Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 27, 2014 8:27 AM
Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
warcon said:
Jagd84 said:
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
Well.. Natsume got the death flag all over her as soon as we were presented her flash back and her being lovey dovey with bakatora..

Now that he's got Yakou's power, he should just go crazy and destroy the shamanic bureau and kill Takiko 3 times over.

Well, I declare to kill Takiko not just 3x but 50x

You know that was an accident right?

That doesn't make it right.

Besides who does she think she is just forcing people to (possibly) become someone they don't want to. It seems like Harutora was leading a pretty good life already and she should've taken precautions.
She killed her indirectly because she was being a moron.

Takiko was impulsive and emotional yes, but moron? No. She was angry when she hear what Yasuzumi had done to Natsume, but didn't know the curse was half undone. Fact of the matter is that she never meant any actual harm to come to Natsume and acted on good intentions which was relieve her of what Takiko considered an unjustified burden and set what was right in her POV.

You certainly don't have to agree with her, and I'm not arguing her actions weren't rash, but what happened was manslaughter at best.

I don't really put much weight into the word moron, moron is at worst in my eyes a very foolish person. Which isn't entierly off.
Feb 27, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2010
Hokuto!! I thought, the beginning was amazing. Damn, Takiko don't disturb the scene... Until the kiss scene came! The ending scene was also perfect.
Feb 27, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2012
pp813 said:
I'm really upset at what happened this episode, but at the same time I didn't cry at all, and I'm a SUPER emotional person. I just really can't see Natsume dying, she's the main heroine, this anime isn't a "dark" anime like Guilty Crown or anything...

I wish you wouldn't revert back what you said until the end -zip my mouth-
zilch16Feb 27, 2014 8:41 AM
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 27, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2012
Jagd84 said:
Actually vol 11 is going to deal with secret behind Natsume's birth as one of it's plot points. =D

And that's why I am eagerly waiting on it. Best thing that the writer decided to get back on track after their side stories.
Feb 27, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2012
ciefish said:
Oh my! Stuff just got real up in here! Really enjoyed this episode, nicely balanced. Question please, what is the opening song and the song with vocals and guitar starts at 8:30 time stamp?

Well, I can only answer the first: the song is Red Monochrome by Lisa Komine, well for the second...I think it is an OST (They already released it though, try looking it and you might find it. ^_^
Feb 27, 2014 9:07 AM
Feb 2009
i m impressed at how well this episode is executed...
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
I got spoiled by the comments in the forum but mostly my fault i read them. The ep impact severaly damage but it was still better execute, good ep. This would never happen if, dont tell you love him & bakatora not being baka or natsume listen to uncle ben advice with great power comes great responsibility, nope gotta make clone of myself to impress a guy.
Feb 27, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
nope, its ok, its not like i wanted to fall asleep normally for a week, i just needed to cry myself to it for a while.

(still not the most powerful death scene on an anime, but pretty damn close Q.Q)
Feb 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
Already guessed he's Yakou, although didn't see her death coming O_0 It was one of the better episodes imo, hope it only goes upwards or stays where it is quality wise and story wise now.
Feb 27, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
My goodness this episode was amazing. So Harutora was the real reincarnation of Yakou after all. The Raven's Wings made Harutora look pretty badass, I have to admit. However, Natsumeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh my gawd, she basically sacrificed herself to save Harutora. She even confessed to him, finally. UGHHHH WHY! Is she really dead?! God damn, this episode!

5/5
Feb 27, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2014
This episode is so beautiful, it left me speechless. The OST are perfect, and those flashbacks. Easily got into one of my favourite moments in anime. I predicted that they will get *cockblocked* before Natsume revealed she was Hokuto, but it turned out better than I expected.

The only thing I'm sad about is this series kill off the best girl TWICE (well, technically). Don't get me wrong, I'm sad the best girl died but this is the kind of story that I've been looking for.

