Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 23, 2009 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Claudia reminded Zwei of a guy she liked before, so she "meddled" with him? Zwei finally met Ein face to face and somehow Ein saved Zwei with the warning.
tsubasaloverJul 23, 2009 7:33 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 23, 2009 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
If he was still in the house he probably been dead now.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 23, 2009 10:47 PM

Jun 2009
Disappointing episode... at least 12 minutes was about Godoh talking.
Ein/ Reiji Interaction less than 2 minutes
3 minutes with the Cal flashback =D

Anticipation for next episode;D
In the preview, Reiji is going to find Ein, and kill her.He proabbaly thinks that Ein is behind the bomb-which she isn't because why would Ein want reiji dead? =[
Of course that wont happen.
The next episode is called Confrontation, so it seems promising that something is going to happen between these love birds.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 25, 2009 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Let me correct that: _Awesome_ episode, in which basically everything goes to hell when the truth finally came out.

Next episode should conclude the second chapter...
Jul 25, 2009 4:23 PM

Oct 2008
Yeah i thought it was a pretty amazing episode too. This series has been at a slow spot for a while before picking up a bit with the last episode, but this episode just reminded me why i liked this series. A shame most of this story arc was such a disappointment, but i guess it still has time to make a good ending.

The Godoh talking was required so that Reiji knew he had been betrayed by claudia and that she was indirectly responsible for what happened to him and Elen. I liked it as it brought everything together and was a nice "oh wow so that is what happened" moment.

Hopefully Reiji won't kill Elen. She still seems to care about him from the warning (although i suppose that could have been part of scythe's plot to turn him on Inferno) and the most likely suspect for the bombing is of course inferno. He still seems to have feelings for her too proving that he isn't a total lolicon.
Jul 25, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! CAL!!!!....Mah angel !!! Oh well, time to pass to the next and final arc as well as start praying for Cal's original ending. On the other hand, kinda glad because...

As for the episode itself, IMO the only good things about it are a sneek shot of Mio (LOL, another Mio...) and the sweet flashback of Reiji x Cal, heck he even shed tears when the building was blown off and go Vendetta for her sake in nxt ep whereas he just moved on and dun care in Ein's case 8-) hence Cal: 2; Ein: 0 as of now...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 25, 2009 4:47 PM

Oct 2008
Could have done without Godoh talking for most of the episode...>.>
Otherwise, it was a great episode.
CAL! D: I just started to tolerate you!!
Can't wait until the next episode.
Wonder wheret he crap Claudia went to.
Jul 25, 2009 5:08 PM

Feb 2009
Dammit and I was starting to like Cal. :( Oh well, maybe she's not dead, who knows.
Jul 25, 2009 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
I daresay that was a good episode. Reiji and Lizzie get shown to be the puppets that they were and the shit hits the fan. It was clear that Shiga was going to turn on Godoh since he seemed to have magically been ok after Ein's attack. But he is still clearly being duped by Scythe since nothing Reiji said seemed to trigger anything in him. As much as I wish for Cal to be dead, I'm almost positive that she isn't. It rather seems like my prediction of her having something to do with explosives is true. The only thing that bothered me is the music box theme.
Jul 25, 2009 5:25 PM

Mar 2009
And at that point Reiji should go apeshit and kill everyone except for Elen.
Jul 25, 2009 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Fuck that...the only ending I'll care about is everyone dying.

Except maybe Claudia.
Jul 25, 2009 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Fuck that...the only ending I'll care about is everyone dying.

Except maybe Claudia.

Well, well... Fell for her charm arent you ;) ? & LOL about Shiga, just wat I forgot to mention in mah prev. post, how the hell he was the only one unscathed when everyone else dies ? o-0 Ok, some might say he come later on but isnt it illogical considering he was like Godoh's right hand and arent right hand dudes ALWAYS follow the boss around ? Another show's flaw, I guess...

Jul 25, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
cool episode, although I would have preferred more Elen x Reiji time. It seems the show is coming along smoothly with the game's content as seen with the preview. Well, that just means the story arc when they
is coming soon. The only thing I don't like where this is going is that
Oh I forgot to mention Shiga's a douche for
I'll be looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 25, 2009 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
4kicks said:
Oh I forgot to mention Shiga's a douche for
I'll be looking forward to the next episode.

