Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2009 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome!!! Alicia Valkyria was fantastic!!! I almost feel bad for Falido finding out this way that Alica's true feelings lie with Welkin, but he freekin shot her! In the back too! Jerk wad! Only 5 more to go. Eeee this is so excitting!!!!
Aug 23, 2009 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
I got excited for the first time in a while watching Anime...
when squad 7 was trying to give damege to Selvelia by all means

though I laughed at some scene, say, hog general begging princess to fight against Selvelia, as Valkyria

last week, despite of that he was quite disbelieving in princess's superstitious Valkyria power
Aug 23, 2009 8:51 AM
Aug 2009
Selveria couldn't even make Alicia flinch ._. How broken would the wars be once Alicia learns to control those powers >.>
Aug 25, 2009 10:56 AM

Mar 2009
That fighting scene (Alicia vs. Selveria) was almost directly from the game. Of course animating was different but all the movements were same =D Awesome episode nevertheless!!
Aug 25, 2009 11:52 AM

Jun 2008
Exciting episode. This was the first time that this anime actually made me excited.
Aug 25, 2009 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode ! Valkyria Alicia owned Selvaria like piece of cake. The battle was nicely done, clearly better than the fight in the game i think. (That was a bit too fast^^)
Aug 25, 2009 12:27 PM

May 2009
Alicia went all overpowered thar! Cool.
Aug 25, 2009 12:33 PM

Jun 2009
A little predictable but awesome episode. I wonder what will happen to Alicia in the end.
Aug 25, 2009 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
Epic...
For people who played the game, did you play as Alicia like this or was it just a cutscene?
firefistace01Aug 25, 2009 12:42 PM
Aug 25, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
It looks like Selveria had flashes about little Alicia - I think that's a hint they are sisters and both will survive :)
Aug 25, 2009 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
my mouth was open almost allthe episode..
but it was funny to see damon beg to the princess XD
...the only thing they should had removed were those bandages...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 25, 2009 12:57 PM

Nov 2008
This was the most random episode EVER. The fight scene between Selvie and Alicia was badass, though.
Faldio was annoying going "Alicia! Alicia!" all episode. And lol, he lost to Welkin. Him kidnapping the princess, really that whole scene, was Random Point #1
Random Point #2 was Alicia appearing out of nowhere in the battle field. How did she sneak past everyone else at the camp?
Random Point #3 was Max and Largo taking no damage when they were attacked. Invincibility cheats?
Random Point #4 was that shot of chibi Alicia. Does Selvie suddenly know Alicia from somewhere?

This is why I rated it a 3...that and the art is still wonky in far shots.
Aug 25, 2009 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Alicia looks pretty badass with the spear shield combo.

Aug 25, 2009 1:36 PM

Mar 2009
firefistace01 said:
Epic...
For people who played the game, did you play as Alicia like this or was it just a cutscene?

It was awesome cutscene. In my opinion even better than this anime clip. =P (Selveria is 100x cooler in game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejr6DGM3tks

KillerMan91Aug 25, 2009 1:49 PM
Aug 25, 2009 2:05 PM

Oct 2008
wow! epic episode :D :D

Aug 25, 2009 2:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
hell, it's about time.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 25, 2009 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome indeed!! Can't wait for next episode!
Aug 25, 2009 2:55 PM

Feb 2009
White hair suits Alicia!
Aug 25, 2009 6:13 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, Alicia has amazing power. :D
So exciting >_<
Aug 25, 2009 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
so that's why that faldio shot her.. he still lost to welkin, though..

anyway.. awesome episode.. alicia is now the anime babe of the day..
Aug 25, 2009 7:02 PM

Feb 2009
Valkyria Alicia was awesome, the animation and everything seemed to fit well. Great epd.
Aug 25, 2009 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
Wow she's strong XD
lolz when the General asked the princess to fight, some ppl are quite desperate
oo looks like Welkin is gonna whoop Faldio's ass next episode for shootin her
Aug 25, 2009 7:14 PM

Dec 2008
KillerMan91 said:
That fighting scene (Alicia vs. Selveria) was almost directly from the game. Of course animating was different but all the movements were same =D Awesome episode nevertheless!!
Yeah I was surprised....I thought they would change it up more than that. But like you said, Awesome episode. (I do prefer the game cutscene of that alicia vs. Selvaria confrontation though...it was just epic.)
Aug 25, 2009 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
well what happened was exactly what was suppose to happen. there is no other way it would have developed. unless there is actually one one out there who would write a story where the protagonists die in a miserable way. it would be interesting though. it would go against the normal progression of things. this isn't that kind of story though.
Aug 25, 2009 8:16 PM

Mar 2008
the video game looks just as epic. also i can't help but say it.

"what does the scouter say about her power level?"

"IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Aug 25, 2009 8:33 PM
Dec 2008
lol at the end, gallia army had the better "nuke" than 'em imperial wussies.
Aug 25, 2009 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
Przemos19 said:
It looks like Selveria had flashes about little Alicia - I think that's a hint they are sisters and both will survive :)

That's what i thought also. Maybe Alicia is her little sister.

Epic episode. I really enjoyed it. Amazing shit. I wonder though why was Selveria so easily owned by Alicia. Are Valkyrias stronger when they are in a semi-conscious state? Or was it because she was like that while she was driven by the strong desire to protect Welkin?
I even thought that she might be some special Valkyria but that will be too much although not impossible. In the end it might be just the flashbacks that affected Selveria.

It looks like i was correct in my beliefs on why Faldio shot Alicia but i still don't think she will forgive him that easy and especially Welkin looked pretty pissed at him on the preview.

By the way that princess does she really have any Valkyria blood? Maybe she has but her ancestors mixed with normal humans too much and she lost her family powers. Am kind of wondering about her.

kariohki said:
This was the most random episode EVER. The fight scene between Selvie and Alicia was badass, though.
Faldio was annoying going "Alicia! Alicia!" all episode. And lol, he lost to Welkin. Him kidnapping the princess, really that whole scene, was Random Point #1
Random Point #2 was Alicia appearing out of nowhere in the battle field. How did she sneak past everyone else at the camp?
Random Point #3 was Max and Largo taking no damage when they were attacked. Invincibility cheats?
Random Point #4 was that shot of chibi Alicia. Does Selvie suddenly know Alicia from somewhere?

This is why I rated it a 3...that and the art is still wonky in far shots.

There was nothing random in this episode.
1) He kidnapped the princess because they weren't hearing him and he saw her there so he took the chance. Nothing uncommon and something we see in movies and anime very often.
2)She didn't sneak past anyone. She just walked through. I think there was even a scene showing that. Simply nobody tried to stop her seeing her glowing and looking like that.
3)Largo obviously jumped to his right and avoided getting hit by that blue energy beam in the last second. It kind of shows when you see the scene again. Maximilian was saved by Selveria. She went through the tank while it was being destroyed and took him at a split of a second. Do they have to show you every little thing like you are a five year old for you to get it?
4) And what is random about that? She obviously knows her and is part of the plot.

Loved this episode and can't wait for the next one although it won't have any epic fights. We will probably see everyones reaction to the fact of Alicia being a Valkyria and Faldio getting scream at for shooting her.
MonadAug 25, 2009 9:04 PM
Aug 25, 2009 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
Remember kids, only in Valkyria and Gundam can an inexperienced noob kid beat a fully trained elite soldier in a battle involving the latter's specialty.

Anyway this was more fun in the game since you actually get to control noobHaXoR before she faints like a princess. Here it felt sad seeing Selvaria-sama getting pwned like that, especially since her idol, that mommy's boy, will just blame her and use her for something else later. Not gonna say more, or I'll have to use spoiler tags.

The episode itself was pretty good, like the last one. Glad to see Valkyria's finally interesting, but is it too late?

kariohki said:

When you try to shoot Squad 7, you get Storm Trooper syndrome. :D It even affects Valkyrias. The only one who didn't want to cheat was poor Isara because she didn't need any to be full of win.
AlexstratzAug 25, 2009 9:17 PM
Aug 25, 2009 9:15 PM

May 2009
I was getting goosebumps, so good.
Aug 25, 2009 9:20 PM

Jul 2007

When you try to shoot Squad 7, you get Storm Trooper syndrome. :D It even affects Valkyrias. The only one who didn't want to cheat was poor Isara because she didn't need any to be full of win.

Are you serious about the storm trooper syndrome ? lol
Aug 25, 2009 9:20 PM

Feb 2008
well selveria was tired. she had used too much power. also i think another valkyria was a bit of a surprise even to her. you could also say that the fact that alicia has never used her valkyrian powers before, her awakening probably was a lot stronger than someone who has used theirs on long term basis. probably a stretch though. also she was driven to protect welkin so that probably was a deciding factor.
Aug 25, 2009 9:36 PM

Feb 2009
neverless said:
Are you serious about the storm trooper syndrome ? lol

No I wasn't but now I am cause I got proof. See this?

What are these guys trying to do? They're shooting. But that's not how you aim with an assault rifle, or any other kind of gun. They are still trained imperial soldiers though. Conclusion? Storm Trooper Syndrome when shooting Squad 7! :D
AlexstratzAug 26, 2009 7:42 AM
Aug 25, 2009 10:27 PM

Jul 2009
woooottttttt !_________________!

Poor Faldio,, but i said YESSSS!! when Alicia response to Squad 7 and Welkin, serves that Faldio.

Well too bad for Maximillian, i think i will sympathize with him for now.

