Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 5, 2014 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
I find it extremely hard to hold a grudge against someone because I start to feel mean after a while, so I usually give in and forgive the person.
Jun 5, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2012
I dont, or more like I can't hold grudges for some reason. It's difficult for me to keep hating on one person just because he did some asshole-ish thing to me. It's just not in my nature. However, I will remember whatever it is that was done to me.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jun 5, 2014 6:12 AM

Dec 2013
It's actually very hard for me to get mad at someone for an extended period of time, and i am prone to forget things that have hurt me in some way.

If the person apologizes, i'll forgive.

If the person doesn't apologize, then i'll forget all about it (unintentionally or intentionally). But this of course depends on how much said person has hurt me.
Jun 5, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2014
I forgive. Seventy times seven times.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 5, 2014 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
It depends on the case..I usually forgive people if they make a proper apology. If it is something that really hurt me, then I won't.
Sometimes it is not up to you, you may want to forgive but you just can't forget the other person's actions or you can't trust him anymore.
Jun 5, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2007
Yeah, I forgive, but I don't forget.

But not in a malicious way-- I'm just more cautious to when I'm doing things, and more observant of people.

-Seigi-
Jun 5, 2014 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
It's hard for me to tell when someone deserves forgiveness or not. Mostly I can only forgive what I can forget

Thou shalt prove how salt is the taste of another's bread and how hard is the way up and down another man's stairs.

Jun 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
#forgiveneverforget
Jun 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Sep 2012
I don't know how to hold a grudge. Give it time and I could forgive someone for about anything.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jun 5, 2014 10:23 AM
Feb 2014
Some people call me Batman so i guess yes
Jun 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
I probably forgive too easily. I usually forgive and forget and we become friends again.

That said, I forgave my ex, but after we became friends, I realized she was trying to take advantage of me. I gave up on being friends with her.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 5, 2014 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Depends on what they do. I'm really forgiving and I forget easily but if it's something so... big, that will take me a while to F&F.
Jun 5, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
Me personally, I believe in second chances, but those are exclusive to individuals who deserve that second chance. I can forgive, but I will never forget.

Forgiveness varies on how severe the act was. Some things just can't be forgiven. At least that's how it is for me.

Hell, if the deed is worse enough, I may even seek revenge. Especially if it has to do with someone I care about. I will ruthlessly crush them. =^-^=
Jun 5, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2014
Im a very patient and lienant person, small petty things don't bother me. you can insult me and call me names all you want and i'd couldn't care less.

however, if i am wronged in some significant way i will never forgive that person. if they are as careless as to wrong me once they WILL do it again. this has been proven to me time and again.
Jun 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, quite easily sometimes.

But in some cases I end up ignoring them anyway or they end up ignoring me so it becomes kind of pointless
Jun 5, 2014 9:07 PM

Jun 2012
Forgive but don't forget my man.

I've never really held a grudge so I suppose my answer is a yes.
I don't forgive Daniel Bryan though.
Jun 5, 2014 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
I can forgive someone a few times, but no more then that. I'm a firm believer that people can learn what they should and shouldn't do based on how others feel. If they still feel the need to go about doing things in a way that harms me or my loved ones, then they are undeserving of forgiveness in my opinion.
Jun 6, 2014 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
Usually, it depends on what the person does...let's say someone broke my laptop..or stole it..i will forgive them..but let's say something happens to u which never happened before.. like your wife cheats on you..or someone killed your friend or someone who raped your sis....i guess i might want to become a titan...so yeah it depends.. on what they did.
Jun 6, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Unlikely. It takes a long time for me to actually trust someone, and I don't view trust as being something where I assume you'll never do me any wrong. It means that I believe in what you'll do in various scenarios. Sometimes what you'll do won't be good for me but I can't begrudge somebody for that and it certainly doesn't violate my trust. If we're at a point where someone is genuinely asking my forgiveness generally they won't get it. Usually when people are asking for my forgiveness my response is that there is nothing to forgive. For better or worse that's just how fucked up a person I know you are.
Jun 6, 2014 3:18 AM

Jun 2011
I forgive, perhaps a bit too easily, but I find it hard to forget, and I probably wouldn't trust them again.
Jun 6, 2014 3:23 AM
Jan 2014
The only answer is "depends".

