Forum Settings
Forums

Why do girls in anime beat up guys for no reason at all and everybody is alright with it?

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2014 7:45 PM

Apr 2013
Because they're women.

They can get away with it.
Mar 25, 2014 2:33 AM

Jan 2013
Shiratori99 said:

You realize that almost all anime on your list are otaku anime, right?

*sigh* you guys don't get it...then what shows aren't for otakus? most of my 8-10 aren't...by my definition that is.

Idk what kind of pathetic way of thinking you guys have. As for toradora...was 15 when I watched that. but when you see the same fking stereotype characters in every anime you get sick of it. At least I do
NaturalPermMar 25, 2014 2:38 AM
Mar 25, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2014
I totally know what you mean. It bothers me too. If the guy is not at fault he should definitely talk back.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Mar 25, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2012
Japanese jokes? Some are funny some are not. In this case if executed correctly it 'should' be funny.
Mar 25, 2014 3:46 AM
Feb 2014
this has been something that has been bothering me for a while now .
Tsundere has become : typical , generic and very trite and you see it in every Fking anime now a day Japan must have a weird sense of slapstick humor
Once you taste poison, you might as well finish the meal. If it comes to that you would make as fine a dish as any.-Horo
Mar 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Feb 2014
pralan said:
Emiyu said:
I think that is better of the opposite!

Male abuse is used as comedy?

Yeah!i think this looks better at least :P
Mar 25, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
Japanese feminism, dude.

It's on par with Tumblr feminism.
Mar 25, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2013
Because development of the tsundere character.

While it is overdone and something that gets old quick, I'm not offended in any way- they're just Chinese cartoons, y'know?
Mar 25, 2014 5:44 AM

Mar 2014
Shitty writing and people who actually find crap like this "entertaining" but it's really double standard bs

Tsunderes are just bad in general.. EXCEPT Rin Tohsaka...yea she's awesome and will remain that way..

If I want to see abuse that's actually hilarious to watch.. Tom & Jerry would be my first choice since that's actually good
Mar 25, 2014 6:13 AM
Nov 2010
Those anime are shit anyway. Good anime don't have those stupid scenes.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Mar 25, 2014 6:17 AM
Nov 2010
sedmelluq said:
What are you talking about. I'd love to get a kick in the shoulder from Holo. Especially due to what follows that... he he.

Horo is nothing like that...she's way above what this thread is talking about.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Mar 25, 2014 7:11 AM

Jul 2011
Emiyu said:
pralan said:
Emiyu said:

Where besides Chuunibyou? :P
Mar 25, 2014 7:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
pralan said:
Emiyu said:
pralan said:
Emiyu said:

Where besides Chuunibyou? :P
Ironically I must admit I feel pretty bad watching Yuuta hit Rikka sometimes so maybe the double standards are on to something after all.

That or it's just my masochistic subconscience reacting to it I guess.
Mar 25, 2014 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
Oh pull the strap-on outta your ass OP. Its comedy.

Besides if were REALLY gonna bring up the sexism in anime argument, women have it worse because theyre hardly ever the protagonist, let alone the most powerful, of the show and usually always have to depend on the men for something. Oh and we cant forget the fanservice.
Mar 25, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
An easy way to do slapstick comedy.
Mar 25, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
I totally agree, it's supposed to be funny but it annoys the fucking shit out of me.
Mar 25, 2014 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
Its cheap comedy. Its your mistake to even be watching that sort of anime if you do not like scenes such as that.
Mar 25, 2014 10:13 AM

Feb 2014
jonnyhan said:
Its cheap comedy. Its your mistake to even be watching that sort of anime if you do not like scenes such as that.

It's inevitable.

Mar 25, 2014 10:21 AM

May 2013
Depends on how it's portrayed. If it's done in a comedic manner (which it typically is), it's no big deal because it's comedy. If it's portrayed seriously though, that is when you should get pissed. Fortunately, we don't see that too often, so I can't provide an example.
Mar 25, 2014 10:23 AM

Feb 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
Depends on how it's portrayed. If it's done in a comedic manner (which it typically is), it's no big deal because it's comedy. If it's portrayed seriously though, that is when you should get pissed. Fortunately, we don't see that too often, so I can't provide an example.

