Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 6:18 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was hoping that she would be discovered by Lyrical Productions as a child tbh. but this is an alright ending too.

btw, why didn't they simply hire someone to track her cell? or investigate her bank account? with as much money and influence as they had invested in her you'd think they'd at least do that much instead of twiddling their thumbs and hoping for her to contact them.
jacobpaigeAug 20, 2009 12:16 PM
Sep 29, 2009 2:43 PM
Dec 2008
I loved this anime, shame it had to end. the last episode was great.
Oct 26, 2009 7:44 AM
Jul 2009
I really love this anime since i was a kid...

i like the ending but it still feels like incomplete...
i hope they could show when she grow up and become a big star singer like LaLa....
awww.....
May 29, 2010 3:40 AM

Nov 2008
It ended pretty much how I expected it to end, but it was handled a lot better than I thought it would be.

Fancy Lala is a mahou shoujo anime that can stand as Princess Tutu's equal as one of the best anime of it's kind ever made, even if it has very few actual similarities to Tutu.

10/10. It deserves it for being one of the most heart-warming anime I have ever seen.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Aug 12, 2011 2:48 AM

Sep 2008
Great anime, although I have to agree with kathleen0821 that I really do like the ending, but it feels incomplete, or like there's some unfinished business yet... In a way, I guess there is. Having Komi tell Miho that she could become the real Lala, though, gave some sort of closure. It at least seemed to indicate that would eventually happen, so the ending wasn't too open-ended.

jacobpaige said:
I was hoping that she would be discovered by Lyrical Productions as a child tbh. .

Me, too!

Nevertheless, the anime was super enjoyable. I kept looking for a plot, but I guess that it didn't really need a consistent storyline to be a heartwarming story, after all. :)
Apr 4, 2015 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, that ending was fantastic. I don't mind the fact that it feels a bit open-ended because the show utilizes these "incomplete" endings in other episodes too (particularly the episode about the cat). They probably just wanted to let the audience use their imagination to fill things in.

Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala is more of a coming-of-age tale with slice of life and comedy elements than a mahou shoujo series, and far more grounded in realism than I thought it'd be. It also addresses mature themes with a touch of subtlety rarely seen in children's shows.

Miho is a great character; her attitude and sense of curiosity make her so endearing. It was fun to watch her deal with adult problems as a nine-year-old girl. The ending of the show is the culmination of everything she's learned and shows how much she has grown throughout the series. She also has a distinct relationship with each member of her family as well as many of her friends and colleagues, and it was nice to observe their interactions with each other.

I liked how the show paid attention to the adults as well, giving some of them key roles in several episodes to improve their characterization.

All in all, a surprisingly great anime that will be going in my (extended) favorites.
Apr 29, 2016 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
I like how this show focussed in the characters and their relationships, and in Miho's growth as well. All done in a really subtle way, just like that ending. Really beautiful.
Aug 6, 2019 6:46 AM

Dec 2013
I actually think that this anime has a nice ending. It was nice to see Taro getting worried over Miho and also Miki and Hiroya's interaction. I can't believe Komi figured out Lala is actually Miho but I hope Miho will pursue her being an idol after a few years. Regardless, maybe she can meet Pigu and Mogu again in the future.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 9, 2020 4:32 PM
Aug 2018
Well, I didn't expect it to end like this. She lost her "life" as Lala because she lost the sketchbook. She will regret that for the rest of her life.

And the mystery man was just like "you had the magic, you lost it and that was it for you in this life".

Overall a nice watch, although I always hoped that they would tell us what the deal behind the magic and the dinosaurs was.
Sadly they never really explained that.

But I have to say, the look and art was gorgeous. They simply don't make anime like this anymore.
tr25a3Mar 10, 2020 3:06 AM
Apr 12, 2020 8:12 PM

Mar 2016
I wish this was longer. Can definitely see the similarities to the other Pierrot magical girl shows I've seen. Though this time they took it more seriously. And they did a good job with it.

As I was going through the show I thought they were playing around with Miho being an 'unstable' existence on the quantum level or some shit, but I think it was all just a nice way to show not only how quickly time can change a person (like 'take' something away), but also how much potential there is for change in the future. I saw her losing the sketchbook as her subconscious telling her that Lala is 'complete' for now. A kid who grew up too fast can now do things at her own pace. Wonder if the concert was cut, or they just chose not to focus on it.

Part of it seemed like it was helping kids cope with the fact that their overworked parents don't have time for them ('they really love their jobs!'), but it didn't feel genuine.
syncrogazerApr 12, 2020 8:17 PM
Nov 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Sep 2009
The most down-to-earth shoujo magical anime I've seen so far. I appreciated their take on under rated topics in anime (at least in my experience) such as divorce, relationships, working parents, departures, etc, etc. There were a few wtf episodes like the one about toys and the time traveling one but overall enjoyable. It gave me a western type of feeling maybe because of the soundtrack(?). I really liked Miho's personality, a very mature young lady given that she's only a third grader. I kinda liked how they showed the older versions of Taro and Miho reflected with the couple at the grandparents' hometown. I would've liked to have a bit more of an explanation for why the Mystery Man gave magic to children other than "caprice."

Also, was I the only one who thought that the Mystery Man was somewhat creepy? Why would he carry a bag full of notebooks and magical pens to give to children? lol
Dec 2, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2016
At first it seemed very childish and plotless to me, but I am glad I kept watching. I especially like the bond between Lala and Komi.
It was a lovely, heartwarming show ^^
Jul 7, 2023 12:12 AM

Mar 2007
When I started this series I was just expecting a standard magical girl anime but then, this surprised me with it's nuanced takes on many issues, plus that ending which honestly was pretty unexpected, but good.

A kid that age losing a precious gift ... that happens all the time. The fact that the gift is irreplaceable makes it even more realistic because sometimes kids just don't realize some things can't be replaced by buying something new.

Komi's comforting advice was sweet.

I mostly felt sorry for all the folks at Lyrical productions since she basically ghosted them, and if I were them I'd never work with someone so unreliable again. Even if she does grow up I hope if she restarts her career it will be with another name.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala Episode 6 Discussion

_kukiyomenai - Jul 17, 2019

2 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 20, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala Episode 5 Discussion

_kukiyomenai - Jul 16, 2019

2 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 17, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Fancy Lala Episode 16 Discussion

merle_noir - Aug 6, 2011

2 by mich1ru »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fancy Lala Episode 15 Discussion

merle_noir - Aug 5, 2011

5 by mich1ru »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:59 PM

Poll: » Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala Episode 25 Discussion

gauzewiga - Oct 6, 2013

3 by Stormy_77 »»
Jul 6, 2023 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.