Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2016
For item (92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set:

The person on this post (#431) is using a banner with araragi from the monogatari series.

Can i use Nekomonogatari: Kuro for that item, referencing post #431

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Jun 9, 2021 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
@Otaakuu
Any anime with Araragi listed as a character will be valid for this item.
Jun 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Oct 2019
Probably a stupid question, but I'd like to be certain. One of my items says, "Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more." By lower does this mean a number greater than #700 as in less popular or one less than #700 as in more popular?
Jun 9, 2021 11:55 PM

Aug 2016
XPhoenixRisingX said:
Probably a stupid question, but I'd like to be certain. One of my items says, "Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more." By lower does this mean a number greater than #700 as in less popular or one less than #700 as in more popular?

It is intended as less popular. From the challenge list explanations:
(44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more
— state the popularity it had when you started; lower popularity would be #701, #702, #703 and so on
Jun 11, 2021 4:20 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know if someone did this question before, so I will do:

(25) Watch an anime featuring a Voice Actor who is also credited with a Theme/Insert Song Performance in the anime

In this one, it needs to be directed linked or it can be something like Granrodeo singing in a anime with a Taniyama Kisho character?
Jun 11, 2021 4:57 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ermeson1996 said:
I don't know if someone did this question before, so I will do:

(25) Watch an anime featuring a Voice Actor who is also credited with a Theme/Insert Song Performance in the anime

In this one, it needs to be directed linked or it can be something like Granrodeo singing in a anime with a Taniyama Kisho character?
From the item explanations list:
if the voice actor/actress is credited under their band's name it will not be valid (for example: Kishou Taniyama must be credited with a Theme/Insert Song Performance in the anime instead of GRANRODEO)

It needs to be the voice actor themselves, a group they're part of will not be valid.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Jun 11, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
I would like to confirm whether Retsuko fits the criteria for Challenge #104: An anime where the main character is a professional in their field.

If so, would her profession be 'Accountant' or 'Office Lady'?
removed-userJun 11, 2021 9:20 PM
Jun 12, 2021 6:04 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
HaqmuinDox said:
I would like to confirm whether Retsuko fits the criteria for Challenge #104: An anime where the main character is a professional in their field.

If so, would her profession be 'Accountant' or 'Office Lady'?
That's valid. Her character page says "Retsuko is a red panda who works as an accountant", so use that.

Jun 12, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Can someone tell me what anime is this from?

its for the anime in forum set thing

Jun 12, 2021 2:35 PM

Sep 2009
Otaakuu said:
Can someone tell me what anime is this from?

its for the anime in forum set thing

That's Black Lady, she appears in some seasons of Sailor Moon - those are listed on her character page. So linking that character page would be the easiest.
Jun 16, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2016
For (71) Watch a listed themed anime: GAR or Post-Apocalyptic

I used Dr. Stone: Stone Wars which technically is not in the link given, but there it says to
Only use anime listed on anidb or Anime-Planet.
I found that stone wars is listed as post-apocalyptic on anidb. Is it a valid anime for the item?

For (67) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Dementia, Game, or Harem

Does Nisemonogatari count (harem)? Is it not listed as harem on mal but it is listed as such on anidb

Jun 16, 2021 3:23 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Otaakuu said:
For (71) Watch a listed themed anime: GAR or Post-Apocalyptic

I used Dr. Stone: Stone Wars which technically is not in the link given, but there it says to
Only use anime listed on anidb or Anime-Planet.
I found that stone wars is listed as post-apocalyptic on anidb. Is it a valid anime for the item?
The link we provided says you can use AniDB, so that would be valid.

For (67) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Dementia, Game, or Harem

Does Nisemonogatari count (harem)? Is it not listed as harem on mal but it is listed as such on anidb
It has to be listed with the Harem genre on MAL, so that would not be valid.

Jun 19, 2021 3:09 AM

Jul 2020
Hello :)

(28) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL

Does anyone know a method ?
A few months , I was looking for that and I couldnt found any animw with the exact day.

Thanks for reading <3
(Sorry for my grammar mistakes)
Jun 19, 2021 3:35 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
cyb3rf4iry said:

A few months , I was looking for that and I couldnt found any animw with the exact day.

Thanks for reading <3

You only need to find an anime that aired on the number, not the exact day month year.

So say if you joined on the 25th, you only have to find an anime that aired on the 25th of any month, any year. So something from 25 December 2010 would count. But something from 25 April 1970 would also count. As long as the number is the same, it's valid.

There are a variety of ways to find shows, you could check each season manually. You could browse a random genre and see if something aired on that number. You could also try your Plan to Watch list, there could be something valid on there as well.
There used to be a list for it but it's not up to date anymore unfortunately.

