Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2009 5:06 AM

May 2008
Not bad the whole thing really caught my attention 8/10

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 24, 2009 5:41 AM

Sep 2008
ESTELLAR_SKI said:
Well I dont think Hakuren left the church to go back to his father, because like didnt his father said tat he wanst his son anymore and doesnt Hakuren still hates him??

You should have put that into spoiler tags

Sep 24, 2009 8:42 AM
Jun 2009
well, it was fun to watch and stuff but... it was just incredibly gay. Not two-friends-holding-hands-gay, more like two-naked-guys-kissing-each-other's-genitalia-gay. nvm. fun to watch if u can tolerate that. waiting for sequel ; D
Sep 24, 2009 11:37 AM

Aug 2007
zaul said:
well, it was fun to watch and stuff but... it was just incredibly gay. Not two-friends-holding-hands-gay, more like two-naked-guys-kissing-each-other's-genitalia-gay. nvm. fun to watch if u can tolerate that. waiting for sequel ; D
I felt like they added more of that in the anime than there originally was in the manga. Sure, it already had some, but... it's studio Deen. They have pretty much shoujo-ai and shounen-ai anime and are good in screwing up manga.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 24, 2009 1:09 PM

Nov 2007
I hate cliffhanged endings, especially on good anime =/
Sep 24, 2009 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
Cool! I hope to do even a second season!
Sep 24, 2009 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
what the-
that's the ending?
i hate it. >.<

maybe there is season 2.
if there is none, i'll better read the manga.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 25, 2009 3:09 AM

May 2009
There is no ending here
The anime was like an advertising for the manga .
Sep 25, 2009 1:07 PM

Jun 2007
KayChan4U said:
Well, for one I really liked this episode. Lovely MikageTeito and FrauTeito scenes. I'm not complaining about the fight with Ayanami really. It just leaves everything open for a season 2 so they can REALLY duke it out. God I want more. I love this series <3

9/10

Everything you just said.
Well I'm off to read the manga :3
Sep 25, 2009 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
Not as good as I would've hoped for a season finale, but not too bad. The fight with Ayanami ended just when it seemed to really get going and the military invasion seemed to end without accomplishing much. Still I enjoyed the episode and the ending although Teito grabbing Frau's waist to prove he's grown up is o.O Open-ended but leaves it at an interesting place, no more church and Teito passed his exam whilst Ayanami waits for him to lead him to Pandora's Box.

Overall I lean towards giving the show a six. I loved the non-Zaiphon animation, the characters, the voice actors (especially Shou Hayami, perfect voice for a villain), the premise, the OST, and the overall story even if the pacing ground to a halt more than once. The character designs were bishie but it's hard to argue that most of them, especially Ayanami, didn't look great or have a neat style.

I've never read the manga but it's obvious there was a lot of wasted potential with this series. The show was also literally pretty gay but I can live with the gayness as long as there's no kissing and no [imore running-and-jumping-into-another-guy's-arms-followed-by-twirling.

So yeah, I'd be up for a second season. Like I said, love the premise and there's a lot of potential. Maybe they can learn from their errors with a second season.
Sep 25, 2009 9:51 PM

Apr 2007
Ahohime said:
Fail. I didn't like this episode. It was boring, and quite anti climatic. The series gets 5/10 from me.

I agree, that was horrendous. I don't think I have ever seen a series with as bad an ending as that. I couldn't be any more disappointed right now and I wasn't even expecting much to begin with. They didn't resolve one freaking thing and then Teito, as if to tease us, even starts listing a bunch of things they left hanging!

This series really went nowhere from the beginning with the only notable thing happening is when Mikage died. Overall I gave it a 6 for Fine even though I really should give it a 5.
Sep 27, 2009 2:05 AM

Apr 2008
Wonderful Teito/Mikage moments! And Teito finally warmed up to Frau. The hug was so sweet. ^_^ Teito didn't just lose things.
Sep 27, 2009 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
I find this episode little different then then the manga. ( yes I read the chapter before reading the sub for this epsidoe). Um I think i need to go back and re-read the chapter.
I give this epside a 50/50 half was ok and was bad. To bad the episode was low quality.
I couldn't get much screen shot.
wakka9ca said:
noteDhero said:
Pretty stupid episode. Totally nonsensical. They mention Pandora's Box and don't really say anything. Teito get's a ridiculous power out of nowhere, and then they abruptly end the fight and do lots of flashbacks, recycled retrospect, and cgi. And, just to be clear, they gayed up Labrador with feathers or fur, and of course Mikage, Mikhail, Frau, and Hakuren x Teito.
Overall, the show could have been good without the ridiculous amount of filler and lame fanservice. I feel like they're inching toward real plot so if there is a sequel, I'd probably watch it. Want to give it a five, but nothing really happened over 25 weeks.
4/10

Indeed, nothing happened in the first season. The last episode was simply "wait for the second season"...It had probably the slowest plot progression I have seen in anime....

