Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And so leads and ends the DAWN OF TIME...

Well, not bad for the final chapter. Loki had some final moments that I think were memorable and worth a story to tell. 7/10.
May 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Um... What was the point of him declaring a separate country and all that stuff if he was going to return it to Nakaba? I don't get why he "turned into the bad guy". What did that accomplish? I'm so confused. It just seems like it was all unnecessary drama. Or am I missing something? So disappointed :c Well, it wasn't terrible - - just wish the story was more focused and not all over the place. Had some great moments. Could've been better, in my opinion. 6/10.
May 28, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
Well Loki was never bad, I guess he just knew he couldn't stay with her anymore and he wanted freedom and equality for the ajins.
I've been reading this for over 4 years so it's sad for me as Loki was my favorite character in the series.
May 29, 2014 12:35 AM

Apr 2013
Aww, Nakaba is pregnant <3
I'm really glad Nakaba and Caesar achieved what they wanted/wished to do.. that's what I was most looking forward to in the ending; I'm happy for them. Although, I still don't understand at all why Loki did what he did? why did he do that? what was he trying to achieve? I don't get it.. maybe someone else did and can explain?

The ending could have been better, but all in all, I still love this manga. Can't wait to re-read it.
SalxerMay 29, 2014 12:39 AM
May 29, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really like how everyone suddenly goes 'yay, let's get along with the ajins' just because Nakaba said so, but I'm still glad it ended like that.
Glad to read I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why Loki suddenly turned 'evil'. After all, Nakaba also wanted the ajins to be free and equal to the humans. The only reason I can come up with is that he might have wanted to make Nakaba less dependent on him, and the only reason to achieve that was to make her hate him?
I'm definitely going to reread, see what little details I missed that led up to everything that's happened in the last few chapters.
Jun 7, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2009
My interpretation of Loki deciding to make them separate is because he wanted them to realize the goods of being joined. I'm basing this off of the little hints the mangaka threw in such as:
- when Loki said "They still need some time. Things humans can't do and things ajins can't do. Both sides must notice what they need."
- when Nakaba is in the market, the vendor comments on how more difficult it is for regular humans to do the hard labor where ajin did it with ease

So I'm guessing that it was his plan to have them realize that life would be better if joined, giving them time to ease on their hate for one another.

That's just my opinion though.
Jun 9, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2011
Towards the end of this manga series, there was a lot of stuff that just didn't make sense. The story had incredible potential for the first several volumes, but the writing involving the plot and character development seemed to fall flat towards the end. The tragedy at the end was so abrupt that I wasn't really affected by it.

Nevertheless, a fantastic manga overall. It has been a long journey since Nakaba and Caesar hated each others guts. The main characters were extremely memorable and I enjoyed the introduction of new characters (like Prince Adel and Louis). I thoroughly enjoyed reading the series.

8/10
Jul 9, 2014 1:22 PM
Sep 2013
BlasianAngel said:
My interpretation of Loki deciding to make them separate is because he wanted them to realize the goods of being joined. I'm basing this off of the little hints the mangaka threw in such as:
- when Loki said "They still need some time. Things humans can't do and things ajins can't do. Both sides must notice what they need."
- when Nakaba is in the market, the vendor comments on how more difficult it is for regular humans to do the hard labor where ajin did it with ease

So I'm guessing that it was his plan to have them realize that life would be better if joined, giving them time to ease on their hate for one another.

BlasianAngel, I've same opinion with you regarding that. Also, Loki probably do that to show that ajin's social status could be raised on par with humans'; as in, ajins could become the ruler and citizens of their own country, if they want to. However, the hints that the mangaka threw in, like you pointed out, seems to show perspective from only one side (human side). We don't know for sure how the ajins react about living back together with humans after they got their own country, even if they have same social status as humans. I'm certain that there're ajins like Leo who hate/resent humans (though Leo had o longer hate human).

Anyway, this has been an enjoyable read for me though I can't say I truly satisfied with the ending because I wish the ending is a bit different.
Sep 19, 2014 8:42 PM

Dec 2011
I thought the ending was really good. Really, really good. So good, it earned a +1 in my score. The ending that made the reader aware of Loki's perspective, who had been relatively mysterious for a mc, is really interesting.

Overall, the manga had a good plot, but the art was stiff, the dialogue was lacking, and the humour misplaced. The characterization was decent, however it was lacking in a few people... but for me it is most noticeable in Rito.

