Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2008 3:44 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, how tear-provoking was the scene when Kotomi read the note from her parents =(
radiantfireJan 18, 2008 12:41 PM
Jan 17, 2008 6:52 PM

Dec 2007
I broke into tears when Kotomi said, "Okaerinasai."
Jan 18, 2008 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
kanashi... it was really...
Jan 18, 2008 4:33 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode, I started tearing as soon as Kotomi was going to pick up the letter. I even loved the title <3. I cried as much as when Fuko's arc ended. Can't wait for the next episode.
\
Jan 18, 2008 6:06 AM

Dec 2007
Hmm. The episode wasn't sad (it was happy!) nor was it overbearingly happy (it wasn't an episode of ARIA), so I didn't cry. It was actually kind of "just as expected" and didn't do much for me. Though, the part where they show the briefcase passing from hand to hand reminded me of the GMail Video, and thus made me laugh. A lot. It was kind of excruciating, the overabundance of funniness.
Jan 18, 2008 8:23 AM

Dec 2007
Agree with lolikitsune. Kotomi's arc didn't move me nearly as much as Fuuko's did, even though I like Kotomi more than Fuuko. Kotomi's arc has dropped this show for me from a 9 to an 8. Solid, but becoming predictable for someone who hasn't played the game.
Jan 18, 2008 9:59 AM

Aug 2007
What a tearful episode (yet I didn't cry), it was ok really but I agree that it wasn't as moving as Fuuko's, but it was still great.
Jan 18, 2008 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
well for me this episode was like a blow :D well i dont know how to say it... but the music work when kotomi was reading the leater had touche my heart.. i really really like this anime. for me its no.1 anime. i dont know why but... well it has something that others dont. okay, more about this episode. i really would like to see the celebration of kotomi's birthday party, but what i saw in the trailer was a bit, not understandable, because i like didnt understood anything what will happen, but that makes it interesting. so thats it about this heart touching, tearful and excetig episode :D
Jan 18, 2008 10:51 AM

Apr 2007
Superb. It's true that this arc was less dramatic than the Fuuko one but it really brought tears to my eyes in the end, especially when Kotomi recieved the bear from her parents ... it was great, a happy ending that was worth every second. Tomoya, you're the man (probably the best male lead in the world).

Jan 18, 2008 10:55 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome, just awesome.
Well, i didn't cry like at the end of the fuko arc but it was close...

Jan 18, 2008 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode. Got a little teary-eyed.
Jan 18, 2008 12:06 PM

Aug 2007
I was hoping the reason Tomoya went awol to have been profound and deep, guess it was just petty and shallow. As for his supposed memory loss...it felt more like a generic male harem lead type of excuse rather than a "Key" work. That whole back story was a complete letdown in my eyes.

I found myself more emotionally attached to this arc than Fuko's, the whole ghost girl thing just doesn't tickle my lacrimal glands. The whole forgotten childhood friend waiting for several years in pain and sorrow because of a callous male lead just brings tears to my eyes...

I'm applauding how kyoani has integrated the female leads into the arcs, sans Tomoyo and Fuko, but it gets a bit annoying at times. I would have guessed that Tomoyo would have gotten a bit more of the spotlight due to her popularity, but she was just shafted thanks to her "student council" work. I understand Fuko not being there, on account of being in a coma or whatever. Kotomi would probably pull a Fuko and disappear altogether in the future episodes except a couple of cameo appearances. In all honesty, I'm getting a little tired of always seeing Nagisa, Kyou, and Ryou each friggin episode. I want some Tomoyo damnit!

I'm glad that Kotomi's arc ended in a happy note. I still feel that this arc itself didn't contribute much to the storyline concerning Tomoya's past and the inevitable Nagisa arc, but it was still a well done arc!

Needless to say, 5/5
Probably the first time I've given a Clannad episode a "perfect" score.