I agreed I keep for getting what is this episode was about and for this season I think its about overcome darkness and moving on. But I feel like DEED left it like that because maybe one day they will pick it back up again. ANd talk about the box and stuff that should be in season 1.
DeathfireD said:
This episode felt way to rushed. One second we're in the middle of a heated discussion about Pandora's box and the next moment Taito shoots light out from his stick (no pun intended) and there's a 40 second "fight". I wasn't pleased with this episode at all. It didn't feel like a season ending nor did it even feel like a full episode. I surly hope that if they make a second season they don't make crap episodes like this again.

Yeah I thought its was me thinking like that.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Sep 27, 2009 9:47 PM

Sep 2008
so from an anime view point it did end pretty well. wasn't to many loop holes and they kept really close to the manga except the last 2 eps..

although the series was so stretched out.. I bet it could have been 20, or maybe even 16 eps long -_-
Sep 28, 2009 4:51 AM

Oct 2008
The supposedly heartwarming scenes went a bit overboard for me..
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 28, 2009 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
This series has been cool, 8/10 because it has a fresh feeling to it, albeit it had some cliche frienship moments and I will beat the bad guy, the producers were able to make it well. This last episode I believe has had a decent ending to an ongoing series, it leaves a hint of a cliffhanger and shows poignant feeling towards Teito's new master! Good series left off with a cliffhanger and us hoping for a second season.
Sep 29, 2009 3:48 PM

Jul 2008
O.o
lolz it finally ends
to be honest i skipped through this episode
the ending was predictable for meh
and the series started boring me out halfway
same goes for the episode..
but w.e
5/10

second season?
i say no
Oct 2, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 2009
So um, there has to be a second season. I thought the first season was a good opening to the story but it ends where it should just be beginning. Teito's developed quite a bit but the plot has gone no where, there's still so much left to be resolved and Teito's true journey is only beginning. At least that's how I felt at the end of this episode. Looking forward to season two as season one was good, it just felt like a season long intro.
Oct 2, 2009 10:01 AM
Dec 2008
w8in' 2nd season) No more, no less.
Oct 2, 2009 9:05 PM

Sep 2009
5/10 for the series for me.

The art is good, just that the explosions and the zaiphon's were a bit overdone that it looks really out of placed. It would of been better if it was more natural. There was also a little bit of blood, or censoring of killing.

The sound is good, good opening and ending theme song, especially how they execute it. However, some of the voicing was bad, like the girl kor. Also, when a sword or sythe slashes someone, it makes a slashing noise, but they block those out. It reminds me of hitman reborn of them punching someone without the punching noises.

The characters were mostly good. I love the art for all of them. I must say the three bishops, castor, labrador and frau were the best. They were well drawn, and i just like their character. Teito was ok, didn't really pique my interest as a character. Just an average main character, like sawada from hitman reborn (yea this series reminds me a lot of hitman reborn). They made the bad guys look badass too, which is good.

The story, was ok... It was slow at first. Actually it was really slow. They kept repeating the same thing over and the episode would only move forward by an inch. There was no climax to anything. Teito is just so indecisive that it makes the story not go forward. I mean they spent like an episode of him trying to figure out if he should trust the church or not. And he goes not trusting anyone. He should read Bloody Monday and that'll show him that he's got it nice with the trusting.

Enjoyment was ok. It was a good series, actually, it had the potential to be. Maybe showing more of the 7 ghosts would be good. I gave it such a low rank because there was just so many fails in this series that i can't give it a good score. I came in with high hopes, and came out with a disappointment. Although I must admit, I like the way they ended the series. Left out a big open to season 2. Hopefully they'll do much better.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Oct 3, 2009 5:56 AM

Dec 2007
andrewsch5658 said:

Btw, how many manga chapters included in this season??

Skip the first 24 chapters if you've watched the anime. The anime kind of ends around halfway in chapter 25 (so it's covered basically half of the existing chapters that are out).
Oct 3, 2009 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
Loved the series, loved the episode and I definitely want more!

froomball said:
Skip the first 24 chapters if you've watched the anime. The anime kind of ends around halfway in chapter 25 (so it's covered basically half of the existing chapters that are out).

The anime must have followed the manga pretty damn close then. I'll likely read read them anyways just to look at the art, but thanks for the heads up on that.
Oct 3, 2009 6:13 PM
Jun 2009
That was so anti-climatic. There had better be a second season. Just in case there isn't however, I just started reading the manga.
Oct 3, 2009 9:09 PM

Feb 2008
Wasn't bad.
This series was handled nicely from start to finish.
Although nothin' awesome it was still good.
I give this series an 8/10.
Awesome voice cast; the animation may not be the best but the direction was good so it doesn't matter that the animation's lacking; although it kinda faltered with the couple last episodes, but I've overlooked that. The music's great too. Love the ED a lot.
It would be nice to get a second season. :']
If not...I guess I have another that I need to put in my to-read manga list. Lawl.
Glad I finally finish the series. :'} Yey.

