Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 27, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2012
ryu1991 said:
bleachjoj said:
Just saw the cruncyroll stream and man was that a great episode.

The animation, the music, the directing. Everything top notch.

Gon's adult form was rather scary, looking like a character straight out of Jojo's, the episode man sure to remind you that what Gon was doing was not a good thing. This wasn't a glorious transformation to beat the villain. In fact Pitou actually attempts to give Gon a fair fight. She waits for Gon to be ready and apologizes before taking a stance. Again paralleling with what Youpi said a couple of episodes ago and honoring her opponent.

In a typical Gon fashion he kind of cheats. It's totally a Gon thing to do. Hanzo kicks the crap out of him, Gon decides to just not give up forcing Hanzo to give to avoid killing.Loses an arm and his throat to land one hit on Genthru. Gon feels guilty about Kite and vows to kill Pitou, he doesn't care and just sacrifices everything to do it.

As for Gon being stronger than the King, I agree I think he did reach his level. Gon had extraordinary potential, something even Pitou said. This was all of his potential and future progress released at once. It's the result of decades of endless training. Not to mention Gon's other abilities which are probably just as based.

Gon cheated ? lol . She tried to back stab him, he kicked her in the air and then he finished her.

I mean "cheated" in that Gon essentially did something incredibly harsh to reach a level stronger than Pitou
May 27, 2014 12:39 PM
Apr 2013
I would not have changed a single second, a single frame, a single OST or a single voice.

That was just perfect.
May 27, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2014
bleachjoj said:
ryu1991 said:
bleachjoj said:
Just saw the cruncyroll stream and man was that a great episode.

The animation, the music, the directing. Everything top notch.

Gon's adult form was rather scary, looking like a character straight out of Jojo's, the episode man sure to remind you that what Gon was doing was not a good thing. This wasn't a glorious transformation to beat the villain. In fact Pitou actually attempts to give Gon a fair fight. She waits for Gon to be ready and apologizes before taking a stance. Again paralleling with what Youpi said a couple of episodes ago and honoring her opponent.

In a typical Gon fashion he kind of cheats. It's totally a Gon thing to do. Hanzo kicks the crap out of him, Gon decides to just not give up forcing Hanzo to give to avoid killing.Loses an arm and his throat to land one hit on Genthru. Gon feels guilty about Kite and vows to kill Pitou, he doesn't care and just sacrifices everything to do it.

As for Gon being stronger than the King, I agree I think he did reach his level. Gon had extraordinary potential, something even Pitou said. This was all of his potential and future progress released at once. It's the result of decades of endless training. Not to mention Gon's other abilities which are probably just as based.

Gon cheated ? lol . She tried to back stab him, he kicked her in the air and then he finished her.

I mean "cheated" in that Gon essentially did something incredibly harsh to reach a level stronger than Pitou

Yeah I just understood your comment before you posted. Sorry.
She still didn't fight fair though as she almost backstabbed him.
May 27, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2011
perfect, epic, excellent episode
yeah this episode is one of the best of the anime story.
HXH greatness of Chimera Ant invasion:
1. meruem vs netero
2. gon vs pitou
3. the end.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
May 27, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
This was just glorious. Pitou's last attack, Killua's dispair, Gon crying... I just can't bear my feelings right now. I've been crying for a while now.
At least I'm glad Pitou is dead. 10/10 to this episode. Totally epic.

May 2014
SalmonSandwich said:
Guilek said:
WisdomofSolomon said:
This was really over hyped, I mean the fight if you can call it that slaughter seems more
appropriate, received several episodes of buildup and people hyping it up like it was going to be a freaking epic masterpiece, but it just felt so short and underwhelming especially coming off Netero vs Meruem. Pitou was stated to be stronger than Netero, but she was almost completely curb stomped by Gon. The royal guard before this were outclassing hunters way more experienced than Gon and then he suddenly turns super saiyan and easily dispatches one like it was nothing it felt like an ass pull.

3/5

It is called vows and limitations.

Hehe yeah I can understand Solomons view on it since it was alot more controversial in the manga version since we had alot of hiatus to build the hype up even more for years. Even though it does follow the HXH nen rules established previously it does still feel slightly "ass-pully" but ehh I feel it was justified since we knew Gon was extremely irrational since the first arc so making an incredibly ridiculous vow and limitation fits his ally.

