Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A rather meh start I must say, a lot could've been filled but the whole episode was rather casual and not all that much happened either... Either way let's see what the second episode has to offer!
Aug 20, 2016 12:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first Ova, but a little simple....wait the second will be better. 4/10.
Dec 21, 2018 9:06 PM

Aug 2015
So, this was confusing. It starts with what seems like a recap of a first episode, explaing briefly the premise and alluding to a fight, being narrated by bad guys with what looks like footage of a previous episode. The whole premise of this episode, two enemies getting revenge on Compiler and Assembler, would seem imply this episode isn't a first episode. Yet this seems to be the first. Oh well.

It's pretty clearly written for manga readers since it's not one of those OVAs that are written to for newcomers to the story, like Oh My Goddess, for example. Since I didn't read the manga this is a big negative.

Otoh I like Kia Asamiya's art and I really liked Upload/Download and their plentiful nudity, and there was also a giant kaiju-style Colonel Sanders statue, which was maybe one of the best things I've seen.
glassknucklesDec 21, 2018 9:09 PM
Jun 27, 2020 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
glassknuckles said:
So, this was confusing. It starts with what seems like a recap of a first episode, explaing briefly the premise and alluding to a fight, being narrated by bad guys with what looks like footage of a previous episode. The whole premise of this episode, two enemies getting revenge on Compiler and Assembler, would seem imply this episode isn't a first episode.

felt like the OP to me at first but oh well :p
guess they used the opening to set the premise and then just continued with slice of live i guess xD

Jun 30, 2020 3:03 PM

Dec 2015
ohw kay then looks like more things makes more sense if you seen the music video(s) which were aired before the ova got released https://myanimelist.net/anime/38769/Compiler__Music_Clips_in_Trackdown

Jun 5, 2022 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
Some jokes that just don't land, and a few others that come off as embarrassing, I do appreciated all the gratuitous nudity tho, not the worst.
Dec 3, 2022 9:29 AM
May 2018
amazing. absolutely loved it

More topics from this board

» How did you like this?

ezikialrage - Oct 24, 2010

3 by YokaiVapor »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Compiler Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Apr 28, 2014

10 by LisbonMapping »»
Oct 29, 2022 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.