Forum Settings
Forums

What genre are you biased for (or against)?

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 3, 2011 5:07 AM

Sep 2010
angelgirl391 said:
I guest its weird on my part cuz I LOVE Yaoi but I hate yuri

i have to complete opposite (well i dont really LOVE yuri with capitals, but i dont mind it, yaoi on the other hand is just plain gross).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2011 7:44 AM

Mar 2011
I tend to avoid anything that looks to whining-depressing. I dont mind if a series has a tragic end, it's just if a character whines throughout the whole story I tend to switch off (although Evangelion's shinji is balanced out by Ausuka).

Anything with a bit of fan service and bishoujos in it will increase my tolerance rating massively since im a bit of a perv like that!
Apr 3, 2011 9:22 AM

Sep 2010
What anime genre i watch dosent matter, as long as it can satisfy my eyes.
Apr 3, 2011 11:50 AM
Mar 2011
depends what Kind os Mood im in if
1 i want Brainless action with little story and Super Robot show is Good
2 If i want a Good meaningful story and manga/Anime by Adachi
3 if i want Suoer Hero would Watch Ishinomori Based Stuff
4 if i want pure Connectablty Slice of Life [ Sazae-san and stufflike that not stuff that this label is stuck to]
stuff i hate

Ecchi if its Over Done
and fan service driven shows that done have a proper Story that just uses fan service in place of story
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 3, 2011 3:07 PM
Jun 2010
I'm all for rom-coms, slice of life or otherwise but please give me a decent ending.

I'm against the "I've only seen" genre or group. "I've only seen Naruto, Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, and Elfen Lied and they are the coolest cartoons evar"....genre....

OH! And I'm against the shit that happens to sequels like in Zero no Tsukaima, any attempt at a story is completely replaced by fan service to try to keep the franchise going.
Apr 3, 2011 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
Me... i favor, Ecchi as long it has a lot of sexual jokes, for some reason I like that type of comedy alot. Kissxsis, B Gata H Kei (is a big one)

I watch a lot of other varieties of genres as long it can keep fueling my imagination i'll be happy =]
Apr 4, 2011 3:15 PM
Jan 2011
I am biased against slice of life cuz of K-ON! series and Railgun.

I am biased for Sci-Fi/Fantasy. It why i chose to watch infinite stratos over madoka. HUGE mistake.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 4, 2011 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
Biased against comedy/slice of life cos that makes up 90% of the anime, 97% of which is utter crap.

Biased for Samurai. I've always had a thing for the old setting and manly unshaven men with swords.
Apr 4, 2011 4:54 PM

Dec 2010
Wouldn't say I have much bias as far as genre goes.

Shows where every character has brightly colored hair and/or gigantic bug eyes are a pretty big turn off though.
Apr 4, 2011 5:16 PM
Apr 2011
I am biased toward ecchi, action and comedy, magic and supernatural ,martial arts and school life. Though they almost always have to have one of the others if it is a school life anime.

i can honestly say that since Gundam wing and the earlier ones i won't watch mecha anymore.Even though i am a fan of ecchi i won't watch Hentai, the plot is almost always pushed to the side for the "dirty deed" if there was one that wasn't 1/4th story and 3/4th's sex then it might be worth it. i am not big on boy love or girl love anime or manga, especially not yuri or yaoi.
Apr 4, 2011 5:18 PM

Apr 2010
Biased against mecha and ecchi.

Biased for comedy/romance
Apr 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Feb 2011
I'm against harem anime, just totally pathetic cliches that never happen in real life.
And little kids believe that stuff.
Apr 5, 2011 12:51 AM

Sep 2010
kalaslsl said:
I'm against harem anime, just totally pathetic cliches that never happen in real life.
And little kids believe that stuff.

noting you see in anime will ever happen in real life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2011 6:57 AM

Apr 2011
Biased for:
-Comedy, but only if it's mixed with other genre's which it usually is.
-Action, only if the animation is decent. As a 3D animator in training, it's hard for me to watch fight scenes with crappy movements that look all wrong.
-School, it reminds me of when I used to go to school.
-Harem, only because this genre is pretty much a compact of many genre's (comedy, romance, ecchi, slice of life). But, I've had enough of male protagonists in harems where they're an oblivious whimp. I've seen enough of them. Like... freaking out over a girl wearing only a bathrobe can only be funny so many times until it dies off. Other than that, the harem genre's not bad.

Biased against:
-Sports, even though I watched all of prince of tennis, I only watched it cause it was a friend recommendation. It's not like I hate them, I just don't prefer them.
-Shounen ai and Yaoi, cause.. well... I'm a dude... and.. yeh.. that's self explained lmao =_=.
Apr 5, 2011 8:10 AM

Dec 2007
Biased for sports anime, BL and Josei. But most Josei is definetely good anyway.

Biased against mecha, even though I adore Gundam. Very biased against yuri and shoujo-ai.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Apr 5, 2011 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
generally biased against: mecha, sports, and sci fi

biased for: slice of life, seinen, comedy, romance, etc.
Apr 5, 2011 8:41 AM

Jan 2010
Yaoi. I'll defend the genre no matter how shitty a manga/anime is.
Apr 5, 2011 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
For:
Surrealism
Cyberpunk
Slice of Life
Parody
Drama
Seinen
Tragedy
Supernatural
Psychological

Neutral:
Comedy
Josei
Mecha
Action
Romance
Horror
Yuri/Shoujo Ai
Fantasy
Sci-fi
Moe

Against:
Harem
Ecchi
Shonen
Shoujo
Sports

Won't touch with a 10-foot pole:
Hentai
Yaoi

I think I got em all, am I missing any?
Apr 5, 2011 7:04 PM

Apr 2011
Biased for:
- Any kinda girl with large breast... (I feel so ashamed to admit that out of the blue :p)
- Harem anime
- Slice of life
- Romantic comedies

Biased against:
- everything that pretend to be intellectual and that is in the end only 'intellectual onanism.'
(I'd rather watch a dumb anime than an anime that pretend to be smart).

Between these two extremes I can watch any kind of anime, ranging from slice of life to sci-fi (my top 5 anime ranging from Akira and Cowboy bebop to Totoro... -_-')
Apr 5, 2011 7:55 PM

Oct 2010
Anything ecci, harem, comedy, or has Rie Kugimiya in it XD
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» What are your thought on Ecchi anime?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

14 by traed »»
48 seconds ago

Poll: » suspension of disbelief and difference between reality and fiction

deg - 21 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

83 by mo_lave »»
5 minutes ago

» What popular anime seems to be forgotten ( 1 2 3 )

Kaneki_Bozo - Apr 9, 2021

106 by ColourWheel »»
15 minutes ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

27 by DigiCat »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.