Jan 18, 2008 12:43 PM
Sep 2007
quite a good episode, even if the arc could've ended somehow better (dont ask me how exactly, cant say that, but i feel it could have xD)
i would've liked if the length of the kotomi and fuko arc had been switched, with moar story and stuff, not only random filling. reason: even if i liked the fuko arc, and like fuko, kotomi could have profited more from more development (there would have been no need for such a generic past background story with more time to develop something a bit more complex), and much time in the fuko episodes before was just fuko running around doing random stuff. aka somehow wasted time (even if it was wasted in a way better way than in most other series ^^)
so, i liked kotomis story, but i dont like that it was cut so short and predictable. it had definitely more for some plottwists and surprises.
i just hope that kotomi still appears now and then, as she is somewhere in the top region of my favorite characters right now.
Jan 18, 2008 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode, great characters, great story. What more can I say?

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 18, 2008 1:21 PM

Sep 2007
The breifcase thing was a little over the top, but otherwise a good closure.

Jan 18, 2008 1:40 PM

Jan 2007
Got a little teary here as well. It was a great episode. Although I didn't get as emotional as I did at the end of Fuko's arc.
Jan 18, 2008 1:50 PM

Sep 2007
Faust721 said:
Got a little teary here as well. It was a great episode. Although I didn't get as emotional as I did at the end of Fuko's arc.

Yeah, true

Jan 18, 2008 2:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I got teary, too. Was a very beautiful episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 18, 2008 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
I'm wonder but why is everybody acting as if this is the saddest part of the series so far, when it should be a happy occasion? I can admit that I was almost getting teary-eyed, at one point, but I've already forgotten when. Even though this was a fitting end to the Kotomi arc, overall the story left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied.

Is it Nagisa's turn next? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2008 2:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Master_M2K said:
I'm wonder but why is everybody acting as if this is the saddest part of the series so far, when it should be a happy occasion?

You can cry on happy occasions too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 18, 2008 2:59 PM

Aug 2007
Tears of happiness are the best ^_^

Nagisa is the "main" female lead of Clannad, so one can safely assume that her arc itself will be the last one told. Of course given the next episode's preview, you can't really guess who is up next. I have to say its Kyou/Ryou then Tomoyo, but I want moar Tomoyo now! =P
Jan 18, 2008 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
Lovely episode, that is all there is to say, everything else has been said...
I felt sad but not teary enough, still loved it though!
Jan 18, 2008 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
I loved it. Not having expirenced the visual novel/game, I can't make as educated comments as some of you, however these Key Visual productions bring me the emotional responses I want. Yes, the Fuku arc brought me to tears, and happy tears on Kotomi pulling through her depression, can't complian, as it's those heart pushes that made Kannon 06. Air and Clannad dear to me.

Emotional cleansing? I don't know. My work is high stress and I've got to be the calm cool guy, keeping it together as the project tries to fly apart. Somehow, coming home and crying for the brave, tragic charecter is just the medicine I need.

P.S. Pimptoad - Your avatar Rocks
Jan 18, 2008 5:22 PM

Oct 2007
I'm overflowing with emotions.

Jan 18, 2008 5:26 PM
Dec 2007
Actually, the explanation for Tomoya not fullfilling his promise (although he did come by, but Kotomi was emotionally scarred by that point and didn't even remember him being there) is not as over-the-top as I expected. I actually think the fact it was mundane and normal kind of makes it better when put in contrast to Kotomi's tragedy. As expected of kids, his friends thought girls were icky and he felt his pride deflated and skipped, hoping he could make some lame excuse later.

As for the reason for Tomoya forgetting...I think it doesn't even relate to this at all. We'll get to see it soon enough.

The from-beyond birthday present was really the spotlight scene. I was quite touched at the unexpected teddy bear (I totally forgot about it to tell the truth). Plus, it somehow making it's way back, a little overdone but it was touching.

Jan 18, 2008 5:44 PM

Oct 2007
Leon-Gun said:
The from-beyond birthday present was really the spotlight scene. I was quite touched at the unexpected teddy bear (I totally forgot about it to tell the truth). Plus, it somehow making it's way back, a little overdone but it was touching.

