Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 20, 2014 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
I'm actually enjoying this show, i don't know why it gets so much hate.
Apr 20, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
This episode certainly had a lot more colors, which I liked. The OP animation was changed, and I don't mind most of the changes, except the forest scene. I wonder if it'll change for every episode...

The ED is really nice and beautiful too.

A lot of people are saying how the conversation between Momo and her teacher was taking up a lot of time. I don't think it dragged on too long, but I agree, they could have used that time for something else.

I especially loved the OST that played during Momo's backstory.

----------------------

As a Kagerou fan, the bit about Momo's father and how Momo became an idol was new to me, so there must be a lot more to learn. Honestly, I kind of expected the events in this episode to be combined with the mall events in one single episode, but that didn't happen. This makes me even more worried about the pacing, but something hit me recently.

There is a slight chance that there's a second season. This anime's title is Mekaku City Actors. Actors as in people, as in the characters. This season could be a way to introduce all the characters, and then a different season with a different name could progress events, storywise.
Apr 20, 2014 7:02 PM
Oct 2013
Considering Jin is working on the anime and playing a big part in it, I'd say he knows more about the Kagerou Project than any of you guys do, so I can't seem to understand all the hate it's getting.

Personally I loved episode 2 just as much as I loved episode 1, and the fact that all the adaptations of the Kagerou Project aren't exactly the same as each other (manga + songs, and the light novel), I think this anime is going great. At least it's not a step-by-step retelling of the manga, but it takes the important parts from the manga and tells them differently.
Apr 20, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
Even as a Kagerou fan, the insert Kisaragai Attention felt forced and out-of-place.
The dialogue with the teacher took way too long, specifically the scene where Momo imagines herself repeating first year.
For a one cour show with a lot to cover they are certainly taking their time with dialogue and an overt amount of Shaftiness.
Apr 20, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
What is the name of the song during the running scene?
Apr 20, 2014 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
So is this going to be a character arc type of show?

I also agree. SHAFT is going overboard with this series. This is shaftier than all the other SHAFT shows combined.
Apr 20, 2014 8:23 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

The song that was playing was a cover of Otsukimi Recital.
The original version was created by Jin, using the vocaloid IA and the animation done by SHIDU.
I forgot who did the cover though..

ihusmal1234 said:

I also agree. SHAFT is going overboard with this series. This is shaftier than all the other SHAFT shows combined.

It should (Well.. based off source material.. songs and manga) all come together if not the next episode... episode 5.
I hear episode 4 another character arc episode... but can't confirm with official announcements
Apr 20, 2014 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
This shows artstyle reminds me of Bakemonogatari, except cheaper.

Also reminds me of Durarura because so many characters in a city setting.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 20, 2014 8:27 PM
Jul 2013
P-sychotic said:
Considering Jin is working on the anime and playing a big part in it, I'd say he knows more about the Kagerou Project than any of you guys do, so I can't seem to understand all the hate it's getting.

Or or or or

Mr. average Japanese striking gold might not be a jack-of-all-trades and sucks at every single thing except making nice tunes, including writing a decent story... Or say scriptwriting. Ever thought of that possibility?
Apr 20, 2014 8:30 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Xinception said:
P-sychotic said:

Or or or or

Mr. average Japanese striking gold might not be a jack-of-all-trades and sucks at every single thing except making nice tunes, including writing a decent story... Or say scriptwriting. Ever thought of that possibility?

It's more like the fans who think they know more about the kagepro series than the person who made it....
Or that is what P-sychotic is aiming at i think.
Apr 20, 2014 8:37 PM
Apr 2013

Mod edit:
Spoiler button added.
AversaApr 21, 2014 6:39 AM
Apr 20, 2014 8:39 PM
Aug 2013
I also agree with most of the people. SHAFT could have done this ep better.
Apr 20, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2013
Zelot said:
AnimeFan500 said:

The original version was created by Jin, using the vocaloid IA and the animation done by SHIDU.

ihusmal1234 said:

It should (Well.. based off source material.. songs and manga) all come together if not the next episode... episode 5.
I hear episode 4 another character arc episode... but can't confirm with official announcements

This song is Kisaragi Attention. Otsukimi Recital is a song later on. But the rest of your information is correct though!
Apr 20, 2014 8:58 PM
Dec 2011
I don't understand what people are so upset about >_>
Apr 20, 2014 9:09 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Parallel said:
Zelot said:
AnimeFan500 said:

ihusmal1234 said:

This song is Kisaragi Attention. Otsukimi Recital is a song later on. But the rest of your information is correct though!