Edit: But I'm basing this to the anime only since I haven't read the manga. Once I do read the manga, I'll see what the right score for this series would be...
FukuWijaOct 3, 2009 9:12 PM

Oct 6, 2009 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
I love this anime.. Hate it to end.. T_T..
hope will be seeing next season next year.. the ayanami said bout putting Teito in the cage is so cool.. @ @

Oct 6, 2009 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
My senses are telling me there's going to be a second season. YAY! =D
Love the scene between Teito and Mikage.
Also the ending with Frau, was perfect.

All im all i rate this series, 8/10
Oct 8, 2009 4:13 PM

Apr 2009
Not as great as the episode could have been executed. Rather anti-climactic really. Instead of getting an epic fight, Ayanami retreats like a little pussy. How disappointing. :(

Not to mention the open-ended conclusion to the 07 Ghost anime. I feel it's kind of infuriating, especially since it was going to get good and then it just ends right there. A second season would be nice to see, especially since they ended it in a way that suggests a second season for the anime.

Kind of a disappointing ending, but overall I enjoyed watching this series. I'll have to start the manga.
This anime gets a 7/10 from me.
Oct 12, 2009 4:32 AM

Oct 2009
I think it is a good anime..
The story line is interesting, the ending is too open.. It don't suppose to end here.. There are still lots of mystery and it don't suppose to end here..

I'm hoping for the second season... please make it ! T___T

But I love this anime very much.. perfect score from me

Oct 12, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2007
*Teito embraces Frau and they both ride off into the sunset*

5/10
Oct 13, 2009 8:06 AM

May 2009
I feel like this was kinda a bullshit last episode with nothing happening :(
Oct 13, 2009 5:45 PM

Sep 2008
This felt... bad. Had high hopes in the beginning, and everything crashed in the end.
5/10
Oct 15, 2009 11:49 PM

Oct 2009
good episode =]
definately hoping there will be a second season mainly because i wanna see more than teito in district 7 lol

Oct 21, 2009 4:45 AM

Jan 2009
froomball said:
andrewsch5658 said:

Btw, how many manga chapters included in this season??

Thanks.
Oct 21, 2009 8:53 PM

Apr 2009
so awesome! i gave it! 10/10 : )
PM me and let's be friends.
Oct 23, 2009 11:33 PM

Jan 2009
I'll just go a summary and say some stuff abut the last 4 episodes (22-25) since I was without internet during the o so late watching of these last ones.. So here goes then

First of all, 22:
So, Teito learnt of a bit more of his past.. Not something really interesting though.
23: And here we got to see how Teito (and Hakuren, and that other whatever-his-name guy) bested that bridge of whateverness.
24: Now then, time for Real Ayanami. And Kuroyuri is really annoying, as usual.
But, I lol'd when Teito went "Shut up, shut up, shut up!", I instantly thought of Shana's "Urusai, urusai, urusai!", even though Teito didn't use the same word for it : p

Last episode, 25:
How.. Not Unexpected this ending was, huh? Although I think I would've prefered to see Ayanami dead by the end of the episode (or Teito dead, for that matter, I don't care), that would've at least led to an ending that was directly unsuitable for a sequel.. I'm not sure really, Do I want a sequel or not? I mean, as much as I hate endings that are not followed up, it could probably be fine like this?
Also, funny how Teito lent a hand to Mikhail in the end.. Or something like that.

Anyway, tl;dr, Teito actually grew up a bit throughout this, and Hakuren's one of my favorite characters, Frau being the other one.
And the collar Teito has still annoys the heck out of me xD.....
I think I'll still give this a 7/10, since it wasn't bad, and it wasn't awesome either, although it had some potential, once upon a time...
And I probably have to read the manga to get some kind of conclusion to the whole thing?

OH AND BTW, too goddamn much Mikage was too goddamn much, seriously, he's gotta have been the worst/most annoying/most despicable/etc. character of this show, I hate him, period.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 8, 2009 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
That fight was completely nonsensical, where did they pull that hax and those bright lights from? Just, what. Disappointed, I am. I feel shafted on canon information, like Rita Skeeter =/= beetle, /nerds out.

And from looking at this series just as it is, the conclusion is kind of dumb.
Nov 10, 2009 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
D'awww, too bad Hakuren stayed behind D: He > Teito, so it's not like I want to watch another season of Teito WITHOUT Hakuren being there to compensate x__X AND CASTOR, GOD DAMN IT. Best thing about this series. But Frau will be there. I can manage.
Man, the best quote of this episode is 'And you're so bright you're blinding as you burn through my eyelids'. WHAT.