Jun 19, 2021 5:28 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
cyb3rf4iry said:

Thanks for reading <3
Here's a list of most of the anime on MAL that aired on the 25th day of the month. We're mostly certain it's accurate, but if you find one to use, make sure it's valid by checking the actual MAL entry for the air date.

And remember, like Ran said, only the number has to match. It doesn't matter what month or year it aired, as long as it was on the 25th of the month.

Jun 19, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2020
Ranacchi and dierubikdie Thanks a lot :,) , I misunderstood and I thought it must to be the exact day. Thanks for replying
Jun 20, 2021 4:45 PM

Jul 2016
Hi, for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main characterโ€จ, do
Matsumoto from Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song or
Happy from Edens Zero
count?

Jun 20, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2016
Hello, I just wanted to know if I can used Fruits Basket 2nd Season for this item:

(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series

If not, can someone recommend one pls, thank you
Jun 20, 2021 8:01 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Otaakuu said:
Hi, for (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main characterโ€จ, do
Matsumoto from Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song or
Happy from Edens Zero
count?
Both of these would be valid.

Lakesys said:
Hello, I just wanted to know if I can used Fruits Basket 2nd Season for this item:

(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series

If not, can someone recommend one pls, thank you
The original Fruits Basket is not listed under Related Anime, so this particular entry would not be valid for item (30).

You've seen the original Ghost in the Shell, so you've got a few options there; 2.0, the 2015 movie, & SAC_2045 would all be valid. There are also the Code Geass movies since you've seen the original show.

Jun 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Aug 2019
I have a question, is Yowamushi Pedal valid for item #120? "Watch an anime in which 2 or more of the Opening Theme (OP) and/or Ending Theme (ED) are performed by the same Artist/Group"
The group "Dirty Old Men" is credited for OP 2 and featured by another group for ED 2.
Does being featured by another group count as performed?
HarvestorJun 21, 2021 11:28 PM
Jun 22, 2021 3:02 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
jasevy said:
I have a question, is Yowamushi Pedal valid for item #120? "Watch an anime in which 2 or more of the Opening Theme (OP) and/or Ending Theme (ED) are performed by the same Artist/Group"
The group "Dirty Old Men" is credited for OP 2 and featured by another group for ED 2.
Does being featured by another group count as performed?
Collaborations are fine for that item, so that would be valid.

Jun 27, 2021 1:14 PM

Dec 2020
Hello! Quick question: For item #106, would the main characters of Africa no Salaryman count or are they already too similar to humans?
Jun 27, 2021 1:26 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Charisu_Ika said:
Hello! Quick question: For item #106, would the main characters of Africa no Salaryman count or are they already too similar to humans?
Yeah, those characters are too humanoid to count for this item. Same would be said for something like Beastars as well.

Jun 27, 2021 1:34 PM

Dec 2020
Alright, thanks for the clarification! :)
Jun 29, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
Can I have recs for these two please? :)

-(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

-(109) Watch an anime with 8 or more main characters listed
Jun 29, 2021 8:21 PM
Dec 2020
I can't do (100) in the 1st bingo board because it requires me to finish watching an anime which i ut on hold or dropped before July 1st 2020, but I only made my account in December of 2020 so its impossible, what do i do?
Jun 30, 2021 7:06 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
kojiAU said:
I can't do (100) in the 1st bingo board because it requires me to finish watching an anime which i ut on hold or dropped before July 1st 2020, but I only made my account in December of 2020 so its impossible, what do i do?
If there are no anime you dropped or put on hold before July 2020, then you won't be able to complete item 100. You could either lower your difficulty level, or choose a card that doesn't have that item. Cards 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 don't have item 100.

moupyon said:
-(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

Chidori RSC
Owarimonogatari S2
Kakegurui
Is This a Zombie?

-(109) Watch an anime with 8 or more main characters listed

Monster Musume
Love Live! Sunshine!!
Zombieland Saga
The iDOLM@STER
Many idol shows fit, really, so that's an avenue to explore if you like those.
dierubikdieJun 30, 2021 6:30 PM

Jun 30, 2021 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
Thank you so much! :D
Jul 2, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2021
Hey guys first time signing up for something like this so im still a bit confused on things.

Though i've only made the post recently i want it to count from jan 1st so i can track my overall progress, so should i list "completed anime" as the number of shows i had seen up to that point (rather than the total as of making the post)?

I also wanted to move around the code part for the colours to be at the end of each challenge as i felt this just looked nicer, while i cant see this small change being an issue to anything else, I wanted to check that im okay to make this change as im not sure if this could affect any other program reading the code at the end (or do a bunch of you guys do it manually lol?)