I actually liked that, it was a great touch...
Think of it as Kotomi's parents feelings traveling the world till they reached her!!!
Thinking of it in those terms, you get the impact!!!
Jan 18, 2008 6:40 PM

Mar 2007
Awww, that was such a sweet ending to the arc. As opposed to Fuko's, in which everyone was drowning in their own tears of sorrow. :/ (I still got teary-eyed for this one too, though. ^^)

=o Do I sense a romantic subplot coming up?
Jan 18, 2008 6:47 PM

Aug 2007
IT WAS FREAKING BEAUTIFUl, such an awsome episode I almost cryed :\
Jan 18, 2008 7:44 PM
Dec 2007
shigures_editor said:

=o Do I sense a romantic subplot coming up?
I wonder. It's really hard to tell, but isn't it awkward that Tomoya and Nagisa will be the ones featured next episode? Don't know what to make of it. Guess we will have to wait and see who's up next.

Jan 18, 2008 8:23 PM

May 2007
A briefcase that traveled over the world. omoshiroi~ (o ' .' o)

Maybe Tomoya has his own ordeal that he had forgotten about the important life event. His dad for instance.

KyoAni pulled it again beautify and I'm happy that this arc ends happily. I wonder if Kotomi will still be at Japan after this. Next episode... Nagisa or Sunohara?
Jan 18, 2008 8:29 PM

Jun 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Actually, the explanation for Tomoya not fullfilling his promise (although he did come by, but Kotomi was emotionally scarred by that point and didn't even remember him being there) is not as over-the-top as I expected.

Just what I was gonna say but im still mad how she didn't even notice him there. So they both ended up forgetting things from the past, it wasn't just him.

The ending of this ark was well done. I liked the whole different language part with the Bear travailing all over the world.
Jan 18, 2008 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
I couldent hold back the sob when Kotomi said "Welcome Home" hahahaha im so weak!
That was a very nice episode. I was so happy for Kotomi x3 I cant wait for the next ep!!! :D yaaaay! Nagisa episode!

Jan 18, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2004
Well, I had no tears or anything since I wasn't sad. By this point I was beginning to get bored of Kotmoi's arc also, I just didn't see it to be moving at all. The briefcase thing was just weird (it travelled to all those strange places before getting to Japan, wha...) but I liked how they brought back the kuma-chan. It was beautiful that the parents in the end prioritized sending their precious daughter her awaited birthday gift over research that could change the world.

10 more episodes for supposedly three more characters (Tomoya's past will get integrated in obviously). It's sad how the most popular characters have the least screen time on their backstory.
Jan 18, 2008 10:14 PM
Nov 2007
I wasn't really moved either. I enjoyed the Fuko arc much more than Kotomi's. I hated how Okazaki was reluctant to let the other three girls help him de-weed the garden; seemed like a pretty stereotypical semi-guilt trip tactic. And if not, then he should know that chivalry is dead.
Jan 18, 2008 10:24 PM

Jun 2007
aw
really beautiful lets you know that there is some good
especially with the suitcase switching hands from people all over the world
Tears of joy XD
Jan 18, 2008 11:54 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode, very touching. To me the most touching part was when Kotomi opened up the envelope and found out that it was addressed to her and when the music hit in at that moment was simply awesome.
Jan 19, 2008 3:49 AM
Dec 2007
Lelangir said:
I wasn't really moved either. I enjoyed the Fuko arc much more than Kotomi's. I hated how Okazaki was reluctant to let the other three girls help him de-weed the garden; seemed like a pretty stereotypical semi-guilt trip tactic. And if not, then he should know that chivalry is dead.
I think it was part chilvalry and part guilt trip.Besides, out of the four, he's the only one who could skip going back home and not end up with the police force looking for a missing teenager, since his dad is usually too drunk to notice him gone.

Jan 19, 2008 5:34 AM

Dec 2007
Wahhh!! Kotomi ;_;

Damn, this episode made me very teary, and it's been ten minutes since I finished it but I'm still fighting to hold the tears in T_T It was so sad, but I felt so glad for Kotomi. Everything worked out nicely in the end ^^

I liked how we got to see so much emotion from Kotomi. It only made me sure she's my favorite =D

Too bad her arc is over... I wonder who's arc it is now. I couldn't be certain from the preview.

