Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2009 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ahh I love that Dragon Slayer's power. Poison Dragon huh? ^^
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 24, 2009 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
I was surprised to see another dragon slayer...

It seems like most of the enemies of Natsu are dragon slayers O__O
This is a signature.
Aug 24, 2009 3:27 PM

Sep 2007
Richard ? XD
And the end... Dragon Slayer ?!
Aug 24, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2008
awah, another one?
I'd be dammed if natsu makes a friend out of this one too..
Aug 24, 2009 4:49 PM

Mar 2008
Do we really need another Dragon Slayer?
Aug 24, 2009 5:07 PM

May 2007
Lol...seems like everyone is echoing my sentiments as well. I thought dragon slayers were rather rare. Seems like we've stumbled upon a bunch all of a sudden. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. *Shrugs*

I'm more interested in seeing where Mashima heads with the story. At the moment, it seems like he really doesn't have a plan and is just buying time. My gut feeling is that this Nirvana thing is just a small piece to something that's going to be building up....although its going at a snail's pace. We'll see though.

On another note, I just hope that the Richard vs. Midnight fight doesn't take up too many pages/chapters. Those characters really don't interest me at all.
Aug 24, 2009 5:15 PM

Jul 2009
I knew he'd end up thinking nothing just like Goku in Dragonball was too pure to be beaten by a technique that exploits darkness in people's hearts...and Luffy in One Piece when Hebi-hime's mero mero merrow doesn't affect him cos he has no impure thoughts XD
Aug 24, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2007
Richard! lol. I wonder what's so special about Midnight and what's her power is. (I-it's a girl, right? o_O)

Aug 24, 2009 5:43 PM

Aug 2009
Yea I'm pretty sure she is a girl. Lol I won't be surprise if the poison dragon slayer joins Natsu's side.
Aug 24, 2009 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
so richard is fighting midnight, while natsu is fighting yet another dragon slayer user, this time poison, nice twist yet again!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 24, 2009 6:22 PM

May 2009
the thing with finding dragon slayers already, since they're rare they should be the powerful people in the powerful guilds right? so i think its pretty normal to find them when serious things go down.
Aug 24, 2009 7:20 PM

Oct 2007
Zell182 said:
...and Luffy in One Piece when Hebi-hime's mero mero merrow doesn't affect him cos he has no impure thoughts XD

more like luffy vs enel to be more precise...
Aug 24, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
lol
how much dragon slayers are there exactly?
XD at the WTF
and Richard? was kinda random unless that name will later help them out

hmm 150 will be next
and leave it to Natsu to not think XD
Aug 24, 2009 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
bah another dragon slayer -_-
Aug 24, 2009 9:10 PM

Oct 2007
Nothing wrong with another dragon slayer. There has been like 3 in the whole series so far (Luxas is a fake dragon slayer so I'm not counting him). Why not use a idea you made in your own story?

anyways pretty good chapter. Curious as to how they will beat Blaine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Aug 24, 2009 9:38 PM

Jun 2009
^^ because it's clearly overused. Everyone (almost? not sure) Natsu matched up in a fight have been dragonslayers since Gazelle (Luxus clearly counts since everyone considered him a dragonslayer at the time). It's fine to have dragonslayers, but why always have them matched against Natsu? Or why use it so much so soon? Plus, the listening magic/snake could have certainly be more effective. As it is, it's clearly a cop-out.

The 'everyone is a dragonslayer' disease is a variant of the 'everbody has a sharingan' disease. Clearly a bad thing.
Aug 24, 2009 11:49 PM

Nov 2007
lol another dragon slayer O_O?
Aug 25, 2009 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
fisher_88 said:
^^ because it's clearly overused. Everyone (almost? not sure) Natsu matched up in a fight have been dragonslayers since Gazelle (Luxus clearly counts since everyone considered him a dragonslayer at the time). It's fine to have dragonslayers, but why always have them matched against Natsu? Or why use it so much so soon? Plus, the listening magic/snake could have certainly be more effective. As it is, it's clearly a cop-out.

The 'everyone is a dragonslayer' disease is a variant of the 'everbody has a sharingan' disease. Clearly a bad thing.

Actually, Natsu has fought many non-dragon slayers, such as Gerard. Though, I have to agree that it's quite stupid most dragon slayers are matched against Natsu. Then again, it's an easy way to move the plot along, since Natsu will get the chance to ask them about their dragons and stuff when he wins, effectively unveiling more about the dragons (albeit a really stupid way).

This might be a far-fetched idea, but from another perspective, Cobra might also be a fake dragonslayer, since the scales on his hand when he uses his power reminds me of Luxus' hands when he used his lightning powers. If hes a fake dragonslayer then we'll get to find out more about Luxus' father.
Aug 25, 2009 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
^^ Doesn't matter if he fought others, the issue is that he fought all the dragon slayers (not wendy obviously). Cobra being a fake doesn't matter as long as he seems like another dragon slayer (and actually him being fake would start another stupid trend of Natsu fighting fake dragon slayers).