You should watch OreImo so you could get pissed.

Mar 25, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2013
trebmeg said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I have, and it kind of does at points :/ Ahh, that could have been my example if I had thought of it at the time :S
Mar 25, 2014 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
trebmeg said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I have, and it kind of does at points :/ Ahh, that could have been my example if I had thought of it at the time :S

Yeah, I almost dropped it if not for Kuroneko.

Mar 10, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2012
I somewhat dislike when multiple anime girls decides to beat up a guy when he didnt bring himself into the situation, I like anime and stuff, but I dislike when the guys gets beat up for something they didnt do, it annoys me xD
"Dont wait for the knight in shining armour to come and save you, be the knight in shining armour, and save yourself."
- American newscaster responding to the Anonymous group.
Mar 10, 2015 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
gamer2710 said:
Because the man is supposed to sit there and take whatever kind of crap a girl throws at him because girls are weak and men are strong. If a man is weak then he can't get the pussy. But if a girl is weak all she needs to do is call for help for the slightest misunderstanding so that she can feel better at a man's expense. After all, why empathize when the law and society are on your side?

I do think this for the most part and you can't really prove me wrong.

And with this post I'm not saying that men can't be worse, but the law is far more advantageous to woman than it is to men.
Mar 10, 2015 2:21 PM
Sep 2013
We all know on an emotional level it's not as bad when a small, weak woman hits a man.

So when a woman abuses a man, it's sorta sour grapes. People get more mad about the double-standard than the actual abuse.

Conversely, I'm convinced that on some deep, visceral level, patriarchy makes sense to everybody. It's not some freak coincidence that males have run the show since the dawn of man.

The idea that the two sexes have no inherent differences is socially conditioned--it's a modern day myth, and like all myths it's blasphemy to speak out against it when it's popular.
Mar 10, 2015 2:43 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I personally find it annoying.
Mar 10, 2015 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
Skyzblue said:
Because those creepy ass otaku's like it that way..
Mar 10, 2015 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
Because a real man would never allow a girl to pick on him, those guys deserve everything they get.

MANLINESS
Mar 10, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
I hate that trope so much. It's never funny, but it is used so much. I have nearly dropped anime because of it.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Mar 10, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2014
Because them bitches need to get a cap popped in their ass.
Mar 10, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
Largething said:
We all know on an emotional level it's not as bad when a small, weak woman hits a man.

So when a woman abuses a man, it's sorta sour grapes. People get more mad about the double-standard than the actual abuse.

Conversely, I'm convinced that on some deep, visceral level, patriarchy makes sense to everybody. It's not some freak coincidence that males have run the show since the dawn of man.

The idea that the two sexes have no inherent differences is socially conditioned--it's a modern day myth, and like all myths it's blasphemy to speak out against it when it's popular.

If you were slapped by a female stranger and you slapped her back, even if just once, even if using the exact same power/force/strength as she did, you'd still be the one being shunned and the one who could get in problems with the law, not her.

I am indeed in favor of men and as such I'm biased of course however I don't use these arguments (such as man has been the leading role of all humanity and will continue to be) to prove my point right, I don't need to because there's far more arguments that prove me right with modern day laws and situations that happen every day.

I don't obviously agree with men beating woman, I've always said "If you want to argue then do it verbally, the moment you pretend to act like a man and turn a verbal discussion into a physical one then you can be sure that I'll treat you like a man"

TLDR; don't hit woman first but don't go overboard if you're hit, I believe it's okay to fight and to hit, it's not a big deal as most people make it seem like nowadays, fighting in itself is a way of communication, I've gotten into fights with friends that I've known for over 15 years and our friendship still remains stronger than ever.
Mar 10, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
blame patriarchy and feminism ..... it is the route of all evil ...
lewd is love, lewd is life !

Mar 10, 2015 3:36 PM

Dec 2014

Here is a funny scene for you.

In fairy tail girls get beaten a lot.

