Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2009 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It should be easy to win battles with Alicia's power, not that she really wants to be used that way. On the other hand, Welkin's punch was a pretty strong one, I surely don't wanna get hit by that^^ he should have given that guy a few more of it. It would be great is Alicia and Welkin can get together again.
Sep 6, 2009 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
Lolz next episode is look like about Selvaria's part tho

that punch is so damn hurt tho XP
Sep 7, 2009 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
made me cry when Welkin was having a dream about Isara :( i just started playing the game and watching her make me miss her too :(
Sep 7, 2009 8:07 PM

Jan 2009
Now the great decision, I can't wait for next episode, I hope nothing bad happens to Selvaria ;/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2009 9:42 AM

Aug 2007
I was a little bored watching this. Welkin punching that guy had to make the episode worth watching. At least next episode I will have a chance to see Selvaria and Alicia fight. :D
Sep 9, 2009 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
Add me to the list of "this episode was boring" people. Lots of talking, nothing revealed. I thought Cordelia was going to say something, but NOPE interrupted.
Alicia nuking everything at the beginning was surprising, but that was pretty much the best part.

Three episodes, next ep seems to maybe have a Selvie/Alicia duel. Though the preview told me nothing.
Sep 9, 2009 12:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kariohki said:
Add me to the list of "this episode was boring" people. Lots of talking, nothing revealed. I thought Cordelia was going to say something, but NOPE interrupted.
Alicia nuking everything at the beginning was surprising, but that was pretty much the best part.

Three episodes, next ep seems to maybe have a Selvie/Alicia duel. Though the preview told me nothing.

A bit anticlimatic for the last few episodes of the series.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 9, 2009 12:54 PM
Mar 2009
Ugh...more "Alicia is a monster that should be abused in battle" crap... This breakaway from the game's story is starting to get pretty bad.

Sep 9, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Did anyone see the last 7-9 seconds of the episode where their showing the sponsors right after the next episode preview? Slapping the poor guy : (
Sep 9, 2009 1:35 PM

Aug 2007
neverless said:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Did anyone see the last 7-9 seconds of the episode where their showing the sponsors right after the next episode preview? Slapping the poor guy : (
that was great, way to extend the scene XD

Otherwise, pretty much in agreement, boring episode was pretty boring
Sep 9, 2009 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
lolz when the guy was getting slapped =D

hmm i hope this wont be rushed to the extent where i hate the ending XD
Sep 9, 2009 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
Am i the only one who liked it. Or is it because you guys played the game and you want so bad to see those staff animated.
If that's the case then thank God i haven't played the game yet because then i wouldn't have enjoyed a fairly good anime.

Yes there wasn't much action and it was about the characters, but really after watching 23 episodes, if you still haven't realized that the series is not concentrated on pure action but more on the characters then you must be blind.

I really felt for Alicia. She really looked to be suffering. You know i kind of wished some moments that along with the Imperials she will just turn around and blow up the guys of the Galia forces that are keeping her like that.
I found the fight scene funny. Team 7 fights like a bunch of schoolgirls. Except Welkin that seems he can follow at the footsteps of Rockie.

Faldio was released and am kind of glad he heard that Alicia doesn't hate him. That will at least put his heart at ease a little.

For the end we have major cliffhanger. Alicia vs Selveria Round 2 is about to begin but this time things don't look very good for Alicia. I hope the back story of Selveria won't take the whole episode next time.

LOL! at the slapping in the end.
Sep 9, 2009 4:17 PM
Apr 2008
Boring. Nothing really happened. Everyone misses Alicia pretty much sums up the entire episode. They didn't even make the brawl interesting.
Sep 9, 2009 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
god ... punch the superior

Sep 9, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2008
i think something will resolve in the next episode, it might be about Selveria
Sep 9, 2009 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Monad said:
I really felt for Alicia. She really looked to be suffering. You know i kind of wished some moments that along with the Imperials she will just turn around and blow up the guys of the Galia forces that are keeping her like that.

yea that want i want too. Blow that Damon or Demon ass =))
Sep 9, 2009 11:29 PM

May 2008
Welkin's punch made me laugh cause he just said sorry LOL, everything happened so slow, how will Welkin fare now

