Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2017 12:12 PM
Dec 2014
@Orulyon Thanx! I found a fan wiki page in the end, so found out a lot about them :-)
Apr 30, 2017 12:59 AM
Mar 2017
Not a bad anime.hatori and shigure are the best characters. Time to read the manga
Oct 2, 2017 7:08 AM

Jul 2015
It is an enjoyable ride. The whole series solely focused on the introduction of characters. The developments are there btw. The last 3 eps are pretty shocking. Never know that it got dark suddenly. And still need more closure from all the cursed things. Gonna look up for the manga soon. But, this is a pretty good series nonetheless.
Dec 18, 2017 5:23 PM

Sep 2016
Probably i am the only one who prefered her to chose the rat... but i know this is not going to happen *sadly sighs* with this popular cat, is kinda impossible, but still rooting to the rat... btw going to read the manga because this final was inconclusive af
Apr 7, 2019 8:37 PM

Dec 2011
The power words have on us is amazing.

After all these years, this series is still so important to me. These last 3 episodes are really just a taste of what the manga has in store, & wow do they elevate the rest of the series here. The music in these is also so good... well now I'm just emotional lol. When I was younger I didn't really understand why it had to be now to show Kyo's other form or why it had to be Tohru, why Uo or Hana couldn't comfort her. Definitely makes sense after all these re-watches. Sometimes you just need to say the hard truth and do things you find difficult. Sometimes comforting someone the wrong way hurts them more. They did so good in showcasing that.

Now I'm just glad the story is continued, after all these years, reaching new audiences and bringing back the old. I'm so excited for the sadness and beauty the reboot will bring <3
Feb 26, 2021 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
hmm, i will just say what came to my head watching this ep -tohru is fixing everyone "pasts" and feeling, so it will be good to finish the series while trohru trying to fix akito, and the everything will be alright, even if he doesn't quite "fixed". oh and the reason they have to listen to him is because he bear the "core" of the curse or something, because he have to, for some hidden reason, and then there's some unexplained talking about nothingness since the series is ending anyway.

but in fact - there's a lot for the series, a lot of plotholes and unclear things, and they still finished it because daichi (the director) wanted to do what he wants.

----

so the series was nice, 'till ep17 there was general good quality, from these episodes it's big downhill 'till ep24, last three episodes were really nice and directed well, but have their own problems. i'm glad there's the remake, so i can watch the story properly, i watched the original only to compare and to know more or less what to except.
7/10
Sep 6, 2022 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
i really enjoyed it
Mar 10, 2023 12:33 PM
Mar 2019
This was a disappontment. No real answers were given, rather more quesrions remained. And the few last eps were so odd and unfitting to the rest of the story.
Also we never knew who the rooster and dragon were... unless Kyo was meant to be the dragon? That would leave Akito to get the rooster. But that thing didn't really look like a dragon, apart from the head.

I absolutely didn't believe Tohru when Akito was holding her hair and she told him she was happy she met him. There was not a single good encounter of those two so why?? It's right away stupid! Argh, I'm so frustrated! I hoped the story would come to a nice conclusion but instead it was kind of left open as it was... :/ Why bother presenting us all this zodiac and curse mystery when you're not even going to explain it? A very disappointing ending, after a largely nice and feel-good, slow paced show. This dramatic end stuff should have started way sooner and unravel more slowly and be better explained to the viewer.

Tbh i couldn't care less who Tohru ends up with. I first liked Kyo more but he is often kind of rude to her and treating her like his slave. Yuki is ok but a bit bland.

Looks like I will have to read the manga now. :/
IrissyMar 10, 2023 12:38 PM
Jan 8, 11:31 PM
Oct 2016
Alright, time to jump into the reboot.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 25 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 7, 2009

45 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 6 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 15, 2008

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 9, 9:12 AM

» Is there any reason to start with this version rather than the remake?

herofelix77 - Jun 20, 2021

20 by wildhood »»
Mar 7, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Dec 25, 2008

26 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 29, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 12 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 22, 2008

25 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 25, 6:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.