Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 23, 2009 10:24 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bouncy! Bouncy! and a little plot to go with it . . . .

loplopAug 24, 2009 6:07 AM
Aug 24, 2009 2:44 AM

Sep 2007
Sylvia made my day. *____*
Aug 24, 2009 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
Due to the very frequent appearance of female characters' oversized chests in this episode, I wasnt able to concentrate on the sub while looking at those ... -_-

That being said, the episode was actually pretty fun and enjoyable. lol@ them getting rid of charlotte's fiance before he could have any notable screen. Now Charlotte the c*w is free to have again, go Tepei
Aug 24, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2009
so in the last scene they dance or what?
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 26, 2009 12:37 AM
Jul 2009
It's been 3 days, subs fucking where
Aug 26, 2009 1:08 AM

Aug 2009
israfel070 said:
It's been 3 days, subs fucking where
Aug 26, 2009 7:14 AM

Aug 2008
Subs are out. Gleam released em. Go Gleam. www.animetake.com
Aug 26, 2009 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
Wow. I wonder if the story can get any worse.

The first part of the episode was actually pretty funny with a lot of weird ideas. I give them that. Maybe it was even the funniest episode up to this point. But the story was really really bad.

Another thing that bugged me was the use of a rapier to miraculously knock out armored soldiers. Helloooo? But the worst was the scene where Sylvie jumped off the heli and threw away her bike suite. You could clearly see she was naked below this. In the next second she was wearing her dress. This was executed way too bad to be an intentional joke.

I might be really picky with this but that totally spoiled the episode for me, even when I enjoyed the first half with all those funny moments in the beginning. I really can't stand it when they try to dumbfold the viewer.

For me this is the biggest disappointment of this season after those promising first two episodes.

At this point I don't really care for any of those characters any more. Well, actually still a bit for Sylvie and maybe Yuu. But Charlotte is such a boring character.
ForeverAug 26, 2009 11:13 AM
Aug 26, 2009 10:15 AM

Sep 2007
For Sylvia...
It's a TGCM (in french term.), we can't explain...
You can just sit and watch...
And naked Sylvia is better than naked Charlotte for my eyes. :)
Liked the episode, the fiance don't take long... XD
It's now a "generic" harem anime...
It's a little sad... But i like to watch.
Aug 26, 2009 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
Kind of wished Teppei used a sharpened Katana instead of a bokken (wooden sword), or at the very least an unsharpened katana; that way he can at least stab with the pointed end. The bike with legs was just silly, but to use them as kicking missiles? there's something you don't see often. And other people were right; they do look like power rangers (sentai rangers in Japan) when Teppei and Sylvia rode on the bike. How did Sylvia fit under her normal clothes or change in mid air from her...what was it, a bodysuit? anyways, she was definitely naked in the air for a second....although only top of her shoulders revealed.
Aug 26, 2009 11:22 AM
Aug 2009
Well, killing Haltman definitely cleared a problem with he beyong the fiance and all, now they can date and stuff. Im sorry for him tough. Very nice episode!

Well, Forever, if u really intend to "not like" the anime anymore, just because of 1 scene, i kinda feel sorry for you, there are loooooots of dumb moments in most anime's, even Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, each of them has pro's and con's, u can't let 1 "joke" spoil everything. I mean, yea, it was kinda "unreal" but the fact that they jumped from 10m didn't surprise you at all?
As u said, u are kinda picky..
WinDyXAug 26, 2009 11:25 AM
Aug 26, 2009 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
Have problems with your PC? Get yourself a maid! XD

And no one said Haltman is dead, btw. Not to mention that's a huge spoiler, guys. ;)
Aug 26, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS FREAKING RETARDED

Okay, seriously, this is so dumb. Do these people even think before they make these shows? You have four girls from which Teppei can choose. Sylvie came to him in his time of need, was totally badass and never complained. Yuu was concerned for him and did everything he asked - a total computer whiz to boot. And Seika used every resource at her disposal to make sure the terrorists didn't get their way.