I liked the music, that's true. Full version of OP really set the mood for the fight, and then that pretty song x3
A good ending (missed moment of awesome because Ayanami just went 'RETREAT', but I loved the part when Teito and Frau flew away on the hawk thingy) to a very mediocre series.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 28, 2009 4:52 AM

Oct 2008
Done with re-watching 07-Ghost.

After watching it for the 2nd time, I guess they could have done it a bit better.. oh well, hope they don't stuff up the second season.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 4, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
I thought that it was a pretty good ending. I had a hard time getting myself through the first half of the series but once the action started to pick up, I found myself enjoying it more. I especially liked the art and the music in the series, both of which were simply amazing.
I suppose what I didn't like about the ending is that the bad guys got away and that it didn't really end on a solid note for me. I'm hoping there's a sequel.
I gave it a 7/10.
Jan 10, 2010 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
Cali4nian said:
good episode =]
definately hoping there will be a second season mainly because i wanna see more than teito in district 7 lol

Agreed need to have a second season
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jan 26, 2010 11:35 AM

Jan 2010
Wow! 07-Ghost is actually a pretty decent anime, but the last episode kinda ruined it. BUT it was sooo cute!

Damn it! i miss mikage, and how he showed up was adorable! (OK i admit it was a bit gay but so what?) Even if im a big die-heart fan of shounen-ai, i dont like the pairing between frau and teito. dont ask me 'why the hell not' >:( cuz i wont answer!
But anyway, considering the ending, i say they can still make a second season, they have somehwhat enough chapters.

GO 07-GHOST!!!!
Feb 15, 2010 7:30 AM

Dec 2008
I'm quite at a lost o.o I feel like I'm not getting why Ayanami retreated and Teito had to rush getting out of the church...?
Anyhow,
The battle between church people vs Barsburg army was cool and decent. I was pretty excited at the beginning with the flash of light and all but then...>_> haha not as epic as I thought it would be.
Teito and Hyakuren moment! Gyaaah!!! >.< Ripped my heart. Hyakuren is my fav character!....s-so it was heart wrenching (>___<,) Why they have to be separated!? Why!?!?! *sobs*
Ahh Teito and Frau moment...wow XD Totally loving it~ With the requiem in the bg and the (amazingly nose-bleed-moment) hug <3 Just awesome. Talk about fanservice at the last moment.

With all that ranting, I have to say the ending is well done. Just right to make a 2nd season.
8/10
Feb 19, 2010 12:10 AM

Sep 2008
Teito didn't even get the chance to bid Mamiko Noto farewell. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2010 1:37 PM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed this series. So many awesome characters. Can't wait for the second season to come out. Happy they are taking it somewhere else besides just in the church.

Overall, I gave this series a 8/10.

Jul 26, 2010 1:09 PM

Jun 2009
What's up with Ayanami? Did Teito show him that he has something to take care of? lol. He even smiled, didn't he. :D
Anyway great anime! I'd love to see 2nd season if there was one.
I miss Frau already! :D
''Even if your throne crumbles and your shiny crown turns to rust. Even if the bodies pile up endlessly. Above the bottomless piles of corpses beside you as you lay softly down I will be, until I hear the words, check mate'' Sebastian Michaelis.
Jul 29, 2010 3:41 AM

Apr 2010
This is super interesting/disappointing episode.
I feel like the whole thing is like an introduction to a second season or something. If this is all that is for the anime then it was no good, if it was really an introduction for a future second season then it OWNS.

I think I'm started liking Lance too.

And this Teito/Frau moment made me go all awww-ing if anything it made this episode alot better!!

I thought I'd really downrate this series once it's done.

So far.

10/10 and made it to my favorites, enough said.

Damn I'll miss Frau, I guess rewatching this isn't a bad idea after all.
Jul 30, 2010 11:20 PM
Nov 2007
>< me want season 2 XD
Apr 26, 2011 1:18 AM

Dec 2009
Good. Overall: 7/10

Sep 19, 2011 4:07 PM

Dec 2009
Unlike many people, i loved the series so much! And i like the ending, it actually doens't make me feel as mad as i always with Pandora Hearts ending, for example.
It so makes me wanna read the manga and that's what i'm going to do. But i'll wait 'til i can buy the first volume and then i'll start reading. The story is awesome and the characters too. I love Frau and Teito. <3 And i want to know more about Teito's past of course.
May 24, 2012 10:47 AM

Feb 2008
So anti-climatic and the pacing of the series was really slow. I love bishounens but I'm not a fan of shounen-ai. Gah. I hope it redeems itself if there's going to be a second season.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2009

44 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 19 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 10, 2009

48 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

47 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 7:23 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2009

124 by senekohan »»
Mar 25, 12:19 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2009

79 by Diamond_Sel »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.