It's not an asspull since it's was establish a long time ago with the rule of nen. It isn't ridiculous that if he sacrifices everything in the vow then he gains everything (I don't know if you understand what I mean by that).
ryu1991May 27, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
I am crying now, only when the ED credit started to roll. It was painful to watch. I think I didn't blink my eyes for most of the time during this episode, I was so scared to miss anything. Glad Killua mentionned Bisky, because I also thought about her.

The OST was amazing, loved how the use of chant (sound like something I would hear in a buddhist temple).

And really, Megumi Han is AMAZING!
May 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2013
Can't wait to find out what happens next :O
I hope Gon didnt blow himself up with Pitou
May 27, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
I hope they fuckin' explain how he transformed. Like seriously, it doesn't just happen because you're angry.
May 27, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
I would have liked a new seiyu for AdultT Gon
May 27, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
GreenSoap said:
I hope they fuckin' explain how he transformed. Like seriously, it doesn't just happen because you're angry.

they don't really explain how people are using their nen anymore.
May 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
GreenSoap said:

It is called vows and Limitations like Kurapika. He sacrified everything his potential/ his nen/ his future to win this one fight. He don't care if it is over after this one fight. He gain temporary all his potential.
May 27, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
ryu1991 said:
SalmonSandwich said:
Guilek said:
WisdomofSolomon said:
This was really over hyped, I mean the fight if you can call it that slaughter seems more
appropriate, received several episodes of buildup and people hyping it up like it was going to be a freaking epic masterpiece, but it just felt so short and underwhelming especially coming off Netero vs Meruem. Pitou was stated to be stronger than Netero, but she was almost completely curb stomped by Gon. The royal guard before this were outclassing hunters way more experienced than Gon and then he suddenly turns super saiyan and easily dispatches one like it was nothing it felt like an ass pull.

3/5

Hehe yeah I can understand Solomons view on it since it was alot more controversial in the manga version since we had alot of hiatus to build the hype up even more for years. Even though it does follow the HXH nen rules established previously it does still feel slightly "ass-pully" but ehh I feel it was justified since we knew Gon was extremely irrational since the first arc so making an incredibly ridiculous vow and limitation fits his ally.

It's not an asspull since it's was establish a long time ago with the rule of nen. It isn't ridiculous that if he sacrifices everything in the vow then he gains everything (I don't know if you understand what I mean by that).

Nah I knew what you meant and I completely understood that it followed the rules established in the manga. (I did it write it in my previous post to solomon)I was just sharing my sentiments with solomon that even though it is following the rules established it does feel like gon slightly "cheated" but I counteract my point by mentioming only a character irrational as Gon would create such a ridiculous creed and limitation.
May 27, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2011
Why some people dont understand the Nen:

Vows & Limitations
Self imposed restriction, Vows and Limitations.
Being a product of the mind, Nen responds to the goals, strengths, and desires of individual users. As a result, a student of Nen can increase the overall power of an individual skill by stating a self-imposed restriction that forces even more conditions on it.
Example: Kurapika vs Ubo
May 27, 2014 12:57 PM
Apr 2014
Damn this was a great episode from the action, gore, and music alone. Those feels. Had to give it a 5 even tho I still feel conflicted about this fight and how this whole arc ends. Everything felt so anticlimatic and the hype just kind of dies for me. Gon's powered up form looked just as goofy as it did in the manga. From the ridiculously long hair to the crop top. Lmao.
May 27, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2014
GreenSoap said:

You can put a vow on your nen.The strongest is your vow, the more power you will gain. Kurapika made a vow to gain a new power. This vow is very strong because if he breaks this vows he dies.
This time gon vowed to sacrifice everything : "I don't care anymore so I will use everything". He sacrificed many decade of his life and the ability to use nen to reach his maximum potential ( that's how gon would be if he was at his peak).
May 27, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
How am I going to enjoy any other anime episode after that. I just wont.
But I can say with my hand on my heart that I can now die satisfied
May 27, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2009
So I know what my next profile will be....It's gon going crazy
May 27, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2008
Dude, I think I wet my underwear in more ways than one.

No but seriously speaking, Megumi Han. Is. A. BEAST.
YOU GODDAMN GO, WOMAN!

May 27, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2012
Today is a special kind of day. It's the kind of day we're you're just glad you're alive to witness anime perfection!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

May 27, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2014
TonyTonyStark said:
Barion-Zara said:
dark-chaos said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Barion-Zara said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Well we got the first hater vote!