I dont seek revenge though.
Jun 6, 2014 3:27 AM

Mar 2013
No. I neither forgive nor forget.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 6, 2014 3:41 AM
May 2007
I have faced this before. Though it was 4 years ago, I don't want to get into the details because I want to keep it private. The reason why I couldn't forgive this person (and his fat bitch girlfriend and she is one of the VERY FEW people that I could choose to get away with murder, it would be her) is because he didn't need to do he did to me to begin with. He could have just been honest with me from the start and left it at that. And his pointless lie just cost me a lot without understanding what I sacrificed.

I ultimately handled it in a not so good way but I had no means to solve the matter the legal way and I didn't want to be tied up in court for years. Especially when I move and travel around a lot due to my work. I solved shit the old fashioned way and that was that . Ultimately, I don't regret with how I dealt with that issue. Like I said, I don't want to get into details but all I can say is that him and his bitch didn't have to lie to me about something important when the truth could have been good enough.

I don't believe in offending someone in front of other people and then apologizing to them in private. But if him and his fat bitch girlfriend wanted to offer an apology, it better be something that makes up for the offense 10 fold.
Jun 7, 2014 3:18 AM

Sep 2013
I usually forgive people pretty easily.
Jun 7, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
I can't accurately answer the poll because there's no answer like "depends".

But it really does depend. You can be hurt badly in many different ways. Some ways are just unforgivable. There's one person I will never in my life forgive, but that person is dead anyway (literally). I forgave my grandma even when she gave me the cold shoulder at a really hard time in life. One of my best friends did some really crappy things that hurt me... and while they still annoy me when I think about it, it's not like I stopped being her friend for it. Same with my mom. She keeps asking me to forgive her, but it's not really like you can just tell your heart to stop or start feeling something at will.

I've been thinking about this lately because of an odd situation. You know those situations you see in books and movies where an old bully contacts you and apologizes? That actually happened to me a couple weeks ago. This one girl really was the worst bully to me all through elementary school (tripping me, pushing me over, flipping up my skirt, stealing my stuff kind of things aside from the normal teasing). She was also a jerk in middle school, but I didn't see her much so I didn't see that behavior often either. She added me to facebook a couple weeks back and apologized for her behavior. It wasn't really a heartfelt sincere apology type thing, but more like a "what's up? sorry I said mean things, we cool?" type thing. I was sort of dumbfounded, but just told her the past is in the past. Though it has become very awkward because now she's liking and commenting on all my stuff, and trying to get me to hang out to have a play date for our little girls. So I've been thinking if it's really just that "easy" to not only forgive and forget, but to act like it never happened and like you had a totally different past with somebody. I'm thinking that's what she wants... she really acts like she wants to be best friends now, but even the person she is now kind of annoys me.

Yet, I've forgiven a LOT of bull that some of my friends, relatives and even my husband have put me through. So it really does depend on each situation. I am definitely not the kind of person that believes you should ALWAYS forgive no matter what, though.
Jun 7, 2014 4:30 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't vote because there were no answer that fit what I think. I never forget and I never forgive, but I also do not try to seek vengeance. Even when people do something that makes me put them on the "list", I do not seek to punish them for it, I just continue as usual.