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 10, 2009 6:17 AM

Mar 2009
Little slow episode but I still liked it. My fears of rushed ending are becoming true. Three episodes to go and so much material left.
BIG SPOILER
KillerMan91Sep 10, 2009 6:21 AM
Sep 10, 2009 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
Buildup episode. Still, that punch was epic, an overall good episode imo.
Although considering the amount of material which they still have to cover I'm not sure if it was the best choice to have such a buildup episode at this stage of the series.
yakisobapanSep 10, 2009 12:02 PM
Sep 10, 2009 11:03 AM

May 2009
I'm hoping Selveria wins in the fight vs Alicia, then maybe Welkin can do something to reinspire Alicia.
Sep 10, 2009 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
now that is a punch :o

those commanders had it coming though, welkin did great
Sep 10, 2009 11:57 AM

Aug 2007
Monad said:
Am i the only one who liked it. Or is it because you guys played the game and you want so bad to see those staff animated.
If that's the case then thank God i haven't played the game yet because then i wouldn't have enjoyed a fairly good anime.

Yes there wasn't much action and it was about the characters, but really after watching 23 episodes, if you still haven't realized that the series is not concentrated on pure action but more on the characters then you must be blind.

Trim the fat. :P

I played the game, and it focus on the characters and not much action. (Well gameplay if that counts :P) Even then looking at it in game or anime perspective they are just dragging things out when it came to this episode. As someone said in this thread, its a little late for a build up episode. Anyway, I don’t care if it doesn’t follow the story exactly as the game portrayed, but I don’t like seeing the same development over and over. I was fine before hand with previous episodes doing this for once, since they were giving development for characters who needed it badly *coughSelvariacough* Anyway, I felt for Alicia also, but they already did give great development for her last episode. It almost felt exactly the same as that before. No once can accept her as a Valkyria, she sees herself as a tool. I guess that's why I felt the episode was boring.
Sep 10, 2009 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
Overall I enjoyed the episode. It did feel a tad slow though. Seems like Cordelia should let Welkin see Alicia....though I don't know if she would know that or not.
Sep 10, 2009 2:29 PM
Mar 2009
welkin should become a boxer lol super punch ftw
fuck u regular army!

next episode seems to be about selvaria's past..?

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Sep 10, 2009 4:56 PM

Feb 2009
I thought Alicia's "selfish" request would be to see Welkin. Guess she's better than I thought. Anyway, no one deserves to sit in the same car as Damon for a whole trip.

I laughed at that guy getting slapped, also the Welkin Punch was nice. ^^

It hurts to see Selvaria being so much of a mindless follower of blond mommy's boy. Next episode I'm gonna be sad. -.-
Sep 10, 2009 7:24 PM
Aug 2009
well well, good episode and good punch ^^
Sep 11, 2009 7:02 AM

May 2008
If i was a serial killer,
that general will be top listed
Sep 12, 2009 2:40 AM
Aug 2008
Another crappy episode. Welkin finally grew some balls and threw a punch but that didnt save the crappy generic episode.

Another stupid ending with Alicia not getting out and the dumbass Valkyria being mindless servantl like a fucking idiot.....ugh. How exactly is she a loli when she meets the prince and she ages all fucking old and he looks exactly the same. Bah this anime is stupid.

Then that annoying Isara scene I had to skip because shes an extremely annoying/boring/generic character and hoped once she died she would not come back but nope had to kill time with that.

I dont understand how anyone can still enjoy this crap. Angry rant dont reply trying to justify this crap please.
qwertyasdf1234Sep 12, 2009 2:45 AM
Sep 12, 2009 3:36 AM

Jun 2008
Sakii said:
Another crappy episode. Welkin finally grew some balls and threw a punch but that didnt save the crappy generic episode.

Another stupid ending with Alicia not getting out and the dumbass Valkyria being mindless servantl like a fucking idiot.....ugh. How exactly is she a loli when she meets the prince and she ages all fucking old and he looks exactly the same. Bah this anime is stupid.

Then that annoying Isara scene I had to skip because shes an extremely annoying/boring/generic character and hoped once she died she would not come back but nope had to kill time with that.

I don't understand how anyone can still enjoy this crap. Angry rant dont reply trying to justify this crap please.

If that's how you feel about it no problem and although i hate to say this, this time i have to ask "Why the hell are you watching it?". Just to troll around by making such post?