I think there's gonna be lots of that though XD This is one of the most obvious 50-50 ep. U either love it or hate it nothing in between hehe ^^;

Yea but mostly just haters probably.

mostly trolls

Not really. I know lots of people who love HxH but hated this one XD They must have wanted some strategic fight or something like that PFFT XD

Ofc I loved it to pieces >.<

Most haters follow far less strategic action anime, so it doesnt add up. Just saying.

strategic fight??!! it's Gon!! -_- does he know anything but rock, paper ... ??
i think this is as best as it gets (at least for Gon) ... and it was truly epic, i got more feels/excitement from this episode then from most shonen animes, the animation/writing/VA/storyline unfolding is 5/5 (not exagerating), there are very few animes who can diliver like HXH did in this episode/arc
May 27, 2014 1:18 PM
Apr 2013
kinda disappointed... first of all, the jump from being ridiculously weak to being as strong as netero and the king is a little ridiculous, so i really hope we won't see this form again and allow gon to progress normally.

second, because he's supposedly fully grown and at the peak of what would be his strength, does this also mean that gon's fighting technique will never get any better? as in, the most interesting use of his nen will be rock-paper-scissors and the basic ten/ren?
May 27, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
You can't see this form again he sacrified everything, he isn't longer able to use nen. He just gain raw power, his total potential with his vows and limitations, he isn't from the future so he can't have technique from the future.
May 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
http://imgur.com/KO6BRLY
Literally my face when i saw Gon. The black and white Gon was much cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTaiWInZ44#t=137 - My mind just got blown
ramrowanJul 12, 2014 3:47 AM
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
May 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
ryu1991 said:
SalmonSandwich said:
Guilek said:
WisdomofSolomon said:

3/5

While it is a shounen manga/anime, the way the "battle" was executed seemed to get the point across about the mentality of both characters. I don't know if it could have been done with a more traditional fight. I think you're (Solomon) being unreasonable in that you were *expecting* something more of a balanced fight, without considering why the story was written the way it was.
May 27, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
Absolute perfection. Damn Gon doing a one sided massacre.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
I just can't stop thinking how epic this episode is.
In the spoiler, a comparison pic of Gon from anime and manga.
Simply amazing how beautiful in the anime it is, but in the manga he looks creepier.

TanoX_93May 27, 2014 1:35 PM
May 27, 2014 1:32 PM
Apr 2013
Guilek said:
You can't see this form again he sacrified everything, he isn't longer able to use nen. He just gain raw power, his total potential with his vows and limitations, he isn't from the future so he can't have technique from the future.

you're right, thanks for clearing that up.

now i really wanna know how the story is gonna progress..
anime watcher's problems..
May 27, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
yeah that was freaking intense, loved every part of this episode 5/5.
May 27, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2013
Feels good to be a manga reader in times like this.. muahahaha :P
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
May 27, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
Even if I was spoiled about the outcome the execution and whole the details were amazing!!! At the beginning when Gon transformed it felt like a massive ass pull especially when Pitou said that he is as strong as the king. But I am so glad later they explained how that happened. Basically he sacrificed his life energy and that kind of shit is how you can lose your Nen forever right? The only bad thing that could happen later is if there will be no consequences for Gon but I trust Togashi, he is a great writer.

Shit What An AWESOME EPISODE!!! Awesome animation by the way.....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
May 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
guyuz said:
Guilek said:

you're right, thanks for clearing that up.

now i really wanna know how the story is gonna progress..
anime watcher's problems..
Coming 200 eps revolving around Leorio as our new MC hue.
May 27, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2013
That's it... HxH is the best battle shounen anime I've ever seen, bar none.
5/5
May 27, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
It was not just vows and limitations, anger had quite a bit of work there. Remember that one episode where Gon had arm-wrestling against Nobunaga. I believe that during that episode it was said that Enchanters are strait forward, and that their ability gets stronger in accordance with their emotion. That is why Gon was so much stronger when he faced off Pitou in epiisode 116. Now, when he found out that Kite can't be healed, he was finally able to direct his anger towards Pitou. That, next to vows and limitations is what transformed him into that monster.

Edit: I forgot to comment on episode. I am still speechless. I was on the edge of my seat during this whole episode, holding my breath and getting goosebumps. I have waited so long for this episode, and now it is finally here...I need a day to sort out my feelings.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 27, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2011
What do you think, guys? Will this episode obtain more 5/5 than episode 126?
May 27, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2014
Gon's transformation was so so gay. It looked like it was gonna be something crazy when he was that shady black with white eyes. But then it was so lame. I mean seriously he turns into a 30 year old man, WTF. That was a massive letdown. The OST and animation was really good but Gons transformation was just weird.