Max and Faldio are two guys on the gloomy list of the weeks, next week more drama probably..
Aug 26, 2009 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
there we go !!

Alicia is back lolz , well i don't know any more thing to say here just awesome ep. and serve you right Faldio =))
Aug 26, 2009 2:43 AM

Jun 2008
They really knew how to drag on Alicia's awakening.... absolutely boring until the last couple of minutes. Worst episode yet.
Aug 26, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2009
The last episodes are way much better than the middle ones...
So I'm happy lol.

Still, Faldio no baka. Welkin too for not punching him... I hope he punches him on the next episode lol.

Also, lol @ Storm Trooper Syndrome xD

lol @ incincibility cheats as well xDDD
UnknownFactAug 26, 2009 4:48 AM
Aug 26, 2009 5:32 AM

May 2008
So Faldio really shoot her to awaken her powers...hmm...
Interesting episode, I got pretty exited. They made it really good switching between the battlefield's and Alicia's scenes.
Aug 26, 2009 6:14 AM

Nov 2008
Monad said:

1) He kidnapped the princess because they weren't hearing him and he saw her there so he took the chance. Nothing uncommon and something we see in movies and anime very often.
2)She didn't sneak past anyone. She just walked through. I think there was even a scene showing that. Simply nobody tried to stop her seeing her glowing and looking like that.
3)Largo obviously jumped to his right and avoided getting hit by that blue energy beam in the last second. It kind of shows when you see the scene again. Maximilian was saved by Selveria. She went through the tank while it was being destroyed and took him at a split of a second. Do they have to show you every little thing like you are a five year old for you to get it?
4) And what is random about that? She obviously knows her and is part of the plot.

1-3 aren't as random when you pick through it, or watch the ep again. 4 is just...a new plot point out of nowhere, and they've got 5 eps to make it work :\
Aug 26, 2009 7:07 AM

Aug 2008
it seem alicia is way more powerful than selveria!! :O
that's great!
Aug 26, 2009 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
Faldio: Oh hey, look what I did : O
Hmm say.. did Selvaria's boobs get even bigger again ? =.=' Or is it just that I haven't really been paying attention to that part?
Lol btw, the first sound that the General made.. Doesn't he sound somewhat like a pig?xD

Still, I have branded Faldio as the biggest tard in history, and even though we now got to see that it was indeed to awake Alicia's powers, I won't go back on my opinion about him.

But hey this isn't even fun, Alicia got boringly strong now >.>

So next episode, Welkin goes *RAAAAAAAGE* on Faldio because he shot her? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 26, 2009 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
kleeny said:
it seem alicia is way more powerful than selveria!! :O
that's great!

It's because her boobs are too big and she can't move as fast. Also they disturb the balance of her body and she can't put her full power behind her hits. Alicia wins because of the power of her C cup.

kariohki said:
Monad said:

1-3 aren't as random when you pick through it, or watch the ep again. 4 is just...a new plot point out of nowhere, and they've got 5 eps to make it work :

Late development? Yes. But illogical? No. They are the last survivors of a dying race, it's quite possible they have some connection. Anyway they waited until the last episodes to show Valkyria powers also and that was the name of the goddamn show. So why should i find this disturbing.
Aug 26, 2009 12:17 PM
Dec 2007
One of the lamest scripts I have seen in an anime in the last few years. Tied with Soul Shitter though. Officially dropping it right now. The series looked promising, and it was even quite interesting in its first half (even by no mean a good series). Everything in this episode, was plain ridiculous (just like the 20th).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
Next episode will be full of win.
Aug 26, 2009 5:18 PM
Feb 2009
lookin forward to next ep @@
Aug 26, 2009 6:45 PM
Apr 2009
Is it just me or is alicia staying in a Geass hospital? XD

Aug 26, 2009 7:40 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode... great to see Alicia go all kung-foo on their asses again! Definently started playing the game again because of the series. :P
Aug 26, 2009 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
RubyRedRabbit said:

True that, I kinda thought I recognized it, or well, it looked familiar, to say the least : p
Sure, that's a funny thought, I'll keep it : D "Hey Alicia was staying in a Geass hospital, that must've been why she became so overpowered" xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 27, 2009 3:14 AM
Mar 2008
Nicely done. Its even better than the game in many ways. The flashback is anime original though and based on that, we can probably assume that they are trying to pass of Selvaria and Alicia as sisters. Check out this video if you want to see spoilers about the game ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uq3dqOGZes&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGdx4am-at0&feature=related
Aug 27, 2009 3:37 AM

Nov 2007
Alicia new found powers are very useful indeed. Although her with white hair is ... a bit different.
Aug 27, 2009 7:40 AM

Jul 2009
RubyRedRabbit said:

Lol the symbol is somewhat like Geass
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.