Pfff, I bet Godoh, as long as he was alive, wont allow Shiga to lay his dirty hands on Mio hence why he was using the excuse of "securing the future of the Godoh's group" to rid off Godoh, sneaky pervert bastard... Always knew something is wrong with this guy. It seems the show is becoming more "deep" than what I expected...

Jul 25, 2009 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
O.o so.. that's how Reiji escaped death?
Elen comes in and shot those guys
eh. i guess it's good as long as he lives XD

O.O what's this the bag actaully had explosives?!?
when i first saw the bag i was like that must be explosives!
but after a while and seeing Reiji just walking down the block I was like nah... not possible
when i least expected it KA-BOOM! ..

And i gata wonder where Claudia went... lolz
Jul 25, 2009 7:24 PM

May 2008
I actually really like Cal ;w; Uuu....

Jul 25, 2009 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
Stupid Shiga. D<
Aww that was really sad when the explosives went off. Even if Cal didn't really die, it still would be really sad, b/c of Reiji... :(
Ein still sorta cares for Reiji? :D
Jul 25, 2009 8:47 PM
May 2008
I didn't mind this episode with Godoh's long dialogue... it gave some information on what's happening inside of Inferno... not that much was surprising but still nice to know facts. Only thing I would like to see is Elen/Ein in an episode for more than a minute.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 25, 2009 9:14 PM

Dec 2008
So, I actually liked this episode! Well, the first 5-10 minutes I didn't care much for, but after that, the tension between clueless Reiji/Lizzie and the Godoh group (and then, after, Ein) was very well done. Although, really, what's with people getting shot and not feeling their effects? The dude was shot in the abdomen and in the chest (left upper lung?) and he's not bleeding to death? Instead, he gets up and starts smoking? LOL

I didn't feel that Godoh talking was such a bad thing. It actually made me care for them, whereas before, I couldn't give a damn. It's kind of a shame that they left this sort of thing until it was virtually too late. Ah well. Better late than never, I suppose.

Anyway, I doubt that Cal is dead, but I guess that remains to be seen.

noteDhero said:
The only thing that bothered me is the music box theme.

LOL you too? Actually, the tune itself I don't have too much of a problem with (although, it felt a little out of place here), but the organ largely killed it for me =/ It sounded too much like sad Christmas music.
Jul 25, 2009 9:41 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I daresay that was a good episode. Reiji and Lizzie get shown to be the puppets that they were and the shit hits the fan. It was clear that Shiga was going to turn on Godoh since he seemed to have magically been ok after Ein's attack. But he is still clearly being duped by Scythe since nothing Reiji said seemed to trigger anything in him. As much as I wish for Cal to be dead, I'm almost positive that she isn't. It rather seems like my prediction of her having something to do with explosives is true. The only thing that bothered me is the music box theme.

Ya I'm pretty sure Cal and Claudia got away. They show a brief shot of the inside of reji's apartment and Cal is no where to be seen. It looks like she was taken out of there in a hurry. The one thing I don't want to happen is Scythe getting a hold of Cal. That would suck if Cal is brainwashed like Elen and future Cal and Elen both fight Reji.

Next episode looks interesting. Reji's gonna kick some ass it seems.
Jul 25, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
Although, really, what's with people getting shot and not feeling their effects? The dude was shot in the abdomen and in the chest (left upper lung?) and he's not bleeding to death? Instead, he gets up and starts smoking? LOL

He was shot through the tissue in your shoulder, and it showed how the bullet went right through him. He won't doe from a bullet there, or bleed to death.

Anyway, I liked this episode, but as others have already said, Godoh talked for too long. Looking forward to next episode.

And, *as of right now* R.I.P. Cal
Jul 25, 2009 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
ClearSinz said:
O.o so.. that's how Reiji escaped death?
Elen comes in and shot those guys
eh. i guess it's good as long as he lives XD

O.O what's this the bag actaully had explosives?!?
when i first saw the bag i was like that must be explosives!
but after a while and seeing Reiji just walking down the block I was like nah... not possible
when i least expected it KA-BOOM! ..

