Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2007 10:35 PM

Aug 2006
All I have to say is what an awesome OVA that was! The flag pole scene was my personal favourite, I just loved the animations in the OVAs. And the way they left off, I'm just wondering how long will I have to wait until the next one is released because it'll seem like an eternity.

P.S. Is it me or does it seem that Alucard has a fetish for getting shot at the beginning of every fight?
zanmato666Apr 20, 2007 10:41 PM
Apr 20, 2007 11:29 PM

Oct 2006
I suppose he enjoys offering his measly opponents a little false hope so that he can completely crush their spirit when they see that he isn't dead. That or he's an extreme masochist hehe

Awesome episode, definitely. I'm looking forward to the next. I'm not fond of the lag time, but the quality and the lack of censorship more than make up for it.
Apr 21, 2007 6:48 AM

Jan 2007
I've been looking forward to seeing Pip animated for SO long now...and it was wonderful.
Apr 21, 2007 10:49 AM

Feb 2005
Seems the only subbed version I found did not include the very first scene (with Pip and the Geese in some city battlefield) peculiar...
Apr 28, 2007 1:04 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Just watched this subbed by Hanako and Demon Rin. Decent, but definitely not a keeper (pretty bad timing job).

Great episode though, really, really enjoying the OVAs. Questions though. Has Seras drank any blood yet? If not, why isn't she having trouble moving around and stuff? Also, why does Alucard refer to her as a pathetic lowest of levels vampire? He created her...and he's like the topmost of vampires. I suck at vampire lore, but aren't the vampires you "sire" supposed to be nearly as badass as yourself?
Apr 28, 2007 3:21 AM

Oct 2006
I think it's because she hasn't had any blood yet. Not that I remember, anyway. If I remember, he talked a bit at one point about how strong she'd be if she'd drink his blood, but she never did.
Apr 28, 2007 3:40 AM

Oct 2006
yeah i watched it last week and god that was awesome...
that ova3 was a pure masterpiece^^
i will definitely watch it again when #mahou releases their version...

Apr 28, 2007 6:15 AM

Feb 2005
I don't recall Seras ever drinking any blood up til ep3...
As for vampires becoming strong when they drink blood...You just wait and see :D
And I must say, I really do hope the next episode will be about "The Dawn"...
At least that one wallpaper on the official site seemed to imply so...
Apr 28, 2007 8:21 AM

Jan 2007
Xinil said:
Also, why does Alucard refer to her as a pathetic lowest of levels vampire? He created her...and he's like the topmost of vampires. I suck at vampire lore, but aren't the vampires you "sire" supposed to be nearly as badass as yourself?

Because she is pretty pathetic. :P She has enough of her human self left to still recoil at the thought of drinking blood, which keeps her from stepping up as the vampire badass she should could and he thinks it's ridiculous. At the end of OVA 1, after he's called her Police Girl for the hundredth time, she says, "my name is Seras Victoria!" and he says something to the effect of, "your name is Police Girl until you stop being so useless." I love that part. :)

So, yeah. She has the potential but she's limiting herself.
Apr 28, 2007 9:48 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
The wait for this show is too damn long. What chapters should I read from the manga to get the story rolling?
Apr 28, 2007 10:36 AM

Jan 2007
I think this covers just about through volume 3 of the manga? Plus or minus some. In volume 4 the real meat starts to unfold, but...hm. You know, just read it all. :)
May 2, 2007 8:03 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
One note before you read anything: the manga is so good it's likely to be able to particularly ruin your impressions from the upcoming episodes. Fortunately enough, OVA is much better than the TV series, but even it isn't really pushing it to the limits. I should say, it follows the manga pretty closely, but still not quite as elaborate in some aspects and not as good as it could be regarding the animation quality (most scenes look flat and noticeably undetailed, much like the TV series, and the bloom effect doesn't do a very good job concealing it).

So, to put it shortly: this manga can spoil you easily. Consider it before reading.
May 3, 2007 5:49 PM

Jan 2005
read it all, its my suggestion. and what i've understood, they make one volume into one OVA episode, so OVA 3 includes Volume 03 on it...

damn, i wanna get more Hellsing manga, more more more gimme! damn lazyass creators, make more of the goodie for me <3
Truly yours, Arinohyoshi

~ Join the SOL Brigade Today! ~ Save our World by Overloading it with Lolis! ~
May 4, 2007 6:41 AM

Apr 2007
holy sh*t i saw ep 3 today it's so awesome!

loved the massacre scene.

