watch that movie. (Yep I haven't watched it yet, I'm waiting for the blu-ray version to come out)
Aug 14, 2014 11:55 PM

Offline
Oct 2008
443
I watched the movie a few weeks ago, my conclusion was that it was decent movie and that was it, I just read the manga and I have to say it's much better than the movie.
Oct 12, 2014 4:21 PM

Offline
Feb 2013
1690
I had no idea Edge of Tomorrow had relations to light-novels and mangas when I went to see it. Pretty interesting. I also saw the movie "Oldboy" and found out it started as a manga afterwards.

But Edge of Tomorrow was really good. I thought it wasn't going to be that great before seeing it, but I was wrong for sure. Some plot holes, but overall really good watch.

JizzyHitler said:
I cant agree to this at all, its common for retcons to happen in stuff like kids films but in actual action movies like this thats nit the norm, no matter what way you look at it the ending was a cop out.

And the ending for the manga was better? Whether the movie's ending was perfect or not, I think the movie offers the best and most detailed ending of this manga's universe.

Also, what is the "retcon" you mean exactly? Saw the movie over a month ago.
Nov 12, 2014 1:43 AM

Offline
Dec 2013
1998
Holy crap this movie was great but I was even more surprised to find out that it was based on an LN. I thought it was a bit random that the battle suit's language was Japanese but it's all clear to me now.
Nov 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Offline
Sep 2013
1487
I lost it at Full Metal Bitch.
That ending was good for a hollywood movie. Have to buy the manga and LN.
Nov 29, 2014 5:04 PM

Offline
May 2011
2420
JizzyHitler said:
JabonHR said:

Indeed. For a Hollywood action flick, I thought the ending was fairly satisfying.
I cant agree to this at all, its common for retcons to happen in stuff like kids films but in actual action movies like this thats nit the norm, no matter what way you look at it the ending was a cop out.
http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/edge-of-tomorrow-ending-alternate.php

tl;dr Crew member killed an alpha and they lived in the loop until the ending occurred.

I liked the manga ending more, but the latter half of the manga was too rushed.

I think the movie did bout 60% of the stuff better than the manga. Would have been much better if they had had a better pick than Cruise. Not against his acting, but I don't think he was the most suitable guy for this role.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 18, 2015 2:32 PM

Offline
Sep 2014
2687
Edge of Tomorrow sounds like some earth disaster movie lol. like the world's gonna end tomorrow ... why didn't they keep the original title?
Mar 18, 2022 2:03 AM

Offline
Dec 2021
879
wait .. is this based on Edge of Tomorrow movie or is it other way around?


I saw the movie years ago and loved it .. I'm just now finding out about this manga today .!
Mar 18, 2022 2:57 AM

Offline
Feb 2020
5740
kushmonatl said:
wait .. is this based on Edge of Tomorrow movie or is it other way around?


I saw the movie years ago and loved it .. I'm just now finding out about this manga today .!

Both are based on light novel.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE


Mar 18, 2022 8:18 AM

Offline
Dec 2021
879
Adampk said:
kushmonatl said:
wait .. is this based on Edge of Tomorrow movie or is it other way around?


I saw the movie years ago and loved it .. I'm just now finding out about this manga today .!

Both are based on light novel.


ah ok , preciate it
Oct 26, 2022 8:25 AM
Offline
May 2019
9
I never thought i would say this but .. the live action was waaaaaay better lolol

More topics from this board

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KiraYoshikage - Jun 1, 2014

83 by BoiFun14 »»
Jan 18, 1:45 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 15 Discussion

KumaKing - May 19, 2014

14 by BoiFun14 »»
Jan 18, 1:44 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

36 by BoiFun14 »»
Jan 18, 1:23 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

27 by Rexnihilo »»
Jan 13, 3:14 PM

» Sequel

Neizaru - Jun 11, 2014

20 by AstaLoliDragneel »»
Dec 19, 2022 5:31 AM