The author, very early on, had foreshadowed that Rito would be the cause to change the "status quo." Yet, throughout the manga, he barely gets any lines outside of the ones that involve him spying and asking for his mother to be saved. In the end, I don't really know Rito that well, even though he was a major character that had stood by Nakaba for most of the manga. He was physically present, but the reader rarely saw him.

It was painful to see the stiff art for the sword fights. Nakaba was the only one who had decent expressions and movements while fighting.
Sep 19, 2014 8:59 PM

Dec 2011
hikari_nmh said:
BlasianAngel said:

BlasianAngel, I've same opinion with you regarding that. Also, Loki probably do that to show that ajin's social status could be raised on par with humans'; as in, ajins could become the ruler and citizens of their own country, if they want to. However, the hints that the mangaka threw in, like you pointed out, seems to show perspective from only one side (human side). We don't know for sure how the ajins react about living back together with humans after they got their own country, even if they have same social status as humans. I'm certain that there're ajins like Leo who hate/resent humans (though Leo had o longer hate human).

Anyway, this has been an enjoyable read for me though I can't say I truly satisfied with the ending because I wish the ending is a bit different.

It isn't just that. I think Loki, who bore the weight and cruelty of human actions while protecting Nakaba, truly realized how unfair the world is. It was only by chance that Loki was born looking like an ajin with black hair, it was only by chance that Nakaba was born looking like a human with red hair... They are siblings, both half-ajins, and both royalty, but the world treats them so differently.

(This concept was mentioned many times by the author. It's only by chance that we are born to our parents, looking the way we do. The treatment of those people is largely undeserved.)

This in comparison to Nakaba's life... she suffered her fair share of discrimination (and this was even a major plot device!), but she lived in relative happiness, comfort, and luxury in comparison to Loki.

I think the pain, loneliness, and hatred that festered inside Loki, along with the yearning to live in his parents world, where humans and ajin can love one another freely and carelessly, is more than enough of a motivator for Loki's actions. Then Loki can finally be a real brother to Nakaba.
DalPuriSep 19, 2014 9:18 PM
Nov 21, 2014 12:07 PM
Mar 2013
inzaratha said:
Well Loki was never bad, I guess he just knew he couldn't stay with her anymore and he wanted freedom and equality for the ajins.
I've been reading this for over 4 years so it's sad for me as Loki was my favorite character in the series.
i feel the same loki was my favorite too
Mar 11, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
I can't help but feel like the last couple of chapters were kind of rushed. The manga was very good anyway.
Jun 5, 2015 12:04 AM
Jun 2011
Is this really the last chapter? MAL has 12 more chapters listed.
Jan 2, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2013
This was really weird. Like it's super weird because he had a really weird almost sexual thing for her and then in the last chapter, it turns out he is her brother? What? Weird.
Jan 14, 2016 2:08 AM

Mar 2014
Just finished this series. Out of the hundreds of things I have seen and read it is one of the few that got me. I wish the series could have gotten the extra volume it needed to be panned out perfectly. But i understand that the author needs to rush to an ending when the series is being closed down by the publishers (i.e. Psyren for example). A shame really since this is one of the rare series I wouldn't mind supporting (i.e. Death Note).

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Feb 19, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 2015
avelys said:
Um... What was the point of him declaring a separate country and all that stuff if he was going to return it to Nakaba? I don't get why he "turned into the bad guy". What did that accomplish? I'm so confused. It just seems like it was all unnecessary drama. Or am I missing something? So disappointed :c Well, it wasn't terrible - - just wish the story was more focused and not all over the place. Had some great moments. Could've been better, in my opinion. 6/10.

If you pay close attention you'll see that on one of the pages in the last chapter when he's talking to Riko he says something along the lines of "Ajin's And humans need to spend some time away from each other to see that they need each other". You can see that his plan work because in chapter 52 when Nakaba was in the town buying Apples, the lady says "work is harder because we don't have Ajins who have more strength". So really it was just Loki being a genius.
Jun 15, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
I will miss this series dearly. It was a good run in the beginning, middle, but the ending was a bit lackluster. Still, I enjoyed the ride.

Caesar is such a good pairing with Nakaba. You can see how much he cares for her, and she's pregnant - that image was definitely satisfying!
HEY!
Jul 22, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this series a lot. I'm still upset Loki died and I was a little confused in the end, but still a great read. 9/10
Aug 3, 2016 11:53 PM
Dec 2014
So much left open.