It's too bad really, since it took all the air out of Cobra as a villain.
Aug 25, 2009 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
I finally caught up again. I'm glad I Eat Manga wasn't on Onemanga for this chapter. They used the Del Rey spellings which is just a joke. Why did KEFI drop it? They were the best.
Aug 25, 2009 1:01 AM

Jul 2007
Another dragon slayer? please be a joke :(

There is even more dragon slayers than gerards!
Aug 25, 2009 1:50 AM

Jan 2008
The best way to fight a mind reader is to not think of anything. lol!
Aug 25, 2009 1:57 AM

Aug 2007
LOL'ed Richard, he's so cute.
and wasn't surprised Cobra was a dragon-slayer, isn't it obvious? Snake are part of reptiles = dragons.

Aug 25, 2009 4:31 AM

May 2009
The fight is pretty nice so far.
Surprise! He's another dragon slayer. Well, I'm not very surprised - they seem to appear quite frequently.
Aug 25, 2009 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
I thought they had already revealed him as a dragon slayer so i was kinda shocked to find out that they hadn't. Its so predictable because its been really overused now
Aug 25, 2009 1:31 PM

May 2009
Zell182 said:
I knew he'd end up thinking nothing just like Goku in Dragonball was too pure to be beaten by a technique that exploits darkness in people's hearts...and Luffy in One Piece when Hebi-hime's mero mero merrow doesn't affect him cos he has no impure thoughts XD
You say that like its a good thing. This show is so cliche shounen its ridiculous. He steals so many idea from other shounens. Other than that I agree with Fisher.

It was a meh chapter

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Aug 25, 2009 1:58 PM

Aug 2007
Creepazoid said:
Zell182 said:
You say that like its a good thing. This show is so cliche shounen its ridiculous. He steals so many idea from other shounens. Other than that I agree with Fisher.

It was a meh chapter

You're right. He steals ideas. Just like every other mangaka.
Aug 25, 2009 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
MEH chapter, I really felt nothing happend in this chapter.
I'm just happy that this shit of an arc is coming to an end.
Aug 25, 2009 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh, look another Dragon Slayer! Just what the manga needed....... Although, I guess it makes sense that an uber villain group like Oración Six would have a one among their ranks. Mashima should seriously do a Dragon Slayer arc soon and have them all kick the crap out of each other. Nice to see Natsu get some offense in against Cobra.
Aug 25, 2009 8:46 PM

Oct 2008
So we got our usual "I can readz your mind!!!!!" enemy and the usual solution; "I just won't think about my attacks!!" It seems like I see that ALOT in manga.

Also; holy cuuuuuurap! Midnight's a chick? All this time I thought she was a trap-chan.
Aug 25, 2009 10:32 PM

Jun 2009
Blitzaga said:
and wasn't surprised Cobra was a dragon-slayer, isn't it obvious? Snake are part of reptiles = dragons.

lol, that's not how dragon slayers work.
Drunk_Samurai said:

To be more precise, Mashima steals from the Handbook of Shonen Tropes. He actually stole the whole book, but he only used like a third for Groove Adventure Rave. So this time, he's tring to be efficiently pack each chapter tight with cliches. I personally think he's doing a bang up job, don't you?

But hey, I never read the series for its originality.
Aug 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
NoBadsign said:
So we got our usual "I can readz your mind!!!!!" enemy and the usual solution; "I just won't think about my attacks!!" It seems like I see that ALOT in manga.

Also; holy cuuuuuurap! Midnight's a chick? All this time I thought she was a trap-chan.

It is unknown. Only one scanlation group called Midnight a girl.
Aug 25, 2009 11:03 PM

May 2009
fisher_88 said:
Blitzaga said:

Drunk_Samurai said:

To be more precise, Mashima steals from the Handbook of Shonen Tropes. He actually stole the whole book, but he only used like a third for Groove Adventure Rave. So this time, he's tring to be efficiently pack each chapter tight with cliches. I personally think he's doing a bang up job, don't you?

Thanks for clarifying my point. I don't even care about how many someone steals if they could at least execute it properly, or even better, use that cliche to create a new one. But he just doesn't do that, its not done properly, and has no point a lot of time except making the reader facepalm. I'm criticizing this series so much and I'm still going to be reading it next week lol

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Aug 26, 2009 2:35 AM
Jul 2009
so apparently dragon slayers are more common than any other type of mage?
Aug 26, 2009 5:51 AM

Jun 2008
yay...another dragon slayer \:D/
can't wait for next...
Aug 26, 2009 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
I finally caught up again. I'm glad I Eat Manga wasn't on Onemanga for this chapter. They used the Del Rey spellings which is just a joke. Why did KEFI drop it? They were the best.

Del Rey's romanisations are taken directly from Mashima, though.

