Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 19, 2023 8:12 AM
May 2021
really funny and really cute <3<3<3<3
Jan 21, 2023 8:38 AM

Jun 2019
WHY Phone WHY MAKE US RAGE!?
Seeing it was news of Kittens calmed me down though XD
Great Season, the Love Triangle, can relate to Shichimiya and glad she also took the mature approach.
Feb 17, 2023 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
As for season 2, I do wish for more drama, that he would have noticed Sophia's feelings for him on season 2.  I love season 1, but season 2 was just meh, turning into a silly anime with no nuance to it. 

Sophia was the only thing that made me keep watching season 2, and even those scenes with Sophia in season 2 were few.   Season 2 honestly just felt like a bunch of OVA/special episodes, and not a new season. 

Because Sophia was such a cutie as well, I do wish that she was in season 1 as well, with her own drama, competing for the male MC as well. 

Another huge negative of this season 2 is that Rika was not cute/adorable like she was in season 1. In this season 2, she, at least for me, came off as childish and not attractive at all.  In season 1, Rika was very attractive. 

Season 1 tried to be something unique. Season 2 was just "whateva" mentality.   It is a true insult that here on MAL both season 1 and season 2 almost have similar scores.  Im ok with the score for season 1 as of the date of this comment of mine (7.70), but I am not ok with the scoring of season 2 as of this date of this comment (7.55).  Season 2 should be in the lower 6

Off to the concluding movie. 
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:58 AM
Mar 5, 2023 1:10 PM
May 2021
The way he hopped that fence tho 15:20
Mar 11, 2023 8:51 AM

Aug 2022

He's even darker than before. Also he got confessed to by a dude? Just what the fuck is happening lol?

I liked the ending. I already expected them not to kiss. I liked the first season more, but this one was still great.
May 16, 2023 3:48 AM
Feb 2019
two seasons passed already but they really can't even let them have just 1 kiss? bruhhhhhh
Jun 22, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2023
I hooked up to watch rikka's delusions afterall
Jun 30, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2020
Ok so, this episode (as well as this whole season) was a mixed bag, for me.

Yuuta, despite being stupid as heck, actually said something very touching at the end. Everyone has a different wiev on what "romanticism" actually is, and it's okay to live a relationship in your way. He proved to be a real man, at least.
For the rest of the season, he acted like he was the one with something on his eyes, not Rikka. He didn't notice Shichimiya's crush on him, he treated Nibutani like she was an hassle, and despite finding his relationship with Rikka cute I, too, think he did act too much like a parent to her, rather than a boyfriend.

Rikka was more or less the same as the previous season, but sometimes I tought her chuunibyou worsened over time. The whole "Dark Flame Dragon" thing was kinda pointless tbh, mostly because the anime focused much more on Shichimiya rather than showing us what Rikka was actually trying to achieve. At the end, I still like her, but I think she could have developed so much more.

Nibutani, Dekomori and Kumin were basically the same as the last season, and I did like how some episodes were more focused on them. Nibutani x Dekomori is real (not something I expected tbh, tought it would have remained a first season joke), and there were also more focus on Yuuta's sister which is nice.
But man, did they really have to totally remove Isshiki? He could have been a great character. Or not. But you know, he could at least been a male character other than Yuuta. They really did him dirty, and they even joked about it during the last couple episodes.

THEY ALSO MADE A BOY FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM NOOOOOOOOOO

Shichimiya was an interesting character, I liked here more than Rikka since her chuuni:normal ratio was definitely more balanced than Rikka. Knew from the first episode she would have lost, but man it did really did a thing on my heart. At this point, I probably would have preferred the anime to let the love triangle open instead of closing it with what was an unsatisfactory ending for both sides.

I can't say I stayed for the interesting plot, in particular when Shichimiya wasn't on screen, but somehow I can't bring myself to hate this season. I mean, it definitely wasn't something to talk about much, the love triangle plot was predictable and the episodes felt more like fillers for the first season rather than the cast going through their second year (also, this season was mostly set during summer, which isn't something I should complain about really).
What really kept me watching this was the cute artstyle (KyoAni typical style after 2011), the great animation (despite not being interested in the chuuni shit), the gorgeous soundtrack and the voice actors. Everything was crafter perfectly and it really delivered an interesting season, even if I have to recognize the plot was uninteresting and most viewers could have find it "cringy" or whatever (probably not the demographic target KyoAni was trying to get to).
The story, from both seasons, has a much more deep meaning than what it is shown, much like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Hyouka, but this time it was even more buried down, so obviously the first thing one would notice isn't the interesting message of the show itself.

I can't really say I disliked the season, but I can't also say it was good. I'd give it a 6/10 (or a 7/10 if I change my mind a little) because I just want to, but I don't really have a way to judge this season. I think I will probably remember this show, for a reason or anaother, but in the end... I am glad I watched it.
Aug 7, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2023
It was a little hard to understand the emotions of the protagonists at first, but as the story progressed, I could see how the protagonists interacted and in the end started to understand each other.
Aug 29, 2023 7:00 AM
Mar 2021
Sep 12, 2023 9:34 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Sep 21, 2023 4:25 AM
May 2023
"You're not gonna let it end like this, are you?" -Nibutani

took the words out of my mouth
Oct 18, 2023 6:28 AM
Apr 2023
oah amq nooluy gay gay gay gay gya gya gya
Oct 24, 2023 9:46 PM

Sep 2023
According to a prior commenter, the light novels do have them kiss? I wouldn't know but if that is true then KyoAni are a bunch of losers and should be ashamed of themselves. How dumb can they be? I mean they gotta know that over 80% of viewers wanted to see a real kiss. Good way to piss of your viewerbase by poor decision making.

All in all, the show was good if not great. That one little detail isn't enough to make me hate the show.

Black Ishiki was something else. And a gay crush too boot? Geesh. But whatever

Off to the specials I go.
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Nov 2023
It was good, but I do think that Season One was better.

I also felt like I watched more filler than I did plot, which Season One didn't feel like at all, but whatever. 
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

223 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.