And yet, Teppei is falling for the dumb pink-haired chick who can only wait to get rescued. This is just so freakin stupid. If Teppei chooses Charlotte, this anime is a mega failure and I'm not giving it a better score than a 5. Changes better be made quick, because this is quickly becoming a cliched pile of garbage.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Aug 26, 2009 1:04 PM

Sep 2007
I don't want to Teppei finish with Charlotte...
It's the only thing i can't support. ^^'
Aug 26, 2009 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
mcjazzman32 said:

Okay, seriously, this is so dumb. Do these people even think before they make these shows? You have four girls from which Teppei can choose. Sylvie came to him in his time of need, was totally badass and never complained. Yuu was concerned for him and did everything he asked - a total computer whiz to boot. And Seika used every resource at her disposal to make sure the terrorists didn't get their way.

And yet, Teppei is falling for the dumb pink-haired chick who can only wait to get rescued. This is just so freakin stupid. If Teppei chooses Charlotte, this anime is a mega failure and I'm not giving it a better score than a 5. Changes better be made quick, because this is quickly becoming a cliched pile of garbage.

lol agreed
Aug 26, 2009 1:27 PM
Jul 2009
mcjazzman32 said:

The over-the-top comedy was annoying this time around. Also, the story doesn't make too much sense now. Not to mention I can't really remember what happened last episode because of the long stretch since the last sub. It' has been annoying looking for a sub the last couple days. They could have just disarmed the bombs and called it a day. I have a feeling that they're going to use an episode just to talk/think over what transpired.
Aug 26, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Well it's the knight rescuing the princess... soo... umm yeah, he of course goes for the dumb pink head. Harems always start off with one girl and will most of the time end with that girl. Also, behind all the giant bouncing breasts, there were some "deeper" meaning to the episode - the rich vs the poor. I felt like I can sort of relate to that, so it wasn't a total fail episode.

But overall, I felt that the episode was wrapped up too quickly. The way they setted up the last episode, gave this episode a lot of potential but they obviously let us down. The reason for WHY those guys decided to hold a giant hotel hostage was to EMBARASS them... was so stupid.. I would've been happier if it was some cliche.. revenge type of thing.

However, it was nice that they added in some secret characteristics to Yuu. I was wondering throughout the episode... how much would a maid like that get paid? Lol. The Haltman dying in less than 2 episodes since he was introduced was kind of lame. Why would they introduce him in the first place? He didn't contribute to anything. "Oh, I am her fiancee. Oh, now I am dead a few hours later.. YAY ME"
KurogashiAug 26, 2009 1:34 PM
Aug 26, 2009 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
I don't really care about whom Teppei will choose to marry or together, from the very beginning this story doesn't have any main plot, it's only a harem ecchi anime, so don't except much of romance or drama somewhat.

Haltmann dead? i'm not sure, but wew look at that how to kill the rival before he ever done anything to Teppei x Charlotte affection.

Dissapointment? well of course a lot, but just watching the anime is enjoyable, i already give up on the story or the girl whom Teppei will choose, right now i'm only concerning about the boobs and the joke, that's all.

Go Battle Programmer Yuu-chan ^^
Aug 26, 2009 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't take it seriously at the beginning, hell i even poked fun at the pink hair prancing and a dancing/give you a blowjob anytime ditzy first episode(mainly cuz i knew what was up in this regards). Yet still the scenarios/situations and handicaps placed on the characters has come into the horrid category. I can't ignore that part of it cuz it just jumps off the screen now.

Now with this latest stuff all i can do is laugh and kinda cringe at the same time(is this possible?lol). Anime was pretty good and peaked for me in about episode 4, in which i believe that was Seika's episode(i forgot.lol).

Then the handicaps began to get magnified so quickly that it has become too difficult to even enjoy the obviously suppose to be funny moments much anymore added by the recent events.

Right now the thing i will remember about this anime is "my hatred for the pink hair species in this type of anime", "Poor Sylvia, what shitty cards they dealt you", "Yuu, why did you have to be the maid and why isn't Teppei looking your way over this pink hair ditzy" and the horrid scenarios laid out later on......i just butchered the english language but.......:)
DreddAug 26, 2009 4:00 PM
Aug 26, 2009 3:57 PM

May 2008
Meh.. Charlotte alone with some random criminal who has been living in 'hell'.
How could not something ecchi happen :o?

I'm as dissappointed as some of you are I guess.. I had high hopes for this show as well..

Laevantein said:
Dissapointment? well of course a lot, but just watching the anime is enjoyable, i already give up on the story or the girl whom Teppei will choose, right now i'm only concerning about the boobs and the joke, that's all.

