Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »
Jul 11, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
No high expectation = no loss
Jul 11, 2016 5:51 PM
Oct 2015
i have never watched berserk before, im guessing i shouldnt start here lol
Jul 11, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
Solewun said:
i have never watched berserk before, im guessing i shouldnt start here lol
i'd recommend the 97 series because it's the golden age arc. this episode starts with some stuff mainly from the first volume of the manga with a bunch of stuff from later chapters shoved into it, then the second episode jumps about 14 volumes about half way into the dark age arc....

or the 3 movies....up to you
Jul 12, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
TAKE YOUR GRASSES OFF, EVERYTHING WITH THIS ADAPTATION WILL BE WONG!!
I was fine with the shitty CGI but even faithful adaptation for my favourite series was also too much to ask huh? FUCKING GREAT!

Didn't care too much about the ED but the OP is nice...the only problem I have is the Caska scene with Griffith. They really need to stop glorying
her rape every chance they get, it's fucking tasteless imo.

Don't know if this was already posted but whatever :
KashKetchumJul 12, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 13, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2011
Fair enough... the only thing that was improved was the sword.
Jul 13, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
knew the animations will be bad after seeing the PV, but they are very smart in showing Guts and Clare together in the first episode :)

i think finishing this series is not a problem for me
Jul 13, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
klaymore said:
but they are very smart in showing Guts and Clare together in the first episode :)

Who?

Jul 13, 2016 4:09 PM
Jan 2016
Mezziaz said:
klaymore said:
but they are very smart in showing Guts and Clare together in the first episode :)

Who?

Jul 13, 2016 6:21 PM
Feb 2012
Goddammit... I was so pumped about this...
Why can't we get a proper and faithful Berserk adaptation, doesn't Guts deserve better? Hasn't he endured enough?!?!??!?!
I seriously wouldn't mind the shitty CG if at least they hadn't fucked with the story.
Jul 13, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
Lots of whining in this thread lol, the old series hasn't disappeared you know.

Episode 1 and 2, pretty good so far! 8/10
Jul 14, 2016 1:34 AM

Jan 2011
Mezziaz said:
klaymore said:

Who?

dont u think that travelling girl looks like Clare haha
Jul 14, 2016 5:20 AM

May 2008
Horrible CG. I was never a fan of CG being used in anime. It doesn't blend well and don't show enough emotion except for high budget CGs which might cost a ton.
Jul 14, 2016 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
Dat CGI... but I will still watch it, because I liked the old Berserk. Really hoping for some good things in the upcoming eps...
Jul 14, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty nice opening episode, I'm quite alright with the CGI and the OST seems pretty good. What I hope for this adaption is that Guts' voice actor nails his badass lines and that they don't butcher Serpico's character.
Jul 14, 2016 3:50 PM
Feb 2016
In my honest opinion I think people that just complain about it being CG or hearing other people complaining about it not following in the manga (When most don`t even read the manga) . I mean come on I don`t even notice that a good anime has bad artwork unless I hear people complain about it like a bunch of little kids. I mean I enjoyed the first episode
and I basically had a feeling that it was going to be a fun ride for everybody. Until you hear this shit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x22Jrq721s (No offence to Chibi though, he seems like a nice guy) "Oh my god, I never read the manga and may never. But I hear from a reviewer that it skipped 6 volumes. So I can`t say that this anime is good"
"The intro and flashbacks have the animation style that every one wants" "even the 3 movies had decent animation" . Be thankful that there's a new anime you picky bastards
KiraPiraJul 14, 2016 3:57 PM
Jul 14, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
[Spanish]
Que quejumbrosos son todos: Aunque adaptaran el manga panel por panel y con todos los arcos completos, seguirían de quejicas llorones porque la animación no es 2D y que es una mierda y si de repente el anime tuviera animación 2D completamente pero no fuera fiel al manga, se quejarían también.

De cualquier modo no creo que tomen en cuenta lo que digo, porque luego de haber leído más de 900 comentarios en solo la discusión del primer episodio, es evidente que a TODOS solo les importa la animación. Desde que salió el primer trailer, en el ya borrado topic donde se lo anunció por primera vez, todos andaban llorando como bebes por la animación y droppeaban la serie y daban puntuaciones bajísimas nada más por eso.

Aunque nadie les obligue a ver esto, ustedes solo la continuan para seguir cortando las venas y tirar mierda porque ustedes disfrutan quejarse. Si no les gusta, no la vean y listo.

[English]
How complainers are everyone: Even if they adapt the manga panel by panel and with all the arcs completed, you would still complaining like crying babies because the animation is not 2D and even if they change the animation completelly to 2D but don't follow the manga, everyone would complain too.

Anyway, I don't think you will take into account what I say because after reading more than 900 hundred comments just in the discussion of the first episode, it is evident that the only thing that it's important for EVERYONE is the animation. Since the first trailer was released, in the forum topic where it was shown, everyone were complaining like crying babies for the animation and begun to drop the series and give low scores just for that.