Personally, I thought Cobra being revealed as a Dragon Slayer was handled pretty well, at least better than Laxus's reveal. Although yeah, I do think that unless he's going to end up as an important character later, it seems unnecessary for him to be a DS. :/

And I lol'd at Natsu testing Cobra's telepathy.
Aug 26, 2009 8:16 AM

May 2007
Jahn said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Yeah, I was going to mention that to. Whether you agree or not on how it reads in English, the name translations are straight from the mangaka.
Aug 26, 2009 11:08 AM

Aug 2007
Jahn said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Personally, I thought Cobra being revealed as a Dragon Slayer was handled pretty well, at least better than Laxus's reveal. Although yeah, I do think that unless he's going to end up as an important character later, it seems unnecessary for him to be a DS. :/

And I lol'd at Natsu testing Cobra's telepathy.

Only a few have been official romanized by him. There's no evidence they actually get the names from him. Also I don't give a shit anyway. Scanlation names will always be best.
Aug 26, 2009 6:20 PM

Aug 2007
Creepazoid said:
fisher_88 said:
Blitzaga said:

Drunk_Samurai said:

Thanks for clarifying my point. I don't even care about how many someone steals if they could at least execute it properly, or even better, use that cliche to create a new one. But he just doesn't do that, its not done properly, and has no point a lot of time except making the reader facepalm. I'm criticizing this series so much and I'm still going to be reading it next week lol

I forgot to respond to this before. Honestly go read Naruto. Naruto is so full of cliches that Kishimoto should change his name to Clichemoto.
Aug 26, 2009 11:23 PM

Oct 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
NoBadsign said:

It is unknown. Only one scanlation group called Midnight a girl.

The mystery continues...
Aug 27, 2009 4:25 AM

May 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Creepazoid said:
fisher_88 said:
Blitzaga said:

Drunk_Samurai said:

I forgot to respond to this before. Honestly go read Naruto. Naruto is so full of cliches that Kishimoto should change his name to Clichemoto.
I know. The difference is Kishimoto makes a lot more money for it :|

Aug 27, 2009 2:00 PM

Aug 2007
Creepazoid said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Creepazoid said:
fisher_88 said:
Blitzaga said:

Drunk_Samurai said:

I know. The difference is Kishimoto makes a lot more money for it :|

How does that make any difference at all?
Aug 27, 2009 2:16 PM

Jul 2008
poison dragon user nice this is bout to get good and i wonder if hoteye can beat midnight damn cant wait till this get animated^^

5/5
Aug 27, 2009 2:21 PM

May 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
The difference is he makes more money.....

Aug 27, 2009 4:25 PM

Aug 2007
Creepazoid said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
The difference is he makes more money.....

So what? It's stupid to call Mashima out on cliches when other mangaka are much much worst.
Aug 28, 2009 3:17 AM

Mar 2009
lol srsly who in fairy tail is no dragon slayer
wont be surprised if it comes out everyone has some dragon slayer magic...
Aug 28, 2009 2:50 PM
Mar 2008
Blacker- said:
I want to see how tough is this Midnight dude

...it's a dude!!??
Aug 29, 2009 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
mephi said:
so apparently dragon slayers are more common than any other type of mage?

Not really but apparently they tend to clash quite a lot with each other for some reason, might be some other hint.

Obviously Dragons, their disappearance, Dragon-Slaying Magic and etc are part of the bigger mistery that has been going on since the start of manga.

Considering its quite clear that Dragons watned the Dragon-Slayers to meet, I would not be surprised if Dragon-Slaying magic draws dragon-slayers to each other in some way.

vindemon64 said:
Lol...seems like everyone is echoing my sentiments as well. I thought dragon slayers were rather rare. Seems like we've stumbled upon a bunch all of a sudden. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. *Shrugs*

I'm more interested in seeing where Mashima heads with the story. At the moment, it seems like he really doesn't have a plan and is just buying time. My gut feeling is that this Nirvana thing is just a small piece to something that's going to be building up....although its going at a snail's pace. We'll see though.

Everything so far had something to do with Zeref and Urtear.

Now we do not know on just when he was imprisoned, but I would not be surprised if he was free during that time(the "many wars going on" part in this chapter).

Now there's a missing link between Dragons teaching humans Dragon-Slaying Magic and going into hiding(i presume) and the whole Zeref deal, I am sure.
AhenshihaelAug 29, 2009 10:45 AM
Aug 29, 2009 9:18 PM

Oct 2007
The more I read this arc the more this whole series is pissing me off. There are so many loop holes not to mention "lucky coincidences" that it makes it seem a monkey plotted out this arc.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 26, 2009 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
To say "there are too many Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail" is like saying "there are too many saiyans in DBZ" or "there are too many Homunculii in FMA" or "there are too many Akatsuki in Naruto," or "there are too many captains in Bleach" etc etc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.