Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, what are those wolves on?
Jun 20, 2015 7:24 PM

May 2009
I can't believe this guy is beating Shiryu!?
And the subtitles for the video I'm watching it made it worse! It's hard to take it seriously!
Mar 21, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
Unlike Thor who had actually met Hilda before her possession and felt duty bound to her and his role as a God Warrior, Fenrir actually has a good chance of turning to the Saints side if he gets his world view turned around. Not only did he see that Athena's gentle cosmos was able to make his wolves submit, whereas I imagine Hilda did so forcefully; but also the fact that he's fighting for him and his family of wolves almost exclusively makes it the case. As long as he doesn't realize it in his last moments, I think Fenrir could turn into an ally.

Fenrir's backstory, as cheesy as it was, was both sad and cute. Seeing him go through the traumatizing experience of watching his family killed in front of him while their supposed friends ran in fear leaving them to their demise is what sent him down this path. And seeing how the wolves were there to help him and save him and ended up taking him under their wing as one of them was cute and showed why he see's them like family. It's why he gave that one wolf a funeral when the fight begun. I particularly liked the detail that Ging got his scar fighting for Fenrir. I remember my friend @Sparkyon saying that the new characters get some development and I can definitely see that. I've thoroughly enjoyed both Thor and Fenrir's character as have I enjoyed the contrast between them. My fear they were going to be one dimensional evil meatheads has been proven wrong so quick.

In a way this is more than a fight between Shiryu and Fenrir, it's also a fight between two views of mankind and their nature. Shiryu did get pretty beat so far doing his best to dodge but with the fight becoming a one versus one it may be a bit easier. Fenrir stomping on his back and neck hurt to watch.
Mar 21, 2018 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I particularly liked the detail that Ging got his scar fighting for Fenrir. I remember my friend @Sparkyon saying that the new characters get some development and I can definitely see that. I've thoroughly enjoyed both Thor and Fenrir's character as have I enjoyed the contrast between them. My fear they were going to be one dimensional evil meatheads has been proven wrong so quick.

This is why I recommend this arc for the new SS fans. It isn't as bad as it looks!

As for Fenrir... I don't like this guy! If I had to rank the God Warriors he would be #7 for sure :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.