Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2014 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
o.O That must be the first draw we ever saw in Yu-Gi-Oh. I feel sorry for Alister, I can totally understand his frustration and anger, but Kaiba has no fault :/ And of course Kaiba got one of these dragon-cards as well.
Jul 11, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
lol The driver abandoned them in the desert.

Yeah, Kaiba is not to blame for what Gozaburo did. But Alister is so stupid, who would hide in a tank during a war?
Jul 6, 2016 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
Woah, that episode hit me right in the feels D:
Sep 21, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2016
Back then I didn't realize how ridiculous Alister's hate towards Kaiba was.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 8:41 PM
Sep 2019
Wow this was a lot more elaborate than the western dub. In the dub it was like 1/3 of the refugee scenes and instead of his brother getting blown up in a K-corp tank, it pulls up in about four seconds and he goes ¨Oh nooo, my brother was captured¨

The dudes reasons were already trash enough but the western version is just so watered down it feels retarded. Meanwhile this next generation of kids comes home from the 4th grade and plays several hours of highly visceral call of duty games; they could use some war refugee anecdotes.
Jan 23, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2011
I like this, makes you think about the blood money but also the sweetness of Kaiba turning the corporation focus into making kids of the world (+his inner child) happy. A fire themed deck, real fitting for Alister’s anger. Poor guy. Nice draw, it would have been way too soon for either of them to lose when we’re just getting started.
Apr 6, 2020 4:50 PM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, now some much needed background on Amelda is presented in this episode! So he comes from a country that was plagued with war and grew up with his little brother Miruko. Unfortunately, peace was no longer a thing during a certain point in their childhoods.

Kaiba Corporation was originally a military company and people in his country were using tanks and other artillery to try and win. But damn, Amelda lost his brother at one of the camps and the only thing he has to remember him by is the burnt action figure he gave him.

I can understand where Amelda is coming from. Now he wants revenge on Kaiba in general (Gozaboro Kaiba is already deceased).

Glad someone posted this! Golly what a moment! But the duel ends in a draw? I already know this isn't going to be the last time we've seen Amelda
Nov 14, 2020 4:04 AM

Jan 2018
Ha-ha, I have just transcended common sense!!!
Oct 10, 2021 11:47 PM

Aug 2019
Didn't like how suddenly all of Toon cards that Amelda used while disguised as Pegasus disappeared from his deck, although his new cards were interesting, especially Aetonyx Flame. It was ridiculous that Amelda guessed Kaiba's CCV though. Even if he'd done research on Kaiba's deck, it was a longshot for him to be able to tell that was his set card.

I liked that the duel ended in a Draw, but it's kind of sad that Doom Virus Dragon wasn't enough to win the duel for Kaiba.
Aug 3, 2022 7:59 PM
Oct 2020
Really Enjoyed this ep alot it always feels good to see Kaiba fighting to retain his name feels kinda bad tho at the same time because Kaiba's adoptive father is kinda of a dick for helping two countries just to fatten his pocket
Oct 18, 2022 3:57 AM

May 2012
slugbait said:
Ha-ha, I have just transcended common sense!!!

Lol it sounds funny when you translate it to English, but in Japanese I thought it was a really cool line.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.