I understand what the author was trying to do splitting the two races apart. Ajins are physically strong, and thus the humans, like the apple salesmen, have to recognize work is a lot more difficult. Humans, have established commerce and are educated, and as much as that trait is a product of discrimination, it doesn't stop the fact the ajins need them now.

Loki dies exerting himself. I thought it meant using the arcana too long, but it was mentioned that all with the time arcana had short lives. If that's the case, I guess our heroine has a couple years left on her?

Forced Adel X Lamelia closure.

Rito could have been removed from the story, even though it was claimed he was a major part of the story. Nakaba would have told the king about the invasion, would still try to save Rito's mother, etc.
Jan 11, 2017 2:54 AM
Oct 2014
So I finally read the last couple chapters and while I'm not a fan of ending, I am overall satisfied. I definitely agree with much of what has already been said above. It felt like a lot of unnecessary added drama in the last couple chapters and it also felt rushed. Loki suddenly stealing Senan from Nakaba and no one being able to do anything about it, moving all those people from one country to the other sounds insane, only to have Loki die and give Nakaba back the country soon after. I thought this was so dumb and pointless but someone above raised a good point with Loki saying they needed more time to see what they are missing, things only ajin/humans can do. That definitely makes sense to me but I think it could have been raised as a larger point when they reminisce about it after since I think it went over the heads of more than just me. Loki's character overall was confusing though. there were some strange things like how he was able to lock doors in the time arcana corridor from Nakaba. His character flip flopped around quite a bit concerning his goals. Why he wanted to kill Caesar in the beginning when if he had seen into the future he would know it would be more valuable to keep him around as long as possible, etc. Also someone mentioned his weird sexual attraction to Nakaba, I totally agree it's creepy but there is definitely some psychological reasoning behind it. Since those childhood events Loki only loved and trusted Nakaba, as he said himself. And when his parents told him he must lie about being siblings and act as her servant that would have played a huge part in his feelings over the years and he would have grown to feel not like siblings at all, even though he knew it himself, allowing his feeling of protective older brother to warp into something else. Whether the author meant for something like that to be conveyed or not, that's how I felt about it and even though incest would disgust me in a manga where we are forced to accept it as just a normal love, I can appreciate the psychological level of Loki's feelings (don't support them tho lol).
Even with the gaps, I am very pleased with the series overall! /end giant after thought post
Jan 11, 2017 3:04 AM
Oct 2014
Also I found her art style and characters to be sooo beautiful but those fight scenes XD you can tell she wasn't joking about this being a whole new genre for her since even her characters look like actors that have no idea how to hold a sword or even throw a kick. XD everything else art wise was great though!
Jan 16, 2019 10:21 AM

Mar 2017
That ending got me good! I’m in floods of tears! Knowing
Loki’s past at the end really made me view the whole story differently because he must have been so lonely and could never really grieve. I thought the whole manga was great but felt like the last few chapters were a bit rushed!
Dec 25, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
I understand why Loki did what he did but I hate him so much. I thought this manga started off so strong and halfway through just became so much worse. I am glad that in the end everything worked out as good as it could have.
:)
Apr 27, 2022 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
Loki deserved a better final act, his point of view and death was presented rushly, the ending as a whole felt rushed. But it was interesting manga.
Sep 30, 2022 10:37 AM
Jan 2014
What a stupid story. The reviews saying this wasn't a typical enemies to lovers story were lying as Nakaba falls for the prince within 5 chapters of them meeting and being hostile to one another. From there its just pointless melodrama to get Loki out of the way, redeem prince dude and ultimately kill Loki off so the heroine can have her once abusive husband. I have no idea why Japanese romance authors like these types of tropes so much but they are so exhausting to sit through. 2/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Reimei no Arcana Chapter 3 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Apr 8, 2012

3 by UfotableAssist »»
Oct 25, 2022 9:35 AM

» Why this isn't an anime yet?!

serina7 - May 15, 2022

0 by serina7 »»
May 15, 2022 12:49 PM

» What’s with the chapters?

Sightyping - Jan 4, 2021

3 by Sightyping »»
Jan 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Poll: » Reimei no Arcana Chapter 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2014

9 by aria980 »»
May 4, 2019 8:26 AM

Poll: » Reimei no Arcana Chapter 13 Discussion

stickymochi - Dec 12, 2010

3 by QueenAlice07 »»
Oct 2, 2018 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.