Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2012
Third time's a charm? I think not.

I love the first season enough to add it to my personal favorites, but this season is pretty shit...

So please Kyoani, stop milking a dead cow. The story wasn't going anywhere since the conclusion of the first season, and I'm sure as hell not going to hope again that any continuation of the story will be any better like in this season.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Mar 28, 2014 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
Weighing in here: S3 is inevitable. We still haven't seen them kiss.
Mar 28, 2014 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
Season 2 is a mistake in the first place.
Mar 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Mar 2009
i love the 1st season... but this one.... meh
Mar 28, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't be against it cause season 2 wasn't that bad I liked it only problem was lack of story. So if they focus next season 90% on Yuuta and Rikka then yes. But if it's going to be too fillerish and faff around then no.
Mar 28, 2014 8:48 AM

Sep 2013
pseudoenigma said:
We still haven't seen them kiss.

Mar 28, 2014 8:53 AM
Mar 2014
Lusbox said:
pseudoenigma said:
We still haven't seen them kiss.

They did kiss on the cheek.
Mar 28, 2014 9:18 AM
Mar 2014
I want a third season just to see how hard Kyoani can beat a dead horse.
Mar 28, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
Hibbington said:
Even if the 2nd season wasn't as good as the first the overall show deserves a final third season to close it out and then have a couple OVAs where it ends with a baby or something. The Tyrant Eye Dragon.

Season Three threshold is tough enough to crack and I'm pretty disappointed on the complete vicious betrayal of this anime community to this show over what I feel is not as much as a filler season then everyone is barking it up like rabid dogs to be. Just take a step back and calm down everyone.

You're not the only one who feels like people are making a bigger deal than they, for lack of a better word, should. I can understand complaints about the pacing, or about Satone not getting a proper treatment by the show, but some of the complaints I've heard simply don't make sense coming from someone who watched both seasons.

I've heard people say they thought Yuuta and Rikka's relationship remained too 'kiddy,' or that it should have progressed faster. I've heard people say they thought Rikka should have outgrown chuunibyou. Both of these blatantly contradict the messages of both seasons, messages that the show waved in the viewers' faces.
Mar 28, 2014 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
3rd season would be worth it only if that season would have more development between the characters.
Mar 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
Synopsis
Continuing from the events of the last series (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren), both Rikka and Satone stand at their respective locations waiting for Yuuta to meet with one of them, only to discover that Yuuta has disappeared, with not even the slightest evidence of his existence left behind. All is not lost however, as the letters the two of them sent to him still give hope of Yuuta's continued existence. As Rikka and company search for answers on Yuuta's whereabouts, they soon find the truth staring back at them when Yuuta reappears in front of them as the leader of t...the Unseen Horizon. Left with little choice, Rikka must now confront her most unlikely adversary on the battlefield in her toughest challenge yet.

No seriously we don't want a S3. I'm just saying that it seems like there's still material so it's not like it's impossible.
Mar 28, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
IZEROII said:
lol the haters

I love the hater retort. Its so childish.

pseudoenigma said:
Synopsis
Continuing from the events of the last series (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren), both Rikka and Satone stand at their respective locations waiting for Yuuta to meet with one of them, only to discover that Yuuta has disappeared, with not even the slightest evidence of his existence left behind. All is not lost however, as the letters the two of them sent to him still give hope of Yuuta's continued existence. As Rikka and company search for answers on Yuuta's whereabouts, they soon find the truth staring back at them when Yuuta reappears in front of them as the leader of t...the Unseen Horizon. Left with little choice, Rikka must now confront her most unlikely adversary on the battlefield in her toughest challenge yet.

No seriously we don't want a S3. I'm just saying that it seems like there's still material so it's not like it's impossible.

For the record, this synopsis sounds a lot better than the upcoming volume.
Mar 28, 2014 4:15 PM

Apr 2009
So much buttmad
I'd be down for a third season. Even if S2 wasn't as good as S1, it was still pretty good.
Mar 28, 2014 8:14 PM

May 2012
pseudoenigma said:
Synopsis

Please don't remind me of Shana S3. Please.

Though compared to that, I guess I could tolerate a third season of Chuunibyo.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Mar 29, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
FlyingPiranha said:
pseudoenigma said:
Synopsis

Please don't remind me of Shana S3. Please.

Though compared to that, I guess I could tolerate a third season of Chuunibyo.