And i gata wonder where Claudia went... lolz

Of course she has to run for her life.
Shes going to get killed by Reiji+_=
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 25, 2009 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
xTHoWx said:
Aeterna said:
Although, really, what's with people getting shot and not feeling their effects? The dude was shot in the abdomen and in the chest (left upper lung?) and he's not bleeding to death? Instead, he gets up and starts smoking? LOL

He was shot through the tissue in your shoulder, and it showed how the bullet went right through him. He won't doe from a bullet there, or bleed to death.

If you're shot in the chest and/or abdomen, you're going to bleed. A lot. And it won't just stop without some sort of intervention. Moreover, your chest is surrounded by your rib cage, which a bullet can ricochet off of, I believe (will have to get a more definitive source for this one), therefore possibly hitting other important organs and/or arteries. Also, if you're abdominal organs are hit, you could suffer some kind of perforation of the stomach or intestines, which could lead to sepsis on top of bleeding (external and/or internal).

If you want to ensure survival, you need to start first aid ASAP and get yourself to a hospital, not just sit up, smoke a cigarette, and have a nice conversation with your brother.

But, of course, this is anime, not real life. Still, it would be nice to see just a little bit of realism here, seeing as Phantom doesn't really have any fantasy/sci-fi elements to it (unlike series like Bleach or Dragonball Z, where characters can take huge hits and not die due to them being aliens/shinigami/super-healing-techniques/magic/etc.)
Jul 25, 2009 11:49 PM

Dec 2007
omg! no Cal Don't die, hope Cal escaped somehow....... also feel bad by Godoh...He got shot by his well trusted friend...
Jul 25, 2009 11:49 PM
Jul 2009
This episode fucking sucked. There were bare hints of things I wanted to watch.

Claudia's scheming is FINALLY exposed to Reiji and Lizzie, and she disappears into thin air...
Reiji meets Ein for about thirty seconds and can't be bothered to ask any questions or tell her anything, just stares and stands in place and repeats her name over and over...
CCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL...
And instead of taking time to actually DO ANYTHING with these plotlines, which have been building up towards a climax for seven episodes, they animated ten minutes of backstory as last-minute character development before offing some nobody...

This episode is like having a hot date, getting invited back to her place, making out on the bed, putting on a condom and getting a vicious kick to the balls.
Jul 26, 2009 1:38 AM
Apr 2009
I hope Cal died. Or else Reiji will start his useless borning "You're not dead?? Why T_T" again.
Also I bless my 'rewind forward' button. It saves me from watching stupid flashbacks and even more stupid conversations.
Jul 26, 2009 3:23 AM

Aug 2008
First enjoyable Phantom episode since few weeks. And the explosion... Bye bye loli! (*O*)/
Jul 26, 2009 3:46 AM

Sep 2008
Wow... Great episode, but:
1.WTF SHIGA
2.Cal T_T
Jul 26, 2009 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
Nooo Cal T-T

She's probably still alive, but still, that totally sucks :[
Jul 26, 2009 5:19 AM

May 2009
she is 100% alive ...and Cluadia i think went to the cemetery ...
I`M A MURDERER
Jul 26, 2009 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting. So many things happened.
Jul 26, 2009 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode. Shiga killing Godoh was much more emotional then it was in the VN and the Clock of Despair unleashed its evil powers!

In any case, one more episodes and the 2nd arc ends and the 3rd arc which is IMO the best one shall start with either ep19 or last minutes of ep18 :D

LOL you too? Actually, the tune itself I don't have too much of a problem with (although, it felt a little out of place here), but the organ largely killed it for me =/ It sounded too much like sad Christmas music.

The music is called "Chist is coming" so no suprise here.

This episode fucking sucked. There were bare hints of things I wanted to watch.

Claudia's scheming is FINALLY exposed to Reiji and Lizzie, and she disappears into thin air...
Reiji meets Ein for about thirty seconds and can't be bothered to ask any questions or tell her anything, just stares and stands in place and repeats her name over and over...
CCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL...
And instead of taking time to actually DO ANYTHING with these plotlines, which have been building up towards a climax for seven episodes, they animated ten minutes of backstory as last-minute character development before offing some nobody...

This episode is like having a hot date, getting invited back to her place, making out on the bed, putting on a condom and getting a vicious kick to the balls.