Because if you just hated the episode or some characters maybe it would have been more logical but you completely hate everything about the show in general. You hate the whole show from the start to the end.
The fact that you are still watching is completely idiotic.
Sep 12, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
So-so episode, nothing really special, except for Welkin giving out a sweet punch, that was pretty nice : 3

And then Welkin running after the Alicia in the car, he's not a very good runner is he? He hardly got anywhere before stopping ^^,

Next episode, might be mighty good (Harr harr harr I'm so funny xD..), or it might not, guess I'll just have to wait and see
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 1:56 PM
Aug 2008
Monad said:
Sakii said:

I don't understand how anyone can still enjoy this crap. Angry rant dont reply trying to justify this crap please.

If that's how you feel about it no problem and although i hate to say this, this time i have to ask "Why the hell are you watching it?". Just to troll around by making such post?

Because if you just hated the episode or some characters maybe it would have been more logical but you completely hate everything about the show in general. You hate the whole show from the start to the end.
Monad said:
Sakii said:

Wrong. I enjoyed the first half . It was decent.
It turned to crap about half way but Im this far and I dont like dropping anime when Im almost done.
Accept the fact that not everyone likes this damn anime accept that this is a forum and I can express my opinion and dislike the show if I want.
Sep 12, 2009 2:40 PM

Jul 2008
did the uniform really changed? dont recognize much of a difference. but pretty much a slow ep. wont complain sicne there were too many ep that were so intense.
but now eveything is set for the final battle. next time it will probably the past .

Sep 12, 2009 6:05 PM

May 2008
LOL at the instant replay and constant slapping at the end.

And god. Welkin has the best yet easily anticipated screams ever. You just know when it's gonna happen and go 'Wait for it..wait for it..!!' then BAM.

Sep 13, 2009 2:59 AM

Nov 2007
A face off between Valkyria =O nice
Sep 14, 2009 3:20 AM

Jul 2009
Hum hum, finally caught up lol..well nothing really much happened this episode, Damon is still an asshole and every regular is an asshole too, i hope Selvaria wiped out all of the regular later..it will be a good ending if that happened..

And wow look Welkin has grown up a bit, i'm proud of you my son, too bad you are a late bloomer.

And how i miss Isara, that little Isara's scene make up a bit..
Sep 14, 2009 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
Nice episode. Nothing spectacular though..... ;)
Sep 17, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
well the last battle is up soom, which valkyria will win? and will maximillian unleash his new weapon? and what of squad 7?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 20, 2009 1:37 AM
Feb 2009
i didnt liek this ep alot
Sep 28, 2009 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
the fight starts next episode.
i'm really pissed with the regulars here.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 30, 2009 1:38 AM

Jul 2008
Alicia cares for her former squad, that is the only real thing I can take away from this episode.
Oct 6, 2009 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
Keykeyoh said:
I'm hoping Selveria wins in the fight vs Alicia, then maybe Welkin can do something to reinspire Alicia.

transfer mana to alicia fate/stay night style?
Oct 6, 2009 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, Welkin actually snapped and took action against his superiors. Too bad he didn't get a chance to talk to Alicia.
Mar 10, 2010 3:03 AM

Mar 2007
Alicia is suppsoed to be the most important person in the force... surely they'd understand if they stop the convoy for a minute or two. Then again Alicia has no backbone no more so watever.

Funny how Welkin's right hook had the best animation from the last 3 episodes.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 3, 2010 10:57 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, you go Mamiko Noto, promoting people and ordering them around. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2010 3:46 PM
Mar 2010
It seems that series go to epilogue.... I say: there are few anime with escalation like this, in begin you don't suppose what happens to epilogue... it is not obvious!!!
Alicia and selvaria's red eyes are absolutely great!!!
Jul 15, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
Ehh... I really liked the episode. D: Strangely awesome to see Welkin sort of lose his temper and punch someone. Didn't think he had it in him... until recently, of course. And the scene with Isara made me miss her, booo... ):

Damon is creepy. Hope he doesn't stick around much longer. And I still can't help but not really like Selvaria... :\ Though I know it's only me...
Sep 14, 2010 12:17 AM

Aug 2010
My favorite part was when Welkin punched the company commander right after yelling at his subordinates about the same thing.
Sep 14, 2010 3:46 AM
Jul 2009
Nice right hand Welkin!
Oct 19, 2010 4:02 PM
Mar 2010
Ah i don't want this series to end >.>
Last battle next eps? Looking foward to the ending but hope Welkin finally tells Alicia he likes her...
Dec 10, 2010 3:02 AM

May 2009
Lol @ Welkin: "ALICIAAA!!!!! orz"

This series turned a bit too dramatic for me a few episodes back, but I'm still interested in the ending so I'll put up with it.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.