(Many times beatings only get girls' clothes to be ripped though.)
Mar 10, 2015 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
I dropped Toradora because of this. Generally not found of violent tsundere girls. A playful slap on the shoulder is one thing, throwing tables after people is another.
Mar 10, 2015 4:35 PM

Jun 2014
Girls are weak, so if they hit guys, it shouldn't hurt...

or something like that.

Getting beat up by a girl and then bouncing back like its nothing without bitching about it is somewhat manly in Japanese peoples view I think.
Mar 10, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2013
It's just a joke, and usually done in comedic manner :)

(though, being overused, it's not funny for me anymore)
Mar 10, 2015 9:50 PM

Nov 2014
jestakawaii said:
kusanagi353 said:
A guy fell down the stairs and landed on her and immediately blames her calling her a pervert and hits her

Who else wanting to see this! :DD

Those perverted people....

Even though it's just incidentally way..
I believe in "Accident happens".
Mar 10, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2014
Because guys secretly like it
Mar 11, 2015 2:46 AM

Mar 2015
Well it's mostly because the guy in some way annoyed the girl. Anyway why does this matter? I barely watch anime where a girl would beat up a guy, or maybe that's just me. But at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.
Mar 11, 2015 2:54 AM
Feb 2014
OP works for Kotaku? Cool beans.
Mar 11, 2015 4:58 AM

Jan 2008
waterfallsxo said:
I hate that trope so much. It's never funny, but it is used so much. I have nearly dropped anime because of it.

This
Mar 11, 2015 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
Butthurt OP.
Jun 3, 2015 6:37 AM
Jun 2015
You can call it slapstick , or feminism or w/e .. I call it the point where I turn that shit off . You don't see kazumi yuuji or shiba tatsuya getting slapped for a misunderstanding . The "fad" of the violent chicks beating on some pussy MC is showing itself less and less . I think they're finally realizing that most of us hate it .
Jun 3, 2015 7:11 AM
Apr 2015
Feminists get horny when they see it
Jun 3, 2015 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Red_Keys said:
Shitty situations written by shitty writers enjoyed by shitty people.

Cause gender double standards exist, unfortunately, and are perpetuated by the insecure, shallow, simpleton anime fan base. As well as the rest of society. We, as a whole, are simply a lot less empathetic toward males than we are females. Violence against women is demonized (as it rightly should be), while violence against men is glorified and praised. It's just the society we live in.

So writers are going to continue to take advantage of this dogmatic worldview, and use it to create easy, cheap, overused, banal, obnoxious "comedy", that people will continue to eat up over and over again, because it feels comfortable to them and aligns with their shitty sexist attitudes.

Good lord I hate this. Talk about the most redundant, vague, and nonsensical "argument" ever.

But that clip comes from EvAbridged which is hilarious. That's the response, i believe, to "Why are kids being put into these mecha suits..?"
Jun 3, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
Xynic said:
because anime fans are masochistic.
Jun 3, 2015 7:31 AM
Sep 2013
I'm pretty sure that those scenes are used for comedic purposes.
Jun 3, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
Enmity_ said:
I'm pretty sure that those scenes are used for comedic purposes.

That get worked too much and became annoying, I mean it's practically stupid that turns out to be a questionable.
Jun 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
Old_Raven said:
Oh pull the strap-on outta your ass OP. Its comedy.

Besides if were REALLY gonna bring up the sexism in anime argument, women have it worse because theyre hardly ever the protagonist, let alone the most powerful, of the show and usually always have to depend on the men for something. Oh and we cant forget the fanservice.

There are plenty of shows where women are the protagonist and the most powerful characters but there are (almost) no shows where men abuse women for comedy...so, on average, men have it worse.

Besides, what use is being the protagonist if your role is to get beat up by women all the time. Seriously, how does that make me feel better for being a man - if I were an anime character I would get my ass kicked all the time but I would be TEH PROTAGONIST...what good would that do to me?
Jun 3, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
Skyzblue said:
Because those creepy ass otaku's like it that way..
kill yourself
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to enjoy 3D Anime more than 2D Anime ?

tchitchouan - Yesterday

38 by Rinrinka »»
1 minute ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - Apr 27

6 by ST63LTH »»
2 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

58 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - Apr 27

19 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Apr 26

37 by Rinrinka »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.