What is the quickest and easiest way to find out details from shows to see if they match any of the bingo board? Like i don't know which to pick from all those listed and even then i would have to search every single show to find out if "a favourite actor of yours voiced 2 characters" for example.

For shows requiring to watch a certain number of episodes is that just for one season? The most i've ever had in one season is 26 so god knows how id complete "Watch an anime with 75 or more episodes"
Treeky_Jul 2, 2021 4:40 AM
Jul 2, 2021 7:35 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
SmithyRocks said:
Though i've only made the post recently i want it to count from jan 1st so i can track my overall progress, so should i list "completed anime" as the number of shows i had seen up to that point (rather than the total as of making the post)?
Whatever you have completed as of sign-up is fine.

I also wanted to move around the code part for the colours to be at the end of each challenge
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but changing the colors of things is okay as long as they're still readable on light and dark backgrounds. We ask mainly that you don't change the format of the list; that would be things like size, list tags, spoiler tags, spacing, item order, etc. It makes inspections quicker for us if the forms looks as similar as possible from one to the next.

What is the quickest and easiest way to find out details from shows to see if they match any of the bingo board? Like i don't know which to pick from all those listed and even then i would have to search every single show to find out if "a favourite actor of yours voiced 2 characters" for example.
That's what makes it a challenge, really. Hunting down stuff that fits each item is kind of the point. A rule of thumb is that you'll find the info you're looking for on MAL, unless the item specifically links you to another site like AniDB or something.

Also, there are a few partially curated lists for certain items in our official club, and of course the full item list gives detailed rules and explanations for each item that might also help.

For shows requiring to watch a certain number of episodes is that just for one season? The most i've ever had in one season is 26 so god knows how id complete "Watch an anime with 75 or more episodes"
Don't think in terms of "seasons". We specifically only care about each MAL entry. Basically, if it has its own separate MAL page, then it's a separate anime, for the purposes of the challenge. So something like Space Brothers (with 99 episodes) would work for the example you gave here.
dierubikdieJul 2, 2021 7:39 AM

Jul 2, 2021 9:24 AM

May 2021
@dierubikdie

So i've only adjusted the size by a tiny tiny factor just to make the ones ive completed even clearer, so this shouldn't affect your guys work negatively at al :D

Thanks for the help also <3

Still learning alot about things you can do on here as not done any before

-- Also alot of the questions ask me to list scores and values "when started" tho since im doing this a bit retroactively from jan, i don't have these values. Guessing if i just list their current values (so long as they obviously meet the criteria, thats fine?)

Following from that is there anyway to see past values for "completed" numbers as im nearly 90% sure when i did watch this show it was below 2,500.
Treeky_Jul 2, 2021 10:13 AM
Jul 3, 2021 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
does Kobayashi qualify as a "professional" office worker?

Also for (28) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL
how can I find anime that aired on the 28th ?

Jul 3, 2021 6:38 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
SmithyRocks said:
-- Also alot of the questions ask me to list scores and values "when started" tho since im doing this a bit retroactively from jan, i don't have these values. Guessing if i just list their current values (so long as they obviously meet the criteria, thats fine?)
Listing their current values is fine, as long as they're still valid.

Following from that is there anyway to see past values for "completed" numbers as im nearly 90% sure when i did watch this show it was below 2,500.
We sometimes use the Wayback Machine to check past values. It doesn't always work, but it often helps.

Otaakuu said:
for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
does Kobayashi qualify as a "professional" office worker?
She's a programmer, so you can just list that.

Also for (28) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL
how can I find anime that aired on the 28th ?
We have lists for this particular item. Here's the list of anime that aired on the 28th. We're pretty certain it's accurate, but if you find something to watch, double-check its MAL page to be sure it actually aired on the 28th. We haven't found any errors yet, so it should be fine.

Jul 3, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2021
@dierubikdie

Can "86" please count for "Watch an anime that has a one-word main title" please?
Jul 3, 2021 2:52 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
SmithyRocks said:
Can "86" please count for "Watch an anime that has a one-word main title" please?
According to the rules for that item, the title cannot be a number, so 86 would not be valid.

Jul 3, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2010
Can I have recommendations for item
(21) Watch an anime with two or more studios listed?
Jul 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Jan 2013
Any ideas for "Watch an anime with either 5 or more opening themes (OP) listed or 5 or more ending themes (ED) listed" that's not a long anime? (50eps or less)
Jul 4, 2021 12:21 PM

May 2021
dierubikdie said:
SmithyRocks said:
According to the rules for that item, the title cannot be a number, so 86 would not be valid.

poop, thanks as always tho <3
Jul 5, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2016
Hello everyone, I'm having troubles finding some anime suitable for item (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode).