And WTF does Pitou mean he's as strong as the king? A kid like him suddenly becomes stronger than Netero who trained his whole fkin life. What a load of BS, this makes Narutos OPness look minimal.
May 27, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2013
ValeBreck said:
What do you think, guys? Will this episode obtain more 5/5 than episode 126?

Hmmmm it may but if not i think it will be really close
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
May 27, 2014 1:51 PM
Jun 2013
I agree with the sentiments that this is so typical of Gon with his penchant for suddenly performing miraculous feats that would kill or cripple others for life. However, I've long been aware of this aspect of this series and while it did annoy me to no end, I still found this episode really spectacular.

And just to note, this is just his completely raw and unrefined potential. This is the peak of his natural abilities without any training, knowledge or refinement. I think it's in the same way that you would naturally grow more muscles as you mature from an adolescent into an adult but in the HxH world, nen is also part of that natural growth. So if he did have actually training to compound the natural strength he displayed here, he would probably be the strongest in the world.
May 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Humza_96 said:
Gon's transformation was so so gay. It looked like it was gonna be something crazy when he was that shady black with white eyes. But then it was so lame. I mean seriously he turns into a 30 year old man, WTF. That was a massive letdown. The OST and animation was really good but Gons transformation was just weird.

And WTF does Pitou mean he's as strong as the king? A kid like him suddenly becomes stronger than Netero who trained his whole fkin life. What a load of BS, this makes Narutos OPness look minimal.

yeah let's forget everything he had to give in exchange and the fact that this was still pretty consistent with laws of nen, also what the heck did you expect him to change into? Anything else would not have made a lick of sense
May 27, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
I was waiting for this, and it fulfilled my wishes.
Ahh, HxH if I could rate 11.. you'd deserve it.
May 27, 2014 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
@mca dude u spoilin? Just wait till we get to that part and we'll talk
May 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder, how would Hisoka react if he saw Gon in that state?

May 2014
i watched the episode and i loved it but at the end i was going to cry is he going to die or what . is he going to be able to use his nen again and if he is going to be like before and even stronger?
what is going to happen to him?

Jan 2014
Great to see the OST is already out so I don't have to wait months to search it.

Overall great episode. Solomon and the others do have a point, but have to keep in mind once again that the arc is not over. If no further explanation is given, then this is truly quite an asspull that raises a whole lot of other questions.

If nen users can just give up everything at any point in time, then why haven't many previous characters with nothing to lose done the same?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 27, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2013
Oh my fucking god... Jesus Christ! This episode was amazing! Best of the arc so far... Actually, best of the entire series! I can't tell if I feel worse for Gon, Killua or Pitou. Oh my god, what happened to Pitou was just terrible. She actually became one of my favorite characters.

Man, HxH is the anime that makes next week's episode seem like such a long way away! I need more!
May 27, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2014
this is my first post i will be back. hhm and i thought i was the only anime freak this is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit!! Magnificent!!! Absolutely magnificent!!! Take all my fucks Madhouse. I mean the superb animation, ost and everything...wow

mca said:
Vows and limitations does not apply to Gon. He can sacrifice all he wants, but a couple episodes later he will get it back. lol, what consequences? He is untouchable.

You won't be saying that pretty soon after you see his condition later.

May 2014
marian11 said:
I wonder, how would Hisoka react if he saw Gon in that state?

His shwing would doom us all.

Seriously though, phenomenal episode. I was curious as to all the hype for the battle and holy crap, it lived up to it and then some. On top of that, the emotional depth spewing from each and every character just made me man-tear all over the place.

10/10.

Oct 2011
I'm speechless by the beautiful directing and presentation... Can't decide which episode I like more between this one and episode 126 (Netero vs Meruem), but holy smokes was this episode freaking amazing!

Easily a 5/5 for me!

May 27, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
Humza_96 said:

Someone doesn't understand the talent and raw potential Gon has. It is bigger than the power that Netero obtained over the span of 60 years. In other words. The 30 year old Gon will be more powerful than the current Netero in terms of raw power. Simple as that. Then Gon just goes and makes a vow and sacrifices everything to obtain his true potential, you can say he manifests his potential into raw power.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pitou saw Netero's flashback

Diablo_07 - Yesterday

18 by yato_kagura »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2014

210 by Nerdason »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 119 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2014

274 by Nerdason »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2014

261 by Nerdason »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ElectricSlime - Dec 8, 2012

258 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.