New
Sep 11, 2009 8:07 PM

Jun 2009
Ex:
1. What is under Kakashi's mask?
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2009 8:08 PM

Apr 2007
why are the stripes on striped panties always horizontal?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2009 8:14 PM
Mar 2009
Neverender said:
why are the stripes on striped panties always horizontal?

I actually always asked myself that too... maybe because they don't want the crack to line up with stripe intersections and not be noticable?

Why do harem females always bash the shit out of the guys when it's the females fault?

Sep 11, 2009 8:28 PM

Jul 2007
chinlamp said:

Why do harem females always bash the shit out of the guys when it's the females fault?

I can answer that. Because older anime fans whom are into those type of anime are a deviant subset of society (which is viewed as scum by the average person), they often tend to be rather deviant. As a result, anime writers have to make sure they hit all of the fetishes of their audience. Masochists have just been shown to be the most popular.

Also, I politely ask that people try to encourage discussion. Discussion is nice.

My mystery is:
Where can I find someone that didn't like Welcome to the NHK?
Do the number of cherry blossoms in anime accurately depict their real world counter parts, and if so, what is the difference in density between falling pedals in anime vs. real world cherry blossoms in equivalent seasons? (if any)

Okay... I have nothing. :(
Sep 11, 2009 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
Why don't they just shoot the big bad?
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 11, 2009 8:35 PM

Jun 2008
Why do they always say "it can't be helped".
Sep 11, 2009 8:36 PM
Mar 2009
asandari said:
My mystery is:
Where can I find someone that didn't like Welcome to the NHK?
Do the number of cherry blossoms in anime accurately depict their real world counter parts, and if so, what is the difference in density between falling pedals in anime vs. real world cherry blossoms in equivalent seasons? (if any)

Okay... I have nothing. :(

Really? Cos I can tell you now that I've only seen one episode of NHK, and I'm not liking it at all.

Cherry blossoms though, man, it'd be nice to find out that they do fall like that.

Next mystery:

Why is it that everyone but the main characters get in trouble for being on the school roof?

Sep 11, 2009 8:40 PM

Sep 2009
Branching off the asandari's sakura idea, from 5cms per second, do sakura petals really fall at a rate of 5cms per second?

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Sep 11, 2009 8:43 PM

Aug 2009
Why is there ALWAYS at least one annoying high pitched voiced female character?
Sep 11, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
We KNOW Kyou's underwear color:

However. What was Tomoyo's?

Or, was she even wearing any? XD
KyuuALSep 11, 2009 9:31 PM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 11, 2009 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
mysteries huh?

Where the hell is Hyuuga Hanabi? (Naruto, look it up if you forgot about her)
Why KyoAni animate endless 8 for 8 episodes? (Haruhi, I probably don't need to state this)

more to come, just need to think of two, but that's all I got at the moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2009 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
AirStyles said:
Why KyoAni animate endless 8 for 8 episodes? (Haruhi, I probably don't need to state this)

You answered your own question. XD

chinlamp said:

Learn a little bit about women.
KyuuALSep 11, 2009 9:22 PM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Sep 11, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2009
Sep 11, 2009 9:51 PM

Apr 2008
Why is Clannad AS anywhere near the top 100?

Better yet, why do people seem to care so fucking much?

Sep 11, 2009 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
cartier-ngo said:
Branching off the asandari's sakura idea, from 5cms per second, do sakura petals really fall at a rate of 5cms per second?
Lol, that's all I could really think of with the mentioning of cherry blossoms, but it really isn't a mystery since it could easily be confirmed if true or not.
Sep 11, 2009 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
Saitoe said:
Better yet, why do people seem to care so fucking much?

I'm surprised to see rabid Clannad fans at this point., especially when the main series has been over for a year now.

Moonfrost said:
WHY IS CLANNAD ~AS~ BACK TO RANK 2?!

A better indicator of "anime rankings" around here -- the number of people who "favorited" specific series.

Sep 11, 2009 9:53 PM

Apr 2008
KyuuA4 said:
Moonfrost said:

A better indicator of "anime rankings" around here -- the number of people who "favorited" specific series.

One could argue that 'rankings' are completely useless, as enjoyment of a series is purely subjective.

Sep 11, 2009 9:54 PM

Sep 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
cartier-ngo said:
Lol, that's all I could really think of with the mentioning of cherry blossoms, but it really isn't a mystery since it could easily be confirmed if true or not.

When I saw asadanri say something about sakuras, i just had to say something about 5cm per second. I couldn't think of anything though.

Sep 11, 2009 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
Moonfrost said:

Because several 1's got removed from LotGH (there also exists a possibility of uptrolling, but less 1's appears to be the main cause).