Well so far the anime is too hollow to be kept enjoyable.
Only over the top humor (like in Ouran highschool) could save this show.. or heart-breaking drama.. for example..

Bleh.. it seems like the creators decided to stay superficial en naive..

It would be quite a 'great' possibility though .. if Charlotte would died or somethin.
That would leave Arima with a 'broken' heart.. with the rest of the harem girls around him.. but unable to choose on of them becuz of the tragedy..

Or if unimaginable ecchi stuff happened to Charlotte when she was tied up.
Which would have been logical.. when facing 'criminals from hell' with the goal to embarres aristocracy.. Unless they were gay or highly trained professionals.
KozoooAug 27, 2009 6:09 AM
Aug 26, 2009 4:29 PM

Apr 2009
Lol at Yuu. ^_^;
Aug 26, 2009 4:49 PM

Aug 2007
Ya'll need to relax on this show. I thought this episode was great. It was silly and stupid, but it was supposed to be. This isn't supposed to be deep or ultra dramatic. It's meant to be fun. And I'm enjoying it every episode.
Aug 26, 2009 5:18 PM

Jul 2009
r0derix said:
Ya'll need to relax on this show. I thought this episode was great. It was silly and stupid, but it was supposed to be. This isn't supposed to be deep or ultra dramatic. It's meant to be fun. And I'm enjoying it every episode.
QFT

It is doing exactly what it is meant to do (unlike last episode...)
Aug 26, 2009 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
It was Charlotte who was tied up, not Sylvie. I guess this leaves Charlotte single since what had happened.

My guess is he'll end up with Charlotte because there is so much more development with her.

- The very first episode he meets her + saves her
- The date
- The second, even though fail, date + saving her again

I hope it's Charlotte he picks. Harems frustrate me so much.

Love the show. It is fun.
o genki desu ka
Aug 26, 2009 5:41 PM
Aug 2008
gave it a 3/5 bc it was the worst episode up until now... IMO

and iwas totally right when i said someone dies in the next episode xD
i'm surprised
Aug 26, 2009 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
I was surprised too. I didn't think someone would die in this anime besides the not shown parent's death.
o genki desu ka
Aug 26, 2009 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was fun to watch, there really wasn't anything in it but humor. The supposed plot was so shallow it didn't add to anything, this was pretty much a standalone.
When the legs fired off.. who couldn't see something like that happening?

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Aug 26, 2009 6:22 PM

Feb 2008
haha the suit up was too funny. the air leg kick was funny too.
Aug 26, 2009 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
The bike with legs is seriously retarded ...
Never did i thought he would actually ride on that -.-lll
The bike legs are the missiles == lol?

Aug 26, 2009 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
Out of the 8 episodes this was the worst.
Aug 26, 2009 6:51 PM

Feb 2008
animefreak47 said:
mcjazzman32 said:

lol agreed

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also I think the size of everyone's chest is making this anime just another harem. It's boring, and been done many, many times before. Charlotte and Sylvies breasts are so large it's disgusting. Saggy and floppy; the moment they're over 30yo those things are going to hit the ground so hard they'll cause physical damage.

If Teppei chooses Charlotte this anime will get a 2/10.
Aug 26, 2009 8:08 PM

Jul 2009
MEHHHHHHH !!!! So bloody boring, well, not the first half since it got some chuckles outta me, especially this:

But second half is just...well, crap. What a random way to kill Teppei's rival, he posed a threat in one ep & the next he's outta the way of Teppei X Charlotte just for the LULZ, unless he was the mastermind behind this Engrish "Truth" organization... And what's up with big boobs glasses girls all playing the antagonist bitch role these days? Like it's not enough, FF 13 will have another one coming soon, what a boring generation I live in *yawn* Oh, not yet, I guess it's just me but WTF Sylvia got her clothes from after taking off her biker one? 0-o And SERIOUSLY, what's the point of giving this dude 4 girls when all I see throughout those 8 eps is all about him X Pink Ranger ? What a waste of hotties, GDODAMMIT!!!

Hinata020 said:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also I think the size of everyone's chest is making this anime just another harem. It's boring, and been done many, many times before. Charlotte and Sylvies breasts are so large it's disgusting. Saggy and floppy; the moment they're over 30yo those things are going to hit the ground so hard they'll cause physical damage.