But, thanks to the spoilers early in the thread now I know what happens next ;_;
Feb 27, 2014 4:51 PM
Mar 2010
I am pretty awe struck at the moment. That was such an incredibly episode, everything about it was just superb. I was really surprised about Natsume though. She has to come back somehow surely? That was an incredibly powerful scene but she was a great part of this story. Waiting a week is going to be painful.
Feb 27, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
And of course, she dies. :| Right before she confessed to him LOL
Feb 27, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2010
Actually, Natsume confessed before she died.
Feb 27, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
wow Natsume...

I actually saw it coming because they were showing all these natsume moments... anyways i can't wait for next episode

also, is no one gonna ask what happened to kon?

Feb 27, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
shippos said:
also, is no one gonna ask what happened to kon?

Since we didn't see her after Harutora going berserk, I'm guessing she got de-materialized while he was providing his infinite source of spiritual energy.
Feb 28, 2014 1:01 AM

Oct 2010
(-_- #)... gay, just gay. Once wasn't enough, so they killed her twice, thats assuming she doesn't come back, or isn't dead to begin with.
Feb 28, 2014 4:09 AM

Feb 2013
Really love this episode... perfect...
Feb 28, 2014 5:07 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode run really bad, the plot is already discounted a narrative hasty and poorly managed in time, also let's add even drawings and animations really bad.
A good potential that is dissipated to 70%, fortunately the remaining 30% keeps the boat afloat, thanks to the final poignant and very beautiful OST!
I can not wait to see the next episode.
Feb 28, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
xJapaliicious said:
The best girl, NOOOOOOOOOOO ;_________________;

And the only ;_;

Probably one of the few episodes where the OST actually fit surprisingly.
Feb 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
I still refuse to believe she died. OTL If I was her, I'd also want to hear what's his response to that. but damn, talk about sacrificing your life for your love one. </3 Just epic. Made me shred tears. TTuTTb
Feb 28, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
What a twist.
Feb 28, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2008
....seriously.

This is the third anime this week where they've killed off a main character. First Hamatora, then Phi Brain, and now this? Wow. The companies are really just flipping the tables on everything ever aren't they.

Feb 28, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
Since his seal is off, I hope Harutora goes apeshit on those devotees. It's gonna be gewd.

also excited about

Feb 28, 2014 1:24 PM
Jan 2014
cyborgneko999 said:
I got spoiled by the comments in the forum but mostly my fault i read them. The ep impact severaly damage but it was still better execute, good ep. This would never happen if, dont tell you love him & bakatora not being baka or natsume listen to uncle ben advice with great power comes great responsibility, nope gotta make clone of myself to impress a guy.

Well her intention wasn't to impress him but to be with him even when she was far away from him, she obviously cared for him a lot.
Feb 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
Quite frankly I'm not particularly hit hard by her death because
1. It's a shounen
2. They already introduced a resurrection spell (in one of the earlier episodes no less)

Hope they can deliver in these last few episodes. If she does get resurrected I really hope it isn't in like the final moment of the final episode though.
Feb 28, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
D0tI said:
Quite frankly I'm not particularly hit hard by her death because
1. It's a shounen
2. They already introduced a resurrection spell (in one of the earlier episodes no less)

Hope they can deliver in these last few episodes. If she does get resurrected I really hope it isn't in like the final moment of the final episode though.

That doesn't make much sense. Natsume's death is sad because she fell victim to machinations of others and she did nothing to deserve it. Resurrection spell has nothing to do with it nor doesn't suddenly make things better. It shouldn't have happened to her to begin with. Furthermore Taizan Fukun Ritual isn't some "freebie life spell", Suzuka can attest to that.
Feb 28, 2014 2:31 PM
Feb 2013
Hishamaru said:
AnimageNeby said:

As for the 'surprise' Natsume and bakatora being switched, and SHE is of the branch and NOT the head...let's be honest here: that was clear and obvious from last episode already. They insisted FAR too strongly about the difference that she wasn't a boy but a girl to be just still a minor twist, but rather a major development in the story.