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Jan 19, 2008 5:58 AM

Dec 2007
This one was beautiful :)
much better episode than last one IMO, altough I agree with people here, saying that the whole thing why Tomoya hasn't visited her was a bit of a letdown...
Anyway, i'd love to see Kotomi play violin at the end... And do it right, without killing everyone in range of 10 meters. I know her usual performance is probably just so beautiful that the commoners ears can't bear it, but i'd really love to ask her to lower the level to our usual one :P I know it's not really their style, but they could've for example replaced the ED with this.

anyway, onto the next arc!

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Jan 19, 2008 6:13 AM

Apr 2007
Despite all my complaints and all my disappointment with this anime, I still cried. Damn you, KyoAni! XD Damn you!

Although the suitcase thing was a bit -too- convenient, that's what it was suppoosed to be, right? A miracle. Showing the love only parents can have, and that that love can do anything. It was beautiful really. And they had Portuguese! Real Portuguese! I was like, wow. Thank you, KyoAni. The ending always make up for the bad pacing, doesn't it? XD

In any case... What -exactly- is next episode about? I'm a bit aprehensive. Let's just wait and see...
Jan 19, 2008 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
i cried...lots...
Jan 19, 2008 9:45 AM

Aug 2007
A beautiful episode, it was a great way to end the arc. I'm curious of who will be the next arc.
Jan 19, 2008 10:50 AM

Sep 2007
Crystal said:
Well, I had no tears or anything since I wasn't sad. By this point I was beginning to get bored of Kotmoi's arc also, I just didn't see it to be moving at all. The briefcase thing was just weird (it travelled to all those strange places before getting to Japan, wha...) but I liked how they brought back the kuma-chan. It was beautiful that the parents in the end prioritized sending their precious daughter her awaited birthday gift over research that could change the world.

10 more episodes for supposedly three more characters (Tomoya's past will get integrated in obviously). It's sad how the most popular characters have the least screen time on their backstory.

Pretty much everything Crystal said. I didn't think Kotomi's arc was half as sad as Fuko's arc but oh well.
Jan 19, 2008 10:51 AM

Dec 2007
AngelLily said:
And they had Portuguese! Real Portuguese! I was like, wow.

Yeah, I bet a lot of people around the world felt special just then. I know I did! ^_^

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Jan 19, 2008 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
and i thought fuko's arc was bad...
maybe its kotomi's voice, they shouldnt have picked noto mamiko for her :/
little kotomi is cute though
yuichii2Jan 19, 2008 11:27 AM

Jan 19, 2008 11:32 AM
Dec 2007
yuichii2 said:
and i thought fuko's arc was bad...
maybe its kotomi's voice, they shouldnt have picked noto mamiko for her :/
little kotomi is cute though
That implies you hated it then (even though you gave it a score of 10 in your list)?

I think this arc is not supposed to be super sad like Fuko's (I mean, poor girl bound to a life-support machine yet still striving to bring her sister happiness). Kotomi's arc was a little mix of drama and comedy, and the end was supposed to be happy, unlike Fuko's bittersweet arc ending.

Jan 19, 2008 11:37 AM

Apr 2007
Sakinho said:
AngelLily said:
And they had Portuguese! Real Portuguese! I was like, wow.

Yeah, I bet a lot of people around the world felt special just then. I know I did! ^_^

lol heck yeah, I did.

I feel like the bad guy (girl?) for not liking Fuko at all. lol
Jan 19, 2008 11:43 AM

Oct 2007
From looks of next episode preview next arc will be nagisa's arc, but shouldn't it be last?

Jan 19, 2008 11:46 AM

Aug 2007
No worries, I don't like Fuko as well =P
Jan 19, 2008 11:48 AM
Dec 2007
Fastway said:
From looks of next episode preview next arc will be nagisa's arc, but shouldn't it be last?
Ditto, hence why I'm confused. Maybe it's just a bridge episode for when the Nagisa arc begins.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Nov 16, 2007

154 by CalmTeaTime »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 9, 2007

154 by CalmTeaTime »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by CalmTeaTime »»
Today, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Oct 26, 2007

181 by CalmTeaTime »»
Today, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

136 by CalmTeaTime »»
Today, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.