Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I seriously don't know if I should like this duel, or not... First of all, these dragon-cards are completely random, they're just combining it with whatever they have right now. He created some kind of rocket launcher, gave it to his monster and even though it only had 900 ATK it managed to destroy Valon's armor without any explanation. Of course it's an effect, but which??
Also totally random was Joey's armor thing... I mean wth, he never used a trap where he gets an armor but now when he fights against an enemy who uses armor-cards he has it? xD
But on the other hand this duel is pretty intense and enjoyable, so I can't decide if I should like it :'D
Jul 14, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
This duel is very strange, everything is so random, I'm not enjoying it. Joey never used a armor card and now that he is fighting against someone who use armor monster, he use a armor card. Really? This duel is looking more like a battle from Saint Seiya.

Also, Valon seems to just use the same cards. That armor is the only monster that he used in this duel.
ViniSDJul 14, 2014 10:53 AM
Jan 6, 2015 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Agree with you guys above, duel is way to random.
Jul 11, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2011
What a intense duel! And those armors.... looks like they are in a real fight for Mai. LOL
Sep 30, 2019 4:52 PM

Nov 2016
Slugging it out for a thot.

Don't care if random or not(the whole arc and how the characters act doesn't make much sense to beging with), still an awesome duel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2020 3:48 PM

Nov 2017
Mayne, this duel has been fun!

Idk, but I like this type of stuff. Where it's like the characters have a respect for each other, but only after they show what they're about. Jonouchi and Varon are both giving it their all in this duel and are enjoying it to the fullest. The former is right though, it's a shame they have to duel under the current circumstances. They probably could've been friends, tbh.

Also, who the h*ck does the animation/art in this episode? Like, I've seen it in previous episodes, but I can't get over how damn good it is! Wish they were around for the other filler arcs. I really love the expressions on the characters' faces. It's detailed and there's fluidity in the movement not only from the people, but duel monsters too!

Mai's finally found the though and she of course still wants to duel Jonouchi. But looks like she's gonna have to wait until this duel is over!
Aug 2, 2021 2:57 PM

May 2019
This battle is not a duel but a power up battle shounen fight…

It is intense so I enjoy it, but this is YGO fan fiction to the MAX!
Nov 8, 2021 12:29 PM

Aug 2019
This episode reinforces why I consider the Jounouchi and Varon duel to be one of the worst in all of YGO DM. This is barely even a duel anymore, and the amount of asspull combos that both players used was ridiculous, especially Jounouchi's Aura Armor and Lord of the Red combo. The only part of the duel that I liked was Jounouchi's Roll of Fate, which is basically his version of Yugi's Card of Sanctity and Kaiba's Card of Demise, except luck-based so it could've easily backfired.
May 17, 2022 5:28 PM

Jul 2021
I feel like aura armor was a big asspull... (He never had anything like that in his deck) And Jounouchi's dragon can just combine with everything.
But I love how this just stops being a duel and suddenly turns into a fist fight all of the sudden. I didn't expect that. The great animation here only adds to it.
Feb 18, 7:11 PM

Jan 2021
Quit doing Jonouchi dirty. Someone needs to Liam Neeson the lead writer of the anime.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.