May 4, 2007 8:00 AM

Jan 2007
There are bits from Volume 3 - really good bits, I think - that were left out. I mean, it's understandable that they can't fit everything in, but...just go read it. It's wonderful.
May 6, 2007 4:18 AM

Feb 2005
Hehe...I did miss the target practice scene, and Benadottes singing XD...
May 10, 2007 1:54 AM

Oct 2006
Baman said:
Seems the only subbed version I found did not include the very first scene (with Pip and the Geese in some city battlefield) peculiar...

Same here. Has anyone happened across a decent sub for this episode yet?
May 10, 2007 7:15 AM

Jan 2007
The Demon Rin sub is OK...not fabulous, but good. And it's complete.
Jul 26, 2007 11:12 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was a little odd that they keep using random parts from farther ahead in the series. Like in OVA 2 they show Van Helsing like torturing Alucard and in that is from book 4. And the end fight of OVA 3 is from book 4 also.

Hopefully OVA 4 isint really boring because volume 4 is lacking in the action department.
Aug 5, 2007 12:52 AM

May 2007
does anyone know WHEN ep 4 comes out.

need to know

Aug 5, 2007 6:29 AM

Feb 2005
Absolutely no idea. Hopefully sometime this year though -___-
Aug 14, 2007 2:46 AM
May 2007
Maybe an update on the "when is it going to be released / Duke nukem forever" questions :D
Aug 20, 2007 10:13 AM

Jun 2007
Tohdman said:
Hopefully OVA 4 isint really boring because volume 4 is lacking in the action department.

Plot developement isn't boring. Especially not where crazy Nazis are involved.

Personally, I'm just satisfied we got a decent, animated Tublacain Alhambra at long last. Very much the most overlooked villain in the series. And as much as some of the left-out material bothers people, nothing displeases me more than Geneon leaving out Alucard having a sip from a blood donor bag from volume 1. Tch.

Still, brilliant series.
Sep 2, 2007 12:05 PM

Aug 2007
The only releases I've seen of this were in chinese. Who's subbing this?

EDIT: cancel that, I'm going senile or something =P

Just watched it. Man, nothing does vampires like Hellsing. Excellent stuff, a really worthy adaptation.
YourMessageHereSep 2, 2007 4:19 PM
Sep 2, 2007 4:29 PM

Jan 2007
Haha...even in Chinese, or raw, it's still fun to watch. :P
Sep 3, 2007 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
Just watched it and it was just AWESOME, _MUCH_ better than the tv series (though the series was good too ^^). The Nazis weren't in series? Do I remember right?
Sep 4, 2007 12:13 PM
Sep 2007
I really loved this ep - the lift scene was my personal favourite =D
Sep 8, 2007 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
it was amazing... extra violence, blood and gore, and that monologue from alucard...priceless! can't wait for episode 4 ^_^
AlucardSep 8, 2007 2:34 PM
What i am about to kill are just mere humans. But i can kill them. Without any hesitation, without a trace of regret. Because I am a monster. So what about you, Integra? I will pick up my guns. I will take aim at my targets. I will put the ammo in the magazines, pull the slides, and even take the safeties off. But...
...it is your intent that kills. So what would you do? Your orders, Hellsing director.
Sep 11, 2007 8:33 AM
Nov 2006
Xinil said:
Great episode though, really, really enjoying the OVAs. Questions though. Has Seras drank any blood yet? If not, why isn't she having trouble moving around and stuff?

He makes her sleep in a coffin, near the earth as much as he can, it's the only thing that's making her stronger then a regular human with an incredibly long life (is what I remember).

Excellent episode, excellent ova.
Personally I think they could have made his bites a little better :P
Sep 11, 2007 10:07 AM

Sep 2007
I thought the bites were cool... mainly the one where Alucard cuts a soldier's head off :P
What i am about to kill are just mere humans. But i can kill them. Without any hesitation, without a trace of regret. Because I am a monster. So what about you, Integra? I will pick up my guns. I will take aim at my targets. I will put the ammo in the magazines, pull the slides, and even take the safeties off. But...
...it is your intent that kills. So what would you do? Your orders, Hellsing director.
Sep 11, 2007 10:08 AM

Sep 2007
Heigen said:
Just watched it and it was just AWESOME, _MUCH_ better than the tv series (though the series was good too ^^). The Nazis weren't in series? Do I remember right?

no, the nazis weren't in the series... although there was a millenium reference
Oct 16, 2007 7:57 PM

Jul 2007
Anyone get the dub verson of volume 3? The extra features has some really cool stuff in it and the Anderson bust is awesome.