These plotlines hold far greater importance then you can imagine. So don't be dissapointed just yet.

First enjoyable Phantom episode since few weeks. And the explosion... Bye bye loli! (*O*)/

Interesting fact: the ones who liked the current arc and Cal the most were the ones who played the VN. Once the third arc kicks in, I bet many anime-only watchers will change their opinions about the "Cal Arc".
Jul 26, 2009 8:33 AM

Oct 2007
nooooo ;_ ; i was starting to like Cal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
this is now a score 8 show, it was a 7 up until now xD
and baaaaaw Cal's gone ... blown into pieces xD at last : D she was getting on my nerves everytime she showed up : p
and the preview tells me it's getting interesting : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2009 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Ya I'm pretty sure Cal and Claudia got away. They show a brief shot of the inside of reji's apartment and Cal is no where to be seen. It looks like she was taken out of there in a hurry.

The old Hollywood rule says that if the corpse was not shown, then most likely the character lives. It wouldn't hurt though if this time Cal was really killed in the explosion. Serves her right for ruining the atmosphere of the previous episodes.
Jul 26, 2009 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
Serves her right for ruining the atmosphere of the previous episodes.

Some people here will really hate Mio in chapter 3 :D
I ceartanly hated every scene in which she appeared.

As for the atmosphere of chapter 2 (episodes 12-18): As I already said, it is no coincidence that the ones who like chapter 2 the most are the players of the VN. If not for entire chapter 2, chapter 3 would not be as good and dark as it is going to be.
Jul 26, 2009 10:31 AM

May 2009
i think the final episode will be like this
I`M A MURDERER
Jul 26, 2009 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
I hope that Cal's death makes Reiji even more ruthless and he finally kills that Scythe bastards. I won't miss Claudia if she is dead, or lizzie who was worthless. I don't know how I want this to end because I don't particularly like Ein's character either, I just want Reiji to kick some ass.
Jul 26, 2009 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
xTHoWx said:
Aeterna said:

If you're shot in the chest and/or abdomen, you're going to bleed. A lot. And it won't just stop without some sort of intervention. Moreover, your chest is surrounded by your rib cage, which a bullet can ricochet off of, I believe (will have to get a more definitive source for this one), therefore possibly hitting other important organs and/or arteries. Also, if you're abdominal organs are hit, you could suffer some kind of perforation of the stomach or intestines, which could lead to sepsis on top of bleeding (external and/or internal).

If you want to ensure survival, you need to start first aid ASAP and get yourself to a hospital, not just sit up, smoke a cigarette, and have a nice conversation with your brother.

He wasn't shot in the chest, feel where your shoulder and your chest connect. If you get shot through there, the bullet will go right through you - you will be bleeding-, and you should get medical attention, but you won't die right away or bleed to death very fast.

Meh_93Aug 2, 2009 9:32 PM
Jul 26, 2009 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
Serves her right for ruining the atmosphere of the previous episodes.

Some people here will really hate Mio in chapter 3 :D
I ceartanly hated every scene in which she appeared.

As for the atmosphere of chapter 2 (episodes 12-18): As I already said, it is no coincidence that the ones who like chapter 2 the most are the players of the VN. If not for entire chapter 2, chapter 3 would not be as good and dark as it is going to be.

Rlly? As for me, I loved every f**king female characters in the game, the less would be Ein IMO, so boring even in the game version, which supposed to be better than how the anime portray it.

@ "Serves her right for ruining the atmosphere of the previous episodes"

How did she f**king ruin the atmosphere anyway? All I can see is a F**king damn prejudice against her character just because of the "SHE WAS A LOLI SO I DONT LIKE HER" mindset when in fact she wasnt even one according to the proper LOLI's definition. Did she interfere in Zwei's mission ? FUCK NO !!! She even help him & later on being his emotional support. Funny thing is nobody complain the time Elen and Zwei spend together...Talk about hypocrite, I dare bet 80% of Cal haters hate her because Zwei wont SURPRISE BUTTSECKS Elen if Cal was around,LOL

Jul 26, 2009 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
xTHoWx said:

He wasn't shot in the chest, feel where your shoulder and your chest connect. If you get shot through there, you will be bleeding,and you should get medical attention, but you won't die right away or bleed to death very fast.