If Teppei chooses Charlotte this anime will get a 2/10.

B-but...OK, you win. First time I gotta agree with you, *cough*except about Sylvia*cough*. However, I think you're too soft, I would give it 1/10 if that were to happen which I'm >9000% confident that it will

Kozooo said:
Meh.. Sylvie alone with some random criminal who has been living in 'hell'.
How could not something ecchi happen :o?

My thoughts exactly, LOL Or maybe the guy is... you know ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 26, 2009 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
orangehouse said:
The bike with legs is seriously retarded ...
Never did i thought he would actually ride on that -.-lll
The bike legs are the missiles == lol?
I like it when they are kicking in the air.. never thought that gonna happen, and the Terrorist is to pure, they are good guy, didn't do anything to Charlotte at all..
Aug 26, 2009 8:44 PM

Nov 2006
Wow I was not expecting people to hate on this. I thought it was fantastic. It's something called "Princess Lover" after all. I thought the Gintama-esque humor was an awesome bonus.
Aug 26, 2009 8:58 PM

Jul 2009
windy said:
Wow I was not expecting people to hate on this. I thought it was fantastic. It's something called "Princess Lover" after all. I thought the Gintama-esque humor was an awesome bonus.

You just made an attempt to mock Gintama, aren't you? It was funny alright, but do you seriously think it could match Gintama's awesomeness where a commercial can take up the whole 20 mins & still be epic at the same time?

Aug 26, 2009 9:23 PM

Aug 2007
Bad shit is bad, even more so when it's intentional and executed quite poorly. What's worse is that it even went below my subpar expectations that I had held before watching the episode.

Pretty much I agree with all that mcjazzman32 and Forever said (especially the part where Sylvie jumps out of the chopper, I mean come on, there's a limit to shit like that).

Also, oh no! They killed off Hartman who they had just introduced in the previous episode and gave him all of 30 seconds of screen time! Whatever will we do now that he's dead? /sarcasm

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Aug 26, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
Look I have no problems with Teppei ending up with the hot, pink-haired girl, but in this case, she pales in comparison and that's my problem. Sylvie, Yuu and Seika are WAY better choices, so Teppei still choosing Charlotte makes no sense. It's just straight stupid - poor character development and all it does is get watchers to hate the show because they know Teppei's a moron.

One of the few shows that ever got it right was Shuffle! Anyone ever see that? It was ok, but it's saving grace was that the main character chose right. I'd recommend it to anyone after this crap.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Aug 26, 2009 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
lolz entertaining as always
O.o random dance in preview?
the legs bein missiles were .. =D ya know what i mean

windy said:
Wow I was not expecting people to hate on this.

lolz same here
i mean come on it's an ecchi harem what else can u expect?
shouldnt be complaining but rather expect that something dumb like this would happen
not much you can really expect plotwise
not satisfied? then go write your own ecchi harem

as long as i get my laughs im good
Aug 27, 2009 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was funny sometimes...but I thought it was a little overdone at times. The story is horrible imo...at least for this episode. I think for this episode one of two things needed to go...either comedy or Drama. Since there is already a lot of comedy they might as well take out the very short bits of drama....just doesn't fit well with the comedy to me.
Aug 27, 2009 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
Now that's one messed up bike xD I was wondering at the time why he didn't ask them to remove the legs but lol @ innovative technology, Charlotte x Teppei moment was nice, poor Sylvie though =/
Aug 27, 2009 5:55 AM

Jul 2008
Sadly even two or three little laughs per episode isn't enough to save this show.

I didn't care much about the plot after a while anymore, but this show even fails in the ecchi department. All it got is shaking oversized boobs while everything else (except for the naked guys) gets really bad censorship (Onsen-episode anyone?).
Charlotte may not be as bad as Moka or Lala, but she's pretty much almost there, just with really bad fanservice. From this day on I'll have three pink haired girls to detest.

Sylvie and Yuu... goddamn, even that bitch Seika, are way more interesting characters. But all of them have been cast aside. Look at them, they are nothing more than side characters already. Neither Sylvie nor Yuu had actually an episode dedicated to them.