Excuse me, Anderson 'relief figure'.
Oct 17, 2007 10:54 AM

Jan 2007
I just watched the dub - got it from Netflix, so I missed out on all the extra features. :/ But it was great. I forgot how much I love Integra's VA. And Crispin...drool.

Montana Max sounds totally gay though. lol
Oct 19, 2007 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
I really cant wait till OVA 4... I want to see my Gay-Nazi-Catboy (see my profile pic) in animation xD
Oct 19, 2007 10:08 PM

Jul 2007
Megadedhed said:
I really cant wait till OVA 4... I want to see my Gay-Nazi-Catboy (see my profile pic) in animation xD

Is he really gay? I seriously thought it was a girl that was lacking a chest when I was read the manga. I wouldint doubt it I guess.
Oct 20, 2007 8:17 AM

Jun 2007
Tohdman said:
Megadedhed said:

Is he really gay? I seriously thought it was a girl that was lacking a chest when I was read the manga. I wouldint doubt it I guess.

No one knows if he is really gay, but in my mind (and many other Fangirls/guys) he is.
Oct 27, 2007 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
Megadedhed said:
Tohdman said:
Megadedhed said:

No one knows if he is really gay, but in my mind (and many other Fangirls/guys) he is.

I seriously hope Stephanie Sheh plays Yukie in a bad-ass voice if she gets the english voice.
Nov 2, 2007 3:54 PM

May 2007
ep 4 should be arriving any time now -_-!

Nov 10, 2007 11:47 AM

Feb 2005
Yes, it SHOULD.
And i bloody well hope it will. This waiting is getting painful.
Nov 20, 2007 1:14 PM

Sep 2007
JackCox said:
Megadedhed said:
Tohdman said:
Megadedhed said:

I seriously hope Stephanie Sheh plays Yukie in a bad-ass voice if she gets the english voice.

English Dubbed? Man, that sucks :P
Nov 20, 2007 1:33 PM

Jan 2005
I hope it will be here soon, but I kind of liked the reason for being postponed. Especially: "(...)we're not going to be done in time. the Originally planned Run Time of 57 Minutes keeps going up!"
Nov 28, 2007 3:07 PM

Jun 2007
Alucard said:
JackCox said:
Megadedhed said:
Tohdman said:
Megadedhed said:

English Dubbed? Man, that sucks :P

Not for this series. but then again, it IS a British dub for a series that takes place in england
Dec 15, 2007 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Anyone else bummed that the Hellsing OVA's aren't coming out in English anymore? I usually don't if anime isn't dubbed Hellsing makes sense because they all should be speaking English.

Also, there is still no release date for OVA 4.
Dec 18, 2007 10:35 AM
Oct 2007
I prefer japaneese since the english dubs always contains lameassvoiceactors who were picked out just cause they looked like the characters :/
Dec 20, 2007 11:40 AM

May 2007
ahhhhhhhhh

help me im haveing hellsing withdrawls

Dec 20, 2007 11:43 AM

Aug 2007
Is the 4th OVA out yet?

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 20, 2007 11:45 AM

May 2007
no

Dec 21, 2007 5:42 AM

Dec 2007
My guess is sometime in January or February.
Dec 24, 2007 9:12 AM
Jun 2007
this was posted on Demon Rin's site.
Now, for OVA News! CD Japan, the site that usually has OVA release dates before anyone else, has updated with a new listing for Hellsing IV, with a new street date of February 22nd, 2008.
This news is a double-edged sword. on the Brigher side, we have a release date again. Based on how far back this one is, I think this might be the final one too! The darker side of the news is just that, it's really far back. So, take this news as you will.

well, that's good news since it's only less than 2 months till its release.

avrcDec 24, 2007 8:49 PM
Jan 2, 2008 1:34 PM
Oct 2007
I just don't want to think how long it will take to release V =/
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.