Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 11:56 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was.... Weird... I did expected that... but not as dramatic as it were... Nor as romatic it was... Anyway the soul of Bleach is still there... Ichigo and Rukia and the Shinigami Business and all that stuff... I loved the mini Rukia and how Ichigo actually helped Orihime and her dad to get to the light... Lol at Orihime's dad reason to transform into a hollow... BTW... I kinda understand the Bleach Universe... I'll keep on reading yeh!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2009 3:27 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, that was weiiiiird.

It was an average chapter I guess, but turning the story around was kinda weird for me. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 25, 2009 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
weird hollows not having masks, but it had a funny ending, but i prefer the version they released for the actual serialization
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 9, 2010 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
OMG! Orihime was dead. Like a dream that finally came true. =D

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Dec 31, 2010 10:59 AM

Aug 2010
Um, it was okay. I much prefer the manga series, though.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 1, 2011 4:11 AM

Jan 2009
I like the version that is out now, but I would like to read a continuation of the first version as well. It would be cool to see the first version made into an anime and had the story progress from there.
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Mar 26, 2012 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
Fahlaine said:
OMG! Orihime was dead. Like a dream that finally came true. =D

you said it!

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Apr 1, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting if it was actually an early draft of Bleach. Can't help loving Inoue :D Mini Rukia's so cute
Jan 26, 2015 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
I am going to have to re read this after I finish bleach

Jun 10, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
It would have been better if her father was the hollow and not her brother in the main manga too, because that would have meant she had a good childhood.
Oct 23, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2018
That was incredibly surprising! The idea of having Rukia shrunk due to the loss of her power seemed to me a brilliant idea! I also liked the fact that Ichigo met her as she was gloriously fighting Hollows. In the actual series she seems weak in front of her enemy (when Ichigo first meets her).

Other than that, it felt more like a parody of the actual series.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 25, 2022 9:19 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting how vastly different it is to how the manga adapted into.
I don't clearly remember the Bleach lore of the hollows, but it felt very different from what I remembered until I informed myself again through wiki.

Nonetheless, it's intriguing how different it is overall while being more comedic like early Bleach before a villain arc starts.
Ichigo being more involved with ghosts is cool and would have been great as a concept of a protagonist empathisizing and comprehending and helping the dead ghosts which isn't exactly the case in Bleach.
The difference of how he becomes indebted to Rukia is far less dramatic and more comedic than Bleach, where here she castes the ghosts following him away which causes her to shrink as Mini-Rukia which is hilarious.
Unlike the original where Rukia takes the chance to turn Ichigo into a Soul Reaper so they can both survive and defeat a Hollow.

The kinda earlier hint of Orihime's crush on Ichigo was sweet, but crazy that she was used as a ghost heroine from the start after she died from her father's wish (shoving her down stairs) as a (unmasked) hollow to be with her.
It's odd to see a father become a hollow and kill her daughter as one of temporary Soul Reaper Ichigo's first event, but overall it was decent and had cool concepts.

Although, the manga is far superior which I prefer and am glad how it evolved from this...
I personally liked how this prototype had Ichigo as more of a Ghost-Helper which could have been cool if it was included more in the manga.
A father turning into an evil father wanting to kill his daugther as a hollow due to jealousy feels excessively ridiculous... a ghost heroine is sad but a powerful introduction in its own way, while Rukia's involvement was decent comedically. 6/10.
Mar 20, 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
Peak!! Orihime dies falling down the stairs, Ichigo stabs her in the neck and tells Rukia he loves her. This pilot may have been better than the main series.

Pixie Rukia bathing in hot milk was great too, glad this didn't make it to Bleach but still funny.

More topics from this board

» Where can I read this?

lynsie - Mar 11, 2022

1 by removed-user »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.