How can ridiculously short skirts never show anything?

edit:
KyuuA4 said:
Moonfrost said:

But number of favorites is more a measure of popularity than anything else. Favorites per viewer would be a better measure.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 11, 2009 9:57 PM

Jul 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
cartier-ngo said:

The best types of mysteries are the ones that you can solve in the lab in your garage.

I'm having the cherry blossoms delivered now. :D

asandariSep 11, 2009 10:00 PM
Sep 11, 2009 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
Why do the characters always live alone?
Sep 11, 2009 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
Why the hell are anime characters so unrealistic?
Sep 11, 2009 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Rail_Man said:

You're saying that because you've never been to Japan. (not that I have)
Sep 11, 2009 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
neeonX said:

I'll guess -- it is the lifestyle of SOME students in Japan - even at high school. Remember, their system works differently. American public high school students are pretty much relegated to remain in their own school district. Where as - in Japan, students have to take tests and qualify to go to specific high schools. Then later on, college.

Rail_Man said:

Television.

If you think Spiderman is realistic -- um -- think again.

Sep 11, 2009 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
Rail_Man said:

Lack of realism is a lot more interesting. Especially to anime fans, whom are interested in a medium that doesn't exactly reflect the world we live in. (Ie, Cartoons vs. Film).
I can personally attest to this, as it's one of my reasons for preferring animation (of any region) to film; the flexibility of the art is highly appealing to me and it makes rather unrealistic scenes or sequences much easier to accept.

neeonX said:

And I assume this is popular because the biggest demographic for anime is teens. A lot of anime aims to be the viewer's fantasy and teens want to be independent. (Especially in Japan, if I understand their culture correctly.)
I guess it also makes it more exciting to see someone living a life, presented romantically, that you might desire.

Edit: And to above.
KyuuA4 said:
neeonX said:

I'll guess -- it is the lifestyle of SOME students in Japan - even at high school. ...

Rail_Man said:

Television.

These too. The former making the above techniques much more accepted. The producers, seeing positive results when these circumstances are used, encourage the writers of the original material to produce similar stuff. (Let's not forget that almost no anime is Original, most of it is based off of manga.)
asandariSep 11, 2009 10:16 PM
Sep 11, 2009 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
When will Ash Ketchum finally end his retardation Pokemon journeys? (Or did it end already? I don't track Pokemon) XD

Also:

XD

Sep 11, 2009 10:16 PM

Apr 2008
KyuuA4 said:

Rail_Man said:

Television.

Pretty much every work of fiction can be... well unrealistic

Twilight?
Do Vampires sparkle?

Sep 11, 2009 10:19 PM

Sep 2009
Why do drawings change per season? I always wondered about that. Like Minami-Ke or Ichigo Mashimaro.

Sep 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
Why must the main/important character always be an orphan or have a missing parent?

Its so depressing :(
Sep 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
cartier-ngo said:
Why do drawings change per season? I always wondered about that. Like Minami-Ke or Ichigo Mashimaro.

A easy one to answer with already known facts. A lot of these cases are simply changed studios. In other cases, it's often replaced staff which is natural to occur at the change of the season (if at any time).

dee786 said:
Why must the main/important character always be an orphan or have a missing parent?

Its so depressing :(

You may have answered your own question. Depressing back stories add more to the story... they want you to sympathise with characters or feel touched by their pasts.
Sep 11, 2009 10:22 PM

Aug 2008
cartier-ngo said:

If I were to guess -- the artists who work on one project tend to move on to another. With the possible exception of director (although Haruhi's season 1 director was fired before the Endless Eight stuff), I'm willing to believe that production staff is in flux with each passing year.

Sep 11, 2009 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
cartier-ngo said:

Never noticed that.
Sep 11, 2009 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Try this one:

Why don't characters eat more sushi?

XD

Sep 11, 2009 10:26 PM

Apr 2008
KyuuA4 said:
Try this one:

XD
Sushi (the quality stuff) is rather expensive.

Ramen is cheaper, dattebayo

Sep 11, 2009 10:27 PM

Jul 2008
Saitoe said:
KyuuA4 said:
Try this one:

XD

Ramen is cheaper, dattebayo

Ramen FTW!
Sep 11, 2009 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
Saitoe said:
KyuuA4 said:
Try this one:

XD

Well, case in point. We don't even see Rich characters enjoying that luxury food. XD

===

Here's a more serious question:

Why can't any production studio produce good satire? Actually, this makes a good thread topic.

Sep 11, 2009 10:30 PM

Jul 2008
Amex_Yohko said:
Why women hate female anime characters?