Oh dear...
Since the events of Otsukimi Recital were playing... I was mistakened and well... whoops!
Ty Parallel for the correction!
The song playing was Kisaragi Attention!
(Time to fix my other posts on this thread regarding songs...)
Apr 20, 2014 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
Can someone tell me what's wrong with this series? I haven't read the manga at all... should I?
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 20, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
Just when I say "wow dropping this" Kisaragi Attention comes on and I start singing along.
Apr 20, 2014 10:05 PM

May 2013
I seemed to like this episode more than others although I was a little bored at times but maybe that's because I really like Shaft's style and I know nothing of the source material. All I've gathered is that when their eyes turn red, their powers activate. Momo is really cute but having her power must suck.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 21, 2014 1:39 AM

Jul 2011
AtomicWeed said:

Rapidfir3Pho3nix said:

You guys aren't the only ones. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 21, 2014 3:19 AM

Feb 2013
I'm still liking it so far.

I'm still confused as shit, but I'm still liking it.
Apr 21, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2012
I disliked the first episode because i didn't like the characters and the setting.

But this one is really good. I didn't know it will be an episodic anime.
Apr 21, 2014 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
Could someone please help me out here? I have no knowledge on this series at all. Could anyone direct me to the source material?

I watched the first episode and though it was interesting enough, I was confused by what happened.

This episode, the shafting made it easy to understood Momo's back story, but seeing as I couldn't really link this with the first episode.

Don't want to drop a series with an intereseting synopsis, but I am afraid I have to admit that I've completely lost the plot already.

A little help here would be greatly appreciated? (PM if too spoil-y)

Thanks in advance.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 21, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2014
Momo is awesome.
Apr 21, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2012
disappointing
anyway, bad animation< oh well shaft shouldn't waste their budget on some cheap project like kagepro.
this show is only popular for the song, the plot is still terrible!
Apr 21, 2014 9:47 AM

Mar 2014
Looks like the people who know the source material are dissapointed and those who don't are fine with it?

I don't know anything about the source material and I'm pretty much okay with it. I don't really get what's going on but judging from the preview we'll learn a lot more next episode. Really hoping the plot will pick up next episode as well as a bit more info on what happened in the first episode

The animation is fine I don;t get what everyone is complaining about...
Apr 21, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
Momo Kisaragi! x3 She's cute. owo

More randomness that I don't understand! Yay! Thanks Shaft!
So far, I don't get this series, but it looks like the next episode looks like it'll clear this mess of an anime up. :3 Hopefully......
Apr 21, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
zoze said:
disappointing
anyway, bad animation< oh well shaft shouldn't waste their budget on some cheap project like kagepro.
this show is only popular for the song, the plot is still terrible!

Jin did other songs which didn't get as popular as Kagepro. The plot and the characters are great, that's why the series is so popular. Kagepro isn't just a song series, it's a manga and a LN series.
On top of that, there are people who dislike the songs too. The series popularity isn't just thanks to the songs !

LauraBirdie said:
Looks like the people who know the source material are dissapointed and those who don't are fine with it?

Not in particular. Many people knowing the source material enjoy the series so far, myself included.
Apr 21, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
I feel like a narrator would help ease the abrupt POV between character arcs. A certain red-scarfed girl should be the one narrating for some episodes such as this one.
Apr 21, 2014 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
The way I see it, most people who know the original source dislike this adaptation, while most who haven't, like it.

I fall into the latter group. I am really enjoying this anime and I don't really want to know why it is a bad adaptation. The fact that it is a good anime is enough for me. And the Shafting doesn't bother me at all, on the contrary, it's really enjoyable/ I always look forward to SHAFT releases, as they usually have something unique to offer.
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Apr 21, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2009
Really liked the 1st episode, but this one was awful.
Im disappointed.
Gib [img] plz
Apr 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2011
Was Kisaragi Attention sung by Momo's seiyuu? It was adorable, specially with the running HibiMomo scenes.
Next episode is Kido!! Mekakushi Code!! I'm very excited. ED was okay, I guess. The episode was pretty much slow paced, but it was watcheable (?).

I want Kido's seiyuu to sing Mekakushi Code next episode!! /headshot
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Apr 21, 2014 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
First ep was tolerable but this was just terrible. If this doesn't pick up in ep3, dropping it next week.
Apr 21, 2014 5:24 PM

May 2008
Didn't really enjoy episode 2 xD
Apr 21, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2010
dat ending... jesus christ, DAT MOTHERF**KING ENDING <3
Verdale said:
AtomicWeed said:

Rapidfir3Pho3nix said:

You guys aren't the only ones. ¯(°_o)/¯

\o here here, count me in as well.
Apr 21, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Ep 02 and i still feel i'm waiting for this show to actually start. Gonna give it one last try though before it gets put to the bottom of the priority list.