I'm only watching this to the end because I'm already so far into this shit that I might as well go all the way. :/
Aug 27, 2009 6:31 AM

May 2008
Silberkralle said:
I'm only watching this to the end because I'm already so far into this shit that I might as well go all the way. :/

Ditto :/
Aug 27, 2009 12:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL maid hackers...

LOL leg missiles...

LOL Sylive instant henshin/transform!

other than that, why do you all take seriously who Teppei is going to end up with? Do you seriously think that there will be a conclusion to this harem?

For a harem series, this is turning out pretty good...

BitchMaster said:
windy said:

You just made an attempt to mock Gintama, aren't you? It was funny alright, but do you seriously think it could match Gintama's awesomeness where a commercial can take up the whole 20 mins & still be epic at the same time?

You are taking this series too seriously. You all are bashing this series as if it was the worse you have seen. You are overreacting....Well, I would say this series succeeded in where most harem series failed....
wakka9caAug 27, 2009 12:48 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 27, 2009 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:

BitchMaster said:
windy said:

You are taking this series too seriously. You all are bashing this series as if it was the worse you have seen. You are overreacting....Well, I would say this series succeeded in where most harem series failed....

Wait, why direct your anger at me? I didnt bash on it, well maybe a little, but not as hard as the seniors who posted before me did. I agreed this show had good comedy, but my point still stand that it was nothing compared to Gintama, where the comedy still goes strong after > 150 eps. Now tell me, where the heck can you find a PURE COMEDY show that can go beyond 100 eps, rivaling with the big names like One Piece?

other than that, why do you all take seriously who Teppei is going to end up with? Do you seriously think that there will be a conclusion to this harem?

Yes, I honestly think so. Wanna make a bet he's gonna hump Pink Ranger at the end then got interrupted by the others ?

Well, I would say this series succeeded in where most harem series failed

Proofs? Please dont tell me you seriously thought that you could possibly make your point across without any credible PROOFS? 0-o

Aug 27, 2009 1:45 PM

Dec 2008
weird ep. I didn't like that "truth" group or whatever. Sort of weird i dunno. But an alright episode all together.
Aug 27, 2009 2:19 PM

Nov 2006
BitchMaster said:
windy said:

Look at my favorites. It was a compliment. I was comparing the irreverent but humorous shit like the legged bike and the random ecchi bad guys to the irreverent shit Gintama is known for; not equivocating them.

wakka9ca said:
Well, I would say this series succeeded in where most harem series failed....
I agree. From the few harems I've seen, this one has actually tried to break the generic mold.
Aug 27, 2009 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
I agree. From the few harems I've seen, this one has actually tried to break the generic mold.

---------

The other harem series i know i loved so far is Shuffle! but Shuffle! is really... special in my heart... Never loved another ecchi harem anime from last...
Aug 27, 2009 2:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
windy said:

with the exception of the onsen episode, Princess Lover did better than most generic harem series, as it actually has a semi-serious plot (not matter how ridiculous it looks)
wakka9caAug 27, 2009 3:28 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 27, 2009 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
windy said:
BitchMaster said:
windy said:

Look at my favorites. It was a compliment. I was comparing the irreverent but humorous shit like the legged bike and the random ecchi bad guys to the irreverent shit Gintama is known for; not equivocating them.

I know it was a compliment from your part LOL This is just a joke from my part and it's fine if you dont get it, my humor buds tend to be weird and kinda irreverent anyway ;)

wakka9ca said:
with the exception of the onsen episode, Princess Lover did better than most generic harem series, as it actually has a semi-serious plot (not matter how ridiculous it looks)

Depend on what plot you're talking about. If you're talking about the Harem plot, which usually serve as a sub-plot, then this one is no different if not completely generic with the "First girl comes, first girl win" rule, not even including the "main girl generic archetype" rule. And if you talk about the other plot, let's call it action plot then it's still not something new either, since Sekirei ( Urgh, I hate mentioning this name) also has a semi-serious plot going for it. So any other innovative points about this show? I'm very interested to hear... o_o
BitchMasterAug 27, 2009 3:10 PM

Aug 27, 2009 2:49 PM

Sep 2007
wakka9ca said:

The quote is not from me... :-p
And for the onsen episode...
If we look...
It's not "full ecchi" but more funny than ecchi... :D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loplop - Sep 20, 2009

189 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 9, 2009

117 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 30, 2009

106 by L-Mo-Reppin »»
Sep 1, 2020 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.