Because they're fan girls of the main male character, thus making them jealous.
Sep 11, 2009 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
KyuuA4 said:
neeonX said:

I'll guess -- it is the lifestyle of SOME students in Japan - even at high school. Remember, their system works differently. American public high school students are pretty much relegated to remain in their own school district. Where as - in Japan, students have to take tests and qualify to go to specific high schools. Then later on, college.

Rail_Man said:

Television.

When did I say I thought Spiderman was realistic?:| You can be in a fictional world and still have a basic human psyche, which is something a lot characters don't have. A lot of time the characters are very generic and shallow. For example, Ichigo from Bleach. There is no depth to his character at all. He spouts generic shounen one liners all the time. Lines like, "I'm gonna save her!". There is no complexity to his character. Which makes him an unrealistic and an uninteresting character.
Sep 11, 2009 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
Also, why do most anime fail at humor? Gintama is funny. But it's hard to find a good comedy series.
Sep 11, 2009 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
neeonX said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Ugh yea my sister always makes comments like, UGH I HATE that girl etc. when I'm watching anime. JUST STFU AND STOP GETTING SO JEALOUS OVER 2D.

*ahem*
How come so many girls are claimed to be older when they are obviously lolis?

Sep 11, 2009 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
Rail_Man said:
Also, why do most anime fail at humor? Gintama is funny. But it's hard to find a good comedy series.

Compared to Americans, the Japanese suck at humor -- especially when it comes to making fun of themselves and its own society. Culturally, the Japanese are having issues being honest amongst themselves.

I heard that -- it is immature of them to specify the things that they want at older ages.

Sep 11, 2009 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
Orio94 said:
neeonX said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Ugh yea my sister always makes comments like, UGH I HATE that girl etc. when I'm watching anime. JUST STFU AND STOP GETTING SO JEALOUS OVER 2D.

*ahem*
How come so many girls are claimed to be older when they are obviously lolis?

LOL. The teacher from Index. xD
Sep 11, 2009 10:42 PM

Aug 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Why can't any production studio produce good satire? Actually, this makes a good thread topic.
How do you mean? Off the top of my head DMC was good satire of the Metal scene.

Describe the satire of that series -- whatever that's called. Spell it out, ya lazy bastid. :p

===

What Satire do I refer to?

Simple. Anything that makes fun of cultural values. For example, the Simpsons makes fun of family life, boss-employee relationships, the middle working class, etc. Similar satire is found in the likes of Family Guy, South Park, and Futurama. In a sense, by watching these, we can also see some social problems that we have here in America.

As far as anime is concerned, we can see the social problems of Japan - by watching more of the serious materal.

Sep 11, 2009 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
So, what do you think is stopping Haruhi from realizing the truth of her existence?

XD

Sep 11, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2008
KyuuA4 said:
So, what do you think is stopping Haruhi from realizing the truth of her existence?

XD
She's not God. Kyoani just trolled you again.

Sep 11, 2009 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
KyuuA4 said:

Compared to Americans, the Japanese suck at humor -- especially when it comes to making fun of themselves and its own society. Culturally, the Japanese are having issues being honest amongst themselves.

I heard that -- it is immature of them to specify the things that they want at older ages.

It's just cultural differences. Luckily I live in Asia from age 6~12, so I get their humor in anime, as well as humor in american cartoon ^_^ It's slightly different.

as for the guy who mentioned that it's hard to find any show funny besides Gintama... why don't you try Seto no Hanayome?
Sep 11, 2009 10:58 PM

Mar 2009
Why isn't Ash a Pokemon Master already?
Sep 11, 2009 10:59 PM

Jul 2008
Hung said:

He doesn't catch 'em all.
Sep 11, 2009 11:01 PM

Apr 2009
neeonX said:
Hung said:

He doesn't catch 'em all.

The sad, sad truth.

Sep 11, 2009 11:02 PM

Apr 2009
KyuuA4 said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
How do you mean? Off the top of my head DMC was good satire of the Metal scene.

As far as anime is concerned, we can see the social problems of Japan - by watching more of the serious materal.

If you want satire of the social problems of Japan thats funny and accurate, then look no further

But back on topic, what's with anime hair color and style. Its fine for fantasy or shounen action series, but even in slice of life anime where the characters are supposed to be realistic, they have crazy eight foot tall spiky purple hair, and nobody looks at them like they're freaks.

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - Yesterday

19 by 707supremacist »»
14 seconds ago

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

10 by Ishitateso »»
3 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

39 by 707supremacist »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

96 by luckyrune »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - Yesterday

17 by thewiru »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.