Although nobody is forcing you to watch this, everyone keeps watching it just to slice their veins and thrown shit at because everyone enjoys to complaint. If you don't like it, don't watch it and done.
Jul 15, 2016 1:28 AM

Jul 2009
MetalexReaper said:

How complainers are everyone: Even if they adapt the manga panel by panel and with all the arcs completed, you would still complaining like crying babies because the animation is not 2D and even if they change the animation completelly to 2D but don't follow the manga, everyone would complain too.

Why can't it have a faithful adaption that is animated in 2D? Is this something wrong to hope for?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure could get it so why not Berserk? (especially since the manga is one of, if not the best of all time)

Yes, there obviously would still be complaints in either of those scenarios (but probably not as much).

Option A: Manga fans would be more happy for finally getting a faithful adaption (though considering the absolutely gorgeous art the Berserk manga has it really deserves better animation.)
Anime fans not familiar with the manga/source material will judge from the animation at first and notice it has a very difficult time competing here compared to everything else airing this season.

Obtion B: Manga fans would still be disappointed of still not getting a faithful adaption after all this time. Anime fans would be more happy as animation can compete with everything else airing currently in this regard.

In the long run however option A (proper page by page adaption) would be preferred though in the long term as eventually the flaws from the changed (rushed) storytelling is bound to creep up and become noticeable even for the anime only fans. And would therefor be way better than what we are getting now for everyone.
MezziazJul 15, 2016 1:44 AM
Jul 15, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2012
Uberspyguy said:
I think people need to realize that CG is going to become the norm in anime because it's much more efficient in terms of production than traditional 2d hand drawn animation

I don't mind CG, when it's done well. This...made everyone cringe, for good reason. The frames moved so slowly, stiffly, and awkwardly at some parts that I was secondhand embarrassed watching it.

Also, why is Casca white...? And her hair red? Smh
Jul 15, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Well the CG is just sloppy. And why should we not complain about that ? If it sucks I'm going to say so. The CG aside, there is nothing that really gets my attention about this.
Jul 15, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2015
ryoubakura said:
Uberspyguy said:
I think people need to realize that CG is going to become the norm in anime because it's much more efficient in terms of production than traditional 2d hand drawn animation

I don't mind CG, when it's done well. This...made everyone cringe, for good reason. The frames moved so slowly, stiffly, and awkwardly at some parts that I was secondhand embarrassed watching it.

Also, why is Casca white...? And her hair red? Smh

I have seen enough CG shows to understand visually the quirks that come with 3D animation. Maybe i'm just conditioned to it more than most people since like I've said before; it doesn't bother me at all. If anything I actually like the art direction simply because of how striking it looks. Also on your Casca comment in the PV for episode 4 her model is clearly tanned so I think it might of been bad lighting or shading that made her appear white.
Jul 16, 2016 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
They took something I cared about and smashed it to pieces. Well done.
Jul 16, 2016 4:12 PM
Mar 2016
Ok I feel like everyone is commenting about this but that CGI was... oh boy. I thought maybe only a little was gonna be CGI but no the entire thing was CGI. Maybe I expected to much. Berserk is one of my favorite anime/manga though so this leaves me kind of disappointed. I'm still watching it though because I need my dark fantasy gore fix.
[s ] [ /s]
Jul 17, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2013
God, I'm actually laughing out loud with these first five pages! Glad I didn't get around to watching this. Now I can just laugh it all off from afar without experiencing the suffering first-hand.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 17, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
This animation is a cancer...how can't they see it?!
Anyway, sad thing that Guts keep being remembered of that fateful night.
Jul 19, 2016 8:17 AM

Dec 2011
Sorry, was I supposed to feel something from that?

Non-stop badly animated mindless violence. How boring.

Bye bye to this.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 24, 2016 3:06 AM

Feb 2013
Wow this was pretty painful to watch, the CGI was as bad as that kingdom anime I watched and dropped 3 episodes in. I'll give this one more of a chance because well, it's Berserk, but I'm not sure I'll be able to watch this the entire way through. It's sad because Berserk is such a great series, and would really benefit from high quality animation, all of its adaptations have had pretty bad animation...but this CGI is just horrible.

Even the movies weren't this bad...I actually quite liked those tbh. Not really sure why either, maybe because the CGI was only used for bigger battles and wasn't used throughout every scene. I also don't think the movies CGI was nearly as bad.

But yeah...pretty bad start.

2/5
Jul 26, 2016 1:58 PM
May 2012
Oh man, it's true. This adaption is a fail. Well, at least I like the seiyuus.
I'll be waiting for the berserker armor.
Jul 28, 2016 1:00 PM
Jun 2015
The biggest shit of all garbages since the creation of manga
Jul 30, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2015
Okay. I have watched the old series years ago. The movies some days ago.

Now I finally have watched episode 1 of the new series. I never read the manga. Did not have the motivation cause I usually don't like "dark" fantasy that much and it seems it is going in totally different direction than the Golden Age from old series/movies?

For the Golden Age I liked the middle-age like setting and the fights between big armies and I like the characters.

At least from episode 1 of the new series I don't like Puck that much. Hoping there'll be more chars to join (and that I might like some of them) and Casca returning maybe. And maybe also some bigger battles between armies.

