Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 1, 2014 5:35 PM
Jan 2014
Longest boat trip ever.
Apr 1, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2009
at last~ hope he finish it this time
Apr 6, 2014 8:56 AM
Jan 2011
will probably be a filler chapter lol.
Apr 6, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
blueyedsamurai said:
will probably be a filler chapter lol.

What?
Apr 10, 2014 2:39 PM
Oct 2009
probably on the damn boat still
Apr 10, 2014 5:04 PM
Apr 2010
LayedBack said:
And of course everyone has to come in here and whine for the billionth time about this. If you're no longer interested in Berserk then just let it go already, we don't really need to hear the same negative crap over and over and over again.

No. I'm tired of lazy ass manga authors.
Apr 10, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2010
LayedBack said:
And of course everyone has to come in here and whine for the billionth time about this. If you're no longer interested in Berserk then just let it go already, we don't really need to hear the same negative crap over and over and over again.
And we don't need to hear the same positive crap over and over and over again.
Apr 10, 2014 8:46 PM

Jul 2010
NiN10d0h said:
LayedBack said:

Yes. I'm tired of reading comments from entitled readers that probably never buy the manga and only read it through scanlations. And he isn't a "Lazy ass" manga author.
Apr 11, 2014 2:26 AM

Apr 2009
DemiFiendRSA said:
NiN10d0h said:
LayedBack said:

Yes. I'm tired of reading comments from entitled readers that probably never buy the manga and only read it through scanlations. And he isn't a "Lazy ass" manga author.

Exactly, he - unlike Togashi - actually works.
Just a reminder: Kafka never published The Trial when he was alive and it is still hailed as one of the best books of the 20th century even though it is unfinished. I'd rather have a high quality product that takes time then get rushed and horrible chapters just to please entitled idiots who mostly didn't even buy the series.
NidhoeggrApr 11, 2014 2:33 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 11, 2014 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
DemiFiendRSA said:
NiN10d0h said:
LayedBack said:

He ran out of ideas then?
Apr 11, 2014 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
Miura has plenty of ideas, tsud.
It's just that he has to take care of his health (iirc the biweekly schedule really strained his body in the 90s) and is a perfectionist: He manages 1 page per day, which - along with redraws, planning, etc. - translates to roughly one chapter per month. It's just that he doesn't publish them every month and rather waits for a few chapters to pile up.
Just view it as a monthly series and you are good to go, lots of other monthlies have the same problems (Drifters by Hirano, for example).
Apr 11, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2007
NiN10d0h said:
LayedBack said:

Yeaaaahh, he's not lazy. I'll refer you to these interview questions from SkullKnight.net actually answered by Miura himself.

The important one here:

Q8: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

Miura: I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

---

Also, in the interview with him on the Berserk DVD Complete Collection, he mentions that he can finish about a page a day. Considering the incredible amount of detail in every page, I'd believe him.
Apr 11, 2014 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
kdawg said:
NiN10d0h said:
LayedBack said:

Yeaaaahh, he's not lazy. I'll refer you to these interview questions from SkullKnight.net actually answered by Miura himself.
The important one here:

Q8: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

Miura: I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

---

Also, in the interview with him on the Berserk DVD Complete Collection, he mentions that he can finish about a page a day. Considering the incredible amount of detail in every page, I'd believe him.
Just because he did that 5 years ago doesn't mean he's continued to do it up until now.
Apr 12, 2014 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
Just a question regarding the status of the manga but is this going to continue as a monthly issue?
Apr 14, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
Just a question regarding the status of the manga but is this going to continue as a monthly issue?

It's actually biweekly with some issue breaks from time to time when it's not on hiatus. It depends on how many episodes Miura puts up on queue for publishing.
Apr 14, 2014 11:15 PM

Nov 2011
DemiFiendRSA said:
Stark700 said:

It's actually biweekly with some issue breaks from time to time when it's not on hiatus. It depends on how many episodes Miura puts up on queue for publishing.

Alright, thanks for clarifying that.
Apr 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
For all intends and purposes I'd see it as a monthly series, though.
Apr 15, 2014 7:25 AM
Apr 2014
YESSSS!!! I'm so glad about this. This just made my year a whole lot better.
Apr 15, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:

Alright, thanks for clarifying that.

No problem.

Nidhoeggr said:

Well, yeah, as you already mention in response to tsud, Miura is able to get some of these episodes published biweekly because he works on them whenever the series is on “hiatus” while looking out for his own health. In that sense, I guess it can be viewed as a monthly.
Apr 15, 2014 6:42 PM
Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Just make it officially monthly, and he bumps the page count up to 23-25. We're all happy.
Apr 16, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
I am afraid he can't do that so easily as he needed to change magazines because of this and iirc the current magazine always gets a huge boost in sales whenever Berserk is published. They won't let him do that because they need him.
Apr 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Feb 2014
Hah great, finally back into some sweet Berserk manga. That is the stuff I like to see
Apr 16, 2014 2:41 AM
Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
I am afraid he can't do that so easily as he needed to change magazines because of this and iirc the current magazine always gets a huge boost in sales whenever Berserk is published. They won't let him do that because they need him.

Just make it officially in that magazine, like Berserk can stay there, but it publishes at this specific issue every month. Many magazines do this: Weekly Young Jump has a few monthly series like REAL, Weekly Shonen Sundays has lots of monthly series being serialized despite being a weekly magazine due to its huge amount of series (40-ish).
Apr 16, 2014 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
Xinception said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Just make it officially in that magazine, like Berserk can stay there, but it publishes at this specific issue every month. Many magazines do this: Weekly Young Jump has a few monthly series like REAL, Weekly Shonen Sundays has lots of monthly series being serialized despite being a weekly magazine due to its huge amount of series (40-ish).

Fair point, they could do that.
Apr 20, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
oooo there's actually a chapter out. Nice. I wonder if he has worked with the company to work out a regular schedule, like say a chapter every month and a half or so, perhaps longer. I'd much rather them come at a slow and steady rate than just random dates xD

But i am glad there is a new chapter :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 20, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
jimbob1141 said:
oooo there's actually a chapter out. Nice. I wonder if he has worked with the company to work out a regular schedule, like say a chapter every month and a half or so, perhaps longer. I'd much rather them come at a slow and steady rate than just random dates xD

But i am glad there is a new chapter :D

I prefer this way if it was on a regular schedule it would be something like one chapter each 3-4 months.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
11 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.