Allow me to correct you here..
Only Yasuzumi is confirmed as Harutora's real father means Harutora is from the main family.
It's STILL not confirmed if Natsume is from the branch family. Her real parents are still not confirmed, not even in the source material. Notice how this episode just doesn't say anything about her real parents? She might not even be Tsuchimikado at all.

I guess technically it could be someone totally unrelated, but it's rather unlikely. It makes the most sense that both the main branch (heir) and the side-branche (heir) got switched.
Feb 28, 2014 6:23 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Harutora is the real reincarnation after all... and Natsume "dying". Just no way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
The fire works scenes between Natsume and Haratora was well done, until they were interrupted by Takiko...

Damn, why did it have to end it there... I refused that ending T^T.

Mar 1, 2014 12:57 AM

Mar 2009
Man this episode was awesome. That ending was unexpected...if I was him I would go crazy and try to take out that tokiko girls or even that omnyo organization
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
^
That won't happen to till the very last episode and it's massive spoiler.
Mar 1, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2011
Crazy episode, so much going on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
Souma's doing it right. Just a side character wanting to get with the protagonist? Kill off the main girl.
Mar 1, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2010
^lol.
Mar 1, 2014 4:49 PM

Sep 2013
NOOO that cliffhanger, why :(

the Raven Coat familiar looks really cool though.
Mar 1, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
wow, did what I think just happened just happen?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 1, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
Well, now we know the truth. It sure is a little sappy, but hey, at least this was well-executed. Great episode. Now I'm just looking forward to this series closing out on a bang.
Mar 2, 2014 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
DAT OST. TOO BEAUTIFUL.

NATSUMEEEEEEEEE. DON'T DIE ON MEEEE T____T

Mar 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Dec 2013
Nah, I still think there is 'some sort of secret' Tsuchimikados are hiding about her. Well, she could be a branch family daughter but if that were the case why didn't they revealed it already then? I don't mind her being a branch family daughter but then again they should have told about it already. I believe the author will expand more about this issue in the future.

Mar 2, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2012
Oh damn , this series has become so good . My favourite ep so far.
Mar 2, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
It's sad that Natsume is gone...hope that is not the real case though. Nice to see them tying up quite a bit of the puzzle here, the confession and romance of the series really draw me in cause not many series does it like this :)

I have to say I'm enjoying the series a lot more overall now compared to the starting episodes :D
Mar 2, 2014 7:26 AM
Mar 2012
... Woah, Natsume... :(

I still don't understand half of what is happening and who is in what party and what they watn and why... :/
Mar 2, 2014 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
What's hard to understand?

Some members of from a different faction of Twin Horn Syndicate (Taikiko, and her two shikigami Shidou and Mutobe) are allied with Genji (Head of the Onmyo Agency) to bring back Yakou for their own purposes.

It's been that way for like 4-5 episodes now, I'm not sure what's difficult to grasp in that.
Iron_MawMar 2, 2014 11:57 AM
Mar 2, 2014 6:01 PM

May 2013
Oh my god.... she better not be dead... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Stupid people recommending this show to me right as this happens! I just started watching this 3 days ago because it was recommended to me so much, and decided to marathon until I was caught up... worst. decision. ever. goddammit.. now I have to suffer week to week for a month until this show is over!
Mar 2, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
wumbmasta said:
Oh my god.... she better not be dead... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! Stupid people recommending this show to me right as this happens! I just started watching this 3 days ago because it was recommended to me so much, and decided to marathon until I was caught up... worst. decision. ever. goddammit.. now I have to suffer week to week for a month until this show is over!

I completely know that feeling...I started like a week or two ago, and I'm about to go insane. :\ New episode in 2 days!
Mar 3, 2014 12:30 AM

Oct 2011
2nd best girl Natsume T_______________T

SUZUKA STILL BEST GIRL
Mar 3, 2014 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
wumbmasta said:
I'm suffering since episode 9 because it got more interesting from that part. So I guess I can say, hang in there. Just 1 more day.
Iasuru said:

NATSUME STILL BEST GIRL

fixed.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.