Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 10:14 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I knew they'd never eat his heart, but I was kinda hoping I was wrong. It would have been a very dark ending, but at least it would have been different from every other series where the protagonist is being watched over by people fated to kill him/her.

I just wonder what happens to that special heart of his after the one year period. Does it go back to being normal after a few days? Did the zombie princess neutralize it? Is he still going to be hunted by every oni with a power fantasy?

Also, really don't like harem endings. Especially ones where the tsundere still hasn't stopped being tsun.
Jul 30, 2014 2:03 AM

Feb 2014
ye i too whanted know and what girl he will choose ;(
Aug 30, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
I like Rena style of communication. I find it funny. but I really hate this kind of ending. hang it like it solved. duh.
AbyhapeAug 30, 2014 6:57 AM
Dec 7, 2014 4:21 AM

Sep 2014
I loved the manga but damn do I hate open endings! Who'd he get with? One of them? All of them? If not a harem ending then I'm rootin' for Kanna.

And what of the contract? Does he still get the much needed money or is the contract considered invalid now?

I'm so tired of disappointing endings... it's like they're the norm anymore.

*Added* Welp, nevermind, that would explain the disappointing ending all right... apparently Onihime VS was discontinued. *Sighs* And I really liked the characters & the stories' premise too.
CasyleDec 7, 2014 4:44 AM
Feb 14, 2015 8:40 PM
Jun 2013
Damn, I just finished this. And to say the least, I was quite impressed with the main female, Kanna. She was really great as a character and changed the quite mundane harem style to something more enjoyable. That is at least in my very humble opinion.

It kept my interest when the fights started, and the humour was quite okay. Some of the characters were well polished - Kanna - just as I aforementioned. The worst thing about it was the open ending that every harem has. It's so stereotypical, that a song popped up as soon as it drew near the line. I give it 6/10.

Sep 10, 2015 9:56 AM
Aug 2012
That ending was super rushed.
Apr 3, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
Ah, this show really didn't have enough time to proper finish.

Story was interesting, I vaguely remember some movie where guy before suicide sold his soul for money on one year to devil, so it's not that original. Still enjoyable.

Characters was refreshing for harem, both Kana and Rena, quite enjoyable. Hina will probably be dragged by misfortune forever. I couldn't bring myself to like Arima, she was such a pain and bully for several school years for Setsuma and yet she never apologize to him and call him a slave. Really Setsuma is a fool to see her as a friend... It was insensitive character development, it was foolish for both sides. Erionelle had little time to show self.

At the end I was thinking that they actually take his heart and he dies (sad end) or make use of that billion yen or whatever was that money and make a surgery and give him new heart (happy end). That magic cure come out of nowhere and rushed closure didn't help at all. That last girl was from zombie clan, she could just bite him and let him die > born zombie.
Feb 13, 2017 4:29 AM

Dec 2015
Not the ending I was hoping, but the ending I was expecting, didn't like it. 4/10 overall.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2017 1:14 AM

Nov 2014
I have to admit I liked his ending. While the dark atmosphere when his sister learned about everything was nice, this story was just too light to have heavy ending like that. Happy end, even if forced, just feels right.
I just wish zombie girl had more time. Her blushes in this chapter were so adorable. She could be the best girl, but felt more like side character that suddenly played major role in the ending.

Nov 5, 2019 7:52 AM
Jun 2019
The ending is still somewhat confusing
After Rena and Kanna fought.. what happened??
Everywhere just became sunny all of a sudden..I didn't get that part

And I was waiting for Arima to confess to Setsuna personally..

But above all...the storyline was very interesting..I'll give it a 7/10
Feb 4, 2022 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
umutcu said:
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Its a light hearted comedy. .

For something that's supposedly light hearted it certainly has a lot of violence and blood.

Its violent for sure but that doesn't really negate the fact thats its still a light hearted comedy not to be taken too seriously.
Apr 3, 2022 11:15 PM
Mar 2010
What a joke ending. The plot was still doable until the defeat of the zombie onis then all went complete trash. I normally don't give a rat's arse about MAL scores, but this getting some 7 among peeps is beyond asinine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onihime Vs Chapter 11 Discussion

Sin - Jul 4, 2009

11 by KsT »»
Oct 15, 2018 11:26 AM

» End of Onihime VS

ShiroiRyu - Sep 2, 2012

1 by Toolbot »»
Feb 26, 2018 8:23 PM

Poll: » Onihime VS Chapter 26 Discussion

Pikoki - Oct 20, 2012

36 by Slyver »»
Feb 24, 2018 8:26 AM

Poll: » Onihime VS Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2012

2 by Slyver »»
Feb 24, 2018 8:07 AM

Poll: » Onihime Vs Chapter 21 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 23, 2012

2 by joe_g7 »»
Feb 13, 2017 4:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.