Can anybody strike me a few ideas?

Thank you very much!
Jul 5, 2021 6:17 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Shirayukin said:

Saki
Dororo
Frame Arms Girl
Actually, I am...
Medaka Box
Saiki K
Thermae Romae
Uchi Tama

fuyuki said:
Any ideas for "Watch an anime with either 5 or more opening themes (OP) listed or 5 or more ending themes (ED) listed" that's not a long anime? (50eps or less)

Uma Musume
Konohana Kitan
Space Dandy S2
Hanamaru Kindergarten
Uchi Tama
Shirokuma Cafe
Love Live!
Love Live! Sunshine!!

TheEdgelord said:
Hello everyone, I'm having troubles finding some anime suitable for item (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode).

Can anybody strike me a few ideas?

Thank you very much!

Chidori RSC
Bakemonogatari
Kakegurui
Is This a Zombie?

Jul 5, 2021 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
dierubikdie said:
Shirayukin said:

Saki
Dororo
Frame Arms Girl
Actually, I am...
Medaka Box
Saiki K
Thermae Romae
Uchi Tama

Thank you so much!
Jul 5, 2021 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
Is there a reason why the Completed Users List is taking so long to update? o.O I completed and submitted mine on April 20th and it hasn't been added to the list yet. All the lists for each bingo card type are barely filled in with completed users even though I'm sure dozens of people have turned their forms in by now.
Jul 6, 2021 5:21 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Talim said:
Is there a reason why the Completed Users List is taking so long to update? o.O I completed and submitted mine on April 20th and it hasn't been added to the list yet. All the lists for each bingo card type are barely filled in with completed users even though I'm sure dozens of people have turned their forms in by now.
Inspections have been going strong; we're just a bit behind on messaging users and adding folks to the Completed list. These things should start moving soon.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Jul 8, 2021 2:29 AM

May 2021
“Watch an anime that an active participant has completed for this challenge“

Is it just anyone whose listed a show that qualifies as active or someone whose updated recently?

“Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set“

What does that mean?
Jul 8, 2021 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
SmithyRocks said:
“Watch an anime that an active participant has completed for this challenge“

Is it just anyone whose listed a show that qualifies as active or someone whose updated recently?

“Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set“

What does that mean?

1. It's anyone who posted in the Sign-up thread (as long as they didn't withdraw) and COMPLETED the anime (has start and finish date (their end date must be before your start date)).

2. Forum set means avatar and/or signature of a user. You can see, in the sign-up post, that it asks you "Anime in the forum set" and for example, your anime would be Shokugeki no Souma as you used Takumi Aldini as your avatar ;)
OhTsuruJul 8, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 8, 2021 7:36 AM

May 2021
@OhTsuru cheers for that! Yeah i knew i had heard that term mentioned before of course when i entered it at the start, just forgot xD

Heres another:

"Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"

Would a fictional place instead count? Eg 86 - The Republic of San Magnolia.
Or are you basically implying a human MC from somewhere else on (our) Earth?
Jul 8, 2021 8:19 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
SmithyRocks said:
"Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"

Would a fictional place instead count? Eg 86 - The Republic of San Magnolia.
Or are you basically implying a human MC from somewhere else on (our) Earth?
According to the item explanation:
— the nationality can be real or fictional, but it must be located on Earth; state the character and nationality; can't be half-Japanese; cyborgs are not valid
So yes, fictional countries are okay, but they must be located on Earth. It looks like this anime does take place on an alternate version of Earth, so it would be valid.
dierubikdieJul 8, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 8, 2021 8:52 AM

May 2021
@dierubikdie thanks as always xx
Jul 9, 2021 7:51 AM

May 2021
For (52) ”Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more”

Can I use a film for this, since it doesn’t have an ‘episode duration’ really?
Jul 9, 2021 8:19 AM

Sep 2020
Challenge Start Date -> The date the first anime was started for the challenge, regardless of when you signed up for the challenge. This doesn't include the original starting date for the On-Hold item

My first entry was of an anime that i watched in June. But apparently, after some days I found that there is an anime satisfying the challenge requirements which I completed in January. So what should be my Challenge Start Date?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

517 by TheEyceOfSpades »»
May 21, 11:15 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

525 by lopoy20 »»
May 20, 12:38 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

108 by Kaylee »»
May 20, 12:38 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Completed Participants

AWC_mod - Jan 1

7 by AWC_mod »»
May 15, 8:37 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.