Why do you continue to overlook the fact that he was also shot in the stomach? Also, there is a major artery in that area between the chest and the shoulder.
Jul 26, 2009 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Right when I was getting used to having Cal around. Hopefully she will be alright. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 26, 2009 4:06 PM

Oct 2008
Just as I thought.. *broke out in laughters*

Next episode

Jul 26, 2009 4:49 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
xTHoWx said:

He wasn't shot in the chest, feel where your shoulder and your chest connect. If you get shot through there, you will be bleeding,and you should get medical attention, but you won't die right away or bleed to death very fast.

Why do you continue to overlook the fact that he was also shot in the stomach? Also, there is a major artery in that area between the chest and the shoulder.

The major artery your talking about is higher up than where he was shot. And the other wound looks like it wold have hit the descending colon. He could be able to get up after that (he was on the ground for a while) and smoke with someone else lighting it for him.

He would defiantly have to go to the hospital and probably have surgery so he could go to the bathroom and not get an infection. But he still wouldn't die instantly or bleed to death in the time he was there.
Jul 26, 2009 5:01 PM
Jun 2009
its funny that they censore the gunshots but not the nudity...(claudia's maccanons...)...;p
and i wonder how will the story will be like onwards....
and the part where cal is presumed dead due to the explosian and reiji cries for her....that was kinda sad...
man pity reiji huh, all the chicks he love ends up 'dead'.
Jul 26, 2009 6:59 PM

Apr 2008
what a big twist o_o suddenly the enemy change again

Jul 26, 2009 9:04 PM

Dec 2008
xTHoWx said:
noteDhero said:
xTHoWx said:

The major artery your talking about is higher up than where he was shot. And the other wound looks like it wold have hit the descending colon. He could be able to get up after that (he was on the ground for a while) and smoke with someone else lighting it for him.

He would defiantly have to go to the hospital and probably have surgery so he could go to the bathroom and not get an infection. But he still wouldn't die instantly or bleed to death in the time he was there.

Sorry, but which major artery are you talking about? ^^; There are lots of major arteries in the body, especially around the chest/abdominal area.

Also, if you want to talk anatomy, the chest bullet could very well have hit his left upper lung, although it's a bit difficult to say. And I just checked one of my textbooks - yes, bullets can ricochet off of bony surfaces (such as ribs) and therefore cause more damage internally than what you see on the outside. As for the abdominal bullet, even if it did hit the colon, you'd still risk sepsis (due to perforation) on top of heavy bleeding. There's a very good reason as to why the contents of your gastrointestinal tract are kept strictly separate from the rest of the body - you don't want that crap (in the literal sense) flowing out into your abdominal cavity.

Anyway, I'm not saying he'd bleed out and/or die right away, but at least start first aid! Assess the ABCs (airway, breathing, circulation), assess neurological status, control the bleeding (e.g. apply pressure), call an ambulance, etc. When your shot, especially in the chest/abdomen, time is of the essence. The sooner the injury is managed, the better the chances for survival. So, then, why does Godoh just sit up and smoke as if nothing happened? o_o;
Jul 26, 2009 9:14 PM

Aug 2008
I'm talking about the axillary artery.

But now that I think about it...we're arguing realism in a show where someone gets shot like 7 times in the chest, drops into a bay and is still alive.
Jul 26, 2009 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:
I'm talking about the axillary artery.

But now that I think about it...we're arguing realism in a show where someone gets shot like 7 times in the chest, drops into a bay and is still alive.

Looking at where the bullet hit Godoh's chest, it might have been a bit lower than the axillary artery, but again, you can't assess the damage just from the entry/exit point.

True, but at least Reiji had the decency of collapsing and blacking out xD Godoh was just taking it easy, while I was thinking, "Stop the bleeding! Apply pressure!!!"

Besides, I find pathophysiology fascinating, but then again, I am a nursing student xD
Jul 26, 2009 9:42 PM

Aug 2008
I assumed that the blackout was during the flashback since (if I remember correctly) after it happened we got a close up of him opening his eyes. If not, it's yet another instance of my filling in vague transitions with my imagination.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.