I'd quite happily watch a season 3 of Chuunibyo instead of that let down.
Mar 29, 2014 3:26 PM

Oct 2009
pls no :/ but if they will make III season somehow i dont watch this shit anymore. Rikka pisses me off. so infantile character. if they relationship will be grow so slow Yuuta have to wait to get laid. hella sad.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 29, 2014 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
I don't get the hate about this anime. Screw all you haters, Rikka!!!! <3
Mar 29, 2014 6:52 PM
Dec 2013
I want another season.
Mar 29, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
I'd be fine with another season. It's just one of those shows I enjoy.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Mar 29, 2014 11:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I'll accept a season 3 on condition KyoAni does Full Metal Panic first.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 29, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
wakka9ca said:
I'll accept a season 3 on condition KyoAni does Full Metal Panic first.
U mean Haruhi first?
Mar 31, 2014 7:45 AM

May 2010
I... don't want one... (I can't believe I just said that)

Okay maybe yes... maybe...
TragicRomanceMar 31, 2014 8:00 AM
Mar 31, 2014 9:52 AM
Mar 2014
After what they did with season 2, I think season 3 isn't necessary for a few years (maybe even decades).
Mar 31, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2009
Guess it depends on the sales. But I wouldn't want it personally.

Who is the new girl in the third volume? Another Yuuta-lover?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 2, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, let's have a new season and have Kyoani lose more money..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 2, 2014 10:17 PM
Oct 2013
it's still unfinished it has to have a third season
Apr 5, 2014 8:46 AM
Feb 2014
pseudoenigma said:
Synopsis

Nice plot, that really can be used for Season 3 ^_^

I agree with you guys that the last episode of Chu-2 Koi Ren! feels weird (dumping the entire episode is much better). Nevertheless, I still don't want KyoAni to make a third season. Sequels (especially after the second series) suck (though I have never watched Shana, so I dunno about its S3).

If KyoAni dares to make a Season 3, it needs to make:
a. Rikka grow up
b. Proper romance (not father-daughter relationship) between Rikka and Yuuta
c. Not tossing rivals around as if they can't make the relationship tested (Satone's rather poor position in Ren destroyed the series)
d. More Isshiki (Kumin can stay)
e. A much better plot that equates S1
f. A lesson to be learnt by heart by viewers at the end
g. Keep DekoxNibu
These 7 criteria should all be met so that S3 makes sense for viewers to watch.
Apr 5, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Based on sales I seriously doubt it.

Also lol at Kyo Ani Losing money.

After selling 30k per volume of Free (which probably cost them 200 bucks and a pizza to make) Kyo Ani is probably bathing their dogs in money.
Apr 6, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
im not talking bad here i seriously love this anime...

but seriously let it go aldy dude whats the point in having S3???
cant we just let it go like the ending said?
THEY all LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apr 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
smartboyhw said:
Nice plot, that really can be used for Season 3 ^_^

It's the plot of Shakugan no Shana 3.
Apr 7, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't like second season as much as first one, but I would still like a season 3.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

May 1, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2014
Depends on sales.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 2, 2014 6:58 AM

Dec 2012
Hopefully not.

Can't believe people actually enjoyed chuu2 ren, and this is coming from someone who was deeply expecting it (jan 4th never forget).

I dropped it lol.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 22, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
It was really enjoyable watching season 1, i really had a great time, i loved (love) it.

And the haters that forgive me, but i had a great time watching season 2 too.

Therefore, i would really like a third season... i want to have great times again watching it.

Sometimes, we have no specific reasons for which we like and/or love so much something or someone ... we just like and love without having a clear answer for this.

And as a fan of Chuunibyou we always expect a gradual evolution of their characters as well as their relationships without losing its essence. This is not only for Yuuta and Rikka also goes for all the other characters, as Dekomori, Nibutani and the others around them. Perhaps they intend (or intended =/) to let for the third season what you have been waiting for: the kiss between Rikka and Yuuta; and also a greater focus on Dekomori and Nibutani relationship. Well, for Rikka and Yuuta, what was not lacking in past seasons was double moments between the two.

You have to remember the last minutes of the last episode (episode 12) season 2, specifically from 19:05 until the end. Pay attention to the speeches...
They were developing in their relationship, even if slowly and gradually ... we have to remember how are their personality and their characteristics .. they are they, and we can't want them to be and do what we would do in their place, and as well how they should do, each one has their pace and way of life, because each one is each one.

Moreover, it is worth remembering that the anime does not have a close relationship with the Light Novel -> so i do not agree; i am favor anime being faithful to his landmark work, but...
TechOtakuJun 22, 2014 11:24 AM
Jun 24, 2014 9:38 PM
Nov 2008
If they make an OVA with them kissing i would agree. BUT if it`s a full/half court season i dont agree. Fuck this, i watched the second season thinking that they would kiss but i got that lame ending. for fks sake.
Jun 24, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2014
I think no.
2 Season is enough for Chuuni for me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

206 by FarCritical »»
May 3, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

169 by FarCritical »»
May 3, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2014

183 by FarCritical »»
May 1, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

200 by FarCritical »»
Apr 28, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

174 by FarCritical »»
Apr 27, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.