At least end of episode 1 and the preview promised some interesting char(s) (those church/inquisition guys and their female leader or 2nd in command) - they might also be good for some bigger battles against some undead army.

If it is only Guts fleeing from thos inquisition guys and fleeing from the undead/demonds it might get boring fast (at least if this is getting too much screen time and not much Griffith or inquisition guys fighting against others shown).

But since I don't know the manga I can only look forward to what's going happen next. For episode 2 the preview looked interesting enought to make me wanna watch it.

For this episode 3/5.

(And I don't care about CGI. But won't score the series until I have at least watched 3 or 4 episode.)
Aug 2, 2016 4:20 PM

Jun 2013
was there that gun in his hand in the manga?
Aug 3, 2016 5:07 AM

Apr 2010
And here I thought CGI used in anime couldn't get any worse.
Aug 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Just started watching Berserk a couple of days ago. All i have to say is people complain way to much about the animation. I honestly couldn't care less about it. People are really gonna rate this anime poorly just because of the animation? Wow... I've only watched two episodes and i've already gotten use to it. And if it's that bad then why watch it?
Aug 8, 2016 5:33 AM

Feb 2012
was okay. i don't really mind the art/animation - i think the movies look much worse in that aspect. just seems as though there isn't a personality to it right now.

i remember pretty much nothing from this story but i'm curious as to what is/isn't faithful. seems that a lot was skipped between this and the prequel right?
Aug 8, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2014
vibskov said:
was okay. i don't really mind the art/animation - i think the movies look much worse in that aspect. just seems as though there isn't a personality to it right now.

i remember pretty much nothing from this story but i'm curious as to what is/isn't faithful. seems that a lot was skipped between this and the prequel right?
this episoe mostly constist of content from the intro chapters of berserk with some shit from other chapters shoved into it. i dealy this anime skips the golden age and goes into the dark age....however it ends up skipping a bit more than that......
Aug 13, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
Far from impressive, but it was alight. If nothing else it has action and violence going for it.
Aug 15, 2016 5:12 AM

Jun 2015
It's like watching a PlayStation 2 cut scene.
Aug 16, 2016 7:21 AM

Aug 2015
All we needed was Madhouse the perfect studio for this type of animes...
Aug 17, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2016
Wow they skipped 99% of the 1st chapter. Well, at least they didn't skip Puck.

LMFAOOOOOOO This
Aug 23, 2016 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
I literally just finished the old berserk so I could start that anime.
Why do I want to kill myself ?
Why is it so shit ? Anyone ?
What happened in 2016 ?
Aug 26, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
Haha this is going to be great

What's the purpose of this post and what is she looking at? xD
Sep 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
Fucking ridiculous. It is unimaginable how they could have fucked this up despite having a perfectly laid out script.

Gut's looks like he's in his 50s, Puck and Isidro sound like idiots. Never been so disappointed.

For some stupid reason, Gut's already has the dragonslayer. For those saying that it's "Better than nothing," guess what? We're probably going to wait another 10+ years for the next shitty adaption.
Prim3Sep 8, 2016 7:55 PM
~
Sep 21, 2016 1:27 AM
Nov 2014
Looks like I'm one of the few people who liked the episode . Yeah the cg is bad but it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the story. Looking forward to watch more.
Sep 24, 2016 2:26 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This wasn't as bad as people say. I kinda liked it lol Especially when Guts was cooking and peeling potatoes, yum!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 26, 2016 10:56 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Don´t like the animation style, but i love this series!!!!
Sep 29, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
The consensus of this thread: the animation is shit therefore the series is shit; It's an adaptation of course they're going to cut chunks of the manga out.
Oct 2, 2016 10:33 AM
May 2014
10/10 best animuuuu
Oct 13, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
Not bad first ep , man i was scared it will be totally shitty
opening is ok

Nov 7, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2012
The CGI is really off putting in my opinion, while the action and pacing is pretty solid, the overall style just doesn't seem right with the over the top CGI.
Nov 22, 2016 4:27 AM

Nov 2016
Well guys I told myself "Ok it's time to start Berserk" and I did it knowing I'd love it (because of the genres). Where did I decided to start? Anime adaption of 2016, and my reaction was a 24 minutes long wtf because of that animation. I mean this is so bad it makes you lose focus on the story, the characters, everything.
So I wanna ask an advice. Drop the 2016 anime for the manga? Drop the 2016 anime for the 1997 anime? Either way it's drop 2016 anime (for now?) because I understood there are tons of things missing, and I don't really want to spoil Berserk.
Nov 27, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
Giuliaccia said:

So I wanna ask an advice. Drop the 2016 anime for the manga? Drop the 2016 anime for the 1997 anime? Either way it's drop 2016 anime (for now?) because I understood there are tons of things missing, and I don't really want to spoil Berserk.

Do not start with this 2016 anime, watch the 1997 first (or the movies). Best option though is to simply read the manga in stick with that.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »

More topics from this board

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

32 by StyxParadise »»
Yesterday, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.