Apr 21, 2014 8:21 PM
Feb 2013
Personally, I loved the episode. I'm a big fan of Kagepro and have read the manga and novels, along with listening to the songs thousands of times. I really love the symbolism that's being introduced. Along with that, I think the animation is good. To everyone complaining about the anime, you have to keep an open mind. Shaft is going to have their own twist and that's okay. That's what seperates the anime from the manga from the songs, etc. I loved that they included Kisaragi Attention intothe one scene and I thought Momo's character was so well developed. Honestly, I wasn't expecting a huge plotline out of the anime. After all, not much happens in Kagepro anyways. Most of the events are in the past, and very little happens in the present. That's not a bad thing though, since Kagepro is about the characters. Overall, I commend Shaft and Jin and hope that they keep up the good work. :)
Apr 21, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2012
I was extremely bored until the last quarter of the episode. I don't even know i want to watch ep 3.
Apr 21, 2014 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
Well, I'd agree that Shaft is just trying force all their gimmicks down our throats with Mekakucity, but I thoroughly enjoyed Momo's story. I like it so far. And my my, that ED was great. Really enjoying the music, too.

I spy a connection between the red eyes of the characters and the monster girl in the post-ED sequence...

Well, leave it to Shaft to create a divisive series.
-Trippwire-Apr 21, 2014 9:43 PM
Apr 22, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2010
Really enjoyed this ep, bunch of silly hate it seems but w/e. Loved that cover song as I don't care for vocaloids. REALLY hoping a release of it covered comes out the voice was great!! wondering if the seiyuu sang it.
Apr 22, 2014 2:13 AM

Dec 2010
alexpte said:
SHAFT went pretty overboard this episode.

Paper_Raccoon said:
PLZ shaft I beg you! Let this get better i don't want my favorite thing in the world to turn into shit because of this anime... I wanted this so bad but they are doing such a bad job at animating it D:
Pretty much this.

The episode was depressingly slow. Actually the show is kinda depressing by itself. The manga never had that effect on me, neither did the songs.

On the good side, we got to actually see a divergence from the original material, and what's better - it meant screen time for Hibiya. We also got to hear an actual TKP song.

I love the OP.
MeritasApr 22, 2014 2:17 AM
Apr 22, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
I'm actually really glad that they finally put an original song in the series.
Although I must say I am not a big fan of Momo, I quite like the episode.

The episode overall was, as some people may have probably mentioned, way toooooo slow - its been dragged out too much ):

THE ENDING SONG. OMG. I CANNOT WAIT TO LISTEN TO THE FULL VERSION.

I love you forever, さよなら 君が愛してるよ ♪

Apr 22, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
Shaft is awesome as always
Apr 22, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
It's amusing to see the different reactions between people that are mainly watching this show for Shaft gimmicks and because they're popular right now and people that are watching this show because they liked the source material. The priorities and appraisals are so different lol.
Apr 22, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2011
Not sure if anybody noticed or cares BUT!!
The song while they were running away was from the music video thing!
It is also on osu http://osu.ppy.sh/s/102366
I wondered why it was so familiar!!
Apr 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Draykho said:
Not sure if anybody noticed or cares BUT!!
The song while they were running away was from the music video thing!
It is also on osu http://osu.ppy.sh/s/102366
I wondered why it was so familiar!!

Not the same song, you haven't played osu enough. However it is the same characters.
Apr 22, 2014 5:13 PM

Apr 2012
They could call this anime Monogatari. It looks like Monogatari and is even worse, at least the second episode. The first one was not that boring but also not good.
Apr 22, 2014 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Side ponytails are truly the best hairstyle.
Apr 22, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
Somehow managed to pull through this episode; nearly fell asleep. The preview at the end hinted at some progression next episode, but so far it's been really tiring watching this go nowhere.
Apr 23, 2014 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
DAMN. And I thought I was the only one here who was really disappointed for this episode. This is like a Bakemonogatari spin off for me. At least the OP and ED was saved. T^T
Apr 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
I don't understand where the hate come from I mean the athmosphere is really well made.
The lack of color for the first episode was just right for the presentation of shintarou
And this episode got more colored since it was for momo^^
The animation is not awsome but it goes right with the athmosphere.

I think it's a shame to drop it just because it wasn't exactly as you imagined...

Couldn't agree more with this comment. Why so much hate?!!
I was freaking happy just because we fans got an anime. Seeing it animated makes my eyes teary. I can't believe people hate this so much. I was dying from happiness when Kisaragi Attention started to play. It is an anime, it isn't supposed to have the original vocaloid song, people that aren't familiar with it probably wouldn't like it.(altough I would love it)
when Hibya appeared I was so happy that screamed. xD
And I really like the add of colours. It suited, because it's a Momo episode.
I don't care about people complaining anymore. I'm in love with this even if it isn't the best thing ever u_u

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.