Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most unfair advantage a person can have? Why?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
Being born, pretty much.

That's the one thing you can't control and the one thing that pretty much decides your life. (The first few years at least)
May 19, 2014 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Please refrain from doing simple listing. E.g Money,$$$, etc. State why you think your opinion.
May 19, 2014 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
I think having your life planned out because you don't have to worry what you're going to do with the rest of your life if your parents\guardian already planned it out for you.
TobiMay 19, 2014 8:46 PM
May 19, 2014 9:04 PM
Dec 2013
Born without some sort of disability, I've seen people who can't walk,speak,eat properly and have someone to shower them and go toilet with them every time.

And it's also one thing you can't control.
May 19, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
I don't believe any advantage or disadvantage is "unfair" I think it is what it is.

I didn't choose, and no one else chose. There are people better off than me and people worse off.

I find it unhealthy to view an advantage as unfair. You're better off to just deal with the fact that someone has it better than you and do what you can do to make your life what you want it to be.
May 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
Being born into a rich family with parents willing to spoil you until you die. I actually know a person who, after going to college, is living at home on his parents' dime. He has no job, doesn't plan on getting a job, doesn't pay rent, doesn't help out with chairs, and throws temper tantrums like a little kid every time things don't go his way.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 19, 2014 10:49 PM

May 2010
Basically anyone who wins that isn't me is being totally unfair.

Especially enemies in video games that automatically win because of plot.
May 19, 2014 11:13 PM
Jul 2011
appeal (looks, physical attributes)

being born into a rich family.

having a extroverted personality... (or just being able to socialize)

being femal.e

brains that work with society.

being a certain race or nationality.

having a up bringing were ur not limited by anyone, u can aspire to do what ever u want.

probably genetics is a huge thing... thats something i cant change no matter how hard i try.
May 19, 2014 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
LadyRenly said:
Being born beautiful. It's something that you had no control over, but will impact your life majorly, for the better.

That depends in my opinion. Beauty can be a curse for some people. It can make you a target too. Little problems that can escalate fast in other words. A friend of my mothers was a model at one point. She was born beautiful and grew up in the same way but she would much rather have had average looks because of the problems she faced.
May 19, 2014 11:55 PM

Mar 2014
iSuckAtWriting said:
Having a natural talent for whatever they do. I envy people who don't have to try so hard. <<;
This usually ends up sucking for those people in the long run, because the going always gets tough, and if you've never had to struggle you'll get swept away with the tide.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2014 2:12 AM
May 2013
Being born into a family with money is a good one. While it's true the child could end up going to spoiled, lazy route, they also at least have the opportunities, should they choose to seize them, to really thrive and develop as a person because their basic survival is covered. Many, many people struggle with the survival part and are unable to thrive. It sucks.
May 20, 2014 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
no_good_name said:
Being black, seems like you can really milk it these days.

The age of the white man is coming to an end.

Aye, I'm black but I couldn't give two shits about my race because I wasn't raised to be defensive about the colour of my skin. Can't say the same for others. A lot of blacks have a chip on their shoulder and I kind of get that because of the past but you can't blame the people of today because stuff that happened in the past. Have it in for racists, not races.
May 20, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
Having a photographic memory because it makes you really smart :/

Kinda obvious.
May 20, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 2012
Wealth- it immediately gives you many more opportunities in life then middle class or poor people.

May 20, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2012
Health. I'd rather be healthy than rich and likely to die at anytime. Even though I agree money is a big advantage that we can absolutely call unfair.
May 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
Money.
May 20, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
Being born rich. You can just make a vacation of life while the others just fight every day to survive.
Second is being born a nice looking woman. You can just fuck with everybody, ether literally or metaphorically.

Mentalii said:
Health. I'd rather be healthy than rich and likely to die at anytime. Even though I agree money is a big advantage that we can absolutely call unfair.

Your health pretty much depends on your money this days.
Poor man get sick with no money for big treatments. Fuck him, his poor no one cares. Rich guy gets sick? Whole fucking scientific community going up and down to save him.
MonadMay 20, 2014 2:26 PM
May 20, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
Growing up in a village where there happen to be a large number of girls who you befriend throughout your childhood, who develop such deep rooted feelings for you that even when you move away only to return in your freshman year of high school, they all remember promises to marry, or become your girlfriend even if you have no recollection of it what so ever.
May 20, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2011
Maybe being born without a disability because you have no control when it comes to that stuff.
May 20, 2014 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
Being born as an extremely attractive person in a wealthy family

You'll be living life in easy mode
May 20, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
Money opens so many doors. Children raised in wealthy homes get so many more resources, can afford tutors, better schools, etc.

Wealth is always an unfair advantage when it comes to schooling.
May 20, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
Boombawks said:
no_good_name said:

And we are now in the process of entering the age of the gays.
True and true. Interesting to think about.
May 20, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2014
Zarbel said:
no_good_name said:

Aye, I'm black but I couldn't give two shits about my race because I wasn't raised to be defensive about the colour of my skin. Can't say the same for others. A lot of blacks have a chip on their shoulder and I kind of get that because of the past but you can't blame the people of today because stuff that happened in the past. Have it in for racists, not races.
Yeah, its a shame really, because in the 70's, racism was really prevalent against minorities, the wounds are healing, but some unfortunately all those years of white oppression by a dwindling population of white supremacists has led to a backlash which is now out of place.

Still, the occasional story on police discrimination and brutality makes me kind of question all the white people talking about what it's like to be black.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Being born into a rich, loving family.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

22 by traed »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

26 by Serafos »»
11 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
2 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.