Sure some I just ignore, but most of the time I let it go. Of course if a person who have wronged me in the past one day asks for my help, I might very well not help him/her, but that depends on with what.
<^_^>
Jun 7, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
I can forgive people easily but I'm not always honest when I do.
Jun 7, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
It's boring and a waste of energy to be angry all the time at someone, obvious it matters what they actually did, but for something minor, yea I forgive people relatively easy.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jun 7, 2014 5:19 AM

Apr 2012
It pretty much impossible to hurt me deeply or badly. So yeah I forgive people even without them saying sorry, because they cant really do anything at all that would deeply hurt me. At least not emotionally.
Jun 7, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
I've never been hurt by someone so badly that I can't forgive him/her in a short time nor had a quarrel with someone other than my family, but I think holding a grudge is too bothersome. So yeah, I think I forgive easily.
Jun 7, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
i easily forgive people
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Jun 8, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
It depends on what happened. Once you've lost trust it's hard to get it back, it doesn't mean that I won't forgive you but it also doesn't mean that I'll trust you.
Jun 8, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2012
Whether I forgive people or not, it doesn't change that fact that what's done is done so putting it in that perspective it's silly to hold grudges against people. At least that's what I tell myself.
Jun 8, 2014 4:17 PM

Aug 2011
I chose "It is okay but you must pay" but for me it's: I'll forgive but never forget and you must pay. I do not believe in justice till I'm not the one to bring justice.
Jun 8, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2010
Forgive but never forget . Revenge is just a waste of time
Jun 27, 2014 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
It's easier for me to forgive someone and move on than to spiteful. Takes too much energy to get mad
Jun 28, 2014 4:55 AM
Dec 2013
Sclequer said:
If someone hurts you deeply and badly, will you forgive that person?

of course not
Jun 28, 2014 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
Most of the time, I'm a grudge holder but

Frenzyy said:
If they feel like they can be mature enough to apologize to me, I will be mature enough to forgive them.

If they did something that's obviously beyond forgiveable, then fuck it.

I don't forget what they do. But I try my best to forgive.
Jun 28, 2014 5:42 AM

Jul 2013
Always seek revenge c:
Jun 28, 2014 6:31 AM

Feb 2012
It depends what it is.. I usually don't if its something that's hurt me deeply and move on.

Jun 28, 2014 7:54 AM

Jun 2014
If its something small then yeah
Jun 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Feb 2014
it depends, sometimes I still think about some of the things that people did to me in middle school and elementary school that hurt me and everytime I go on their facebook I glare at them, or laugh at them if they've gotten fat. lol
but in all serious if it's something really big I'll rememeber what u did but still forgive you, but if it's like a small thing, I forgive and forget. no point holding onto the past when the only thing ahead is the future.

Jun 28, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2013
Depends on what did person do to you, of its something tinny its ok, but its something big you just have to pay the price for my forgiveness...
Jun 28, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
I have been completely fucked over by people and forgave them. I get pretty upset but Its hard for me to hold grudges.

Jun 28, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2012
I'd probably forgive anyone who sincerely apologized. But no one does that.
Jun 28, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
Nidstang said:
Yes, holding a grudge against someone is just a waste of time.
[b]
Part
ners in Crime: Pew Accel Deno Wh1t3
[/b]
Jul 1, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
I forgive everyone nomatter how hurtful the event was, i have to forgive for personal reasons.
Jul 1, 2014 6:40 PM
Jun 2014
Funny thing is, I never blame anyone for anything they do against me. It's odd, because I don't maintain the same standard if it's someone else being hurt by someone. But even if someone legitimately wrongs me for no reason, I can't help but forgive them. It takes to much effort to hold a grudge.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
May 4, 2017 3:28 AM

Jan 2016
Well, to put it another round, i want to give my forgiveness for my precious friend (which i considered her as my sister) about my stupid mistake i made and made her angry and detest me ^.^' I just hope she will forgive me :)
Koneko___May 4, 2017 6:02 AM
May 4, 2017 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
If they have really hurt me deeply?

No, I don't forgive people easily. I'm also the kind of person that keeps grudges in those kind of cases.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Cyber Trucks vs NFTs

KittenCuddler - 6 hours ago

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you find this person attractive?

passtur - 7 hours ago

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
27 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

757 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Guys always finish last

MUFFlN - Yesterday

19 by Nette »»
2 hours ago

» Which "Attitudinal Psyche" do you think you are? (very easy 3-question)

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.